Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Fallout Role Play  (Read 1195 times)

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 56
  • Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!
  • If the Day does not require an AK then it is Good.
Re: Fallout Role Play
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2018, 05:02:46 PM »

Just an update promise.

I am working on this sorry, I have been busy.

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2018, 06:46:47 PM »

Are people still interested in this? I got a lot of work for it done off site, but I had a few distractions that stopped me finishing it.

Again. If you are interested in this please give a solid answer. Ive started a few RPs that had like 6 people say they were interested, but when it started we only had 3 players.

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2018, 06:53:13 PM »

I can see being involved still.

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2018, 06:54:54 PM »

Cool. Thats enough for me to get back to work on it. Not confirming an RP though. We need atleast 4 people.

VagabonD SerpenT

• Administrator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!
  • Forum Bouncer, so behave.
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2018, 01:56:25 PM »

Count me in, if you'll be able to cope with a post or two a week. I still need to see my final schedule, it's getting shaken down while the classes and lessons are being shifted around between us teachers to make it all fit, but I think I gonna have a bit of free time once in a while...

Also, I read about half of the posts here, but what if we were to put this world truly upside down? Remember Natalia, a pre-made character from the very first Fallout? She was a gradndaughter of a soviet diplomat who managed to secure a spot in the Vault 13. For me it always meant that in Fallout universe USSR and US were roughly on the same side of Cold War against China I guess.

What if we say that Vault-Tech could not pass an opportunity when USSR offered to build a Vault in our Far East territory close to China as some sort of an allied program or something? :P

Okay, I know this might be a bit too much, just thought let's throw it in LOL As for the inifinite number of stories to explore - go to nexusmods, open F3, F:NV or F4 site, and pick the mods for quests and advenutres. Last time I checked there was a couple thousand... Surely we can come up with a few more.
Terra Locuta. Causa Finita.

Bickering with an admin is like fighting a dragon. You gave him a good kick, poked his eye with your sword and already are aiming to cut his throat open, when the dragon gets tired and finally breathes out.

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2018, 03:17:07 PM »

Well my plan is, for myself to come up with the main plot. But everybody else can come up with side quests. And though I am not going to go with a whole Soviet vault on American Soil built by vault tech. (Simply because, well I dont think its likely.) There is nothing stopping the Soviets from having build their own vault under some embassy or whatever. Anything is possible, as I said the idea for the main vault is the idea of a Genetic Diversity Vault. So all, well I wouldn't say nationalities, because, well 200 years of interbreeding, but decedents of those nationalities.

I have a few side quests of my own planned but want to focuse on the main story. at the moment I am currently looking for 5 or 6 different note books and searching through PM's to find all of my ideas.

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2018, 04:05:23 PM »

As long as I can play a Ranger some day. Just to be a cowboy in the wasteland again...

VagabonD SerpenT

• Administrator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!
  • Forum Bouncer, so behave.
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2018, 01:48:05 PM »

Well, whatever, I was just tossing out wild ideas, cause my favourite perk in NV was Wild Wasteland :P And knowing Enclave and Vault-Tec, they'd have loved to get a vault full of soviet diplomats and their families - entirely different culture, genes and set of experiments to be set, but that's just my opinion in any case.

What I do want to see is a game set in the tone of F2 rather than 3, NV and 4. It still is the best for me. :D
Terra Locuta. Causa Finita.

Bickering with an admin is like fighting a dragon. You gave him a good kick, poked his eye with your sword and already are aiming to cut his throat open, when the dragon gets tired and finally breathes out.

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2018, 04:35:40 PM »

Its a possibility. I just dont really see Vault Tech doing it, atleast not a whole vault. possibly a small vault like vault 114. But what I would like people to do is to have a vault dwelling character at the start. However if you dont want to keep that character you dont have to, you can make your own character who's a BoS member of whatever, but for game purposes it helps if we are all Vault Dwellers at the start till we reach our equivalent of Megaton, though as I have been saying, this isnt a video game so we dont have the same constraints. So there will be a bit of a trip where some story elements are set up, but once we have done that people dont need to stick around each other, and people arnt constrained to a linear story. I am still working on some elements but once we get a few more people we should be good to go.

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2018, 06:46:14 PM »

So here is what I have, it should be nothing that will spoil the RP if we do it (Still waiting on a few people.) But this is the current world I have in mind feel free to suggest criticisms.

But I dont have time to work on this for a few weeks so I will post it now in a sort of rough and ready form and see what people thing and go from there in my spare time.

