Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: SGC- Briefing Room  (Read 1465 times)

Bluebell722

• Master Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Bluebell722 hides in shadows.
Re: SGC- Briefing Room
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2018, 08:51:53 PM »

Jon said, "You know I'm always in for a spot or two of time travel, sir. What era are we heading to? Do I need to fix me up some more tie dye?" He nodded hello at Cate. "And you know I'm not one to back down from a one-way mission. Been there and t-shirts and other cliches."

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 77
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2018, 04:29:34 PM »

The rounds of introductions went as they do at the SGC, smoothly without fuss. Jack appeared at the right time as usual, as did MacGregor to give them all the revelation they simply didn't want to hear. Not that it wasn't out of left field, quite contrary its what they have been doing for over a decade, facing that uncertainty that comes with the type of work they chose and of course their employer, Stargate Command. Albert wasn't fussed by it, he could see that neither were the others, leaving only getting things underway. He greeted each of the newcomers one by one as they arrived. 

"Doesn't bother me Wing Commander, although I need to ask, did either you or Colonel Carter determine a timeline? How long have we got to do this? As I imagine that sooner or later depending on what this Goa'uld is doing or how far along they are in upsetting things, we'd be on the clock." He looked up at Jack then over at the others. Was there something he was missing in all of this? "I do have another question. According to our history of the Gate the thing was removed by us in 1939 brought here by the Achilles, how did this Goa'uld manage to grab it back?" Because that alone may change many things as they knew it, more than just life itself as the saying goes.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 226
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2018, 11:45:20 PM »

<From Home>>

Before she left home, Sam was met by two SGC SF's, in civilian clothing, there to assure her that everything would be taken care of as expected. A few minutes before her car and driver arrived, Kim with her daughter Sophie came to take care of the babies, giving Sam herself a lot of relief. There were few other than Caroline Lam and Anne MacGregor she trusted with that duty.

On arrival Sam first checked in with Cheryl Brownwell to find out who had answered the call so far, she was handed a list which Sam read quickly then stuffed it into one of her pockets. Making her way up to the Briefing room, she did a very quick check. So far only Flight Lieutenant Hatfield hadn't shown up; knowing the young woman to be reliable she figured she mustn't be far away.

Without ado, Sam took a seat, apologizing for keeping them waiting. She looked up at her husband first. "What do they know so far?" She asked. It was an important question, knowing Jack he could spell it out for her in one sentence.

Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • First Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 64
  • Cipherhornet18 is awe-inspiring!Cipherhornet18 is awe-inspiring!Cipherhornet18 is awe-inspiring!Cipherhornet18 is awe-inspiring!Cipherhornet18 is awe-inspiring!Cipherhornet18 is awe-inspiring!Cipherhornet18 is awe-inspiring!Cipherhornet18 is awe-inspiring!Cipherhornet18 is awe-inspiring!Cipherhornet18 is awe-inspiring!Cipherhornet18 is awe-inspiring!Cipherhornet18 is awe-inspiring!
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2018, 01:12:54 PM »

{Capt. Brian Coffin}
{Astrid Lofquist}

"Considering that this came to us from a Goa'uld, if one who isn't as bent on galactic domination, some of the details are...sketchy. But we're going to be taking a trip to everyone's favorite era, World War Two. As for the gate, Al, it wasn't exactly kept in a safe place in the first place. We found it in an non secure warehouse in New York back in 1969, so it's safe to say, it probably was left in a similar spot." Jack said, "But since we don't know how it was done, much less how to stop it, we're going to probably have to steal it back. Again. But not the DHD, since ol Joe Stalin got his grubby paws on that one and we didn't find out until 10 or so years ago."

Jack then looked to Sam, "Ah, that. That's where we're at. Oh, and that it's possibly a one way trip. But what else is new?"

"I guess I'm Norwegian, then." Astrid commented.

"What?" Jack asked.

"Oh. My apologies, General." Astrid blinked and flushed with embarrassment for a moment, "I'm Swedish, sir. Sweden was neutral during that war, and it was under scrutiny by both sides. I believe Churchill said we were a bunch of amoral profiteers ignoring the bigger picture, in fact. It would be best, as I assume we are going to need to come up with era-appropriate covers and whatnot, that I play the part of a Norwegian, a country aligned with the Allies and under German occupation."

"An excellent point, actually. Most of you in this room can't claim your branch of service then, because the Air Force didn't exist as a separate branch until 1947, and didn't employ any sort of commandos back then. The Marine Corps also did not participate in the ETO, not to any significant degree. I believe it might even be bit of a trick explaining any Australians in Europe at the time. The next point I have, then, is what's the plan? You can't just expect to catch a solar flare and hope the other side of the gate isn't in a heavily defending German bunker." Ian pointed out.

