Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Out in the Kuiper Belt  (Read 4082 times)

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
Re: Out in the Kuiper Belt
« Reply #75 on: December 13, 2017, 08:27:44 AM »

Mesa nodded to her friend.  "We'll keep an eye on him," she promised.  this was going to be bad.  She could feel it already.  Things were going to come back as their fault and it really wasn't.

Ty sighed softly.  "'We will do everything we can," he assured Lily.  He just prayed it would be enough.  What a mess.  He wasn't sure how they were going to clean this one up. 

Robert Laurel

• Sin Bin
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Robert Laurel is looked down upon.
« Reply #76 on: December 28, 2017, 11:10:55 AM »

Steven made his way back to the bridge to get out of the way of people doing their jobs. When he got there he hailed Victory. "Commodore Campbell, you will conduct an investigation into the events in the hanger bay. You will have full access to all records and will be able to interview all personnel. You will turn in your report in 72 hours." He looked at Fiona Drummond who had accompanied him. "You will have my full cooperation, General" she said. She already knew what the investigation would find. There was no negligence involved: both Kelt and Terran technology hadn't been good enough to detect the aliens. "Take us back to lunar orbit, XO. I'll be in my quarters."
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 05:22:49 PM by Robert Laurel »

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 244
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #77 on: January 01, 2018, 11:49:53 PM »

The entire scene had been played out on Maria's monitors, she was angry, more than angry she couldn't have been down there to help them. Most likely though she would have only gotten in the way more than anything else. With the prisoner secured in a force field shielded cell, someone for the NID to play around with, she put the whole experience out of mind for the moment as she followed orders setting the ship for home again. This was going to be something to tell her grandkids one day, if she ever had any that was of course. Mesa and Ty joined her on the bridge as Steven left, she was worried about him, he should not have been down there, but you simply can't tell the general what to do, he had a mind of his own. "Course set Sir. Mesa, Ty, while we are under way, care to tell me all that went down today, I do have a report to make probably before we get home."
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #78 on: January 02, 2018, 08:30:01 PM »

Mesa and Ty glanced at each other.  It had been horrible, but none of them could have predicted something this bad.  Ty blew out a breath.  "Things went wonky fast.  I still don't know how we went from practice to a real fight."

Mesa shook her head. "It was bad.  None of us expected to have something that powerful appear."
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 09:33:06 AM by sorra »

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #79 on: January 07, 2018, 04:43:53 PM »

<Bridge>

As the two of them spoke, Maria recorded their words for later transcribing onto her combat report, there was nothing in what they said that would lead anyone to think that all that was possible was done, nothing. Her own report of Steven's actions were going to glossed over just a tad, for him to have done what he did 'might' have led to some kind of disciplinary action, yes even for a general as there is always someone a little higher than yourself to bring you down a peg. She would portray the actions as unavoidable consequences on all parties, something she knew at a heads of department meeting before they arrived home, she was going to have everyone of them on the same page; that went for the crew as well. Steven was more than fortunate in that he was loved aboard this ship, possible other than Sam Carter, no other ship's captain had garnered so much affection from his crew.

When she was done, Maria sat back to look at them both, a small smile on her face. "You both look like crap. Go clean up, grab some rest or food or both. We'll be home soon."
Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #80 on: January 08, 2018, 09:35:48 AM »

Ty pulled a face, shaking his head a bit. "Feel like it too, ma'am," he sighed, running a hand through his already disheveled dark brown hair.  He still had blood caked on his suit and his hands from trying to save lives yet watching them slip through his fingers.  Not only was that hard as they were members of his team, but as a medic it was never easy to lose a patient.

Mesa had to laugh softly, trying hard to stay upbeat.  "You have no idea.  Thanks though.  Just give a shout if you need us," she told Maria.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #81 on: January 09, 2018, 07:30:47 PM »

<Bridge>

"I'm not going to have to order you two to rest am I?" Maria said cheekily trying her best to lighten the mood. She could emphasize with them though, she'd been through her own personal hell and back which wasn't only the recent events on the Alpha Site, but previously with their war just eight months ago with the very race those same Borg who had almost killed her, taken her friend Flynn, then escaped in Hozgura ships that were just waiting for someone to take them. That Stargate Command didn't find them, to destroy those ships she felt would come back to bite them sooner rather than later. "Go, shoo. The both of you, I need to do some work. I'll make sure someone wakes you when we're home, if you can sleep at all that is."
Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #82 on: January 11, 2018, 11:00:58 AM »

Ty hid a yawn behind his hand.  He was wiped out and wanted a shower in the worst way.  "No you don't have to tell me twice," he said, scrubbing at his face. 

