Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11

Author Topic: 1944 France-Germany  (Read 1815 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 244
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
1944 France-Germany
« on: June 15, 2018, 05:35:36 PM »

Mission directive: Land at Alsace France, cross border to search for Warehouse in Baden Baden. Major Fred Rivers, CPO Cooper Morgan, Flt Lt Robyn Hatfield and Capt Amir Taer.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 11:58:37 PM by Mim »
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Bluebell722

• Senior Master Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Bluebell722 hides in shadows.
Re: 1944 France-Germany
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2018, 02:37:24 PM »

>>From Northern Europe>>

<401-23>

Jon recognized France from the air, though he hadn't spent as long there as in other places. He hummed one of Rodolfo's arias from La Boheme as he guided the 401 through the air.

Once the nav system let him know they were approaching the coordinates, he tapped on the radio.

"Ladies and gents who are departing Air Nealson at Alsace, are you ready for beam down?"

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!
  • If the Day does not require an AK then it is Good.
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2018, 04:29:54 PM »

Major Fred Rivers
AKA Captain Harry Savage

Fred stopped for a moment as he looked to the Chief Petty Officer. "The point Chief. Is not to trade it for money, but information. Stroke some pompos French Resistance Commanders Ego by giving him a fine prize that he can claim he won from a Nazi." He said with a shrug as he patted the pistol in his pocket. He sighed for a moment not liking the idea of not having a radio. He felt stupid for not getting a field radio made that had their up to date tech build in, hell in the size of a radio of the era you could fit all sorts of kit in their, a radio, light signs detector and everything. Hindsight was a wonderful thing. He took a moment to check over his rifle one last time before cambering a round. If they ended up in a position of needing to fight as soon as they materialised he wanted to get the first shot off. He frowned as he looked to the Marine Captain.
"I assume your armed Marine?" He asked. Good thing he was bringing the STEN Guns at this rate. A Four Member team and from the looks of it, only him and the chief were armed. he adjusted the spare belt and holster with the Hi Power for Hatfield so that the weight was a little more spread out over him. He looked to Hatfield, he may have been the ranking officer but he knew that meant nothing on a regular mission let alone something like this, and Hatfield had been the most involved with the planning stages out of everybody on the team.
"Ready when you are Flight Left-enant."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2018, 09:55:57 PM »

If someone else asked her, as in say her parents or brothers and sister asked her, Robyn would of course be straight up and tell them she was scared witless. As simple as that. Yet deep down in her soul she knew they were doing this, all of them were, so that the future could be preserved and that when they returned (if they returned and if they were successful) their children and grandchildren would have a future. Nor did she like beaming particularly either. Bobbie swallowed hard, very hard to stop her stomach coming up into her throat. She knew that that other Bobbie out there somewhere could have been a check out chick, got married had a sweet husband, two and half kids, a labrador and a station wagon. She was somewhere but not here. "As ready as I will ever be Major. Jon, send us down now." She yelled the last part so Nealson could hear her.
Far Dareis Mai

Veteran52

• Staff Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Veteran52 Thumb turning green.Veteran52 Thumb turning green.
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2018, 04:17:05 PM »

The Chief looked over at the Major as he was speaking,thinking about this mission and his team-mates. He also didn't want to foul up or get into any 'bad situations'! The Captain certainly looked like he could handle himself.  Cooper remembered working with and doing some training with the Marines when he first enlisted.  He smiled at the Lieutenant and then the Major and the Captain and said.."Understood Sir, just thought that trading in an unknown environment, with people we don't know could be risky.  But, I see your point..if the Resistance has info that we can use, a luger could come in very handy and could help us immensely on the mission! 
"In the words of my fav sci-fi series..Major, Captain, Lieutenant, Ready to beam down!"

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2018, 11:34:26 PM »

<401-23>

{Lt Jon Nealson} NPC'd

"In five, four, three, ,,,good luck team 3...two, one..." Jon tapped the beaming node sending Hatfield's team below. He checked the time, it was now 0312 GMT, that meant the sun would soon be up by the time he had the ship in Switzerland, hopefully not. But then again they had cloaking. "Alright then Doctor Jackson, Lieutenant Troy, we're the last so its off to the Mecca of Chocolate."

