Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: 1944 London- Allied HQ  (Read 404 times)

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
1944 London- Allied HQ
« on: June 14, 2018, 06:45:00 PM »

Supreme Headquarters Allied Expeditionary Force Shaef

Bushy Park London.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 05:22:13 PM by Mim »

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • First Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
Re: 1944 London- Allied HQ
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2018, 02:57:39 PM »

"Ah hell, sir. I just got here, they don't tell me a thing. All I know is someone with more weight to throw around than I ever saw told Colonel Frederick I was coming here and that was that." Brian commented with a bit of a grin, but also with a Texas drawl that up until this point, had never been heard from him before. But he was pulling it off quite well. He kept his right hand on the sling of his M1941 rifle, "So, was someone supposed to pick us up here, or were we supposed to hoof it there? Don't bother me none either way, sir, just wondering."

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2018, 08:55:09 PM »

{Maj Andrew Baker OSS}

Albert's face creased in a decent grin for the occasion, Coffin had done himself proud with both the accent and cover story. Now all he had to do was get his own straight without stumbling over his tongue; the hardest part was to not be yourself, at least not until some trust was gained. For the both of them it was even remotely possible their true identities may have to be revealed, for that matter all the teams might be placed in that position. "Walk as our creator intended us to do Tyler, or should I stick with Nick. Now you see that is where our research sometimes falls apart, rarely do historical biographies tell us in detail of a person's demeanor or personality. I think we'll be doing a great deal of bluff." Albert stuck his hat on, pulling it at just the right angle he'd seen in Baker's photograph, a little mistake like that could see you done.

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • First Lieutenant
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2018, 03:25:57 PM »

{1LT Nick Tyler, 1st SSF}

Brian shrugged as they started walking away from the club. He wasn't unfamiliar with London, he had served with the 321st Special Tactics Squadron at RAF Lakenheath, but it also held some bad memories, given the way his ex-wife had treated him. Maybe that's why Astrid did what she did, he figured, to take his mind off of her. It hadn't been any secret, thanks to Denis, about Brian's divorce, after all.

"That's why I made sure anyone who could say a word is nowhere near us." Brian replied, "A damn shame that you missed your flight, sir, but maybe you can find the guy that got me pulled out of Sicily. Don't mind a little R&R, but not if the rest of us are still fighting the Krauts and the few Italians still with 'em."

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2018, 06:44:59 PM »

{Maj Andrew Baker OSS}

For Albert's part he had never stepped foot in Britain, or any other part of the UK other than a very insignificant stopover in Belfast many years ago on his way to GW1, that amounted to all of thirty minutes. So for him just being here let alone before he was born was going to be something of a buzz. He was curious if fate through their hand in somewhere and he bumped into his father, a US Army Air Force Lieutenant Gunner with the 489 Bomber Group stationed at Healsworth just north of London. His father often recounted stories of spending his leave in the City where he met Albert's mother; not all of his stories though were happy ones, the venerable B24 suffering more losses than any other Bomber group in World War two. Albert shivered at the thought, those men were doing that right now as the two of them made their way.

"Since we just happened to bump into each other heading the same way Lieutenant it might just work out we end up continuing on together. Major Andrew Baker US Army Intelligence." He refrained from the handshake as he knew that was futile at this point in time. "Right, four guards, make sure your head is on straight as I know from our extensive research these people were thorough, as thorough as you can get without the benefit of the internet. Let's press on." Going through his head a dozen times a minute was his own story and just how he was going to pitch it. This was going to be interesting no doubt.

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • First Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2018, 02:34:35 PM »

"Probably better you take the lead, sir, given you're the ranking officer. I'm a bit too far from my unit for my liking. Colonel Fredrick did say they had a good reason, but I dunno, seems a bit fishy to me." Brian said as they approached the building. Predictably, the MPs were already pointing flashlights at them as they approached. One thing, he figured, never changed was how uppity these guys were. Though at least it wasn't Air Police under Curtis LeMay's time, those guys made the SFs and MPs of their time seem lax by comparison...

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2018, 09:46:35 PM »

{Maj Andrew Baker OSS}

Taking an exceptionally deep swallow Albert put his head down to walk directly to the guards, when they got closer he wasn't at all taken aback to see two Brits, an American and a Canadian at the post. There were sandbags surrounding the entrance with two very effective MG .50's in position. Some things never changed with the .50 being one of those things much like the venerable C130, if it ain't broke don't fix it. Hoping that the old movies were reasonably accurate, Albert withdrew his ID to hold it out in front of him but not so that it obscured his face."Do the same Lieutenant." He whispered from the corner of his mouth.

"Stand and identify yourself." A voice came to them, the American. Al looked either side, there were concrete blocks set along the entry path making a virtual murder hole.

