Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: USS Odyssey  (Read 282 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 186
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
USS Odyssey
« on: April 26, 2018, 01:06:03 AM »

The Odyssey is commanded by Colonel Abe Ellis, Executive Officer is Major Katherine Womack. The ship is currently tasked with Earth protection and patrol.

(Please tag your location)
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Second Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Cipherhornet18 is a force to reckon with.Cipherhornet18 is a force to reckon with.Cipherhornet18 is a force to reckon with.Cipherhornet18 is a force to reckon with.Cipherhornet18 is a force to reckon with.Cipherhornet18 is a force to reckon with.Cipherhornet18 is a force to reckon with.Cipherhornet18 is a force to reckon with.
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
Re: USS Odyssey
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2018, 06:35:23 PM »

<USS Odyssey - Asgard Core Control Room>

Once they were there, Ian and Brian both had to take a moment to look at the Asgard Core itself. There was something just about seeing honest-to-god alien tech, especially tech that was meshed with equipment familiar(-ish) to them. There was also certainly a reverence that came with it, the Core was the remnant of the long since gone Asgard, entrusted to humanity in their final hours during the twilight of the Ori War. It was certainly a unique memorial in its own way.

"Alright, gentlemen, do either of you know how to use this thing?" McRaven asked. Brian shook his head.

"Negative, sir." Brian replied.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2018, 01:24:47 AM »

"Can I help?" A familiar voice came from somewhere behind the large machine, then the reddish brown head popped up, a smudge of grease across her nose. "I'm Doctor Novac, Thor here is my boy so to speak."
Far Dareis Mai

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2018, 09:31:25 PM »

*Radio*

"Admiral McRaven its Sam Carter. We've just been going over the computer modeling and the data we've received from NASA. Our black hole will move slightly in 20 hours, not giving us enough time to reconfigure our mission profile. That means we have a little over 3 hours to complete everything here before the team leaves. I've doubled checked the figures, they are correct."
Far Dareis Mai

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Second Lieutenant
  • Cipherhornet18 is a force to reckon with.Cipherhornet18 is a force to reckon with.Cipherhornet18 is a force to reckon with.Cipherhornet18 is a force to reckon with.Cipherhornet18 is a force to reckon with.Cipherhornet18 is a force to reckon with.Cipherhornet18 is a force to reckon with.Cipherhornet18 is a force to reckon with.
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2018, 11:47:57 PM »

"Doctor, yes. Admiral McRaven, this is Captain Coffin and Lieutenant Troy. We do need some help..." Ian trailed off as he got a call and frowned.

"Captain?" Ian turned away to respond to the call.

"Yes, sir. Doctor, we need some help with getting the Asgard Core to reproduce specific items but have to match parameters that will not cause them to be out of the ordinary. For reasons I can't get into, we're going to need replications of World War Two era clothes and equipment but that do not appear to be out of place from the era, so proper materials, wear and tear, that sort of thing. Can't look like we just got it out of an old surplus store but can't look like it didn't get made in the era." Brian explained.

"Understood, Colonel. I frankly would prefer if the timetable didn't keep moving on us like this, we've gone from three weeks to a few days to now a couple of hours. Is that even at all possible to make the modifications to the -401 and get the prep work done? And have you informed the other teams?" Ian asked.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2018, 02:00:30 AM »

*Radio*

"Admiral sorry to keep you waiting. We do have an option if you're agreeable to it. You recall that half depleted ZPM we found recently? Cate and I have determined that if we fit that to the Oddyssey we can gain four hours traveling time outbound, more or less using that as a transport for the 401. That four hours can be used to finish up anything we need to do that we don't have time for here, and no sir I wanted to speak to you before informing them. Catherine said she can have the 401 ready for deployment in thirty minutes."
Far Dareis Mai

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2018, 02:47:03 AM »

"Busy no?" Lindsey hadn't seen such activity in her neck of the woods for quite some time, most people were pretty much 'meh' about the core these days with it having been used to make everything from a cello to a Mars Bar. "Well I am sure we can do that Captain, I mean we've fairly much done most things imaginable in the three almost four years we've had Thor with us." She inclined her head in that direction. "Can you give me about 5 minutes and see what I can come up with, we can start with something basic such as shoes, but I'd need to upload a data base of the era first. Won't be long." She sauntered out to another room, you could quite easily hear her tapping away on a computer keyboard. A few moments she returned, plugged a USB into the side of the large machine before speaking to such an inanimate object. "Thor, US serviceman's boots, any size circa 1940's, they need to look used can we do that?" There was a slight shifting of the air in front of her when the little man appeared, his quasi electronic voice sharp.

