Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: 1944 Switzerland-Germany  (Read 882 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 227
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
1944 Switzerland-Germany
« on: June 15, 2018, 05:42:35 PM »

Mission Directive: Land 401 in wilderness area of Wittenau Switzerland. Descend 1,000 mtrs by foot to border area, cross near Friedrichshafen, Germany during air raid then head for suspect SS facility located north east at Ravensburg. This where the Stargate may be hidden in one of 11 bunkers located underground. Lt Jon Nealson, Lt William Troy, Doctor Daniel Jackson.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 11:54:53 PM by Mim »
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Bluebell722

• Master Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Bluebell722 hides in shadows.
Re: 1944 Switzerland-Germany
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2018, 11:54:06 PM »

<401-32>

"All right, team, I'm getting ready to take her in for a landing. Strap in and hold on."

Jon checked the nav system, took the craft off of auto, made sure he was heading for the landing coordinates. He'd have to keep the craft cloaked, make sure he chose a landing spot that would look mostly undisturbed with the 401 in the midst of it. As the ground drew closer, he scanned the nav readouts, found what looked like a fairly open clearing in the middle of a heavily forested section, a place that seemed unlikely to get much in the way of foot traffic.

As much as flight tech had made leaps and bounds as far as automated functions, this type of landing required a human hand.

This was what Jon lived for.

Most days.

Jon affected the politely bored tone of a commercial airline pilot.

"Ladies and gentlemen, we are ready to start our descent into the barren wilderness of Wittnau. Please make sure your tray tables and seats are in their upright and locked positions."

@Troy @DanielRyder

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 54
  • DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.
  • I already lost one captain. I won't lose another
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2018, 01:38:50 PM »

Doctor Daniel Jackson

Daniel looked up for a brief moment from his studies of the area. When they arrived, he was looking through the archives for historical documents of the area they were headed to. It never hurt to be familiar with the place. Their destination would be in Switzerland. Listening to Jon, he responded, Alright. Doctor, ah, Jackson is, umm. I'm ready, of course."

He muttered as his brow creased together. In all of his notes as it was scrambled a bit so he forgot the name he was supposed to be. He muttered hoping someone in the group would remember, "Either one of you remember who I'm supposed to be? I seem to have forgotten but I know I'm Doctor Jackson." It was a joke. Almost a joke. Daniel sighed. His notes were a mess and he had put the name he was going as somewhere in there. It was going to be a long mission.

@Troy  @Bluebell722

I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

Troy

• Second Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Troy is a rising star!Troy is a rising star!Troy is a rising star!Troy is a rising star!Troy is a rising star!Troy is a rising star!
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2018, 06:03:30 PM »

<401-32>

William powered off the tablet and placed it in a nearby storage compartment. Once that was done, he strapped down in the co-pilot's seat just as the craft began it's descent. He looked out the window as the forest grew larger. At first he was unsure of where they would land, but a clearing big enough to hold the craft could be seen.

Dr Jackson's question stumped him as well.

"Good question Doc. Afraid I don't know the answer to that one."

Bluebell722

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2018, 12:15:25 AM »

<401-32>

Jon was momentarily distracted from the task of landing the 401 by the fact that Daniel didn't know his own alias. While Daniel was sometimes the very definition of the absent-minded professor, for him not to know a key detail like that was - unusual, to say the least.

"Ian Jackson," he said. "Not sure about your salutation or level of education. I was planning on calling you just Jackson anyway, because that's one less thing for me to worry about. Don't want to grandfather paradox yourself or whatnot."

Then he tuned out the others and set the guiding the craft smoothly down to the ground. It landed, and he started post-flight checks, powering down, making sure all the systems were off. He didn't want to kill the power source or leave something on that would make a noise, alert a nosy local to the ship's presence. He did, however, have to make sure the cloak was up and running - and that he didn't forget the proverbial car keys.