"Major Andrew Baker, Army Intelligence. I have an important message for Lieutenant General Bradley. With me is First Lieutenant Nick Tyler US Army, he's seeking new orders, we happened to be going the same way." Hopefully as a native Californian, Albert had the slower mid western accent down pat. These people would certainly know him, or know of him.

There was a moment of silence as one soldier conferred with someone over the phone, then a British Captain appeared through the front entrance. He walked directly up to the both of them. "Captain Gregory O'Brien, SOE. You were due in France a day ago Major, do you mind explaining why you're here now?" His bushy eyebrows and his Irish accent made him look just a little intimidating.

Calming himself still, Albert gave his answer without a second's hesitation. "Missed the flight Captain and in that time I've received new orders, they're all here." He withdrew the mission directive that Sam had created for him, it was marked 'eyes only' with the US seal in wax on the flap.

"Hmm. Well I can't open it can I Major, but you are him I can say." He was still looking at Al's ID. "Proceed, but we'll need you both to turn in your weapons with the QM just inside the door thank you." He stood aside to let them pass.

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • First Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2018, 11:32:17 PM »

Brian handed over his papers as well, letting Reynolds do the talking for the moment. Once they were cleared, he headed in to hand in his rifle to the Quartermaster, as well as his 1911 pistol and combat knife.

"Hey, now y'all better not lose my rifle back there. I'm not goin' to a Garand just because y'lost it or somethin, alright?" Brian said when handing over the M1941 Johnson rifle. The QM behind the desk just scowled at him in response before scribbling down a ticket for him and handed it over, muttering something about "damned Yanks" under his breath.

"Much obliged, pardner." Brian commented as he waited on Reynolds.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2018, 06:55:48 PM »

{Maj Andrew Baker OSS}

Once cleared both men proceeded along a semi-darkened hallway lit only by reddish hued lights along the center of the ceiling, giving off a rather unnatural glow. To both it would have been very similar to the darkened conditions aboard the battle carriers of the fleet in their time during combat, Al shrugged it off until they were directed to stand outside Bradley's office. They were left alone there sitting on a bench seat in an area that was square in proportions; a quick check confirmed there were no listening devices, which given the era they were in wasn't unusual. "Now comes the hard part Tyler, convincing Bradley to have some bombing missions redirected around our people, plus we need to find a way to contact Mitchell in this time line. He's likely to be either here or at 54 Broadway, commonly known as the Minimax Fire Extinguisher Company. I find that rather rather typically British don't you? We can only hope he is here though as I'd rather not have to go wandering about London so early into our journey."

A young woman dressed in the US Army uniform poked her head out from behind the door. "General Bradley will see you Major, Lieutenant, in a few minutes."

Al looked up at her, nodded his gratitude then waited for her to disappear again. "Damn it, I've already forgotten where Hatfield is headed, do you remember?" He asked somewhat troubled.

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • First Lieutenant
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2018, 04:29:16 PM »

"You'd know him better than me, sir. And no, sir, I don't. Frankly I was kind of with the General about splitting up into so many directions. Like they say in RPGs, never split up the party." Brian whispered back.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2018, 08:00:59 PM »

{Maj Andrew Baker OSS}

"Yes I know, we've spread ourselves rather thin but then it wasn't something we could avoid either if we're to nail this-" He stopped when the woman reappeared.

"General Bradley will see you now."

Al looked up at her then stood. "Thank you Lieutenant." He finally noted her rank, filing her face away to his memory. "Well then Tyler, the time has come to see where this will go." He followed the young woman where she directed them to a connecting office from hers, the door was slightly ajar so he walked straight in to see none other than Omar Bradley himself just as Al had seen him in many photos and old newsreels. "General sir, a pleasure to finally meet you. Major-"

The General cut him off. "I know who you are Major and the Lieutenant. Please sit down the both of you while I try to understand why you're here. These papers you handed in are rather vague, so I'll be straight up, what exactly could be so damned important in Germany that all this cloak and dagger secrecy has my people's backs up? From the time you presented yourself to the time you walked in I've had several messages reach me already concerning this device we somehow had stolen from under our noses in New York and your papers explaining your mission to retrieve it. So would you mind expanding on that for me?"

The man was direct, they could work with that making their mission so much easier. But he was curious as to where these other tidbits of information was coming from. The answer to that had to be Mitchell. Al took a seat opposite, making sure his story was as best as he could make it as planned back in their own time. He glanced at Brian briefly before he spoke. "I'm not entirely sure General how much you have been told and at this point as you may well be aware the secrecy surrounding the device is of the highest order. All I can tell you is its origins, found in Egypt in 1928 and finally in 1939 taken to the States for study. There is a lot of controversy surrounding it General, most of that points to it being some kind of weapon which we've established it isn't. But, sir it was found to be made of material that does generate a degree of radiation of a type we've never seen, thus some believe that it may have been stolen so that the materials could be used to create a weapon rather that find out what the device actually does." He was lying through his teeth of course, yet there was some truth in what he said.