>>To Switzerland>>

@Troy @DanielRyder
Far Dareis Mai

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2018, 12:39:17 AM »

<Alsace France>

The four of them appeared in what appeared to be a foyer of some kind, in a rather large building. Behind Bobbie was a staircase leading upwards, a single door obviously leading out into the street was some five meters directly in front of her. Why or how Nealson sent them to this particular location was a vague question in Bobbie's mind, a building, why not somewhere secluded on the street. Then it struck her that perhaps in their own time line this building was open space having been demolished since the war; that would make sense since many of the locations they scouted were taken from satellite images, although they were referenced to maps of the day. Maybe they missed this one.

"Come on, it'll be daylight soon, we need to get across the border as quickly as we can." Taking just one step a soft voice came out of the shadows carrying with it an all too strong reek of cheap perfume.

"Can I help you Mademoiselle? I must say though we only service gentlemen here in this establishment." The voice was young, a little too young and in the dim light Bobbie could see a face no more than sixteen. The girl continued quickly. "But oh, I see you have your own gentlemen, perhaps you are looking for a room for your clients?"

Of course everything was in French and while Bobbie spoke the language reasonably, she was no native speaker either. It took her a few moments to understand what was said. "I will kill you Jon." She said inside her head before answering the kid. "Forgive me Fraulein we seem to have stumbled in her by mistake. Can you direct me to the nearest border crossing?" Bobbie replied in French but with a heavy Bavarian accent, hopefully she pulled it off well enough.

"Oh! My...I am sorry, I am terribly sorry. Yes we do not stand out, most of my um..clients are officers of your army. Please, I will show you." She took them not to the front door, but around the staircase and then through a kitchen.

Bobbie turned to her companions and while she was aware that Fred didn't most likely understand what was being said, she hoped he'd get the intention. "She will show us the way, I hope we're not too far off course." That she said in German perfectly, then followed the girl quickly. In the far distance the deep rumbling of the Allied bombing could be heard.

@Bowsy 112 @Veteran52 @DanielRyder
Far Dareis Mai

Troy

• Second Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • Troy is a rising star!Troy is a rising star!Troy is a rising star!Troy is a rising star!Troy is a rising star!Troy is a rising star!
Re: 1944 Northern Europe
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2018, 02:44:41 PM »

<401-302>

Once their slingshot around the black hole was complete and they settled into a stable flight path, William pulled up maps of the area on a tablet and began studying them. The only time he'd been to the Swiss Alps was a weekend skii trip while in England. Even in the 21st century it wouldn't do well to get lost in those mountains, much less the 1940's while tracking down a hostile Alien.

When a spot opened up, he moved towards the front of the craft.
"You do realize our part of the mission relies on 2 Lieutenants trapsing through the Swiss Alps?" Guess we'll really put our navigation skills to the test."

>>To Switzerland>>
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 04:21:37 PM by Mim »

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2018, 04:16:44 PM »

Major Fred Rivers
AKA Captain Harry Savage

Fred slowly followed a group. He managed to catch on to the 'mistake' in their drop location. He had spend enough time in Ypers in the early nineties, there had been a few establishments that still served the same purpose as this place did. Thanks to Flemmish having a good smattering of French as its building blocks he could pick up on the basic details. He took a position at the rear of the group, ushering Cooper and Taer before him. As they passed a staircase though Fred noticed a coat stand and saw a few jackets hung over it, more specifically he saw a selection of German Military Smocks clearly belonging to those enjoying the establishment. He was sure they would serve a use. So he took then and quickly stuffed them in to his messenger bag. He then saw a selection of caps. a few officer caps and enlisted caps, He quickly grabbed those as well and tucked them inside his jacket before catching up, He was careful not to be seen. Again he was sure these would come in useful. At a distance the smock and caps would be enough to pass any check point at a distance. He kept his rifle slung over his shoulder, thankfully he didnt over react when the woman addressed them. He had honestly been thinking they would more than likely end up in the middle of a German patrol not here.

Veteran52

• Staff Sergeant
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2018, 04:20:42 PM »

Cooper was surprised when they materialized inside a building, glad it wasn't 'within' the building walls!  The  young lady that appeared before them was a surprise, but, following the Leutnants lead and listening very closely, he picked up her few words and almost grinned. His French was virtually non-existant, but his German helped, so he knew they were leaving and, with the quick movements of the Major, he and the Captain moved ahead.  But, he did notice the coat rack and the various jackets and officers caps.  But, with the girl leading them out, he couldn't easily grab any of the available clothing!  He shifted his rucksack and followed along, hoping for the least possible resistance while they moved towards the boarder,all the time, he listened.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2018, 06:53:22 PM »

<Alsace France-Ribeauville>

As they reached the back door the girl opened it just a crack, she looked out cautiously then opened it fully. "You must hurry, I am watched night and day by the Gestapo, they suspect that I am not truly what I appear to be." Was she giving a hint? Why would she trust these strangers to let on anything at all?

