Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: SGC- Briefing Room  (Read 1914 times)

Bluebell722

• Senior Master Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Bluebell722 hides in shadows.
Re: SGC- Briefing Room
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2018, 10:14:35 PM »

Jon glanced at Walker. He didn't know the guy well.

To his team leader he said, "It is hard to keep a straight face, but - I know I'll age much more gracefully. Taking better care of myself this time around." Louder, he said to the Old Guy, "Would you like me to find you a laptop, sir?"

He had to keep up appearances, after all.

Troy

• Second Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Troy is a rising star!Troy is a rising star!Troy is a rising star!Troy is a rising star!Troy is a rising star!Troy is a rising star!
« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2018, 06:34:46 PM »

"1940's fashion for Germany and Eastern Europe. Will do Ma'am I'll grab a laptop and set up shop in the chow hall. Shouldn't be too crowded in the middle of the night, and will provide easy access to coffee. I'll let you know when I have something of substance."

William would have preferred to carry out the mission in Allied territory, but understood why the plans had changed.

<William to Mess Hall>

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2018, 06:30:34 PM »

"Hold it, Lieutenant. You can do your research on the Odyssey with us, we get decent wi-fi up there. Skimming Google is all and well but we need to make sure the Asgard Core is going to make it right." Ian said. As soon as they were ready, he sent the signal to beam him, Coffin and Troy up.

Jack was already opening the cabinet to pull out a couple more laptops as Ian sorted out getting everyone else where they needed to be. As he handed one to Jon, he gave Al a glare that just sort of screamed "REALLY?!" for timing the question before everyone who didn't know left. Likely no one else heard him, but that didn't stop Jack either way.

"You keep it up, Chuckles, you'll end up aging like milk." Jack commented to Jon with a shake of the head. He sat down and opened up his laptop.

"Well, here's hoping that the history teachers got it right, because if they didn't place everyone right, we might just invent a UFO story." Jack said.

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 59
  • DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!
  • I already lost one captain. I won't lose another
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2018, 10:31:50 PM »

Daniel nodded at Sam's response but said nothing as Reynolds took his ear. He turned to listen to him.

"Doctor Jackson I see here on my files there was a Ian Jackson listed as missing right about the time we're talking about, a civilian US citizen who somehow was supposed to be in neutral Sweden doing research on European languages, there was no trace of him ever found. Might be something you can work on perhaps."

"Yes, I could work on that one. Hmm." He pondered a bit on how he could become that character. It was back to researching. He was looking forward to it.
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 51
  • NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.
« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2018, 03:09:37 PM »

With a shrug, and a longing for a serious caffeine refill, Mike grabbed one of the off the shelf lap tops and booted it up.
“I doubt we’d be that far off the grid to contract it though, but then on the other hand, with all the refugees…” his voice trailed off, hoping by God they never had to face a disease like that. Ever. The pictures in Med school had been rather vivid to say the least.
He slid his IDcard in to the reader on the side of the computer, entered his code and started to sift through the medical files of the members, making notes on a note pad the old fashioned way. He doubted he’d be allowed to bring even the smallest Ipad once they left the Odessey.
It was all in a version of short hand he’d picked up and modified over the years in college and forwards and would mean absolutely nothing to the rest of the team members, so he wasn’t really afraid to break any patient-doctor confidentiality.
Leaning back for a few minutes, he absentmindedly massaged his left hand, it really wasn’t used to doing this by hand for longer periods of time anymore and as he did, he read the notes from the start, double checking it, to make sure he’d gotten it all right if bad came to worse. Hopefully, by the time they arrived on the other side of that black hole or what ever it was Cate was up to, he’d memorized most of this, but still… Grabbing the pen with his other hand, he continued making notes, more or less oblivious of the others in the room.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 84
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2018, 07:14:53 PM »

Albert arched his eyebrow at both O'Neill's, yes he thought knowing that from that experience eight years ago the kid was damned lucky SG1 forced Loki's hand in getting him to neutralize the advanced ageing factor that threatened to doom the clone. "Ahem." Clearing his throat he knew he was dancing around what could still be a potentially dangerous topic even within the SGC.

Back to work then, Al watched as the Admiral and the others disappeared, shielding his eyes momentarily. In that action his other hand accidentally moved the mouse into scroll, when he did look at the screen his face beamed. "Mike keep working but you may want to see this." He swiveled his laptop around to show the old records he had discovered. There on a very tatty looking ID card image from the era was a man who almost pass for Jaworski's doppleganger. "Do you speak any Polish at all? This guy, Aleksander Młynarski was reported missing in 1943 working as a liaison officer with the Brits. Apparently he may have been a double agent but there is no records of him either on the Nazi side other than a brief mention here with the German Intelligence watch list. Could be one for you." He kept working turning the laptop back to face him. "Nealson, what was that you were saying about a relative?" He glanced up at Daniel, strangely wordless for him. "Do that Doctor." From there on he began working on his own identity.

@Cipherhornet18 @DanielRyder
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 12:41:45 AM by Ellen_Ripley »

Bluebell722

• Senior Master Sergeant
« Reply #51 on: May 01, 2018, 10:15:07 PM »

Jon cleared his throat, spoke loud enough for Jaworski to hear. "My great-grandfather, on my mother's side. One Patrick O'Neill. Served in the Army, 45th Infantry Division, as a machine gunner. He landed in Sicily and marched all the way to Germany. Crossed the Rhine in the winter, liberated Dachau. My grandma always said I was a dead ringer for him."

He glanced at the Old Guy.

Their father had gone through hell and back, about lost his head when they'd made it into the Academy.