"Of course Doctor Novak, that is an easy task for me to accomplish, though may I ask why you would want such a thing?"

"Erm, ah, no. Well not really no, its merely for an exercise we need to carry out before we get into deeper things." Not much of an explanation but good enough.

"Very well, observe." A slight hum, a minute later a pair of brown boots, size 9 appeared on a stool nearby. They did looked used, Lindsey peered into them, even the labels inside were authentic, the sole underneath had some where as if they had been worn for about a month or so.

"Captain, how is that?" She asked looking pleased with the outcome.
Far Dareis Mai

Troy

• Chief Master Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • Troy might someday be a gardener.Troy might someday be a gardener.Troy might someday be a gardener.Troy might someday be a gardener.
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2018, 09:16:15 PM »

William made his way to the computer core, where several others seemed to be gathering. He wasn't surprised the timetable had been accelerated. While this was a fairly unique mission, it was still a military mission. Quite often the original timetable was changed for various reasons.

In this case, it wasn't a change in weather or predicted enemy movement, it had something to do with their method of time travel. He didn't understand the science behind it, but wasn't about to question those who did.

He had never used the computer system aboard one of the ships, other than basic medical procedures. Thanfully a Dr Novak appeared and showed the group how the core worked.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2018, 09:46:53 PM »

*13 hours later*

To say it had been hectic didn't cut the mustard really, people were stressed, tempers flared, anxiety set in, yet in the end as they reached the deadline all that had to be done was completed quite amazingly considering everything that was required to pull this off.
Among some of the most difficult tasks that had to be completed without mistakes were the new identities, it had to be ensured that each member’s new personality was not only correct for the time and accurate; they had to make sure without question there was no possible way the person they were assuming was either still alive, easily traceable or anywhere even remotely accessible by any means of communication at the time. That had to be the hardest thing to achieve, getting it perfect was the only factor to be focused on, and mistakes would inevitably cost lives. In the end with less than an hour to commitment, they were still fine tuning some of the identities.

Uniforms and or clothing were another issue. That quite amazingly had gone off without a hitch with the Asgard core, Thor’s machine with Doctor Novak supervising managed to produce items that no one could fault. Shoes for example were period correct even down to the makers labels with the appearance of having been worn, it was the same with the clothing and other accessories; especially the weapons.

Lastly, the assignments. That was second to the identities in difficulty, as no one knew exactly where the Stargate was at the time, so the teams would have to be dispersed within Nazi Germany over many miles of territory. Both General O’Neill and Admiral McRaven though insisting that no one be alone.

<Briefing Room>

If you didn’t know her better you’d be mistaken for thinking Cate had taken leave of her sense completely as she sat there in deep discussion with Robyn Hatfield. You could tell the blond had the upper hand of whatever they were talking about by the distressed and frustrated look on the brunette’s face as if she had been lecturing a wayward teenager on some fact or another with the teenager (Cate) more or less telling the teacher to…well we won’t repeat exactly what Cate might have said. Anyone who is even remotely familiar with her will know it possibly not the thing you’d expect to hear from a senior Air Force officer, but that was Cate. It was her appearance though that could give you cause to do a double take; dressed in the uniform of the Luftwaffe sporting the rank of Oberstleutnant (Lt Colonel) with the ubiquitous Walther PPK on her belt within a brown worn holster.

It was apparent that Cate’s choice of identity might have been the source of irritation for Robyn. “No you can’t Cate, there were no female pilots in the Luftwaffe, damn it there were few female officers for that matter with most chicks back then serving as clerks or radio operators. Why do you always have to go one up on everyone else huh? Look at me, I’m just going in as a lowly secretary looking for her dead family. Simple isn’t it?”

Cate wrinkled her brow, not angrily more amused really. “Bobbie you really need to do some leg work girl as I have done. How the f*** am I going to have any chance getting even within peeing distance of Tefnut if I don’t have some kind of authority. Look, as dodgy as this might look to you I’ve done the research, mid 44 the Nazi’s were desperate, those women who were formerly of the Behelfspersonal were inducted into full time service with a number of women serving as test pilots, Hanna Reitsch being a prime example. This will work.”

