Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: 1944 Northern Europe  (Read 317 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 206
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
1944 Northern Europe
« on: June 15, 2018, 04:53:31 PM »

Mission directive. Team lands at Gotland island. Destination Hamburg thereafter.

Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Bluebell722

• Technical Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Bluebell722 hides in shadows.
Re: 1944 Northern Europe
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2018, 06:14:18 PM »

>>From the English Channel>>

<401-32>

Jon took over the stick with aplomb. This he could do. Flying. Beaming people down to their destinations. Everything would be fine. He hadn't paid too much attention to whether Daniel or Troy wanted to ride the 401 equivalent of shotgun. What mattered was sticking to the tight schedule they had so he didn't accidentally grandfather paradox himself or something.

"Next stop on the HG Wells Time Machine Mystery Tour is Gotland Island. Are our friendly time tourists ready to be beamed down? Remember the old Boy Scout rule - leave no trace."

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2018, 04:11:04 PM »

<401-32>

That was one down, three to go. For Bobbie it had been a buzz but a terrifying one, for while she was considered something of a dare devil as a female fighter pilot, at the same time was was very easily put off by extreme things unlike Cate who did look like she fed of it. What was going on inside though no one knew. "Captain Jaworski, I for one don't get a rush out of it, scares the crap out of me to be honest." She was being so. "Alright then, Wing Commander MacGregor and her team is next, stand by." She turned to Jon, since she and her group would soon follow. "You have the stick Lieutenant, I'll go down in back now and I'll send Doctor Jackson and Lieutenant Troy up here for you." She unbuckled her harness to move back tapping Cate on the shoulder as she did so. "Five minutes Cate."

Cate was already undoing her own belt when Bobbie reminded her of the time factor. She swallowed hard, this was going to be the maddest most insane thing she had ever done in her life apart from dying of course. "Coming." She removed her helmet securing it on the hook by the Tactical operators station, the down the four steps behind Hatfield. Mike and Astrid, now with her that was about the strangest mix for a team. Not strange in the SGC sense, but strange here in 1944. "What was that you were saying before Mike I didn't quite hear you, something about the Planet of the Apes wasn't it?" Nevertheless this little team were going to have the hardest job of convincing whoever they met just who and what they were.

<401-32>

Mike gave Hatfield a rather weak smile, “Ok, so you and me same then, making us the exceptions here. Makes me feel much better to know I’m not alone… until I get off at Gotland. Then I’m alone with the junkies again.”
Slowly releasing the lock of his belt, Mike then exchanged his helmet for his hat, wrestled the back pack in place over his shoulders and stood, black bag in hand, “The movie, Cate. Space ship getting lost and end up in the future? Please don’t tell me you missed the classic one and jumped straight to the remake? The original is waaay, better!”

Mike turned towards Nealson up front, "No, not ready ar all, so just get it over and don with. As fast and as pain free as possible and I promise I'll remember it for your next physical, deal?"

Bluebell722

• Technical Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Bluebell722 hides in shadows.
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2018, 05:40:38 PM »

<401-302>

Jon wasn't one to mess with medical personnel just out of spite, however much he disliked being stuck with needles, having penlights shone in his eyes, and being stuck in a bed in the infirmary.

"I'll take that as a ready, unless you have any objections, ma'am?" he inquired of MacGregor. He had one finger on the beamdown button. "All right, team, stand by for beaming, and then it's on to Hamburg for you all."

@Mim

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2018, 11:50:58 PM »

<401-302>

"Yes well Mike I guess they call that going with the swings and roundabouts isn't it?" Not a particularly pleasant thought knowing your fate lies with the actions of a kid's playground activities. Then again Bobbie found most of her life was like that. "Good luck just the same Mike and.." She leaned to him lowering her voice to a whisper. "...watch her like a hawk, we both know Cate is likely to do something all of us may regret if and when we get back to our own time." Standing back from him, Bobbie did the same for both Astrid and Cate, wishing them well and luck to go with them.