Commissioned by the U.S. government in 2054 as part of "Project: Safehouse," also known as the "Societal Preservation Program," the Vault-Tec Corporation constructed 122 vaults across the country, though some of these vaults were not like the others. Whilst many vaults had their own secret experiments to run. Few had other purposes. Such as Vault 29 and 96. Based in Salem, The Capital of Oregon State. These two Vaults had special projects, though unlike other Vaults with their hidden goals, the two vaults goal were public knowledge. To assure genetic diversity in a post war America, asides from key Vault Tech Staff, almost all of the Vaults residence were born outside of the united states. Many of the residence were required to officially enlist in the US Military in order to have them remain in the US through a visa so that nobody got overly suspicious with the majority of international vault residence living in the vault’s from the time of their completion and acting as their own Vault Security and Staff. When the bombs fell in 2077 the Vaults were sealed, but unlike most vaults that didn’t have time to fill to capacity these Vaults were already mostly full.
Once Sealed the Vaults remained in contact with each other for almost 24 years, but in 2101 contact was lost with Vault 29, and in response the newly appointed Overseer of Vault 96 began to enforce an isolationist policy, choosing not to open the vault in 2102, 25 years after it was closed as planned. With all contact with the outside world broken, Vault 96 flourished, Though almost filled to its planned capacity Vault 96 was expansive, designed to house an expanding population for between to 25 to 50 years. The residence lead, mostly happy lives, isolated from the outside world. Though after almost 200 years the Vault started to come apart at the seams and overpopulation finally starting to become and issue that talk began of finally opening their Vault to the outside world to send an expedition to Vault 29 for spare parts and the hopes of regaining contact with their sister Vault, or, if they found nobody alive, planning to reoccupy it. Though it wouldn’t be until 8 years later, when Vault 96 finally became unsustainable, that the expedition was formed. The Overseer recently voted in to his position organised a lottery to select the members, though volunteers were also excepted.
Outside the Vaults however the world Is a wasteland. Full of new threats. Raider Gangs roam the roads, prospectors scavenge old world cities, and mutated creatures cause death and destruction where ever they roam. Though even in all this Chaos groups rise and fall. After the Second Battle for Hoover Dam, and a victory handed to the New California Republic over Creasers Legion with the help of the Courier, some of those that remained of the Legion fled from Nevada and made their way through Oregon. Pursued by NCR Rangers all the way to Washington State in the hopes of finding more trade for those Brahmin barons and more resources for the republic. Though advanced Scouts report strange and conflicting reports of Brotherhood of Steel, Enclave and Raider activity in the city of Seattle, with many other scouts going missing in that area, forcing the hand of Elder McNammera of the Brotherhood of Steel’s Mojave Chapter, who have now fortified and renamed hidden valley in to steal Valley revealing themselves to the Mojave  and through uneasy alliances has become a haven for military development and historic research. With their shaky alliance with the NCR becoming ever stronger since the Second Battle of Hoover Dam A Brotherhood of Steel Task Force is formed to reinforce the NCR Forces pushing North through Oregon and in to Washington with the intention of finding out the truth about their Seattle Brothers, and if they prove to be a threat, assisting the NCR in wiping them out.
This is not to say that Old World America is gone. Enclave Remnants have supposedly taken residence of Vagabond Army Heliport after their defeat in the Capital Wasteland, though not much is known as to why they are there, all the locals know is that if you get to close you will be shot on sight. Though many believe them to just be another group of the Brotherhood of Steel leading to conflicting reports leading back to the NCR and the Mojave Chapter. In Portland a settlement thrives. Since the bombs fell lots of small settlements have formed over the years to become what is just known as ‘Central City’ tall buildings in the centre of Portland form a city with interconnecting bridges and protected by its own militia force, plus some aid from a local NCR Forward Operating Base located at Legacy Emanuel Medical Centre. This is the furthest point that the NCR officially reaches. With only her Rangers going further as they wait for word from their Rangers and the Mojave Brotherhood of Steel members in Washington to provide more information on Seattle so that their leaders can decide, weather to negotiate with, or launch a full scale attack on their mysterious enemy who resides in the husk of what once was a magnificent Airship, Pride of the Brotherhood of Steel Air Fleet, but now forgotten by the rest of the movement and lost to time. Though much of the Rangers time is taken with fighting off Raiders on the other side of the Colombia River and chasing those few organized cells of Creasers Legion that remain in the area.