"Yeah....Sam, what's the plan when they get there?" Jack asked, nodding in agreement before turning to Sam.

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 81
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2018, 05:53:24 PM »

Bryan listened to what was being said.  World War II? Hmm that could be interesting.   Just hopefully none of them got killed.  Of course that was something that could happen at any time.   "So it sounds like we are all gonna have to make up new personas, " he commented.

Bluebell722

• Master Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Bluebell722 hides in shadows.
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2018, 06:57:58 PM »

"Probably more than just new personas," Jon said. "Bit of drama class, too. Unless you're sure you can stay on the beam when some chrome dome snaps his cap 'cause you were a jive bomber with his dame. I mean, I wouldn't bust your chops if you could cut a rug, but if you ended up being a drip, I'd probably tell ya to take a powder."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2018, 10:24:32 PM »

"Wow, the old man still has it!" Cate's random thoughts coursed through her mind like water down a stream. She had a lot of those, more lately as almost all of her memories had now returned to her. Some of them weren't pretty either. Her eyes went directly to Reynolds. "As General O'Neill said Colonel, typical wharf side warehouse with possibly no more than two men guarding it. I'd estimate it might have taken them no more than thirty minutes to take it, especially considering they had everything they needed there to move it to a ship." She was trying to picture the whole thing in her mind, very damned bloody easy.

Sam added to the direction they were going as she saw it. "Plus there were very few women serving in critical roles back then, not counting Russia of course. We know that both our OSS and British Intelligence used women extensively, as did both the French and German underground. So we're limited there as to what our girls will be posing as." There was something she needed to ask Cate, that was forestalled when Jon spoke up. Sam stifled a giggle, he'd been doing some study for sure.

"Well there are several possibilities, although I think the best approach will be small groups. We will need someone to go to Allied Intelligence with an identity naturally from one of the many allied intelligence agencies from that time. We know the full extent of the bombing campaigns from that era, right down to times, targets and results. We cannot change history in that respect, but we need to know that wherever our people are, they'll not be direct danger." She had to think for a moment. "Second to that, we'll need someone on the inside of the German resistance, I think Flight Lieutenant Hatfield and possibly Astrid Lofquist could be pointed in that direction. The rest of you will need to start searching for information as to where the Gate is being held now. Our contact was speculative, but given her circumstances in finding this out I don't blame her. We were lucky to receive the information she had in any case."

"Lastly, getting there and of course our reasons for saying this 'might' be a one way mission. Cate." Sam tilted her head in the direction of the Australian.

Cate slipped in her wi-fi to connect with the large screen on the wall. "This is what I have so far. We can streamline it of course, hopefully I mean, but I doubt we'll come up with any new figures. The first thing we naturally thought was simply gating there using an eventful sun spot to send us back in time to 1944 at best. Firstly, we'd have to wait 32 days, far too long as we only have around 18 days to get this done. Secondly the most obvious, we can presume on the other side of the gate is probably half an SS infantry division, we'd last about a minute." She sucked in a big breath as the screen burst into life. Shown was a black hole somewhere out in the galaxy. "This is Pavel 227, a standard black hole in our galaxy that will take 2 hours to get there with a single hyper jump. We will be using a 401 because there are just some things a Puddle Jumper can't do and before any of you ask, no we can't use the Jumper with the time machine on it. Our science department decided to take it apart eight months ago for study, then moved onto other projects. It'd take 4 weeks to put it back together." Cate then used her PC pen to trace a track to and around the black hole. "When we arrive there we will need to set our navigation computer to this track. This black hole rotates anti-clockwise, the reason it was chosen. The 401 will start at the 12 o'clock position proceeding clockwise at exactly point 89 of light speed. After two rotations on the edge of the event horizon we ricochet a new hyper space window back to Earth at exactly 11 degrees. Hopefully..." She looked above as if in prayer."...we'll be back here in 1944."

Sam for once wasn't smiling. The whole thing was fairly grim really. "This is the very reason we said one way. We may not even find the same black hole from that era, things change over decades. Cate has Bill Lee checked your calculations yet?"

"No Sa.. Colonel, I did text him though."
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 11:35:26 PM by Mim »
Far Dareis Mai

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2018, 02:47:10 PM »

< Doctors office, Med bay >

Mike picked up the vibrating cell phone from the desk in front of him. As he read the message, the frown on his forehead deepened and with a sigh he leaned back in the chair. He’d been back on duty for a few months now, having re-qualified for both off world travels as well as the ‘doctoring’ business.
“Elle’s probably gonna kill me if I do this,” he muttered. ‘Then again, what she doesn’t know of won’t hurt her. And it won’t hurt me to go hear them out.’
Grabbing a lab coat to cover his scrubs on his way out of the door, Mike then hurried up towards the briefing room.

