Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: 1944 Switzerland-Germany  (Read 1124 times)

Bluebell722

• Master Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Bluebell722 hides in shadows.
Re: 1944 Switzerland-Germany
« Reply #45 on: July 30, 2018, 09:04:27 PM »

<<Treeline beside railroad leading to Friedrichshafen>>

Jon lowered his rifle, drew back further into the trees. "River sounds good. We can stick close to a fresh water supply. If it leads us toward Friedrichshafen, even better. I'll take point. Huxley, on our six. Jackson, in the middle. I know you're gate-rated and have plenty of combat experience but - just humor me."

He made sure he had all his gear to hand, straightened up, listened for the sound of running water to head toward.

Troy

• Second Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • Troy is a rising star!Troy is a rising star!Troy is a rising star!Troy is a rising star!Troy is a rising star!Troy is a rising star!
« Reply #46 on: July 31, 2018, 07:49:52 PM »

<<Treeline beside railroad leading to Friedrichshafen>>

Thankfully no one had any serious injuries from their unexpected departure. They then had to decide how to cover the remaining 5 kilometers to the target city.

"Agreed, the river is far enough from the train tracks. Plus, it leads to our destination so it makes for a good guide."

Waiting until the other two started moving, William took up the rear.
"Five K. We should be there in about an hour."

Bluebell722

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #47 on: July 31, 2018, 11:05:25 PM »

<<Treeline to stream leading to Friedrichshafen>>

“Never had a desire to run a 5k and I’m not going to change that now.”

Jon made sure he had all his gear, and then he set off parallel to the stream. The sooner they were back in their own time, the better.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 234
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #48 on: August 01, 2018, 02:30:01 AM »

"Can I just say at this point, that well you know I haven't had this much fun since 1969." Of course William might be puzzled by that statement, Jon naturally wouldn't and he'd know for sure what Daniel was getting at. The last time it was hitch hiking out of Colorado to New York, so much further than 5 kilometers.

They began the trek, at some places they were almost but not quite forced into the river. Once they had to duck and hide as a Nazi river boat patrol passed them by. Apart from that it had turned out to be a splendid European summer's day with Daniel wishing so much they could simply stop and smell the roses literally. Fifty minutes into their walk the town outskirts came into view; there was a large Romanesque bridge crossing the river in front of them. "We can get under there and start planning our next move. Hopefully this map Sam gave me is accurate for the day, otherwise we're up the river...pardon the pun."
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Bluebell722

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #49 on: August 01, 2018, 08:54:08 PM »

<<Outskirts of Friedrichshafen under a bridge>>

"1969 was...groovy," Jon offered.

Pausing under the bridge was a good idea, so he did so, but he unslung his rifle to be safe.

"You know, I recall in the mission briefing that there was going to be an Allied bombing raid on Friedrichshafen, but it wasn't supposed to start till we'd been here about five hours. The hit on the train must have been a precursor. Or maybe it just got done. Wasn't super clear. Next stop is Ravensburg. Gate likely located in an underground SS facility."

Troy

• Second Lieutenant
  • Troy is a rising star!Troy is a rising star!Troy is a rising star!Troy is a rising star!Troy is a rising star!Troy is a rising star!
« Reply #50 on: August 02, 2018, 03:55:17 PM »

William remembered something about SG-1 getting wrapped up in a predestination paradox, thus sending them back to the 60's.

"I'll take your word for it Doc., but glad you're having fun."

The team made it to the bridge near the city. There they took time to rest and gather their wits.

"Actually we need to find Herr Franz Schneider first. He's supposed to work out of a bakery on Wilhem Strasse."

Bluebell722

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #51 on: August 02, 2018, 08:54:21 PM »

"Glad someone's got his head in the game, Huxley. Don't want to go wandering through the streets armed like we are, though. How much time have we got? Can we wait till dark? Or do you want to stash our weapons up a tree and attempt to look like tourists?"

Jon peeked over Daniel's shoulder at his map, searching for the right street.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #52 on: August 03, 2018, 02:53:38 AM »

<Friedrichshafen>

"I'm not a war historian so I really can't say what that was all about, I mean the hit on the train. But I do believe in chance and maybe somehow that was a random hit with someone, I don't know who, but someone telling us we shouldn't have been on that train." He checked his watch quickly as he thought about the very thing Jon touched on. "Four hours and forty minutes but hopefully Colonel Reynolds and Coffin have done their magic and convinced the powers that be to divert the raids from our locations."

He glanced around. Looking up he saw a natural niche in the sandstone under the bridge. "Keep our side arms but hidden, stash the rest up there." He said casually, it made sense they can always come back for them. "Really..." He said to William. "...you had to be there." Daniel wanted to tell them both all about those SG1 glory days, but felt he'd most likely bore them to death.