New idea.
‘STEEL RANGERS’
The alliance between the BoS and NCR has gone so far as to form a new group, known as ‘Steel Rangers’ One-man army’s, taken from both groups and trained by both sides, Often seen wearing highly modified and lightened power armour in a mixed NCR and BoS Colour scheme. These troops are the perfect mix of BoS Technology and NCR Ranger Skill. Though often considered wild cards by both factions, their results can not be denied.

(Basically my idea is, think NCR Scavanged Power Armour, with NCR Ranger helmet with the emblem of a Two Headed Bear surrounded by the outer design of the BoS Sigil. Often in a brown sleevless coat and armed with a mixture of weapons. They are their own force. Never found in more than pairs in the waste land, often only spending a night in a NCR base to  reporting in to some officer of either faction, rest, resupply and then they leave once again. )
Factions:
The Seattle Brotherhood of Steel
Though no official members of this chapter of the Brotherhood of Steel remain, With many being wiped out due to the detonation of a nuclear weapon near their old headquarters in Kirkland, their title and power has been taken by an enterprising madman. Believed to be the Brotherhood Member known as the Warrior who defeated the Calculator in Vault 0. He Runs this Chapter as the self appointed Elder with an Iron Fist, at first rallying those that remained of the Seattle Brotherhood to his cause, killing all that question him, and rewarding all that please him, rumoured to be heavily augmented after his battle at Vault 0, based out of a downed Airship in Lake Union Park, The Seattle Chapter is expansive, recruiting raiders in to their ranks to rule all of Seattle, those settlers that make their way their find the place bleak and oppressive, but find it better than living in the wastes, worrying about Rad Scorpions and Super Mutants in the night. Those Settlers that do not fall in line with the Warrior Elder are either Executed in some gruesome fashion, become slaves to work in his factory’s, producing more weapons and armour for his troops’ or the worst fate of all, become fodder for his experiments.
The Super Mutants
Like many bands of Super Mutants the Most of those that reside in Washington are survivors from the Masters Army. Having scattered over time and becoming a shadow of their former selves being all but eradicated by the original Brotherhood of Steel chapter in the area, who used their Airship to petrol the area and to launch teams of paladins and knights to eradicate any mutant’s they found, those that remained were pushed back to a abandoned and unknown Vault close to the Seattle Space Needle, where the Brotherhood believed them to be wiped out, but almost 2 decades later having regrouped their forces in secret,  they returned from their exile and under a organized command of 1st Generation Super Mutants, defeated the Brotherhood of Steal, Bringing their mighty airship crashing down in Lake Union Park and destroying their base in Kirkland through the use of salvaged unexploded nuclear weapons from the great war. Though with the rise of the new BoS in Washington the Mutants have once more found themselves scattered across the state, with some remaining near the Space Needle.
The Enclave Remnant
Having fled from the destruction of the Enclave the remnants went unnoticed for a short time, though after a while small groups started to be noticed such as the former Squad that took part in the 2nd Battle of Hoover Dam,  they traveling the American wasteland in the hopes of finding something to push them back in to a position of power, until they finally they were forced to stop traveling, their Vetri-birds were over worked and could no longer support their nomadic life style and having lost several of their number, some to death and some just choosing to settle down during their travels. Though a large group of them has set up a new home at Vagabond Helicopter base.
The NCR and Mojave BoS Alliance.
Having formed a tentative alliance during the Second Battle of Hoover Dam, both factions find themselves working together again. With the Courier having killed Caesar and his Legion Scattered the NCR perused them north, mostly on rumor and whispers given to their Rangers by questionable sources, once reaching the Colombia River, they started to encounter strange enemys, it wasn’t long until one Ranger ID’ed these enemy’s as members of the Brotherhood of Steel. Through their alliance these reports were also received by the Mojave Brotherhood Elder McNamera. He was concerned, reports of their Washington State Brothers breaking their core philosophy led to an arangment between the NCR and the Brotherhood once more, an Joint Expedition was put together, With the higer ups of the NCR wanting to expand North now that the Mojave was, more or less under their control. The Brotherhood detachment of the expedition was lead by Head Palidin Hardin, with orders to ever make contact with and find the truth about their Washington brothers, or, if they were unredeemable to wipe them out and to take command as Elder of the new Brotherhood of Steel Chapter in Washington. The NCR detachment commander took the form of Brigadier General Cassandra Moore. Having been promoted after her victory at Hoover Dam. Though some in the NCR contest that and argue it was the Victory of the Courier. She is eager to prove herself to her superiors many of whom feel her promotion was unwarranted due to the Victory at Hoover Dam being that of the Courier. The reputation of the NCR expedition is split between the civilian government of the NCR, with many of whom see the expedition as pointless and others displeased by the delay caused by their new enemy.
