Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: 1944 Switzerland-Germany  (Read 1886 times)

Bluebell722

• Senior Master Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Bluebell722 hides in shadows.
Re: 1944 Switzerland-Germany
« Reply #75 on: September 14, 2018, 06:17:43 PM »

<Schneider's Bakery and Pastries>

Jon said, "Well, if she looks young and innocent, they're less likely to suspect her, right? Better for us. If we only have thirty minutes, should we book it to the edge of town and grab our stuff from under the bridge, or should we have her stop there on her way out of town? I think option B is less suspicious, because us marching through town with our mission gear will look weird."

A change of plans like this wasn't unexpected, but that didn't mean it didn't make him uneasy all the same.

Troy

• Second Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Troy is a rising star!Troy is a rising star!Troy is a rising star!Troy is a rising star!Troy is a rising star!Troy is a rising star!
« Reply #76 on: September 16, 2018, 06:41:29 PM »

<Schneider's Bakery and Pastries>

Considering they had a car ride back to the LZ, William didn't mind backtracking. He had been thinking of walking and/or hitching a train ride again.

"We should have her stop briefly so we can collect our gear. Less risky of the two choices. I'm guessing we'll have to find an LZ outside Hamburg."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 252
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #77 on: September 18, 2018, 02:57:49 AM »

<Back to Cheeseland>

{Anna Schneider} NPC

"You all know Cate MacGregor don't you? I remember her dad when he was with us, lovely old guy, he was for a short time our Fleet Commander until...well anyway he often related stories around the campfire so to speak about life in Australia. It seems that Cate was a slow grower, not really shooting up until she was almost 20. She was always quite slim back then according to Will and without makeup she was able to pass for a much younger girl right up until her early twenties. I think our kid here might be just like that you know. Am I rambling?" Daniel kept some very fond memories of those days some three years back when Australians began joining the Stargate Program, they were a fun crowd to have around. "Anyway you're both right. We ask her to stop by the bridge, retrieve our things and hot foot it for Switzerland."

A moment later as they stood outside the shop with a couple of boxes of Franz's finest an old English Bedford Delivery van pulled up, they were sold in Europe as Opels. "Climb in quickly please, I am behind time. When we get outside of town I will have to hide you all in the back." Daniel had to translate for them. He climbed in beside her on the wide bench seat.

"Anna do you think you could stop at the town bridge for us, we need to gather our things. We won't take long." He asked her.

She shook her head, but conceded to his request. "Yes I suppose so, but please be very quick."

Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Bluebell722

• Senior Master Sergeant
« Reply #78 on: September 19, 2018, 11:15:43 PM »

<Back to Cheeseland>

To Daniel he said, "Yes, you're rambling."

He inclined his head politely to the girl. Since he was likely closest to her in age, she was less likely to be intimidated by him. Of course, if she was running a truck for the resistance, she was probably plenty brave.

"Also, ask her her name. It's the least we can do to be polite." Jon's father had taught him to always ask for his server's name at a restaurant. This girl was doing them a favor significantly bigger than bringing coffee.

Jon hopped into the back of a truck with an agility he relished in now and again, one that he did his best not to take for granted. Once they got to the edge of town, he could scramble up under the bridge and drop their gear down to Daniel and Troy.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #79 on: September 20, 2018, 11:23:19 PM »

<Back to Cheeseland>

{Anna Schneider} NPC

The old van rumbled forward belching black smoke out the back from the weird mix of wartime fuels they were forced to use, some of it in cases being almost homemade. With good luck the noise was such Daniel could speak almost normally in English. "Franz told us, its Anna. I could ask her how old she is just for the heck of it..and thanks for the reminder. I'll try to be briefer in future." He quipped cheekily then leaned closer to Anna just as she was pulling over to the side at the start of the bridge.

"Anna, do you mind if I ask how old you are?"

