Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Ask the mods  (Read 387 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 218
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Ask the mods
« on: May 14, 2018, 09:38:19 PM »

This thread is for new recruits generally speaking, but of course if you've been here a while and are unsure of something relating to general matters on the board you can post here as well.

Essentially we do have quite a few of you new members who for one reason or another have joined us (which we thank you for) but as yet haven't been able to muster up the courage to post. We have surveyed a few of you to get a feel as to why some of you haven't been active here and the most common answer was "I don't know what to do, or where to post."

So this thread is here to help you. Need direction, just ask and the best place to start somewhere on the site is to introduce yourself, you can do that here. Welcome page

Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

XARXU

• Airman First Class
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • XARXU A new starter.
  • Wheel of Time RPer
Re: Ask the mods
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2018, 07:57:54 AM »

I only have muse, it seems, for Wheel of Time. At least, that's muse that isn't already being tapped. We had a handful of us playing initially, but I think writing gave way to debate and discussion regarding a new direction with the RP, I don't like to be singularly in charge of things, and I haven't heard word about the RP reviving since.

I'm not sure what my question is. Well, maybe I have one lol..

Do we have any plans of branching out into High Fantasy, to possibly even include animated series from Japan? I noticed we have a powerful "Realism SciFi" vibe here, but was thinking maybe we could expand a bit, maybe even make some new forum skins to give the place a more lively and animated (no pun intended) vibe. What we have is great for a low-key (but attractive) forum that has modest aspirations, but perhaps we could go a bit farther and live things up a bit, even as we're considering those Japanese High Fantasy themes?

Please give me your thoughts.

CHARACTER LIST

• | Mazim (Wheel of Time RP)
  --
  --
  --
  --
  --

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2018, 06:19:05 PM »

I would love nothing more than to get the WoT going again, but with now only 3 of us anywhere near interested it simply won't fly. WoT is big, it needs players and even five as we had is not quite enough but passable. I don't know what else I can do, I gave up asking ages ago as I couldn't get any interest from anyone :(

As for the other, I don't know it and tbh, I don't like anime  :lol
Far Dareis Mai

Bluebell722

• Master Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Bluebell722 hides in shadows.
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2018, 10:47:01 PM »

I like anime but there are so many shows to choose from it's hard to get a concentrated group from a single fandom to make an RP work.

I know nothing about WoT unfortunately, but as a general rule I'm game to, well, game.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2018, 10:59:06 PM »

I like anime but there are so many shows to choose from it's hard to get a concentrated group from a single fandom to make an RP work.

I know nothing about WoT unfortunately, but as a general rule I'm game to, well, game.

WoT is friggin awesome, best books since LOTR. 14 of them to be exact and it does make great RPing if you can get the numbers of players
Far Dareis Mai

Veteran52

• Senior Airman
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • Veteran52 Thumb turning green.Veteran52 Thumb turning green.
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2018, 04:53:42 PM »

"Until recently, I have not been active in RP.  Im curious about WoT is?  But, I am quite hapy and content in playing in the 2 RP's that are Stargate-related!  Just a thought

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2018, 05:05:40 PM »

WoT is an acronym for Wheel of Time, a series of 14 books originally by Robert Jordan with the last 3 books written by Brandon Sanderson. Its an epic fantasy.

You can read the full synopsis here

https://www.tor.com/2014/06/02/the-wheel-of-time-hugo-refresher/

Far Dareis Mai