Mesa nodded as well.  "I know when not to argue.  I'll turn in as well.  So yes please let us know if anything arises that needs our attention." She flashed Maria a smile before turning with Ty to head to their rooms.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 11:51:59 PM by Mim »

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #83 on: January 12, 2018, 12:08:23 AM »

"I'll make sure you both know in good time so you can see the old blue marble for yourself when we're near orbit." Maria watched them leave, then settled back herself taking Steven's command chair to make herself comfortable for the next few hours.
Far Dareis Mai

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #84 on: January 29, 2018, 09:52:05 PM »

<UNS Saggitta>

The time had arrived in of course a timely fashion. Maria sat up bolt straight when the proximity alarm awoke her and the bridge crew from their two hour doze. Earth came up rapidly as the small four ship fleet settled into orbit high above Earth.

"Attention all crew, hands to stations, we have arrived home...General Caldwell to the bridge." She tapped out a message to the Victory, Rabaul and Britannia giving those ships co-ordinates for their stations.

<UNS Victory>

Lily sat alone with her thoughts for the entire journey back home. As tired as she was, she never slept a wink. How could she? On returning to her ship and her cabin, she found an email that had been sent to her during the course of the combat, she had been promoted to full Bird colonel with the prospect of her own command in the very near future. Finally as the ship reached home, she laid back staring at the ceiling before dropping off in a sweet repose.
Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #85 on: January 30, 2018, 01:14:39 PM »

<UNS Saggitta>

Ty heard the announcement and groaned.  It was good to be home, but he felt like he hadn't slept in a month.  He pushed himself out of bed and went to find Mesa.

Mesa was just pulling her hair back as Ty stepped out.  She gave him a slight smile.  "We'll, We're almost home " she said with a smile as they walked toward the bridge.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #86 on: February 06, 2018, 04:00:34 PM »

<General Steven Caldwell> NPC

It didn't take long for Steven to reach the bridge, considering his cabin was on the same deck just twenty meters away he did rather well to wake from his short sleep looking as refreshed and smart as he always did. The first view he took in was his crew, then that of the glorious image of that old blue/green marble just below them. "What have we got Maria, other than being home of course."

By the time he did arrive, Maria had taken the liberty to read the first messages sent to the ship anticipating their return. Some of those messages were the standard fare, one though might not go down too well in the immediate circumstances. Yet considering what they had been through, it would have been expected. "The usual sir, I think though you may need to tackle this one first." In a small way it was something that Maria had been waiting for, in other ways there was sadness connected to it. Handing over the hard copy, Maria then stood back with her arms behind her. A half smile was in the making.

"Hmmm." Steven intoned as he read the entire message in front of him. Then he to broke into a smile. "Well its about time. Listen up people closely. As expected due to what we have suffered recently, the good ship Saggitta will be returning to Tagrea for a full repair and refit under our guidance. As per our loan arrangement we will be training local crews to take over some of our positions on board. That might sound a little down to some of you but there is more. In this, a quarter of the crew will be transferred to nuship Coral Sea under the command of her Captain  Lieutenant Colonel Maria Aguayo and her XO Major Mesa McCaffry. Captain Jackson, you have been appointed the Coral Sea's Medical officer and all of you will be expected at the Seattle shipyard in 24 hours time." Not much of a leave, but then they all did only return from leave just prior to this last mission. Such was life with the SGC.

"As for me, I'm being sent to the Pentagon for a while, though I'm sure we'll all be seeing each other again soon enough."

One of the junior crewmen thought it was a good time for three cheers, which was taken up by everyone including the General.

"We'll miss you sir." Maria told him affectionately, he had been like a father to all of them the more they had bonded together as a crew.

"Don't start me girl, you know how teary I can get." He told her, then reached out his hand towards Mesa first, then Ty to give them a hearty shake. "Congratulations you two, you've earned it."
Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #87 on: February 06, 2018, 07:30:11 PM »

Mesa and Ty watched as they approached home.   It would be great to relax if even for just a day or two.  They both needed some downtime to get over what happened.

The  next words out of Steven's mouth stopped them both in their tracks.  "XO, sir?" mesa repeated.  "And you'll be missed." She flashed her friend a smile, happy for Maria.

"Medical officer?  Wow." Ty shook his head in disbelief.  "Take care, sir," he said, shaking Steven's hand.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #88 on: February 07, 2018, 02:52:23 PM »

<General Steven Caldwell> NPC

If they hung around too much, Steven knew he'd be getting emotional, something he was highly adverse to doing given the light of recent events. He knew as well a court of inquiry was in the wings so for him right now he needed to be as clear headed as possible. "Alright then people, I want to see you three off this barge in ten minutes. Pack your things and report to the SGC as soon as you beam down and please, make sure all of you keep your mouths shut tight over what took place out there. Am I clear on that?"

Maria knew exactly where he was coming from, hell she'd been through the same thing often enough. "We got it sir. Come on Mesa, Ty, we know when we're not wanted." She was joking of course, the smile in her eyes said as much.

<Mesa, Ty, Maria to SGC>>
Far Dareis Mai
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]