“I’m calling it BS Cate. Hanna was already famous, she was a favorite of Goring and Hitler so yeah she got bumped up some. It won’t work believe me.”

A deep sigh came from Cate, she had to convince Robyn from the start as she was more knowledgeable on the matter than almost anyone else on the team, if she had doubts you can bet your last buck she was right. “Look, there were seven female pilots, two of whom were Lieutenant Colonels of the Honorary category; one Kaethe Von Ritter was presumably lost over the Baltic near Gotland two days before we arrive, I’m a dead ringer for her, you said that yourself, with these brown contact lenses not even her mother will know the difference .”

“Your voice is not the same Cate, god it’s taken me almost a day and half just to get the ‘strine’ out of your accent. No one will believe you.” She was more than frustrated, wishing the whole thing could be made much simpler.

“Yes I know. But the thing is, the woman was not well known within Germany, she came there from Brazil in January answering the call so to speak. She spent the first five months testing the 262 with a Squadron that was disbanded immediately after she disappeared. The only person who really knew her was Major General Hans Oberlest and he was killed the same day she went missing. I can do this. Besides what other choices do I have?”

Bobbie sighed again, in a way Cate was right. “Okay, okay. But look, just to be sure can we please get General O’Neill ‘s say so on this. I don’t want it on my conscious that I signed off your identity and then have to be the one to explain to your mother that somehow you were killed during world war two.”

Throwing her hands up, Cate finally agreed on something. “Alright then. Next, who are you again? Just to be sure?”

With perfect German Robyn recited her new ID. “Frau Roberta Hanna, widow, aged twenty nine from Mannheim, formerly secretary to the late Mayor. She…I’m looking for family, most of whom are presumed dead.”

“Good enough. Did you ask Jon Nealson about flying second seat on the way in?” Cate asked curiously, she wasn’t going to be doing that having her hands full running the 401 computer systems.

“I did and he said yes.”

@Cipherhornet18 @Bluebell722 @Ellen_Ripley @sorra @DanielRyder @NG @Troy

Far Dareis Mai

Bluebell722

• Senior Airman
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Bluebell722 hides in shadows.
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2018, 10:24:27 PM »

<Briefing Room>

Jon cleared his throat. "That's right, ma'am. I did say yes."

He knew it was rude to eavesdrop, and he could only begin to imagine MacGregor's frustration at the whole woman pilot issue back in WWII, but he wanted to be as helpful as possible. Going back in time was no joke. He figured he was as ready as he could be - as anyone could be - for this kind of mission. The SGC was full of these kinds of missions. He'd almost missed them.

Almost.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 12:27:05 AM by Bluebell722 »

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Second Lieutenant
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2018, 12:19:33 AM »

<Briefing Room>

Brian made his way down the halls in the standard combat fatigues of the US Army at the time, already used to them by now and almost starting to like them a lot more than the ABUs he had to wear when out of combat.

Astrid was quick to join him, dressed in simple and drab civilian clothes.

"You're going to London, then?" Astrid asked.

"Yeah, I barely know any German, and my Spanish isn't correct by a long shot to pass as a Spanish soldier." Brian replied, adjusting the sling over his shoulder, which was connected to a rather uncommon rifle from the war; an M1941 Johnson rifle.

"I don't understand, what do you mean? And shouldn't you have a Garand or Tommy Gun?" Astrid asked.

"I'm from Arizona, so my Spanish is more correct for Mexico or South America. There are more than a few differences that a native speaker would pick up on. Odds are low, but not enough for my liking. Plus, we can't discount that the Goa'uld haven't snuck anyone into the UK by now. We're gonna need shooters in place just in case they decide to pull a fast one like popping Ike or Churchill." Brian said, "The rifle, well, I'm 1st Lieutenant Nicholas Tyler, 1st Special Service Force. I was rotated back to the UK from Sicily without being told why, Colonel Frederick was none too happy about it. We've been fighting at Anzio a fair bit. First SSF has some different gear than what you normally find out there, and this here rifle saved my butt since we first showed up."

"I see. Well, that all makes sense, I suppose. I wouldn't know, the bulk of what I learned in school was just what happened with Stalin invading Finland and then Hitler invading Norway while Churchill called us cowards for cozying up to both sides. And en svensk tiger." Astrid replied with a shrug.

"What's a tiger got to do with Sweden?" Brian asked.