He slid down in the chair nearest the door and nodded quietly towards their CO just as Sam started speaking of the bomb raids.
‘WWII Europe. Going back to what my grand parents fled from. Way to go Mike!’

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 77
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2018, 07:19:28 PM »

Relatively speaking it looked reasonably straightforward, other than one or two minor things Albert had on his mind. But first. "Typical General, I wouldn't have expected much less back then." Jack as leader of SG1 would know that better than anyone else.

All things considered those things really might amount to major items of interest should the situation go wrong at any point. "Someone will have to liaise with the Allied High Command both in England and France. We do know that this far into the war being not long after D Day both the Brits and US had probing units deep into enemy territory, if we don't get this right we could end up with a typical mistaken identity scenario with the result no one on either side might hesitate to shoot us on sight." Fingers drummed on the table before he carried on. "As for the getting there, I don't have any physics cred, but that what you propose Wing Commander looks pretty dangerous to me." There was something else on his mind when the sound of another pair of feet grabbed his attention. Albert looked across to his right to see Mike Jaworski take a seat. "When did Catherine get that promotion? Good luck to her anyway." He mused to himself.

"I thought they had buried you safely in the darkest reaches of the medical wing Doc?" He inquired casually thinking of the most recent past.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 01:34:07 AM by Ellen_Ripley »

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2018, 07:45:13 PM »

Bryan silently sighed.  This could definitely be a One way trip.  Bonnie was going to kill him.  He hadn't spoken to her about this, but there hadn't been time.  And oh joy, research.  Of course he wanted to make sure he didn't accidentally mess something up.

Troy

• Second Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Troy is on the verge of being accepted.Troy is on the verge of being accepted.Troy is on the verge of being accepted.Troy is on the verge of being accepted.Troy is on the verge of being accepted.
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2018, 09:05:23 PM »

William listened to the briefing. He easily agreed with the others who didn't have a problem with the mission being a one way trip. As the one Captain pointed out, it was a risk that came with the uniform.

"No complaints from me Ma'am, General."

He made sure to acknowledge General O'Neill's presence in the whole situation.

"We have a saying in my career field.'That others may live.' That holds true just as much here as on the battlefield."

Talk then turned to thier cover stories as they were going back to the 1940's, which consisted of a vastly different geopolitical climate. The Air Force was still under control of the Army, which itself was less specialized than in modern times.

"Another thing to consider is that medical technology of the day, while decent, wasn't near as advanced as what we have now. As for our covers, there's a nice military surplus store in Denver. I'm sure we can get our starting outfits there."

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • First Lieutenant
  • Cipherhornet18 is awe-inspiring!Cipherhornet18 is awe-inspiring!Cipherhornet18 is awe-inspiring!Cipherhornet18 is awe-inspiring!Cipherhornet18 is awe-inspiring!Cipherhornet18 is awe-inspiring!Cipherhornet18 is awe-inspiring!Cipherhornet18 is awe-inspiring!Cipherhornet18 is awe-inspiring!Cipherhornet18 is awe-inspiring!Cipherhornet18 is awe-inspiring!Cipherhornet18 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2018, 12:56:49 AM »

{Capt. Brian Coffin}

{Astrid Lofquist}

Jack wanted so badly to say something to Jon, but the words climbing up his throat would've not been the ones for open company. Instead, he just gave him a slow nod and a knowing look and went to the points being raised by Cate, Sam, and Al.

"D-Day...yeah, is there any way we can get a fix on when you guys will show up, even just a ballpark figure? Because that's not what's on my mind as being a possible problem. Especially where the Gate is concerned, if you know, it's guarded by a boatload of SS guys." Jack said.

"What is it, then?" Ian asked, leaning forward.

"Ever hear of a guy named Stauffenberg?" Jack asked.

"Valkyrie...I mean, the July 20 Plot. Where the German High Command tried to off Hitler and failed." Brian said. Jack snapped his fingers once before he pointed at him and nodded.

"Bingo. Before they pull it off, we'll have plenty of people to contact in Germany. Afterwards, you're going to find them a lot more paranoid and that's bad news." Jack said.

"We need to start pulling records then, start finding people we can somehow trust with this. The gate was in the United States by 1945, there has to be something to show how it was returned. It might not give us all of the answers, but it might give us something to work from." Astrid suggested.

"Didn't Mitchell say he had a relative who was on the Achilles?" Jack asked.

