Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Pentagon Annex IOA HQ  (Read 4840 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 337
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Re: Pentagon Annex IOA HQ
« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2018, 04:25:22 PM »

Hank looked at the opaque glass of his door, he could see his wife Kim and he knew he couldn't keep her any longer. After only getting remarried just a year earlier, things were still a balancing act with him to keep her happy. Damn work, that was always the issue but at least now she understood the gravity of things. "Keep me posted Ian, you've got my cell number...and Jack! I will. Wish you were here. First getting married again anniversary." Then he hung up, picked up his keys and was out the door. The lights went out.

Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2019, 06:33:14 AM »

While going about the process of making a late night hot chocolate for his ex wife after their fabulous date, Hank just happened to glance up at the TV screen when Kim turned it on. She sat there silent, transfixed to the images and audio assaulting her senses. It was a live BBC news flash, coming via the NBC.

“This is Roslyn Fogarty reporting on scene a few miles north of Kyoto Japan. Just forty minutes ago as the delegates for the Pacific Defense Partners Conference was getting under way at that ancient Buddhist complex you see on the hills behind me, a terrorist group calling themselves the New Dawn attacked with such brutal force and swiftness the security contingent for the conference was completely overwhelmed.” The woman turned around with the camera following her, it showed morgue vehicles moving away. “So far the local Police commander has told me at least twelve guards have been killed and two domestic staff. We know little of their group for now other than their demands. They are claiming all thirty seven members of the conference and their staff are alive and well and they will be freed when two billion dollars is paid into a Swiss Bank account and that all US and British forces are to leave the Caribbean area immediately. The deadline is tomorrow morning at seven AM US eastern time. Back to the studio.”

Hank began to sweat heavily, for he more than anyone knew that the PDPC was not much more than a cover up for the Stargate Alliance partners and some of their heavyweights were there. With Ba’al having resurfaced he knew in the back of his mind who was making this happen. “Kim, I need to call Ian immediately, while I am doing that can you see if Carolyn is up, we’ll need to talk to her.” He selected Ian’s number and let it ring.

All Kim could do was nod absently, she was taken aback totally. With shaking hands she used her own phone to call their daughter, it went to her voicemail so she left a message for her to call back as soon as she could.

Cipherhornet18

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 115
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2019, 03:30:35 AM »

*Phone, After Redial*

"Hank. I'm sorry I had to do that, I was in the middle of a briefing, we've got a lot of bad news around here but some good also came in. I take it the Russians are ruining your dinner plans?"

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2019, 02:38:03 PM »

"I understand Ian and not I wish it was buddy. Turn on your TV and you'll see. I'll hang on for as long as it takes." Hank said solemnly.

Cipherhornet18

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2019, 02:28:25 AM »

*Phone*

"...this can't be a coincidence. Not at the tactical or strategic level. Hank, this has got to be the work of Ba'al, he's sending us a message. Normally, I'd say let the Japanese deal with this, they've got good shooters in SAT and Self-Defense Forces, but we're gonna have to handle this ourselves. I'll pass this to Ben MacGregor to handle."

"Hank, we're gonna have a royal mess soon. A Russian agent was the cause of the leak, she's admitted to doing it intentionally because she believes the Trust are back in the game and may have throw in Moscow now. I had a team bail her out, and she came back with one of Ba'al's lieutenants in her head too. The lieutenant has flipped on our boy, guess she's got a family vendetta and he lied to her for about 200 years."

"I'm fully expecting Moscow to raise absolute hell over this, she broke a lot of rules and the IOA likely will throw her to the wolves when they find out she exposed the Program to a journalist. The problem is that we need whats in her head, both the intel she has and the intel this Adrestia has, because according to them, we've got a lot of high level people and organizations working for Ba'al. And according to Adrestia, the Tok'ra won't vouch for her, there's some bad blood between them. If you want my suggestion, its that I send them to you, find someone who we can trust over there who has enough weight to keep her out of a cell or some black site...and be ready to make some sort of compromise."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #50 on: April 03, 2019, 11:02:44 AM »

While his wife sat transfixed to the screen as the news was played repeatedly on several channels with of course several points of view. Hank glanced back at the screen, bunched his eyebrows and carried on. "Damned big message Ian. I had a feeling something might happen all too quickly once we found out he was here. By all means put MacGregor on it but make sure he and whatever teams go out there that they are to make no mistake we will not negotiate with terrorists and that include Ba'al. Get it done and as fast as they can, we do not want any possible leaks and I'll find a way to get the press further away. I'm sure my Japanese friend here at the IOA can cook something up and I will speak to him directly, no doubt he's watching this as well."

