Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 262 263 [264] 265 266 267

Author Topic: Role Play OOC  (Read 101986 times)

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 56
  • Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!
  • If the Day does not require an AK then it is Good.
Re: Role Play OOC
« Reply #3945 on: August 10, 2018, 07:14:33 PM »

Just sendSG-1 and 7 off with out twelve. I wont have time to post anything worth while till the 20th.

I can find some BS MOD reason they were delayed.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 249
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #3946 on: August 10, 2018, 07:50:13 PM »

It'd be far easier to just write a 3 or 4 line post saying they were in the Gate Room and ready to leave. Then when we send the teams through we just say 12 is there with them. It'll save a LOT of work later. @Bowsy 112
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!
« Reply #3947 on: September 28, 2018, 06:13:15 PM »

the SG-1/7/12 mission seams to have stalled...

I am sure everybody is aware but nobody had said anything yet.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 84
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #3948 on: September 28, 2018, 06:38:13 PM »

I think in the main we are waiting for Cipher perhaps?

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 74
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
« Reply #3949 on: September 28, 2018, 07:07:39 PM »

Uh, I was waiting on Blue...

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #3950 on: September 28, 2018, 08:01:38 PM »

easy fix Blue you been tagged @Bluebell722 :D
Far Dareis Mai

Khnum

• Major
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • Khnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has Ascended
« Reply #3951 on: October 02, 2018, 07:52:19 AM »

Sorry for the absence but I had a few snags too :D

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #3952 on: October 10, 2018, 04:26:27 PM »

This is a generalised question relating to beaming. Do human subjects need to be tagged with a locator to be beamed up to one of our ships? If for example a ground team has indicated persons they need to have out of the way and the ship in orbit can see them whether by their high resolution cameras or infra red dots, can they be beamed to the ship?

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #3953 on: October 10, 2018, 04:55:54 PM »

I dont think they need to be tagged, but it makes it easier.

It depends how clear you can be with who you want to beam up I think. I mean, in the episode where the Odyssey was in a minefield and Vala beamed out the LA commander, he wasnt tagged, and they were saying they didnt know if they were beaming out the correct person.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #3954 on: October 10, 2018, 05:05:36 PM »

Yes thank you, that was the answer I was looking for. In the situation we have presently it will be quite easy to identify those we wish taken.

Veteran52

• Staff Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Veteran52 is working their way up.Veteran52 is working their way up.Veteran52 is working their way up.
« Reply #3955 on: October 11, 2018, 02:53:27 PM »

Just a brief comment:
I believe that in most Star Trek scenarios, the beaming of idividuals was made easier by locking on to their communication devices.  The 'delta shield' comms badges could also be used on objects to facilitate beaming!  And Data saved Picard by simply placing his badge on him, when Picard was captured by the Romulans.. Mark

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #3956 on: October 11, 2018, 03:08:25 PM »

While in general having a personal locator helps, as we have seen in the show it isn't entirely necessary. A ship can lock on to 'life signs' as detected from their instruments, or a team on the ground can indicate people or objects to be beamed.
Far Dareis Mai

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 51
  • NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.
« Reply #3957 on: October 11, 2018, 03:46:47 PM »

Then again, in  s4ep9, "Millers Crossing", Didn't Sheppard tag Henry Wallace before they were beamed up to the Daedalus?
Not at home, so can't really check that particular scene myself...

Since I don't know the exact situation Maz' char is in, it's hard to give a straight answer.

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #3958 on: October 11, 2018, 04:07:48 PM »

Again tagging is easier. But its more to do with identifying who you want to beam, not that it is actully needed to beam.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #3959 on: October 11, 2018, 04:38:30 PM »

Thank you all for your input. As we have discovered from review of the show, although tagging a person or object makes it much easier, it isn't entirely necessary.

The circumstance I am referring to in this instance is where Colonel Reynolds and SG-9 is currently located in Columbia with his thoughts being along the lines of having some potential enemy combatants beamed away before a firefight is undertaken.
Pages: 1 ... 262 263 [264] 265 266 267