She half turned her head as she stopped the Van. "No of course not. I will be 21 next January. Is it important to know this?" Her small smile gave off the confidence of a strong young woman, despite looking much younger than she stated.

"Um er....no not really, Patric here was curious." Of course he would do that, Anna blushed slightly.

"You had best be very fast, we need to go." She collected herself to usher them out.

Daniel nudged his buddies. "Come on, we don't have much time." They needed to get out before he did though. "We can check out the area around the Burg when we get there with 401's mapping." He told William.

@Troy
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 11:25:20 PM by Mim »
Far Dareis Mai

Troy

• Second Lieutenant
  • Troy is a rising star!Troy is a rising star!Troy is a rising star!Troy is a rising star!Troy is a rising star!Troy is a rising star!
« Reply #80 on: September 25, 2018, 07:14:17 PM »

<Back to Cheeseland>

"Sounds like a plan. At this rate we might even beat some of the others there."

Once the truck stopped, William hopped out to allow the others to exit as well. In any other aircraft he would be wary of landing outside of Hamburg, but the 401's cloaking device should shield them from any prying eyes.

Bluebell722

• Senior Master Sergeant
« Reply #81 on: September 25, 2018, 11:42:26 PM »

<Back to Cheeseland>

Jon scrambled out of the truck, shinned his way up under the bridge onto the trusses, and foun their gear.

"Catch!"

He waited till his teammates were below him, then dropped their gear down to them, followed by his own gear. Then he dropped down to the ground, and it was back into the truck before anyone got suspicious of them pausing down there.

Anna's pretty, young, innocent face would only get them so far.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #82 on: September 27, 2018, 03:09:09 AM »

<Back to Cheeseland>

{Anna Schneider} NPC

It didn't take as long as Daniel thought, that was a good thing to him. Once back in the truck though things became a little more uncomfortable as they were hidden in the false section behind the cab. Behind the seat was a panel that folded in two, you could barely see the split line it was made that well. But that space wasn't something for the faint hearted, a simple wooden bench where you could sit at least but with your knees jammed up under your chin. Fortunately the trip wasn't going to be long and there was some air coming in.

The time soon passed with the truck stopping at the border. Voices were heard from the guards and of course Anna, there was one or two pauses with anxious moments to follow; Daniel was sweating profusely by this time with not only the closed space but the sheer excitement of actually doing something like this in World War Two, he knew exactly now the sheer terror those escapees must have gone through and so his respect for them went up many notches.

A squeal of brakes sounded another stop. Daniel's heart stated beating faster until the gap of light opened to reveal Anna's face. Outside it was now dark outside and that light was coming from within the cab of her truck.

"I have stopped at the bottom of that forest you told me of in Wittenau. I have but ten minutes to return to  make my last drop. I can only wish you the best of luck and that whatever it is you will do, can help to end this war." She stepped out after pulling the half seat down to let them through, Daniel this time was the first to get out.

"We won't hold you up Anna and well yes I suppose you could say that." He wasn't about to tell her anything that would get her hopes up, she still had almost a year of this terror to endure but he did silently pray she would make it through. "Thank you, both you and your father for all that you have done for us, we won't forget you." He stood back to allow his friends their own good byes.
Far Dareis Mai

Bluebell722

• Senior Master Sergeant
« Reply #83 on: September 29, 2018, 12:15:56 AM »

<Forest Outside Wittenau>

Jon eased out of the truck as quietly as possible, scanned his surroundings before he turned to Anna.

"You're a brave one, little lady. Keep your head up. You don't know it, but you just helped save the world."

Then he stepped back so Troy could have his say, and so he could pat himself down for the 402 remote to get the thing uncloaked. It was going to be quite the hike in the dark.

Troy

• Second Lieutenant
« Reply #84 on: October 03, 2018, 05:52:10 PM »

<Forest Outside Wittenau>

The ride was thankfully uneventful and the group arrived near the LZ in Switzerland. William climbed out of the secret compartment and exited the delivery truck. From what little information he had on the young woman and her father, they both survived the war. Assuming the SG teams returned to their proper time, he planned on looking up what occurred later on.