"Even if he did, we won't be able to ask. SG-1 is currently on another mission, under radio silence. If they break it for whatever reason, we'll ask then, but I'm not blowing their op and putting their lives at risk to ask Colonel Mitchell about his family tree." Ian replied.

"Right. Okay, we need to get a move on, folks. Break into groups, either you're helping Sam with getting you all there, helping the lady with the bird pin here find any clues in the archives, helping Reynolds with the cover IDs, or getting gear with the CROs." Jack said. "Because time is something we're not in good supply of anymore."

"On that. Colonel, Wing Commander, is it possible, since anything we find at the surplus stores will likely be severely aged, to instead use Asgard tech to come up with what we need in the gear department? I feel like that might be able to come up with equipment that will look more authentic, since someone might notice your gear looking like it's 70 years old instead of just off the line." Ian added.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2018, 08:16:06 PM »

Cate looked up from her laptop when she heard Reynolds speak, she saw Mike trying his hardest to be inconspicuous as possible. Fail. "Mike." That was all she needed to say at this point, at the same time looking for that invisible leash she thought Elle had on him. "As near as the best science we've got can predict General it'll be July 2nd 1944. The following day the allies are entrenched in what they called the 'hedgerow war'. Outside of that if my math is correct, a day either side."

Cate looked over at the Admiral, she knew the answer but felt it was best Sam gave the assessment. "Colonel Carter, you're more up to speed on the Asgard core."

"No, we can't get help from Cam, but we do have some archival records on his family at least." Sam knew as much as Jack on this matter, but that didn't help. "Some of you will have to pose as civilians, Cate sadly you're the only one who can go after Tefnut, so we'll need at least one volunteer to assist her." Sam's eyes deliberately beamed in on Jon here, she knew he was the one she might have chosen if it were her. "Thanks Cate. Yes for your clothing and ID's, we can make anything on the Odyssey, even match the cloth used at the time, makers labels and so on. Shoes and the clothing of course shouldn't look brand new, so we can futz with the end product a little to get a result. Lieutenant Troy that store might still come in handy, we could send you and another volunteer to buy a few items so at least we do get our own gear correct. Photos are not always the most reliable." The whole thing was starting to resemble scenes from the Great Escape, hopefully this mission will be more successful than theirs.

"Me? Why me?" Cate asked, knowing the answer before Sam could tell her.

"Because Cate you're the only one in this room apart from me who can use Goa'uld technology that requires Naquada and the only one who can pass for a Goa'uld. Bill Lee and I have developed a voice modifier that can't be detected and some lovely contact lenses that can glow on command."

"Oh nice, yeah well..."
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 02:10:37 AM by Mim »
Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2018, 09:26:31 AM »

Hmm, there was certainly a lot of ideas flying around. "I will gladly go wherever I am needed most," he offered. "Even if I have to pose as a lowly civilian," he grinned.  Bryan really was up for anything.  he had grown up on the streets after all, so he was used to having to fit in and not get the snot kicked out of you.

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • First Lieutenant
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2018, 02:37:21 AM »

"So, that'll give you guys just shy of three weeks to get it done. After that bomb goes off, the Germans are going to go into super serious lockdown and the majority of the guys and gals who might be inclined to help you will end up on the wrong end of a firing squad." Jack pointed out.

"If the Goa'uld pick up on the July 20 plot, they might be able to leverage that to purge anyone who opposes them in Germany and to get the ones they want to keep around more wrapped around their finger. And before any of you get any ideas, this is deadly serious. You cannot interfere with events as they are supposed to happen. That means no one's living out their fantasies and popping Hitler or saving anyone who is supposed to die. We've all seen or read enough sci-fi to know that won't end well. You are there purely for damage control, not re-writing history like the Goa'uld are." Ian added.

"Alright, again, losing time. Science folks, head with Sam and MacGreggor to the labs. Bill should be there by now. Archives folks, you're going to start with what we have here, I'll have the rest sent over from where ever we have it. Jackson, give them a hand, you knew Doctor Langford the best and you might know where she's hidden clues if she was involved." Jack said, "Reynolds, you and your team can hang out here, I'll have Cheryl send you everyone's file so that you guys can put together a proper set of covers."

"I'll head up with the team to the Odyssey to get equipment ready. Lieutenant Troy, you and your volunteer get us some examples, I'll have someone cut you some funds so you're not doing this out of pocket. Once we have all of that done, Lieutenant Nealson can help with getting you all acting properly." Ian said.

"Sir, given we've got about eight or nine hours before any store is going to open, we should use the time on the Odyssey to figure out what we need to pick up, but I'll go with him once somewhere is open." Brian offered.

"Good call, Captain. Alright, does anyone have anything else? Otherwise, I think we need to get this show on the road." Ian replied.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5