The next bit he really didn't need to hear among everything else they were dealing with. "You know Ian I am beginning to think you don't like me." He half joked. "Very well then, where is the woman slash symbiote host now? I can stow her in my cabin for a while and have one of our trusted NID agents take care of her in the short term but you know that isn't ideal. Find out what you can and let me know when you're ready to move her. But I will say this, if she turns out as valuable as you claim you might want to consider me telling you in the end to keep her there, stick her on a team or as an advisor. That part I'll leave up to you."
« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 11:06:15 AM by Cipherhornet18 »

Cipherhornet18

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #51 on: April 05, 2019, 02:41:39 AM »

*Phone*

"I know how the game is played, Hank. I'll have Colonel Ellis get us eyes on the area, and we'll get our teams there as fast as we can. Have the Japanese government lock the area down as much as they can, we'll do what we can to make people think they took care of it later. Fewer questions asked if the public thinks their own government forces handled it and didn't call for outside support inexplicably.

"Well, I wish I had more good news there...she, Agent Barrett and Agent Bristow went against Jack's orders and have gone off to rescue one Sabrina Matthews in Monaco. I believe they're on their way back, but the second Jack hears that she left the base, he's going to hit the roof. As such, I've already instructed the SFs to place the lot into house arrest until tomorrow after the IOA council convenes. I hate to say it, Hank, but we're going to have to figure out how to keep her out of Moscow but not cut the Russians out of running an investigation. She broke a lot of rules and she's now playing host to the most unusual Go'auld I've ever heard of, that's a major liability for the SVR. The problem is we don't want them accidentally handing her over to Ba'al, either."

"If anything, it's going to be a problem now because now you can add Jack to the list of who wants a piece out of our golden goose before we get any eggs. Between him, Moscow, the Tok'ra and of course, Ba'al, I'm starting to wonder just how we can protect these two from Ba'al and the Trust if they keep making so many friends. What Barrett and Bristow did was reckless and violates the chain of command, they need to be reminded that they don't get to pull the trigger on ops on a whim. We're going to need to put Miss Mathews into protective custody as well."

"I've got a few recommendations I'll float tomorrow morning at the meeting. We're gonna have to hope we've got enough goodwill and support to override the Russians and still have something left for putting together policy on dealing with Ba'al."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #52 on: April 06, 2019, 11:13:09 AM »

It was late, he was tired and he had his wife with him, former wife yes but they had plans between them to turn back time. He now had a lot more on his plate though than he bargained for, there was a lot to do and a lot of people to talk to in the morning. "Ian, do what you can on your end and let me deal with Moscow, I have some strings I can pull here so whatever happens keep that woman under wraps and out of sight for as long as it takes. As for Bristow and Barrett, we don't have jurisdiction over them even if they are seconded to the SGC, Jack can cool down as they do have license to approach missions as they see fit and the fact that they found Miss Matthews should calm his mind. If we had lost her, well you know what the consequences might have been from our ship building stand point, not to mention the technology she is giving us a hand up in. I tell you what though, when they check in, tell them 'I' am not pleased and I want to see them in my office at the SGC tomorrow at 9 sharp." He thought about things for all of a second. "No one outside of you, me, Jack and a few others are in the loop. Get in touch with Anne MacGregor and have her arrange to take Matthews to our facility in Australia, I'll have some of our best agents there to watch over her and she can still run her operations from there. I'll see you then, enjoy the rest of your night if you can Ian." He gently put the phone down, Kim had fallen asleep and that is exactly what he was going to do.

Cipherhornet18

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #53 on: April 10, 2019, 03:18:37 AM »

"I...Hank, I need to call you back. Or we can talk before the meeting. Bye."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

lethal-pageant
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal