Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Help needed  (Read 615 times)

Netherhunter75

• Airman
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Netherhunter75 A new starter.
  • I love Stargate and roleplaying. I know what to do
Help needed
« on: July 26, 2017, 10:10:52 PM »

I require help if anyone has the time to spare.

I am writing a Stargate fan-fiction based on the general idea of 'Empress in the Shadows'. A good Goa'uld by the name of Enki is born and given host. The story follows his rise in power and eventual fall from grace.

I need all the help I can get and will not slack as this will be a long term project if the first few chapters are well received. If you like the idea and think you have the time. If you have any questions ask below. Thanks. :)

Dal shakka mel.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 209
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Re: Help needed
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2017, 10:29:38 PM »

Sounds fabulous Nether. Do you have a particular era for him? If he is to be in say the here and now, I could help a lot. Not that I've written much Goa'uldy stuff but I have written some :)

https://m.fanfiction.net/s/11031090/1/Daedalus-Reunion
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Netherhunter75

• Airman
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2017, 10:47:36 PM »

The timeline of the story goes from the year 4483 BCE to when Stargate SG-1 ends. There are going to be a lot of time skips so me and whoever helps will only have to write about the important stuff happening. That aside it will be several chapters until it gets to SG-1 episode 1 time.

Just so you don't back off in fear of research I have several sources about culture and architecture from the time as well as a city and other stuff already set up.

Dal shakka mel.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2017, 11:50:00 PM »

I do have my finger (literally) on quite a few sources of Goa'uld lore. My assistance will be purely on a guidance and beta reading aspect to start with, once you're up a chapter or three I can do a little writing for you as I need to see how you do write and that we will remain on the same page.
Far Dareis Mai

Netherhunter75

• Airman
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2017, 11:54:02 PM »

Sounds good. :) Thanks so much. Would you like the chapters sent via FF docx or Google docs?

One of the few resources that I don't have is the SG-1 roleplaying game books. Do you by chance have the core book or any of the other manuals?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 12:00:57 AM by Netherhunter75 »

Dal shakka mel.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2017, 12:08:35 AM »

If you have FF.net I can read from there; that would be great.

Nope, never used them since I started doing SG RPG's back in 09 on Gateworld. Most of the lore we use here for SG is straight from the show. If you've done any reading of what we have, we more or less started from the end of season 10, creating season 11. We are now in season 13 of SG1 and season 6 of SGA. We are also doing SGU. Sadly we have very few canon roles being uitilized other than Sam (me) most of the other mains have at some time been played, but we've not had a great success in keeping people with them, with most RPer's preferring to do OC roles.
Far Dareis Mai

Netherhunter75

• Airman
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2017, 12:17:28 AM »

I own all 10 seasons of SG-1 and all 5 seasons of SGA. I've only seen the first 5 episodes of SGU so I think that basic lore is covered on that end plus I have at least read through the wiki twice. I am interested in your season 11-13 of SG-1. I will have to read through that at some point. If you will PM me at 'Netherhunter75' on FF and I can send you some notes that I've shared with another who I'm working with. I don't have it saved to a word, yet.

If I play in your RP I think I would play as Jack or Daniel. RDA and MS are amazing actors.

By the by. Do you still have those lore books because I need to know some info on Bastet that the series doesn't supply? Even the wiki is lacking. :(
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 12:22:38 AM by Netherhunter75 »

Dal shakka mel.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2017, 01:07:56 AM »

Much the same as I do. You'll be up and running in no time :)

With Jack, at the moment he is in charge of Homeworld Security based at the Pentagon. He and Sam are 'officially' married and Sam is currently 7 months pregnant, she is expecting twins. Think you can handle that?  :yes:

PM sent @FF.net

As for Bastet, there is very little on her, other than what may be written in some of the Stargate books, or that written by fans like ourselves.

essentially this is about all that is available on her

http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.com/wiki/Bastet

there are some good fanfiction on her, but it is very adult and quite explicit
Far Dareis Mai

Netherhunter75

• Airman
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2017, 01:13:06 AM »

I think I can handle being Jack. It is a tall order though. Where do I go to get where I'm supposed to be to play Jack?

Dal shakka mel.

Khnum

• Major
  • Reputation Power: 74
  • Khnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has Ascended
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2017, 01:40:30 AM »

Interesting choice for the goa'uld and I must say that your fanfiction might have been really interesting and useful. Probably myself and Shadowlord are those who have more knowledge of this species and its history.

I'm curious to read the first six chapters.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2017, 01:44:52 AM »

I think I can handle being Jack. It is a tall order though. Where do I go to get where I'm supposed to be to play Jack?

Sometime tomorrow morning I will create an audition post for you to reply to, which I will send via PM. Once we have all the format etc sorted out, I can start with you at home in Colorado Springs with Sam giving Jack an update on the current situations. How's that? :D
Far Dareis Mai

Khnum

• Major
  • Reputation Power: 74
  • Khnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has Ascended
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2017, 01:54:43 AM »

Could you send me the six chapters? Please contact me with a pm :D

Netherhunter75

• Airman
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2017, 02:16:18 AM »

Mim, That works. Thanks had to spend some time writing my PM about it.

Khnum, I don't have it written yet. I can PM you what I sent Mim though if that would work? It is basically the entire story line of my fan-fiction.

Dal shakka mel.

Shadowlord

• Sin Bin
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • Shadowlord is a rising star!Shadowlord is a rising star!Shadowlord is a rising star!Shadowlord is a rising star!Shadowlord is a rising star!Shadowlord is a rising star!
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2017, 02:30:23 AM »

I would be happy to read it as well if you send it. You can count on me to give criticism.

Netherhunter75

• Airman
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2017, 02:31:02 AM »

Already sent

Dal shakka mel.
Pages: [1] 2

lethal-pageant