Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: Stargate Special AU OOC Chat and Plots  (Read 5161 times)

Shadowlord

• Sin Bin
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • Shadowlord is a rising star!Shadowlord is a rising star!Shadowlord is a rising star!Shadowlord is a rising star!Shadowlord is a rising star!Shadowlord is a rising star!
Re: Stargate Special AU OOC Chat and Plots
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2017, 08:16:11 AM »

I was under the impression we would be doing Earth during WW1 or WW2 personally I think it depends on what you want for the Goa'uld. I suggested that we could do a Goa'uld on Earth with only a few gadgets to get them by and they would mostly have to use human technology with obviously any Goa'uld upgrades they would make in addition to that. Or we could have it be a time travel story and have a Goa'uld go back with a small amount of Jaffa or even a Ha'tak, advantage of the former though is we can force the Goa'uld into having to actually be more covert.

I think I personally would vote for the former but yeh having a vote on such things first makes sense if that is something yous can set up.
If we had it be a Goa'uld in that sense I think new characters would be better and the time travel could be scrapped entirely. But you guys can figure that out.. best to probably just have an actual vote though to save time.

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2017, 08:16:57 AM »

Do you mean that the Goa'uld invaded Earth at the end of WW2 and our char's are currently living under their reign?
And then gets a chance to go back and try and fix things, or?

I can so see Mike's face when asked if he wants to get back in time to the time and place his grandparents fled from...  :Poke

Shadowlord

• Sin Bin
  • Captain
  • Shadowlord is a rising star!Shadowlord is a rising star!Shadowlord is a rising star!Shadowlord is a rising star!Shadowlord is a rising star!Shadowlord is a rising star!
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2017, 08:28:12 AM »

I would personally prefer the Goa'uld wake up/travel back in time in the middle of the war and be forced to somehow take over one of the nations. Sorry that was not more clear. If it's a queen then she could use her pheromones to naturally make some politicians side with her although if you prefer not a queen nishta works fine too.

Way I see it the Goa'uld would probably have a hand device and maybe a zat but since Earth has no Naquadah more tech would be impossible. We can have the gate missing as well so the Goa'uld would want to find it.

So the Goa'uld would be covert and would secretly control a particular nations government assisting them with tech upgrades to win the war. I agree with Altzek nazis are done to death so WW1 might be a better option probably then we can go for some other nation other then Germany, then we have your Tau'ri characters perhaps over time learn of the Goa'uld influence as the Goa'uld slowly reveals itself to its own people. Basically ending with you guys having to assassinate that Goa'uld and whatever other crazy ideas we can think of.

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • First Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 54
  • Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2017, 08:32:56 AM »

What I proposed was more going back in time with existing characters, the Goa'uld characters doing so by whatever means Ba'al had planned in Continuum or a method they decide on their own, while the Tau'ri go back to try and undo the damage. The Goa'uld try to take over in that time, hoping that without their technology, the Tau'ri will be easier prey. They could have a small force of Jaffa and modern (in their terms, so Zats, Ma'toks, so on) weapons, but the challenge is dealing with humanity in a wartime footing.

The Tau'ri can't interfere with the timeline, but they're going to have to figure out how to fight the Goa'uld using the era's available weapons and technologies while figuring out how to undo the damage to the timeline. But if more people are wanting to make characters for the era instead, we can try to run with that instead.

Shadowlord

• Sin Bin
  • Captain
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2017, 08:39:17 AM »

If we were to go with that then we could potentially have Sobek, Khnum and Mefitis all travel back together.. problem is though is your giving the Goa'uld a massive advantage there I don't really think any of you are capable of handling without a Daedalus class vessel lol.

I'm happy to discuss such an idea further but the idea of giving up their planets just for Earth alone sounds a bit.. too stupid to me.. but maybe if we had it be an accident it could work.

Teddy

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Teddy hides in shadows.
  • The DEATH of DiscWorld
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2017, 08:42:39 AM »

Ummm Ciphers and Shadows story together with the alterations could work

Shadowlord

• Sin Bin
  • Captain
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2017, 08:57:28 AM »

I feel some problems would rise up however.
If Mefitis is the only queen it would make both Sobek and Khnum kinda at a disadvantage.
Reason I also suggested a queen is that she could have her children take new hosts.
Could we perhaps get our queens to go back in time with us in the case of Khnum and I?

