Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Message in a bottle-2011  (Read 421 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 208
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Message in a bottle-2011
« on: March 21, 2018, 08:25:02 PM »

1938:

The Stargate found ten years earlier had inadvertently been used by a very young Catherine Langford, taking her to the planet we know decades later as Abydos. This of course brought Earth to the attention of the Goa’uld, a quirk of fate that went hidden in secret until 1994 when a team was assembled under the command of Colonel Jack O’Neill.

2011:

After all the battles, the wins and losses on both sides a relative peace dwelled in the galaxy for a time. Earth and indeed all those in the Milky Way galaxy had not too long ago recovered from what might have been the end of everything they knew at the hands of an invader from another galaxy, known as the Destroyers they sought to change everything to their own design.

There was one Goa’uld who had remained hidden for thousands of years who chose to merely observe the machinations of her brethren, Tefnut, a scion of Ra finally had enough. Seeing the humans of Earth as the problem behind all the Goa’uld failures in the last two decades, she decided it was time to end it. To do this she found a way to go back in time with a plan to steal the Stargate well before any further damage could be done. The plan was simple but flawed, she was soon discovered and in panic she quickly changed her initial idea by convincing the Germans who had tentative control over the device to take it back to their lands. A daring raid by Brandenburger commandos led to the Stargate being recovered and smuggled back to Germany in 1941. However, the dialing device, which had been in Germany since before the Stargate had been originally found, was missing. Records of its location had been lost in the Reichstag fire in 1933, and finding anyone who knew of it was proving difficult for the Germans. The Gestapo and SS couldn’t be bothered with the task of finding anyone who knew where the DHD was, so the task was subordinated to the Abwehr, Germany’s intelligence arm. Curious as to why the Fuhrer had put any merit into such a strange plan, Admiral Wilhelm Canaris tasked a small team of his agents to locate a Doctor Catherine Langford, after discovering that she was tied to a missing SS officer, Sturmbanfuhrer Wilhelm Brucke. Doctor Langford was found and arrested in late 1943. However, the Abwehr instead transferred her to neutral Switzerland, where the lead agent introduced her to an OSS agent, Major Matt Baker, who was really Lieutenant Colonel Cameron Mitchell. Langford helped cook up a plan with the OSS and Abwehr, which would keep the DHD from Tefnut and spoil her plans while they figured out a way to get the Stargate back to the United States.

The DHD itself was shipped to a salt mine in Austria that was being used as a storehouse for all of the plundered cultural artifacts and riches from across Europe, the last place anyone would think to look for it. But just in case, Mitchell had the crystals removed and sent somewhere else, Rome, as he feared that the Goa’uld may still yet locate the DHD in Austria, and by putting it in Rome, it would be right near the frontlines and make recovering it by their agents very difficult. Canaris continued to include information regarding this seemingly insane and wasteful plan when he was reporting to the OSS and SOE, but he did not know about Tefnut’s new plan. Realizing that the Germans were proving not the most reliable allies, she needed to find someone else to find the DHD. The Americans and British were out of the question, as they were the very people who had spearheaded the defeats she was trying to stop. The Italians were losing control of their own country, and the French couldn’t be trusted. While the Soviets comprised the people who also had contributed to the downfall of the Goa’uld, they were led by a man who commanded through fear like a proper System Lord, and she knew then who she could tempt to achieve her goals. Tefnut promised the Soviet Union not only the means to defeat the Germans, but also assure their dominance over the western Allies, but they had to find parts of the device. A team of NKVD agents were dispatched to scour Central Europe for the DHD, with orders that anyone, regardless of who they were, that interfered was to be disposed of. With the Germans and Soviets looking, she was now assured her prize, and the more Tau’ri that died the better.

One other problem emerged for her. One of her own minor Goa’uld chose to defect soon after she was gone, he going to a newly minted System Lord in the form of Allienna. He told her everything which led to her own fears that all she knew would cease to exist if Tefnut was successful in the end. Allienna went to Earth as soon as she could, landing in her cloaked Al-Kesh not far from the home of Sam Carter and Jack O’Neill. She told Sam everything, provided evidence leaving her to do what she could to save not only Earth, but the galaxy at large. For a part of Tefnut’s plan, was after she had secured the Stargate, she would return to the present time and eliminate Earth entirely.

Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
Re: Message in a bottle-2011
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2018, 07:03:26 PM »

<Sam and Jack's place>

By the time Allienna left her, it was past midnight. Sam knew though that Jack would still be up going over details with the base commander for the commissioning of their newest warship the Victory after her work up trials. That was to happen within the next day or so. She picked up the phone, hitting the speed dial to her husband's cell phone then waited.
Far Dareis Mai

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • First Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 54
  • Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2018, 01:04:55 AM »

*PHONE*

"Yeah, Sam, what's up? Aside from you at this ungodly hour..."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2018, 07:06:49 PM »

Her head was full of possibilities, it wasn't that she didn't believe Allienna, it was more she did. But that in itself gave Sam the heebie jeebies because she knew only too well what it meant; the experience with Ba'al taught her that.