"Loose lips sink ships, Captain." Jack said from behind as he was walking quite quickly to get to the briefing room.

"...I don't follow." Brian said, confused. Astrid cryptically just smiled as she stepped in after the General. Jack said nothing else as he entered.

"Cate. Hatfield. Ellis just said we're almost at the launch point. Is everything set?" Jack said, and looked around the room, "I hope you all have your roles set, because we're at the now or never point."

"Yes, sir." Brian replied.

"Ready, sir. I just need to know for sure who is going to Germany because we have to ensure the letter Hans Brasche wrote is found by him. If not, we may not have a critical ally. And whoever goes to England has got to find that OSS agent, Matt Baker. He seems to have a very high interest in the Stargate." Astrid said.

"Yeah. We need all the help we can get here." Jack replied.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 64
  • Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2018, 07:13:37 PM »

"Sorry to keep you all." That was the first thing Albert had on his mind the moment his less than shiny Oxford brown shoes stepped into the briefing room. He was wearing the typical grey suit of the forties, wide lapels with the top of a neatly folded white handkerchief poking out from his left breast pocket. Held in his hand was the common Fedora hat worn at the time, his new ID card of Major Andrew Baker formerly of US Army intelligence now serving as a OSS agent was firmly kept within his suit inside pocket. He had yet to draw a weapon, even though Thor had created a perfect S & W model 10 snub nosed revolver for him with the typical police detective type under the suit shoulder holster, Albert was unsure at this point given where he was going as to whether he should even carry the thing.

He guided himself over to the long table taking a seat that placed him as far from MacGregor as he dared without appearing rude. Frankly he found it hard to be around the woman, she was in a word 'annoying'. He saw Coffin nearby, Jack and the Swedish girl he kept on forgetting her name and the small terrier (as he liked to call her) Hatfield. Of course his own XO Nealson was there as expected, with the two of them having become quite close as comrades and friends over the last six months; all very normal considering Al and Jack were buddies from way back. No matter though which way you looked at it, it was still a very bizarre situation. "So Coffin, I've just been informed you're my executive officer on our little mission. Where you informed or is this the first you've heard it said?" He had to earlier tell Jack in no uncertain terms that he would not accept Cate in that role under any circumstances, he'd stay on the Odyssey if that was forced upon him. The woman was insane in his mind. "So briefly have you all got your identities down pat? Any screw ups after this point will doom us all, I cannot be any more clearer on that. Secondly, something the good General pointed out to me a short while ago were the common idioms you young folk use these days. Word of warning, just don't." There were quite a few examples, the first that came to mind was when he heard Hatfield refer to something as 'wicked'. He rolled his eyes at Jack, the two of them were left amused at what some of these 'kids' might be heard saying.

Bluebell722

• Senior Airman
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Bluebell722 hides in shadows.
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2018, 11:38:04 PM »

<Briefing Room>

Jon tucked his hands into his pockets. "Natch, sir. We got this on the nose. Buncha aces, aren't we? If anyone takes a real close gander at us, well, we'll be sure and skip - or talk real fast and make 'em think they're whistling Dixie."
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 02:04:56 AM by Bluebell722 »

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 42
  • Bowsy 112 is a force to reckon with.Bowsy 112 is a force to reckon with.Bowsy 112 is a force to reckon with.Bowsy 112 is a force to reckon with.Bowsy 112 is a force to reckon with.Bowsy 112 is a force to reckon with.Bowsy 112 is a force to reckon with.Bowsy 112 is a force to reckon with.
  • If the Day does not require an AK then it is Good.
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2018, 06:10:33 PM »

Major Fred Rivers

Fred quickly entered the room looking like a bed-ragged soldier of the Second World War. He had been in the UK when the call went out. And with the unofficial approval of Colonel Sanderson and Brigadier Hunt the head of the British Military involvement in the SGC, had snuck away from a meeting with the Prime minister and the heads of the MOD and had managed to organise a site to site beam out to the SGC to collect a few personal effects, Namely a Webly Mk VI revolver and a reproduction of a Second World War era Commando's Beret, though he had a real one from the period he wasn't about to risk it He also wore tattered issue trousers of the time, with a pair of brown leather civilian boots, a dark blue knit jumper and a brown woollen coat over the top, and finally a set or reproduction German Army webbing with a none military issue holster attached to it thanks to some rope. Plus some forged papers. He knew this period of History quite well, how could he not, He was a British Officer, so much of their education was about the first and second world wars.