Teddy

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Teddy hides in shadows.
  • The DEATH of DiscWorld
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2017, 09:00:21 AM »

Hello, I am pleased to announce that, with the backing of Cipher,Vad, and myself that Shadowlord will be the GM for this AU story, we wish him well and will give all the help he needs, good luck Shadow

Altzek

• Technical Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Altzek is working their way up.Altzek is working their way up.Altzek is working their way up.
  • No
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2017, 09:15:35 AM »

I don't think any time travel is needed.
My idea: the stargate is activated in 1945, but instead of finding Heliopolis, for whatever reason Langford stumbles upon a goa'uld world with a small but well-equipped expedition. Whoever's in charge of that world captures the team, gets an idea of what Earth is like, he goes to his fellow eels and he's like "Yo, dudes, remember that world where we got the monkeys? Yeah, basically, they've sent some people on my world and pretty much they told me that they will be quite dangerous to us in about a century or so, three at best. Wanna beat the frak out of them? We can divide the spoils if you want" and the others are like "Yeah, 'kay", the goa'uld invade Earth as the world is recovering from World War II, let's say in 1954, and yaddayaddayadda.
For the sake of the scenario, let's assume that the Goa'uld empire under Ra is still alive and kicking, with Khnum and Sobek as System Lords.
Second antebellum is ideal because the goa'uld start with a very good advantage in terms of technology but tau'ri can still catch up and to a certain extent make do with what we already have. We have x-rays, ideal to expose spies, we have the earliest atomic bombs and we're in the process of figuring out inter-continental ballistic missiles. Also, we have the earliest assault rifles, and I think that sturmwegehrs, AKs and even submachine guns can pack quite a punch against ma'toks and other alien weapons. Again, what we're missing is only something to penetrate the shields and then we'll call it even.

I don't think I'll play with any of my own estabilished characters, by the way.

I feel some problems would rise up however.
If Mefitis is the only queen it would make both Sobek and Khnum kinda at a disadvantage.
Reason I also suggested a queen is that she could have her children take new hosts.
Could we perhaps get our queens to go back in time with us in the case of Khnum and I?

You probably should.

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!
« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2017, 09:29:41 AM »

Do I understand it correctly as - we don't go back in time, yet the AU RP will take place in late 50's?

That would take a heck of a tweaking and researching before we could get in to play and making a bunch of new char's. Not sure If I'm happy with that set up.
Time traveling was appealing to me because I could use already established char's. 

Shadowlord

• Sin Bin
  • Captain
« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2017, 09:31:47 AM »

Ok so I'm going to have to figure this out.

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • First Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 54
  • Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2017, 09:36:33 AM »

I understand Shadow's concerns, so yeah, that should be addressed on the Goa'uld side. But for the Tau'ri, no, unless someone wants to make a character in that era, we really need to figure out how to get the existing characters there, as NG said, it requires a lot more work to make new PCs just for this, and it defeats the purpose of this.

If we're going to get into weapon effectiveness, World War One is just as suitable as post-war 1950s. I mean, if you want an idea of what to expect, look at IMFDB's page on Battlefield 1. That's not a huge problem unless we get into the Goa'uld having Death Gliders or whatever. Which I'll accept, Shadow's right, we need to limit the Goa'uld in terms of available tech. Personally, I prefer World War One the most, I'm okay with World War Two if we have to or post-war Cold War.

The time travel mechanic is pretty much there to bring existing characters over, because I'm pretty sure none of the people who want to play as the Tau'ri really want to try and figure out how to build a character in either WW1 or the 50s.

Shadowlord

• Sin Bin
  • Captain
« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2017, 09:53:18 AM »

Oh ok then.
Let me try piece this together then.

We set it in WW1 probably fairly early on.
A Goa'uld travels back in time to conquer the Earth trying to start an empire to conquer the galaxy with.
Potentially loses access to the gate for some reason and is forced to hide out.
Goa'uld poisons minds of some politicians and taking advantage of WW1 takes over a nation yet to be decided.
Ends up using the Goa'uld knowledge to upgrade WW1 tech slowly over time using the war as a way to gain personal power.
Tau'ri characters go back in time to stop this new threat but end up having to deal with the horrors of WW1 as well.
Our Tau'ri characters must help the nations of that time learn of the Goa'uld existence and convince them to help take down the alien menace before the world is taken over by a covert conniving manipulative egocentrical alien that has a massive god complex, sounds fun to me sign me up lol.

Does this sound alright?

Shadowlord

• Sin Bin
  • Captain
« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2017, 10:05:22 AM »

So if it's ok with everybody I am thinking of going with Coatlicue.
Basically a Goa'uld queen with Aztec culture influences.
We can say she survived and has now come to Earth seeking vengeance but maybe she has no Jaffa and no empire so she instead intends to do something a bit more rash.
Obviously I would have to expand upon it a bit more but this intrigues me as sort of a writing challenge.

Khnum

• Major
  • Reputation Power: 74
  • Khnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has Ascended
« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2017, 10:34:48 AM »

I know that Coatlicue is already dead, you can find it in official novels :^
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11