Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: SGC gate room and control room  (Read 359 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 206
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
SGC gate room and control room
« on: March 28, 2018, 10:09:01 PM »

This room is where the Earth Stargate is being held. It is so called the Embarkation Room, for the purpose of SG teams who embark on missions to other planets. However, it also serves as the Disembarkation Room for SG teams to arrive back to Earth after returning from various missions.

The room contains two spinning klaxons, one next to each exit door; additionally, two vibrating klaxons exist on either side of the Stargate. One stationary klaxon exists in the control room, above the gate technician's head, and stationary klaxons are found throughout the rest of the base.

In addition, at the top of the stairs off to the right, is the gate control room, also known as the Stargate Operations room. It also houses the Dialing computer which enables the Stargate to be dialed. It also has a window allowing all present in the Operations room a view of the Embarkation room, and has controls for the Iris as well as a star map.

Numerous personnel including those associated with the United States military and civilians are often seen in the room while SFs are seen there too, presumably ready to jump into action at the first sign of trouble.

Chief Master Sergeant Walter Harriman and 2nd Lieutenant Cheryl Brownwell are the designated duty gate technicians.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 10:36:37 PM by Mim »
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
Re: SGC gate room and control room
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2018, 11:06:27 PM »

Cheryl straightened her uniform, 'the' General was on his way down and she wasn't about to let Jack see her in any way unbecoming of an officer. Besides with Walter gone off shift she was now the face of the SGC, plus Jack could very well ring her father General Brownwell and tell him 'Frank your kid is a slob' or something to that effect.

She stood when the Alpha site team gated in, looking through the window. "Welcome home SG-7."
Far Dareis Mai

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • First Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2018, 11:14:30 PM »

{Capt. Brian Coffin}
{Astrid Lofquist}

Brian and Astrid stepped onto the ramp, but the rest of SG-7 was not with them. The reason, more or less, came down to that the team had been rotated out to training duties. And for reasons that Brian still wasn't getting, his teammates had insisted that Brian go with Astrid to help train the current batch of recruits with SG:X while Nikolai, Denis and Stan stayed behind on advisory duties with the locals.

Brian was clad in his Air Force ABUs, his maroon beret sticking out of one of his pant pockets, while Astrid was in SGC OD fatigues, but with her Eagle badge pinned to the right collar. Both had rucksacks over their shoulders.

"Ah, just us. The rest of my team is still back at the Alpha Site." Brian said. Astrid just smiled.

Just as they made it down the ramp and the gate shut, Jack made it to the control room.

"Excuse me, Lieutenant." Jack said and grabbed the intercom, "I need both of you to the briefing room on the double."

Brian and Astrid just looked at each other with confused expressions for a moment, before nodding and making their way there.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2018, 08:19:39 PM »

"General Sir!" Cheryl stood smartly, then looked at her screen. A text message came through from Sam Carter.

'Cheryl, I need you to send out a mass text message to all SG personnel. We require volunteers for a possible one way mission to the past. General O'Neill will explain.'

She looked up at him with a question on her face pointing to the screen. "Um..General?"
Far Dareis Mai

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • First Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2018, 05:44:08 PM »

"The Goa'uld are up to something that might be...bad. Time travel bad. Just go ahead and send the text and send whoever answers to the briefing room. ASAP." Jack said while the two new arrivals headed up to the briefing room. Jack turned and followed them up the stairs.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2018, 01:06:36 AM »

"Yessir."
She was now officially frightened. Cheryl having access to all files of the SGC and she had over her short time on the base put her time to good use reading as much as she could manage to do so, knew that this message was meant to put fear into the heart of Earth (if the world at large was aware of course), that in turn placed the burden fair and squarely in the hands of all those brave souls who were a part of the Stargate program. The very second Jack was out of sight she got to work with her mass text messages going out as fast as the base main frame could handle them. She added at the end that all responding personnel were to report to briefing room the moment they arrived at the base, or in the case of those already on the base, immediately.
Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2018, 04:48:16 PM »

Bryan's phone dinged as he was headed to get something to eat.  At the tecxt he raised a brow.  A mission to the past?  That sounded interesting.  Food forgotten he headed for the control room and then the briedfing room.  He wondered just who else would jump at this.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2018, 04:54:01 PM »

<<All going back in time, assemble on the Odyssey tagged <Odyssey Briefing Room>. It will be thirteen hours after the present time >>
Far Dareis Mai