Jon turned his laptop around, showed his CO his father's SRB. Jon was the spitting image of the man in the black-and-white photograph.

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 51
  • NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.
« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2018, 04:35:31 PM »

Mike leaned forwards across the table to have a closer look at the picture. “Wow! If I let my hair grow another inch, then absolutely. I’ll have a closer look at that guy as soon as I’m done with the medical research,” he said after looking at it for a few seconds, then continued. “My polish? Well, my grandparents never were any good in English and I spent a lot of time at their place when I was a kid so…”
Leaning back, images of him hurrying across town at late hours to get away from home and towards the relative safety flashing by for a second. “even if I’m a bit rusty nowadays, it’s still there. It’s not exactly like a native, more like a hard to place dialect or accent.
Looking back at Jon, he grinned at a thought, “Maybe even our ancestors crossed paths – your heading towards the north, mine towards west at approximately the same time. Who knows? Sometimes the world’s a lot smaller than we think.”

Bluebell722

• Senior Master Sergeant
« Reply #53 on: May 03, 2018, 10:09:08 PM »

Jon nodded at Jaworski. "Well, we are at the SGC. This planet is very small, and this universe is very, very big. Bigger, if we can hop around to different times in it. No one's ever really passed down stories about great grandpa being especially friendly with any Polish fighters, but we'll make something work. We always do."

Jon scanned his father's SRB. He'd never really thought to dig it up before, to look at the details of the man's service. He'd been assigned to a certain boat to cross the Rhine, but it had been too crowded, so he'd been sent to another one. Only his and one other boat survived the crossing, the other nine shelled and sunk.

There was a lot of luck of the Irish in the O'Neill line, no lies.

Jon glanced at the Old Guy again. He could only guess at what was going through the man's head. They really weren't the same person anymore.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #54 on: May 06, 2018, 08:29:43 PM »

"Mike that should be enough, we know pretty damned well that the Germans of that era were vastly opposed to speaking almost nothing but their own tongue, unless we come across someone who does actually speak Polish where we're going I doubt we'd be in trouble." One down he thought, quite a few more to go before they were even near ready.

Albert couldn't quite get a bead on his own ID for now, so he carried on with the others. Nealson first. "Do you know what your great grandad's status was in and around the date we're looking at? To be precise July second. It would be a disaster if we met face to face with him, though I know it is stretching it just a bit." Even as he spoke, having set his own laptop on search a myriad of faces and identities were popping up. He looked up at Jack. "General I was just thinking a moment ago, have we even thought of plan B at any stage? As we know from experience, things don't always go as planned do they?"

@NG @Cipherhornet18 @Bluebell722

Bluebell722

• Senior Master Sergeant
« Reply #55 on: May 06, 2018, 09:08:04 PM »

Jon scanned through his father's SRB further. Truth was he'd learned little of his father's service directly, heard it secondhand and in bits and pieces from his old Army buddies when they'd come around to visit and catch up once in a while.

"In July of 1944 he'd have been in Italy, maybe headed for the South of France where the 45th helped with Operation Dragoon. Amphibious assault."

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
« Reply #56 on: May 09, 2018, 11:42:59 PM »

"Al, if its Sam and Cate, they've likely come up with Plans B through Z. Just most of them won't make any sense to anyone but them. But you should know well enough that Sam doesn't leave anything up to chance or luck, because there isn't any science to either of those." Jack said, before looking at Jon, "Don't look at me, I'm not going on this trip. Someone has to hang out here and see if the Goa'uld aren't yanking our chains."

Jack continued to look over the maps, comparing them to known troop positions and orders of battle.

"Most of the fighting is in France and some in Italy, plus everything going on ze Eastern Front." Jack said, emphasizing the last part like Colonel Klink, "So getting into Germany with the ship isn't too big of a problem. Just try not to do it with the 8th Air Force is on their way to bomb another factory, and that shouldn't be a problem. England, well, don't expect a warm reception there either if you get spotted early."

Bluebell722

• Senior Master Sergeant
« Reply #57 on: May 10, 2018, 12:15:34 AM »

Jon said quietly to the Old Guy, "They'd be crazy to send both of us, and one of us is more expendable than the other, and it isn't the one of us who's just become a father."

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #58 on: May 10, 2018, 10:20:39 PM »

"Yes I think everyone is on top of that one Jac, ah, General. I know Sam well enough to know she'd make a two hour sermon on the physics of what makes a watch tick, no offense to your wife of course. I'll add Cate to that demeanor as well, from the little I know of her she is a doppleganger for Sam in the baffle them with science stakes." Granted, Jack was right, if there was any way to give assurances alternative plans were at hand, Sam would be the first to say so.

Then Jack said the magic word, England. That was precisely where 'Andrew Baker' was heading, for all the while the talk continued Al had finished the complete back story for his alias and exactly how he was going to present himself. "Now that you mention it, might be an idea sooner rather than later to get in touch with the Tok'ra and see what their underground boys and girls know, I'm surprised really the warning didn't come from them. Nealson you're right you know that don't you?" The older version had to stay, there was no argument on that.

@Cipherhornet18
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 07:00:49 PM by Ellen_Ripley »

Bluebell722

• Senior Master Sergeant
« Reply #59 on: May 10, 2018, 11:26:25 PM »

Jon looked at Reynolds and said, quietly, ”I’ve known which of us was expendable since the moment I realized I was not the prime model.”

Then he frowned at the mention of the Tok’ra. He hadn’t forgotten that time they’d snaked him, or the time they’d wanted to fridge him. Just because he didn’t like them didn’t mean reaching out to them was a bad idea. Jacob and Selmak had been more than all right in his book.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

lethal-pageant