Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11

Author Topic: Stargate Special AU OOC Chat and Plots  (Read 7182 times)

Teddy

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Teddy is on the verge of being accepted.Teddy is on the verge of being accepted.Teddy is on the verge of being accepted.Teddy is on the verge of being accepted.Teddy is on the verge of being accepted.
Stargate Special AU OOC Chat and Plots
« on: July 14, 2017, 09:54:36 AM »

As promised, please give us your ideas here

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
Re: Stargate Special AU OOC Chat and Plots
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2017, 10:03:48 AM »

I had just set up one elsewhere, but I got rid of it  :lol

Well, the first thing I was going to say was we should just consider it a stand-alone type of deal, at least so we're not worrying about interfering with any ongoing plots. But past that, honestly, whatever will keep us all interested should be considered.

I'd just like to gauge first what everyone else is considering here. I'm open to pretty much anything at this point, even if we start to veer a little into left field, like cross-overs, though we should probably avoid going too nuts or we'll lose interest in our own creation quickly.

We should also take stock of which characters people want to bring, whatever is comfortable for whomever wishes to get involved.

Teddy

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Captain
  • Teddy is on the verge of being accepted.Teddy is on the verge of being accepted.Teddy is on the verge of being accepted.Teddy is on the verge of being accepted.Teddy is on the verge of being accepted.
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2017, 11:51:15 AM »

Sorry bout that :lol:

Yes, a stand alone one would be ok, like you say it wont interfere  with anything, so anybody with any ideas lets hear em please

Khnum

• Major
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • Khnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has Ascended
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2017, 02:55:15 PM »

In the summit between the various Goa'uld, it was proposed to visit the Dakara planet to know its present status and whether it was possible to regain it from the Goa'uld.

Altzek

• Technical Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 19
  • Altzek is working their way up.Altzek is working their way up.Altzek is working their way up.
  • No
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2017, 08:57:54 PM »

My proposals are a game in which Earth is invaded by the Goa'uld unprepared, in an AU in which the stargate was never rediscovered, or a Roots of Rebellion game, set shortly before the anti-Goa'uld rebellion in Egypt.

Teddy

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Captain
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2017, 10:06:17 AM »

Like the first idea, thank you Altzek

I got to say the word, cant keep it back

Furlings

Nope? 

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2017, 10:15:02 AM »

"We did everything we can." *beams out*

:lol  :fp

Episode 200, good times. Good times.

I'd like to see what the general pulse is before we go too far away from what we've done, if only because I'd like to avoid creating an all new cast just for this. But let's see what else comes up, we've got the whole weekend. Depending on RL schedules and whatnot, but still.

Altzek

• Technical Sergeant
  • Altzek is working their way up.Altzek is working their way up.Altzek is working their way up.
  • No
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2017, 11:38:36 AM »

Like the first idea, thank you Altzek

I got to say the word, cant keep it back

Furlings

Nope?

What, in the AU?

Would they be actual furries?

Teddy

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Captain
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2017, 01:40:40 PM »

Cipher:  I cant remember that epi :lol:

Altzek:  I just threw them out there, a lot of people used to bring the Furling up, wanting to know what they would look like etc, it ended up as a kind of joke

Robert Laurel

• Sin Bin
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Robert Laurel is looked down upon.
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2017, 04:26:58 PM »

If we do an alternate gou'ald invasion, then I would think that there would be some point where Earth can discover their Stargate and set it up so they can somehow reach the Ancients or somebody and summon help. Earth cannot stand up to gou'ald tech without some kind of help.

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Captain
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2017, 01:48:54 AM »

Throwing this out there, but what about something with the race that caused the creation of the Foothold training and response scenarios, the Stragoth. Maybe we could have someone pick a few random people to be PCs replaced by them to make itinteresting.

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 51
  • NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2017, 11:50:04 AM »

Stagoth? I need to read up on that.  :huh  :fp

Other than that I'm all game for an AU adventure until we know where to take this.

Just having discovered the gate, rounding up people for the SGC and then have an Goa'uld attack maybe??

VagabonD SerpenT

• Administrator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!
  • Forum Bouncer, so behave.
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2017, 01:12:08 PM »

AU is the best option right now I think. Let's be fair - we have absolutely no idea for how long Mel's absent, and yes, if she's coming back at all. Until we can say for certain that she's either back or not going to be back at all, we'd rather put her plots and arcs on hold and do some side stories.

And if Earth is going to be invaded by Goa'Uld without StarGate discovered, then Ra or Apophis are going to simply rape it and that's the end of the story :lol
Terra Locuta. Causa Finita.

Bickering with an admin is like fighting a dragon. You gave him a good kick, poked his eye with your sword and already are aiming to cut his throat open, when the dragon gets tired and finally breathes out.

Robert Laurel

• Sin Bin
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Robert Laurel is looked down upon.
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2017, 06:26:42 PM »

How about an adventure in Keltia? I can run that. I've written previously that they have been under attack by terrorists of unknown origin who have at times been using small-time gou'ald lordlings to conduct raids.

Altzek

• Technical Sergeant
  • No
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2017, 08:16:30 PM »

If we do an alternate gou'ald invasion, then I would think that there would be some point where Earth can discover their Stargate and set it up so they can somehow reach the Ancients or somebody and summon help. Earth cannot stand up to gou'ald tech without some kind of help.

By far the only thing that Earth needs is something that can penetrate shields, otherwise they'd actually have goa'uld for dinner.

Earth jet aircrafts are much more maneuvrable than death gliders and have superior armament, jaffa have only one kind of issued weapon that has serious precision issues and their tactics appear to be mostly mass charges against the much more flexible Earth militaries, even ha'taks in orbit can be destroyed with a couple of well-placed ICBMs once the shields are down. Finally, Earth has numbers, while the best that the goa'uld could deploy is an army in the hundreds of thousands, this considering the scarce population on goa'uld-held planets.
I like to play as goa'ulds, but they never really stood a chance.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11

lethal-pageant