He took a deep breath as he shut down the last of the systems.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to Wittenau, Switzerland. Thank you for flying Air Nealson. The local time is...1944. Please be careful when opening the overheard compartments as contents may have shifted during the flight."

He unbuckled himself, stood up, stretched. Then he went to find his pack, make sure he had all the gear he should and no gear he shouldn't - like a digital wristwatch; he'd traded that in for a period-appropriate aviator's watch with some flight-useful complications - and then headed for the door. He would go out last, lock up behind himself.

Troy

• Second Lieutenant
  • Troy is a rising star!Troy is a rising star!Troy is a rising star!Troy is a rising star!Troy is a rising star!Troy is a rising star!
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2018, 08:19:27 AM »

Once the craft set down in the forest clearing, William followed Lt Nealson's example of ensuring that all items from the 'future' were secured on the ship. On the off chance they were captured, or lost something, they didn't want to contaminate the timeline any further than necessary.

When he was confident everything was ready, he opened the hatch and stepped out into the sunshine. A quick look around showed no one else around which was a good sign.

Bluebell722

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2018, 12:45:43 PM »

<Wittenau - 401-32 landing site>

"The route's pretty simple - about one klick east to the border, then we stick pretty close to the Obersee Bodensee," Jon said, fishing in his jacket pockets for a map and compass. "It's about a nine-hour hike to Friedrichshafen. Northeast from there to Ravensburg. Ready when you are."

@DanielRyder @Troy

Troy

• Second Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2018, 08:54:06 PM »

"Everybody remember where we parked."

William quiped as the cloaking device activated. He then listened as Jon explained the route they would take. He already had a good idea where they were heading, but was glad for the confirmation.

"A nice nine hour hike through the Alps. Could be worse, this could be the dead of winter."

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 54
  • DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.
  • I already lost one captain. I won't lose another
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2018, 08:16:40 PM »

Doctor Daniel Jackson

"Of course. I got the location somewhere in my notes in case we forgot," Daniel sighed watching the 401 shimmer as it cloaked.

Ian Jackson. Of course. Now the mission...

Daniel turned back around and followed quickly behind Jon and Troy. He nodded as he added, "If we ever get cold. Just think warm thoughts."
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

Bluebell722

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2018, 09:18:43 PM »

Jon marked the location of the landing site on the map for good measure, then studied his compass, oriented himself Eastward, and set off.

"Warm thoughts. Are those like warm colors - red, orange, yellow?"

There was a certain pace that Jon had gotten good at marching at in basic, the kind of pace he could set and go for seemingly forever, so long as his pace was decent and his gait was smooth. His body would set into perpetual motion, as it were, and he'd go. Unfortunately, that pace was really only useful on long stretches of flat terrain, and they were in the mountains. He'd have to pick his way down carefully, because none of them could afford to be injured.

As he walked, he wondered if he should have packed a Goa'uld healing device. He still had naquadah in his blood. That would be handy to have, since even though Troy was a medic, he had emergency supplies at best, and this was a time-travel mission. A man ought to expect the worst.

Jon wondered about the wisdom of having one of those little ring-blaster things like that Ashrak had been wielding. It was small, easily concealed, and not something someone else could use against him in the event they managed to disarm him.

He’d have to talk to someone about getting his hands on that kind of gear before his next offworld mission.

Daniel had always thought he was empty-headed, spaced out on long hikes offworld.

But he was thinking, and watching, and quietly dreading when the worst befell them.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 05:21:49 PM by Bluebell722 »

Troy

• Second Lieutenant
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2018, 07:39:44 PM »

<Wittenau>

The team walked in relative silence for a while, with William occasionally pulling out his compass to ensure they were still on the correct course. Even with the War on, this was still a fairly safe area to be in. Switzerland continued their trend from WW1 and remained neutral.

After a bit, William decided to break the silence.
"So Jon, why'd you choose the Marines?"

