Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Is it possible to write Episode 9 now? (Spoilers)  (Read 245 times)

humonjello

• Staff Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • humonjello Thumb turning green.humonjello Thumb turning green.
  • The best kind of jello
Is it possible to write Episode 9 now? (Spoilers)
« on: December 26, 2017, 10:09:19 PM »

I haven't actually seen Star Wars: The Last Jedi yet, but I have seen all the youtube commentary and I have heard all the spoilers. I am planning to see this movie probably next week so that Disney will get a slimmer percentage of the revenue from my ticket purchase that way.

Anyway.

Since the apparent consensus (not including from film critics who inexplicably gave it a 90%+ RT score) is that in episode 8 Ri-Jo took a steaming dump all over everything JJ set up in episode 7, I got to thinking about how it might be possible to write episode 9, after all that.

Like, if I was tasked with the ninth part in the series, how would I reconcile all the plot holes Rian introduced? And how would I tie up all the loose ends from episode 7 that are now hanging even looser than before?

I haven't yet seen The Last Jedi yet (and I barely even remember what happened 2 years ago in The Force Awakens), so I don't know if these theories are actually compatible with the established canon, (everything said before the word "but" is horse manure) but here goes.

I propose the following, directly in response to what four fat geeks named Angry Joe said:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

So, I'm planning to see episode 8 probably this weekend, and I will try to put these theories to the test. The main ones seem to be:

- Rose is a spy, and if she survives her suicide attack against Finn, her future angle will be to work Finn in an attempt to get close to the rebel high command and kill Leia.

- Snoke is a hologram, and Kylo is still working with him in secret to corrupt Rey. Because corrupting her is more important than any of this silly business with the rebels.

- Phasma is a clone/cyborg who will continue to appear repeatedly until the First Order stops manufacturing copies of her. Finn is wasting his time trying to fight each iteration. He may as well fight the internet.

- The New Republic sucks worse than the European Union, and the First Order is an inevitable result of that. They got their money from.... oil? I don't know. Whatever. frak you. But now they have a massive fleet, and a whole generation of angry young men to operate it.

- Luke is tired of watching incompetent people squander everything he accomplished during his youth, so he'd much rather just die and get it over with. Nobody will miss him because nobody fracking cares. That's post-modernism for you.

Comments are welcome, I would love to discuss these theories and find out if they are workable or not. The central thought experiment remains: Is it still possible, after everything that happened, to write an episode 9 and have it still make sense within the constraints of canon?

I am going with the cynical assumption that episode 9 will actually be just 2 hours of Jar-Jar slapping his wiener across Darth Vader's face, but I still find value in these little thought experiments to think about what could exist, even if it will not actually come to be.

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.
  • I already lost one captain. I won't lose another
    • Inkitt.com
Re: Is it possible to write Episode 9 now? (Spoilers)
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2018, 02:10:22 PM »

BTW I like Luke. I remember his screams that echo in my head after hearing that Vader is his father...  :lol :fp
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • Bowsy 112 has great potential!Bowsy 112 has great potential!Bowsy 112 has great potential!Bowsy 112 has great potential!Bowsy 112 has great potential!Bowsy 112 has great potential!Bowsy 112 has great potential!Bowsy 112 has great potential!Bowsy 112 has great potential!
  • If the Day does not require an AK then it is Good.
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2018, 03:20:16 PM »

Green... Did you pay attention to any of the OOC stuff in the previous SW RP areas?

All the discussions about Disney and Old EU canon? All of the canon issues you mentioned were answered there, in conversations you were a part of.

As for the Movie, Honestly, I am not impressed at all with it. I few Key Rewrites I would do are here. Not in any order by the way. And this is in an attempt to keep the story as similar as to how it was as possible.

So those would be my rewrites I know its not perfect and I know I am just playing the angry fan which is why I decided not to rewrite the whole thing, but I thought it best to just do bits, but keep as much as the story as possible.

humonjello

• Staff Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • humonjello Thumb turning green.humonjello Thumb turning green.
  • The best kind of jello
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2018, 02:11:52 AM »

IIRC, Disney threw out all of the expanded universe when they bought the rights. I'm fine with that because I never read anything from the EU, so now that it's non-canon, I don't have to care about it, hehehe

Although these movies aren't inspiring any confidence in the future of the Disney brand. I think I'll just drop Star Wars fandom altogether after this.

So anyways, I finally saw the damn movie. I'll start with a look back at my own theories:

And then a discussion of Bowsy's rewrites:

lethal-pageant