Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: 1944 Northern Europe  (Read 351 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 208
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Re: 1944 Northern Europe
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2018, 01:29:00 AM »

< Gotland, North East beach >

Cate rubbed her left eye a little, salt water had gotten in behind the contact lens, hopefully her tear ducts were working well enough to flush it out. "Well since you both asked Sam and I did suss it out quite extensively as did Cheryl Brownwell, she in fact found some data we hadn't known about, things that were mostly from private diaries that had been given to museums in the 90's. On this very day there were three German registered fishing boats in the village port, one of those was in fact operated by the Nazis as nothing more than a spy vessel; I guess they never really trusted the concept of a neutral country. At least one of the crew will be Gestapo, but we know from the records and letters two of them including the boat's captain is Abwehr." She bent to make the tear in her pants leg a little more exaggerated. "And we know, sorry Mike, but we know men talk. Herr Brasch will know the moment we talk to the crew of that boat, the Schnapper, telling them that you've found Oberstleutnant Kaethe Von Ritter. She's injured but fine."

She then squinted at Mike. "Well if you insist, we're both blonde, so there." The fact of the matter was Cate and Elle were very much alike, hence the reason they didn't get along all too well. "Now before someone else happens to stroll along, can we get moving please, these clothes are getting cold and the walk will warm me up."
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • First Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 54
  • Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2018, 12:12:22 AM »

"As I said before, your beloved Churchill called us vultures playing both sides for profit. Just as no one gives the Danes proper credit for doing what they had to in order to survive." Astrid commented. "And just when in the hell were you planning on telling either of us about this part of the plan? No offense, but your communication skills are not proving to be your strong suit."

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2018, 04:22:05 PM »

< Gotland, North East beach >

"Now that -" Mike pointed a finger at Cate, "is the most sane thing you’ve said in a long time. Let’s go! I’d hate to have pass out of hypothermia in the middle of a war."
He grabbed Cate by her shoulders and turned her around, pushing her up towards the road as he spoke to Astrid, “Yeah, seems to be the habit of most  geeks and high ranking officers we work with, right? So why should she be any different? We’re expendables. No need to know and all that crap.”
He pulled in a deep breath and continued, “Now, let’s focus forwards. How do we avoid the Gestapo, what ever they were doing on a fishing boat in the Baltic sea to let the Abwher get to us first? And I can’t believe I just said that.”

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2018, 08:02:22 PM »

< Gotland, Irevik >

"Something you should be aware about me Astrid, I am the penultimate skeptic. I rarely believe my own science until I can prove it a thousand ways and with this..." She spread her hands around indicating the position they were in. "...it took Sam Carter and Bill Lee several hours to convince me it would work, God they even dragged my Mother into it. So revealing information like that was pointless to me until I knew we could use it. Besides when did I have the time for idle chit chat until now?" She had already asked the same question, it was irrelevant now. "Everyone did what they could to survive, I had relatives or at least my father did who lived on the Channel Islands in this time; the Brits simply let the Nazi's walk over them, handed them the keys and yet 99% of the Islanders never gave up hope. Hope that allowed them to survive throughout the war. Many of our generation would have just thrown in the towel, we all know that."

"Keep going Mike and I might even end up being normal, now wouldn't be something eh?" Joking? Yes. The last thing in the world Cate or anyone for that matter would like to see is her being or behaving in a manner even close to normal. In the first place its her abnormalness that somehow helps her get things done that others might consider impossible or absurd to consider and in the second place being normal reduces the fun factor of life considerably. They kept walking, Cate every now and then having to stop when she discovered the path wasn't soft sand all the way, her feet were beginning to pay the price slightly. "We don't avoid him, In fact we will need to be very up front with the SS, as any appearance of trying to skirt around them will raise suspicions."

Soon the little fishing village of Irevik came into sight, a few small cottages, many of them showing signs of age, many more having little wisps of smoke emanating from them where she could smell the delicious aroma of smoked fish. As they drew closer Cate had to feign her injuries more, she started to hobble, getting both Astrid and Mike to support her. "Right, one of you is going to have to seek out the Schnapper and its Captain as I'm suffering from swallowing too much sea water and everything else that goes with a sudden exit of a fast jet hitting the water. You can explain that you do at least know who I am..." She drew out a sea sodden wallet with her ID inside. "...plus as we know my, or her photo was plastered over the newspapers in both countries a day ago. Astrid?" She was the most likely choice at the moment.

Far Dareis Mai

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • First Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 54
  • Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2018, 12:16:29 AM »

< Gotland, Irevik >

"Then just keep your head down, no one say anything to give away anything, and let's just get to the boat. And for God's sake, let me do the talking, because it's hard enough trying to understand anyone here." Astrid whispered as they approached the village.

It took some convincing, as well as a fair bit of acting on Astrid's part, to locate the boat in question, but an elderly farmer who was either hard of hearing or their dialect differences were worse than she thought they would be finally pointed her in the right direction.

Once that was done, it took some convincing to get the Captain to take them to Germany, but the promise of a reward from the Luftwaffe for returning a hero of the Reich seemed to be what did the trick.

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!
« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2018, 03:00:12 PM »

< East of the Island of Gotland, Die Schnapper >

Keeping quiet wasn’t hard since he understood absolutely nothing about what Astrid spoke to the Captain about, but one thing was for sure, and it made him grin a bit – Jim Hanson had been so wrong! Her native language sounded nothing like that crazy Muppet chef.

It was with trepidation and a thumping heart that Mike boarded the boat that would take them due south and straight in to enemy territory. By this time he’d asked himself over and over again why he’d volunteered for this mission. And over and over again he internally drew blanks. He’d done a lot of crazy things in his life, but this would most definitely get in to the top three. Well, saving the world from eternal domination of the Goa’uld was honorable, but was it smart to volunteer when you usually were a non-combatant? Most likely not…

What he hoped for now while they were in transit though, was that they would be allowed to have a bit of privacy so that he could tend to Cate’s wounds. Because no matter how sturdy and stubborn that woman was, not even her system would be able to fight off a massive infection if it was allowed to set in at this time and place.
That he would be able to focus on something else other than their destination, would of course be a welcome distraction too.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2018, 09:53:19 PM »

So far so good. The Captain of the boat took them in almost without question, there was one; that being concerning Mike and his origins. That being the Polish Doctor Michael Szymanowski had his passport and ID card thoroughly examined by the Gestapo agent on board, there was hesitation but after the Captain intervened telling the idiot that the man should be rewarded for helping to save a national hero, soon had him on the outer with the rest of the crew. By a strange quirk of fate, not long after setting out from Gotland as the boat headed towards Hamburg on its 13 hour journey, heavy seas were encountered off the island of Bornholm, the Gestapo agent went missing, presumed fallen over board.

"That was...interesting." Cate said in broken English to her companions. It had been decided that since all three were 'supposed' to be from differing countries (which they were in fact), that rough learned English was the easiest way to communicate for Mike. He was reasonable of course with the language, it just made it look more believable as it was. The crew had left them alone down below to weather out the journey, such as it was Cate had been sick twice, genuinely, making her ordeal even more authentic. "So, good Doctor I will live no? We live in strange times do we not?" Even without seeing the sailors around them the pretense had to be kept up. "Frauline Anna, Herr Doctor I owe you both my life. I am certain a proper reward will be given to you both." She lowered her voice to a bare whisper. "How far away are we from Hamburg?"
Far Dareis Mai
Pages: 1 2 [3]

lethal-pageant