Bradley listened, while he appeared to be writing notes. Then he looked up over his glasses. "So then as we believed the minerals in that thing can be weaponized? Creating some kind of devastating bomb is that what you're getting at?"

"Yes sir, exactly that." Al glanced over at Brian/Tyler again looking for some help on the off chance he'd missed something.

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • First Lieutenant
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2018, 10:28:39 PM »

{Maj. Matt Baker, OSS}

Unexpectedly, the door opened and another officer entered the room. He was in a US Army uniform with Major's insignia. And he had a familiar face, if older and grayer. But that eager spark that Cam Mitchell was known for was long gone.

"Sir. How can I help you?" Cam said, sitting down at the table. His gaze fixed on Reynolds, a look of familiarity.

"Major, you've been running all over the ETO as of late, these men are also on the trail of the device you've been looking for. Suppose you three can put your heads together and figure out what the Krauts did with this thing."

There was a moment of silence, before Cam spoke, "We have an inside source that has told us where they've got it hidden. We've also located parts of it before they have, I just need some people to go with me. One's in Italy, one's in Austria. But I wasn't aware anyone else was put on the case." He glanced at both of them.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2018, 06:49:34 PM »

{Maj Andrew Baker OSS}

The voice was the same, as was the slightly older face when Albert turned to look at the man. "Well here it is then, the wheel turns." He thought back on all they had been briefed on and in many cases some back home didn't think it was at all possible nor even if the chances were they'd actually meet face to face, not so soon at least. The most bizarre factor to come out of all of this was the fact that Al was impersonating Andrew Baker, the real Matt Baker's cousin both of whom served with the OSS. Was it chance? When going through the files back at the SGC, one of the reasons A.Baker was chosen for Al was his uncanny similarity to the man and that he was supposed to meet Matt earlier on in 44 on another unrelated matter. Just too many coincidences. "Matt, its been a while." Albert said standing to shake the other's hand hoping to God the man wouldn't blink at all. "My offsider here is Lieutenant Nick Tyler, he's offered his services to assist. I've have been fully briefed on the lack of resources you need so the hope is we can pull a few things together." How much more though could he push this and how much does he reveal? The thing was they needed to convince Bradley about the other teams in place and the need to have the Allied bombing missions somehow diverted away from those areas the others were sent to. "We can General, is there a room somewhere we can use? We can then brief you again when we've come up with some concrete plans."

{Gen Omar Bradley US Army} NPC

"You know each other?" The old man asked before giving his answer.

"A little sir, we're related although its been quite a while hasn't it Matt?" He had his fingers crossed in his mind that Mitchell could be as convincing as Saint Peter.

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • First Lieutenant
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2018, 12:10:22 AM »

{1LT Nick Tyler - 1st SSF}

{Major Matt Baker - OSS}

{Gen. Omar Bradley - US Army}

"I'll take it from here, sir. We've got a lot to discuss anyways." Cam said, not taking Reynolds' hand. Bradley paused for a moment before standing up.

"Alright, Major, it's your show. I'm calling it a night, I've got a briefing with Ike in the morning. Just make sure to lock up when you're done. Good night, gentlemen." Bradley said, and took his leave. Cam and Brian both stood up when the General did, and sat down only after the door closed behind him.

Cam looked between the two of them before he spoke again.

"So. I don't know him, but I know you. And I know no one went chasing after the Stargate after Ba'al pulled his little escape act and there wasn't a Stargate Command. Sam's dead. Jackson's dead. Teal'c and Vala are dead. So, you better give me a good reason why you're here before I call the General back in here and tell him you're German spies." Cam said seriously, eyeing both of them.

"...sir, I joined the Stargate Program 2 years after the last Ba'al clone was extracted in 2008. You're still in command of SG-1, Colonel Carter is a mother of twins, Doctor Jackson is on liason duty at the SGC, Teal'c is a Councilor with the Free Jaffa Nation, and Vala is also with you on SG-1. You said my team looked like a gaggle because we came through the gate on short notice from the Alpha Site with just our weapons hanging empty off of us. Vala gave you grief about an Amy..." Brian tried, but Cam put his hand up.

"I don't know you, so just stop. You want to try your hand, Albert Reynolds?" Cam asked, looking squarely at Reynolds.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2018, 08:41:23 PM »

It was of no surprise to Al, something like this was expected so he went straight for the jugular so to speak. "You and I served together in Desert Storm, albeit different Squadrons but we did mess together. Still that's a long way off the mark. SG-3 held cover for you and SG1 on P2M-903 to rescue Teal'c, if we hadn't been there yes then the man certainly would be dead and so would you. Apart from that, I highly doubt Nazi spies might even have the slightest inkling as to the workings and functions of the NID would they, you know that little black mark on my file that so often went against me in some peoples minds." He didn't even know why he had to do this, but Sam did warn him.
Pages: [1] 2 3