New Portland City
Hawthorn, Morrision, Portland State, Grande Avenue, Esplanade Port, Salmon Springs and Burnside.
Having been a mostly unimportant city in its pre war years Portland managed to survive the nuclear fire in a pretty intact state, though of course over 200 years of neglect and rad storms blown all over the west coast has led to it becoming just as run down as many citys that did suffer from nuclear strikes. But due to its pretty peaceful enter in to the post war world, many communities of survivors and later settlers started to build new homes there. Over the years several small settlements began to form. Over time these became towns and soon these towns formed in to a large city. Centred on the Hawthorn Bridge, the City boasts its own Militia force that patrols inside the walls of the city, enforcing law and order and protecting the residents from outside threats. They follow a somewhat isolationist philosophy but its not a hard and fast rule as often outsiders will come to settle there. With around 7 ‘towns’ forming the city. With its ‘capital’ known as Hawthorn, the town that had grown up across the Hawthorn Bridge. With the other towns being Morrision, on the Morrision Bridge mostly serves as an industrial hub of the city, Portland State, a Town that grew up out of the old university grounds. Grande Avenue, located on the road of the same name, it is the most travelled route by outsiders and houses the citys commerce areas. Esplanade Port. Based on the Eastside Bank, though it is not really a port it serves as a huge source of food and water to the city. The town of Salmon Springs grew on the opposite bank, and also serves to provide food, using the old park as farm land. The final town of the 7 that form New Portland City is Burnside, like Morrision and Hawthorn the original settlement was on the Burnside Bridge, though when the Town grew to large its centre was moved to the west bank with the Bridge remaining a residential area, and when New Portland City was formed those Residents moved with very few remaining on the bridge. With a change of administration of the city the bridge was assessed and deemed unstable so was intentionally destroyed. Burnside soon became notorious for its less than clean reputation, known for its prostitutes, drug dealers and bars, it now serves as the slums of new Portland city. Though each town maintains its own individual culture with its own Mayor, who serves their town for a 5 year term, being voted in by their local residents, and then at the end of that 5 year term the entire city votes on which mayor to promote to president. This happens at the same time as local elections. Though this causes some contention as the mayor of the town with the highest population tends to win.
Legates Legion.
Only like Creasers Legion in name alone, this was once a tribal band of raiders now lead by a survivor of Creaser’s legion, a lowly soldier who promoted himself to Legate after fleeing the battle of Hover Dam. Wandering North with NCR Rangers close behind he found his way in with a lowly and disorganised raider gang, they now serve more as a nuisance than a real threat, Unable to defeat any settlement they move around the wasteland daily and attack only small groups of travellers on the road, typically on the North Side of the Columbia River.
The Cause - Around Mount Hood, Oregon
A loose coalition of mercenaries, displaced tribals and others who have a bone to pick with the Washington BoS. They're motivated but they're fighting a losing war with the BoS without proper leadership, chain of command and are fighting with a hodgepodge of weapons and gear. Portland used to have a defensive pact with them, but the city wants nothing to do with their war and The Cause wants Portland to take an active role in resisting the BoS.

Maw People - Along the Columbia River from Longview at the furthest east and reaching to Megler and Astoria at the mouth of the river to the west.
Cannibalistic tribals, they've been a constant thorn in the side of everyone in the area, particularly since they're sitting on some prime fishing real estate and the bridgeheads at Megler and Astoria into western Washington.

Richland - Crossroads of the I-82 and I-182
A "free city" near the Washington/Oregon border that has yet to be hit by the BoS. Small, but until recently has enjoyed being on major trading crossroads. Likely has its own militia and whatnot, but it would be easy pickings for the BoS without intervention.

Ishaquah Nation - Started at the Colville Reservation but has expanded north up to the Canadian border and southwest to Spokane. They claim everything in between, but their presence is questionable outside of their main settlements.
A tribal nation, they are the BoS' main target because unknown to the Ishaquah, hidden under Moses Mountain is Fort Teller Army Base, which holds the key to the "Immortal Elder"'s plans...

There are likely tribals on the islands in the straights between Washington and British Columbia, and likely whatever survived of Vancouver and Victoria in Canada have formed their own factions. It's possible that the Mounties might even be back as their analogue to the Rangers...
Pages: 1 2 [3]

lethal-pageant