The blonde shook her head, memories of her and Ben watching their parents old VHS movies with repetition until said movies were burned into their young minds. "Charlton Heston and Roddy McDowell, yes many many times Mike. And no, I never bothered with remakes of anything hardly." There was one exception and that only recently and as she explained purely for hypothetical research, Battle Star Galactica. She didn't like it much just the same. "Hamburg, yes well we'll need to work on that Nealson." She had to raise her voice back to cockpit now she was without a head set. With that last sentence, Astrid, Mike and Cate were beamed down to Gotland.

Bobbie stood still for a moment, then called back to the cockpit. "Turn us around now Jon, head south at 189 degrees that'll put us over Alsace for our drop in a few minutes." She walked along tapping Fred,Cooper and Taer. "We're up next."

<<To France>>
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 12:50:07 AM by Mim »
Far Dareis Mai

Veteran52

• Airman First Class
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Veteran52 A new starter.
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2018, 12:36:35 PM »

The Chief pulled out his wallet and some Reichsmark notes and looked towards the Major..."What do you say Sir, can I buy the luger for..75..no,!00 Reichsmarks?Then, you wouldn't have to take the chance of trading with the wrong 'bloke'?!

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • First Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2018, 03:02:29 PM »

"I'm not too inclined to let her ruin the timeline. Unless she's supposed to. But she knows the consequences. Like the future turns into a nuclear wasteland or we find we answer to Oberkommando Stargate. Or the General just destroys her career. One of those." Astrid commented as she stood up. At this point, she was just glad to get out of the ship and get on with the mission.

And in a flash of light, she'd get just that.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2018, 01:28:00 AM »

<Gotland Island north east>

According to the laws of Australian science it should be dark, at almost 4am Swedish time it wasn't, not at all with the sun just sitting under the eastern horizon. At best where Nealson placed them was secluded as far as Cate could see, a long stretch of white sandy beach with some sand hills behind covered in saw grass and that was tall. "Good job Jon." She said looking skywards, he was somewhere up there heading south now.

The three of them were separated by a few meters each, Cate walked over to where Astrid was closer to Mike, looking all around her as she did so. "According to our data, if hopefully our navigation held up, we're roughly three kilometers east of a fishing village called Irevik. That's our target, there are as far as our histories tell us a few Germans there and they should be able to get us to Hamburg." At this point she was just four paces from Mike. "So Mr Surgeon, how do you think I can look damaged?"
Far Dareis Mai

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2018, 02:11:24 AM »

< Gotland, North East beach >

“And the latter would probably be the worst for her,”
chuckled Mike as a remark towards Astrid before he the transport got him.

Seconds later he stood on a beach, soft white sand under his feet and salty winds brushing his face. A rather intrusive smell of seaweed also nestled its way in to his nostrils. He pulled in a deep breath, time travel did have its advantages.
“Gees, that smells good!” he said quietly.
Turning towards Cate, there was a small streak of anxiety in his stomach since he had no idea of how she was going to pull this part off.
“Well, I guess that depends on how you crashed. High energy trauma when hitting the water can be rather nasty. Bruises all over your body, concussion, fractured ribs, internal bleeding due to your spleen, kidneys and liver being lacerated due to the force upon impact. Fractured radius, ulna, femur, pelvis… Something I’d rather not deal with here and now, but since you're up, walking and taking, I think a bail out just before the crash was the most like thing to happen.”
Mike gave her a scrutinizing look, head to toe, “Bruises, maybe a concussion if you miscalculated the landing and hit your head on impact… And with the lack of an MRI or CT, it can be faked rather easily. If you landed feet first there can be anything from fractured to sprained ankles. So take your pick!”
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 06:56:52 AM by NG »

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2018, 08:13:38 PM »

It did, the smell. Cate spent most of her teen years at the beach either surfing or fishing with her old man, those memories! It was the same, although she couldn't see herself catching a break on these kiddie waves. But that aside Mike made some seriously good points, though there was no way she was about to put herself through any of that; just a part of it. "Head bang I can stand, a bruise or a graze. Now I do have to shred some of these fine threads as well...sorry Thor old buddy." She raised her head skywards, back in their own time he was up there somewhere. "And...yes I have to go into that water. Astrid how do you Swedes do it? I mean even in summer that has to be near 12 degrees." Cate dipped her hand in the shallows then pulled it out quickly. "Or less."