"There." He pointed at the map. "So we're here.." Looking down at the scale on the bottom he worked out by holding his finger across it, then moving in knuckle sized steps up to Wilhelm Strasse. "About a kilometer give our take straight down that street off the bridge and the second street on the right. It's opposite what looks like a small park or something green at least." Also, he was starting to get hungry. 
Far Dareis Mai

Bluebell722

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #53 on: August 03, 2018, 11:07:11 AM »

<outskirts of Friedrichshafen under a bridge>

Jon nodded. "All right. Rifles and carbines we can stash under the bridge here. We won't be too weird if we have our packs with us. Innocent hikers, right?"

He set down his pack and rifle, and crouched, sprang. Caught one of the girders on the underside of the bridge and hauled himself up. Then he held out a hand out.

"Give me anything you want stashed. Out of sight, out of mind. And then maybe we can get some pastries from this baker."

Troy

• Second Lieutenant
« Reply #54 on: August 03, 2018, 08:20:31 PM »

"I agree, we should move forward. No point in waiting around."

Most the items wouldn't be needed to meet up with their contact, so William transferred a few items to a smaller pack. Handing everything else up to Jon, he took a look at the map held by Dr Jackson.

"Good work Doc. Question though, what's our cover story with Mr Schneider?"

Bluebell722

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #55 on: August 04, 2018, 02:54:02 PM »

Jon stashed Troy's gear, then offered a hand to Daniel. "Jackson? Anything you want to stash? Also I figure we should mention we're on the same team as the crew at Allied HQ who want to put off the raid for a bit, right?"

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #56 on: August 05, 2018, 11:23:59 PM »

<Friedrichshafen>

"Um..me, no not really anything Jon. I can hide my side arm well enough as that is all the weaponry I brought with me. Everything else I have I'll need." He then had to think through everything at the briefing. "I'm going with what I had, it'll pass muster easily enough as what I read on my doppleganger Ian Jackson, he was a linguist studying European dialects and he did have Nazi sympathies. According to our file on him he was able to pass freely throughout Germany from 41 until he disappeared supposedly a week ago. So long as we don't run into anyone who knows him I should be okay. As for you two and Schneider we can't tell him you're escaped prisoners or separated from your units as all he'll want to do is help you get back to where we just came from. So a small change." This was going to be a challenge, but not one Daniel wasn't up getting on top of.

After a few moments of reflection he looked up. "I've got it. We tell him a half truth. Both of you have been pulled from your units because of your skills, he doesn't have to know what they are by the way. We've been seconded by Allied intelligence to find remnants of an allied bomber shot down recently that had highly classified equipment on it and we need to get it back before the Nazi's figure out what it is. We tell him we've tracked it down to several places in Ravensburg; I don't think it'd do any harm to let him know 'Huxley' is OSS either as we do need to have Schneider contact the underground to get a message back to London that we're on course. Anything else?"
Far Dareis Mai

Bluebell722

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #57 on: August 08, 2018, 08:29:17 PM »

<Friedrichshafen>

Jon considered. Even though before he'd played dumb and now he didn't feel the need to pretend to be a dumb jock, he wasn't under the illusion that he was smarter than Daniel.

"Sounds good to me."

He finished stashing their gear and hopped down, peeked over Daniel's shoulder. He wasn't a genius but he could memorize a route on a map pretty quickly.

"Ready when you are."
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 12:10:23 AM by Bluebell722 »

Troy

• Second Lieutenant
« Reply #58 on: August 09, 2018, 05:19:22 PM »

<Friedrichshafen>

William listened to the Doctor's idea on how they would approach their contact within the underground.

"Sounds like a plan Doc. The best lies are rooted in truth. Although as OSS, I don't exactly have a unit. The rest of it sounds solid."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #59 on: August 10, 2018, 01:27:08 AM »

<Friedrichshafen>

"Yeah well I'm still never considering myself an expert on all things Military." Or spies or anything else along those lines, but all things considered with his years on SG1 he had done rather well. There was no delaying it now, committed was the operative word. "I really suppose its far too late for it to be said 'if anyone wants to unvolunteer they should do it now? No, I thought not."

Daniel hefted his pack then led them up the embankment to get them on the road, across the bridge and an idle walk into the town. It wasn't huge by any standards, which was rather funny as he had been here in 95 to do a lecture at the University and by then it was a decent sized city really. As they ambled up the street, this close to the Swiss border it hardly seemed like a war was going on, there were few soldiers about, it was relatively peaceful right now. Of course that was going to be abruptly stopped when the allied bombers came this way in a few hours.

Speaking quietly, very quietly in English before they reached the address Daniel was being lyrical. "Don't you both find in your mind that it is something of a curiosity how Germany and the rest of the world were at war? I mean look around you, this place is beautiful, not unlike places back home or even England. The people themselves when you talk to them are the same as us, so how did something like this happen? How could one madman drive a country to war?"

@Bluebell722
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 02:52:26 AM by Mim »
Far Dareis Mai
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6