"I didn't see nor hear anything alright?" Bobbie told her. "Your German is good, so I suspect you've been doing something perhaps your French side of the border may not approve of am I correct?"

"No, they approve, the Gestapo does not, or at least they feel enough to investigate me. Now please hurry. Go straight up this lane way for two hundred meters, then turn left on Rue de Plas, follow that straight through Marckolsheim where you will find the crossing five hundred meters further on. You will have about an hour and half walk. God be with you." She stepped back to let them pass, Bobbie wanted to know more about the girl but in her heart she suddenly realized what was going on; this teenager was working for the Resistance, having these German officers here in this establishment was a way of finding out intelligence, a dangerous thing to do for one so young.

"Thank you. Take care of yourself girl, perhaps we'll meet again." The look in her eyes was one of compassion, Bobbie gave her a quick hug before ducking out the door to wait for her comrades. Frankly so early in the mission she was already scared out of her wits. "Don't say a word. I know what you are thinking." She told the others. "It's going to be sunrise soon so we have a hard march to get on with. The Allies will change from the night time British bombing to the American's daylight missions, we won't have much peace once we cross the border so let's pray that Reynolds has gotten to the High Command before we get to the border."

@DanielRyder @Bowsy 112 @Veteran52
Far Dareis Mai

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!
  • I already lost one captain. I won't lose another
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2018, 11:03:13 PM »

AKA Cyrus Armin

<Alsace France-Ribeauville>

Before, when they beamed in to start their mission, Taer had appeared before the wall. His nose barely touched the wall when he was facing it. Closing his eyes, he exhaled and muttered softly. Walking out of the building, he followed the group. Thinking back when he listened to the conversation, Taer nodded as he understood some of the french being spoken. It had been awhile since he heard it. However, fluently speaking it is another story. He could use some practice for the mission. At least, he'd be doing something useful.

When Robyn said no words, Taer understood that nodded briefly to give his word of silence. They did not need to reveal their location. They were in enemy territory, so he had to be ready.

I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2018, 01:49:23 AM »

Major Fred Rivers
AKA Captain Harry Savage

As Fred followed the group outside he tugged on one of the enlisted ranks caps he had pinched and slid the others in to a large pocket on the back of the bad he carried. He contemplated handing out the others. Plus the STEN guns. But decided it would be better to wait. Besides if the others wanted to arm themselves with them they could.
"They are probobly bombing close to twenty four seven right now. But we should be fine as long as we stay off any main roads for as long as possible."

Veteran52

• Staff Sergeant
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2018, 05:34:16 PM »

Cooper scanned the area around the exit and saw the coast was clear.  He wished for his shades, but they would have been noticed here.  The group was moving out at a good pace and he thought they might just make it out of the village before they encountered any possible opposition.  When the time came, he decided to request his Sten-gun from the Major.  The luger was fine where it was, but he would feel better with a better weapon that would be easier and had more punch.  He looked for a chance to get the Majors attention."Sir, when we get a chance, I would like to get a sten-gun from your kit"

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2018, 12:33:18 AM »

{Frau Roberta Hanna}

Robyn followed the directions from the girl, setting a reasonable walking stride. They had the advantage still of relative darkness with the only light coming from across the border some miles away to the north east. She jumped every time a bomb exploded thinking only of the terror some of those innocent civilians would be going through. War was hell and it was so true, always those who wanted nothing more than peace suffered the most. Twice they had to duck and hide from German patrols, she wasn't ready for that kind of confrontation just yet and it was after the second time an idea struck her that would make it easier for them to pass through. "Fred, we need to dump those Stens, other than our Brit mates no one around here is using them unless they're French resistance. We need to get our hands on some of those German machine guns like those blokes were carrying." The ones they passed a moment ago. "So, we need a plan and a damned good one before we get to the border and before daylight. Cooper, Taer, any ideas along that thought?" She did have her own, but that was going to be quite dramatic.

This weapon

@DanielRyder @Bowsy 112 @Veteran52
« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 12:51:39 AM by Mim »
Far Dareis Mai
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11

lethal-pageant