@Cipherhornet18
Far Dareis Mai

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • First Lieutenant
  • Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2018, 11:59:44 PM »

"Mmm. I personally don't see the appeal of living on a massive island full of creatures intent on ending your life but you don't hear me going on about it." Astrid commented with a bit of a grin. Gotland wasn't unfamiliar to her, but that had been when she had been a kid, not 1944.

"I'd suggest we make it quick. Otherwise, we will have hard time explaining anything." Astrid said, looking around, "Plus, the people here speak about as bad as the Danes, like they talk with potatoes in their mouths..." She commented to no one in particular.

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2018, 03:49:36 PM »

“Oh please don’t remind me about it, Elle is doing her best trying to persuade me to go with her to see her home town. Heck, they’ve got spiders there that are as big as your hands!” That last thing was uttered with a small shudder. He normally didn’t have a problem with insect with many legs, but knowing what might show up in a bath room down under, well, the pictures he’d seen was more than enough.

Mike looked at the ocean with disbelief, “Yes, make sure you do it quickly. Hypothermia will most like set in anyway as we walk to wards the village. I really wished we at least had been allowed some thermo blankets… but no, that could lead to a disruption of the time line.”
Even if it was a dire situation, he couldn’t help but to smile, “Off you go then, in to the water with you. My alias is an innocent Polish doctor on vacation, so no reason for me to get my feet wet.”

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2018, 10:36:53 PM »

The first thing Cate did was to remove one boot, fill it with sand then fling it as far as she could out into the sea. Then she drew her knife, a standard short thing most German officers of the period wore on their belt. With that she began tearing, ripping some of her clothing as if she'd been caught on something; it didn't hurt either (well physically it did) to cut herself with it in a few places, mostly on her forearm. Mike would have to take care of knocking her on the forehead later. As she was doing all this before wading into the water she began on a discourse of all the most dangerous creatures from her native land. "Koala's, do you know how vicious they can be? And Kangaroos, oh dear..." She went on for a bit.

"Holy crap!" The words escaped her mouth as soon as she was knee deep, yet she continued on until she was fully immersed then ducked completely under. "That is cold, I mean like really cold." Coming out she began to shiver then looked around for something solid, it couldn't be rock or timber as it may leave remnants in her flesh. After searching for a few minutes she found what she was looking for, a piece of metal pipe without rust on it. It could have come off a boat or something. She bent to pick it up then walked over to both of them. "As much as I trust you Astrid I think Mike should do this. I'd do it myself but with my luck I'm likely as much to kill myself with it." Cate handed the pipe over to him, wishing she could see herself in the mirror to find out how convincing she looked.
Far Dareis Mai

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • First Lieutenant
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2018, 03:02:06 PM »

"Oh quit your whining, this is hardly cold. Tepid more like..." Astrid said while Cate made her preparations, and glanced to Mike, "I can't imagine how much complaining she would do if she had been posted to Arvidsjaur like I was. Around now, it wouldn't be any warmer than...20 degrees. 67ish in American."

When Cate returned with a pipe in hand, Astrid arched an eyebrow, "Why did you not bother doing any of this before we left? If we're seen, it will be hard to explain why we're beating a Luftwaffe pilot up."

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2018, 03:20:12 PM »

“Yes, yes, I know about the boxing and kicking kangaroos, but at least they don’t sneak up on you in the bathtub!” Mike retorted but then became all quiet as he watched his friend immerse herself in to the cold water. Crap that must have taken quite a lot of will power to do.
“Sounds like it’s way up north? The mere thought of taking a swim under these circumstances gives me the chills. You guys really are crazy, doing this for a living,” he replied to Astrid as he watched Cate slowly wade her way back towards the shore.

Looking at the pipe in Cate’s hand when she came back to them, Mike slowly shook his head in horrified disbelief when he understood the meaning of it, “No,” he whispered, “Please Cate, don’t make me do this…”
Pages: [1] 2 3