He had been able to plan his back story pretty easily being at the MOD, all he had to do was pull rank kick a desk worker of their computer and check a few old files. He was to be posing as Captain Harry Savage, a British Army Officer from London, who was a commando, more specifically one of the Commandos that took part and was killed in the St Nazaire Raid in 1942. Though from Fred's understanding his death was only confirmed after the war, that and the fact the man no family left by 1944, plus the fact that Fred looked a little like him, or as close as they could tell from the old Black and White photograph on his file he was a good match. Fred planned to play off that he was a survivor who after the raid had fled through Spain, which is why he carried a dated Mauser Model 1893, also known as the Spanish Mauser. His look matched his role, looking as if he had come home from St Nazaire, the long way round, and it left him the ability to end up anywhere.

He had gotten some brief note about the operation before his rapid beam out to the Odyssey. But he felt it would be best to check in as he nodded to the others and headed over to Cate. As he had been informed she was the unofficial head of this operation.
"Sorry I am late, but we better get this show on the road, the Chief of the General Staff Dosnt know I am here." He said to her. "Where do you need me? Just dont let it be working with the French Resistance." He said with a small smirk as he pulled at a loose thread in the sleeve of his brown coat, admittedly he would need to dirty himself up, his clothes looked the part but he didnt look dirty enouth, but at least he looked tired, staying up late to plan a presentation you should have done 6 weeks before at least gave him this.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2018, 12:37:19 AM »

<Briefing Room>

Both Australian women looked up at the General in unison, the head movement reminiscent of seeing two owls sitting together with both doing exactly the same thing. It was in a word uncanny. "Yes and no sir, Hatfield and I are having an ongoing debate that I believe needs to be cleared away before I even set a toe in Germany. It concerns my identity while we're there, with the Flight Lieutenant under the impression that either I won't be able to pull it off and or the woman I will be impersonating is too well known." Cate wasn't about to ask Robyn for a correction on that, it was as she saw it. "Other than that we are ready to go, I've been doing the last minute updates to the 401 computer with the modelling double checked by Doctor Novak. We've been over it three times now, she even had Thor do the same, all the figures are on the money."

With Cate as usual taking over Robyn could only but roll her eyes, yet the woman was correct. "Here sir." She pushed the printed file of Oberstleutnant Kaethe Von Ritter across the table, complete with the original photos of her from that period, she was as close as someone could get to being a double for Cate, the only major differences being their ages and eye colour. Cate was two years younger.

"You're good Colonel. We were just sorting out last minute details as you've heard." She knew Reynolds was a stickler for getting things correct, for that matter most of those volunteered fell into that category. Cate eyeballed each one of them in turn, there were still a few to show up, the clothing was spot on, she couldn't fault a single thing.

Robyn looked around, she felt guilty at that point for if anyone was prone to use the popular tags of today it was her. She swallowed then let the Colonel know that it wasn't something she was going to do while speaking her parents language. Those expressions of modern speak had never existed for them, today or in the past; they were straight up in every way.

An old friend came in late, Cate managed to give him her typical grin. "Fred. Take a seat man that looks bloody uncomfortable." She said in relation to his outfit, the clothing looked so real, she could imagine it being as itchy as hell. "Best ask Colonel Reynolds as I tend to send people to their worst nightmares if left up to me." She nodded in Al's direction. Coffin had only just picked up the 2ic duty so he wasn't going to be in the loop as yet. It was a relief for Cate in that she was first suggested but knowing Reynolds she didn't want to cause a fuss, so she made sure her name was way down on the list for that duty. Besides she'd have enough to do.

Then she looked Jon boy straight in the eye, then at Bobbie. She was going to play on this big time. As if she didn't know what he was talking about, but the others might not have been as aware. "You what? Oh please Robyn don't tell me you proposed to him, all that marching off to war last minute marriage dealio? Girl and you Nealson, this is 2011, we may be going back to 1944 but we don't have to live it literally." It took everything she had to stop from bursting out laughing.

Bobbie sat there staring, she was speechless, embarrassed and frankly she wanted to kill Cate. Yet the words bubbling around in her head wouldn't reach her mouth.

@Bluebell722
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 12:28:04 AM by Mim »
Far Dareis Mai
Pages: [1] 2