"Thank you for your help, it's much appreciated."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #85 on: October 04, 2018, 12:49:19 AM »

<Back to Cheeseland>

{Anna Schneider} NPC

With Daniel quickly translating they had managed to make the girl's face blush, even in this darkness it was unmistakable. She couldn't wait any longer, a quick wave was all she managed before setting off again, the little van leaving with a belch of smoke. "I hope her and her father will survive this war, they are truly good people." Daniel said to his friends as he re-joined them.

After a quick 'getting their bearings' they set off for the steep climb back up into the forest. Fortunately Anna had dropped them off on the south west side of the LZ, so they wouldn't be forced to go the same way, through the fence and brush, crawling on their knees through the sheep's offerings. Daniel was thankful for that. Of course the pace wasn't easy at all, that was expected; what wasn't expected was about half way up. Even in the dark with a full sky above with stars, some things you didn't miss. "Erm guys, hold up." He bid his friends. Looking straight passed them his eyes were set on a bulge in the soft forest floor; he went closer to find to his shock one of the boys who had helped them  the day before. Carefully he turned him over, his intake of breath was audible. For right in the center of the kid's chest was a familiar burn mark, he knew immediately what killed the boy. It didn't take much looking around to find his buddy either. Instinctively Daniel pulled out his pistol and cocked it. "I told you this was too easy." Panic was written on his face.
Far Dareis Mai

Bluebell722

• Senior Master Sergeant
« Reply #86 on: October 05, 2018, 11:19:08 AM »

<Back to Cheeseland>

Dread curled low in Jon's got. He hoped Anna made it to her destination safely. Looked like they might have really jacked up the timeline.

He reached for his pistol, ready to act, and he really wished he'd thought to grab a hand device or something. Not that he couldn't handle some Jaffa on his own with good old-fashioned Earth-made weapons.

"I have an idea. The Jaffa aren't the brightest. If they've come this way they'll assume it's clear and probably won't come again. You two stay here. I'll go get the 402, keep her cloaked, bring her down, and get as low as I can, uncloak long enough for you two to hop in."

Troy

• Second Lieutenant
« Reply #87 on: October 05, 2018, 07:16:15 PM »

<Back to Cheeseland>

William was suddenly more grateful for the cloaking device on the spacecraft.

"Let's hope you're right. We may be in neutral territory, but I imagine a firefight will still draw unwanted attention. The sooner we get out of here, the less chance of anyone else getting caught up in this side conflict."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #88 on: October 05, 2018, 07:57:49 PM »

Sucking in deep mouthfuls of clear mountain air Daniel had one huge problem with the plan. He held Jon's shoulder to halt him. Keeping his voice to a hoarse whisper he gave his best assessment. "We were told specifically not to do anything that might endanger changing the  history or timeline right? Well Teffy has effectively already done that just by being here and bringing her Jaffa stooges. If she is in Germany as we suspect and in or around the Hamburg area, how the hell did Jaffa get here several hundred miles away?" He looked back at the boys.

"Take this in guys. Those boys are dead, killed by Jaffa. That has already screwed things which tells me this picture is far bigger than we thought. She hasn't merely skipped back in time using a similar method to how we got here, I think she may well have been futzing with time itself as old Ba'al himself did. Which means somewhere out there she has built a paradox machine. She will have a ship or ships and these Jaffa where..." He stopped dead when he heard movement further up the ridge. "....either beamed in, or used a Tel'tak. We need to find that out and.." More sounds heading in their way. "... we need Zats." A twig broke, Daniel looked up in the gloom, he saw the familiar armor of a Jaffa glinting in the star light.

After all his years with SG1 and the SGC, much of the soldier had been melded into his abilities now, keeping at a crouch he pointed left for Jon and William to head, Daniel went right into the trees.
Far Dareis Mai
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]