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2018, 08:29:09 PM »

<Wittenau to Ravensburg>
 <Border>

As our trio strolled along within the freedom of neutral Switzerland it was if World War two didn't happen. There was very little military presence apart from the odd truck or motorcycle heading either from or two the border; on two occasions a car passed them by with passengers who could have been escaped POW's by the look of them, they were lucky.

Nearing the border things became a little more active as it was nearing dawn, there were more soldiers to be seen, and of course that immense barbed wire fence that traversed the entire border line; with access to Germany only through designated border posts. There were of course other ways, while the Nazis were naturally on the lookout for those escaping, there was far less scrutiny for those who may want to sneak into their lands.

A pair of young men with sheep, perhaps twenty or so came towards them. The woolen coated animals probably being herded to have their heavy coats clipped for the summer.
Far Dareis Mai

Bluebell722

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2018, 08:56:25 PM »

<Wittenau to Ravensburg - Border

Jon kept his voice low as they approached the two shepherds. “A lot of people expected me to join the Air Force. Seemed kinda cliche. I hate cliches. What about you? How did you pick your branch of service?”

He wasn’t a fan of small talk, but he understood it was good to build rapport with the people he was working with, and didn’t have much in the way of rapport with either of them.

He glanced over his shoulder at Jackson, then eyed the shepherds some more.

“Hey Doc, could you use your polyglot powers to talk to these guys, maybe get a sense of where security might be thin on the ground so we could cross? Or, you know, borrow wheels or something.”

@DanielRyder

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2018, 10:24:06 PM »

<Wittenau to Ravensburg - Border>

It had been a long time since Daniel had done anything even remotely like this, walking for the sake of walking and what a beautiful land to be doing it in. His eyes were everywhere, the trees, the mountains, everything he took in and breathed deeply. Surely if there were a paradise on Earth this was it as he wasn't one to think of a remote tropical island as a paradise in his mind's eye.

As the herders and their sheep came into view, all that did was affirm Daniel's opinion of where they were. "Probably to annoy Ja..." Then he realized that William most likely had no idea who Jon really was. "I meant to say he probably join the Marines to tick someone off. You both know Cate MacGregor right. Why do you think she joined the Air Force when both parents were Navy." He was musing just a little. They continued walking until they were almost abreast of the young men and their woolly charges when Nealson brought his attention to them. "Despite what people think, it has its disadvantages Jon. I'll give it a try but you know I did always struggle with German."

He walked ahead the few yards that separated them. "Excuse me, we seem to be lost. Can you erm, direct us to a safe route across the border?" He asked them in near perfect Deutsch.

The boys, for that was what they were looked at one another. "Your German is fair sir, but I think you are American is that not so?" The older boy replied. "We can speak English if that is easier for you."

Daniel faltered a little, then waved his friends over. "Yes we are and thank you. I'm Ian Jackson, my friends here are Patrick O'Neill and John Huxley. We um..." How do you tell someone you want to sneak into the Naziland? "...well we need to cross the border unseen if you know what I mean."

Again the boys looked at one another. "I should ask why, but that is your business Mister Jackson. The Germans allow us at times to graze our sheep on their hillsides, but not officially if you know what I mean. Down there along the fenceline three hundred meters away.." He pointed East. "...there is a part of the wire that has been dug away underneath, it is hidden by thick trees either side and please sir, if you happen to be caught you did not hear that from us. A good day to you." They both continued on behind their sheep with a border collie not far behind them.

"Well okay thank you, um bye." He said leaving him scratching his head. "Guys, I think we have a way into Germany." Daniel told his friends as he walked back towards them.
Far Dareis Mai

Bluebell722

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2018, 10:35:19 AM »

Jon straightened up when Daniel approached, delivered his good news.

"Excellent. Please skip the part where you talk fast and talk lots and give us the directions, and we will make this happen. It was always a goal of mine to avoid being captured by Nazi forces, and you know me - I'm an achiever."
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

lethal-pageant