"Well the kids needed feeding didn't they?" That was four hours ago, she realized then just how long she had Allienna with her. So very slowly, emphasizing each point Sam told Jack exactly what happened. Going into detail exactly what she thought could and would happen if they didn't do something, telling him without getting too technical that they had roughly twenty one days to fix this, otherwise after that the time dilation effect would commence soon after that with the things they knew that existed now, starting to disappear. "I'm working on a theory now Jack, as to how we can get back there quickly. We could wait for the right moment with the sunspots and possibly gate back in time. But that is far too risky as we have no idea what might be waiting for us on the other side. We need to assemble a team on a volunteer basis as I know we both can see this as a possible one way mission." She paused in thought. "Since we don't have time to call McKay, I'll need Cate MacGregor to assist me with the calculations. We'll need a 401 as well...don't ask just now, I'll fill you in when I get there, if our permutations are correct."
Far Dareis Mai

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • First Lieutenant
  • Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2018, 09:49:03 PM »

*PHONE*

"Yeah, it's also after midnight, Sam. We're going to have a heck of a time getting anyone to volunteer right away. I'll call Area 51, but you can call MacGregor."

"...we might have some volunteer material though. Hold on. Bring McRaven up to speed, I'm going to go see who just came through the gate."

"Good evening, Colonel. What's got Jack in a flurry of activity all of the sudden?"

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2018, 12:52:09 AM »

Sam yawned rather loudly, it was way passed her bedtime now something she hadn't been used to for over a year, keeping up late. Generally when Jack was home, the two of them were in bed by 9, though with the tempo of late that had been getting stretched out further and further. "Tell me about it, I'm keeping my eyes open with match sticks right now." She yawned again. "I know, we have a little time but not by much. We can send out a mass text message to all SG team members and anyone else Walter can add to the list, by morning they will all see it. I don't know how many will come running because we need to be truthful on this." She was worried, not that they'd have a small response by any measure, both Sam and Jack knew their people well enough.

"I'll call her shortly, Cate unlike me is a night owl, I doubt she'd be in bed right now if my guess is correct. Good luck Jack." That was all she had time for when Ian got on the line.

"Morning now Admiral." This time she held the yawn back. "Welllll..." She emphasized the 'L' way too much, that was how tired she was. "It started about four hours ago just after I  put the the kids to bed...." Then she went into as thorough detail with Ian as she did with her hubby. She finished up with the statement. "...if we can't or don't fix this we're screwed." Not the sort of thing she would normally say, but it was too late to take it back now.
Far Dareis Mai

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • First Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2018, 11:27:32 PM »

*PHONE*

"Colonel, as insane as this sounds, and it's quite high up there, I'm not going to waste time here. You have my support, whatever and whoever you need is at your disposal. I'll suspend all off-world operations if I have to in order to do so. I'm also sending you a driver, Colonel. I don't need you wiping out on the way here from sleep deprivation." Ian said, "But this is going to take priority. Everyone who has sat in this chair before me has some very grave advise regarding time travel and its consequences, so I'm treating this as seriously as they would. I'll have Doctor Lee brought in if I can find him, as well."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2018, 07:40:56 PM »

"Thank you admiral, we're going to need every resource we can on this. By that I mean personnel so far, physical resources other than my request for a 401 won't be required at this stage. Could you hold for a moment." Sam picked up her cellphone, hit the speed dial for Cate's number. It rang once.

"Sam what are you doing up" The Aussie said from the other end.

"I'll explain quickly." Sam told her everything, there was a moments silence from Cate.

"Christ....." That was added with a lot of expletives which Sam was quite used to from MacGregor, she was nothing like her mother. "What do you need me to do?" She asked sincerely.

"Where are you now?" Sam asked.

"In your lab why?"

Sam raised an eyebrow. "What are you...never mind. I'll be there in 30 minutes. While you're waiting, see if you can find the closest stellar black hole in this galaxy to us."

There was silence again until the answer came. "I'm on it. I'll have at least five options for you by the time you get here Sam." Cate rang off herself, Sam knew the woman would be most likely in searching even before she finished speaking.

"Sorry for the delay Admiral. Cate MacGregor is on base now, if Bill Lee is around anywhere which I doubt unless he's home fast asleep, we could use his help to crunch a few numbers. As for the driver.....much appreciated. I'll just need to organize someone to take care of the kids for me." She knew who to call. "I told Cate I'd be there in about 30 minutes." Sam made another call to Kim, she received an equally sleepy reply but a fast conformation. She'd be there shortly with Sophie.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 02:18:42 AM by Mim »
Far Dareis Mai

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • First Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2018, 05:45:50 PM »

*Phone*

"Alright, I'm going to take care of things on my side while I wait."

"I'll send someone for Doctor Lee. In the meantime, I've also sent SFs to watch over the place. I don't want this to turn out to be some Goa'uld plot to attack you or your family. They'll stay out of the way but I'd rather be safe than sorry."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2018, 02:40:09 AM »

*Text messages arrive on all cellphones notifying all personnel of the need for volunteers, briefly outlining the mission*

"Good girl." Sam mumbled when she saw the text on her own cellphone. Back on the landline she wasn't sure exactly what she could say to Ian, she appreciated the security detail yet she thought it was unnecessary. She was about to tell him so. "Thank you Admiral but that won't be..." Then she stopped mid sentence. "...scrub whatever I was about to say, I'd be grateful. Right now I don't have the wherewithal to watch my back so having a couple of strong arms around will ease my mind. In the meantime Lieutenant Brownwell's text has arrived so I expect most everyone will have it by now. I'll have Cate head down to the briefing room ahead of me if she has found what I asked her to look for."

Sam then sent her own text message, instructing Cate to go to the briefing room directly if she had finished the task set for her. She hit send.

Far Dareis Mai