Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14

Author Topic: The Multiverse Incident  (Read 2487 times)

Troy

• Second Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • Troy is a rising star!Troy is a rising star!Troy is a rising star!Troy is a rising star!Troy is a rising star!Troy is a rising star!
Re: The Multiverse Incident
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2018, 08:52:10 PM »

Didn't think the Goa'uld would take names from the Greeks, they seemed to be mainly Egyptian. I'll make the change. And yes, I'm all over the map with Trek.  :cools

As for Shran, I was thinking maybe he'd be the Captain. The NX-Refit, or Columbia Class, is post Romulan War. If you have a role for him, go ahead, nothing was set in stone. I don't have an Ambassador Class. I thought about it, I like the design even if it's barely seen on screen.

I have 2 of the same class of Klingon ships and Mim & I both have the same class from Stargate. Nothing that says we can't duplicate ship classes.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 09:02:32 PM by Troy »

Altzek

• Technical Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 19
  • Altzek is working their way up.Altzek is working their way up.Altzek is working their way up.
  • No
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2018, 09:00:18 PM »

There's a bunch of Greek snakes like Cronus (Greek Titan God of time).

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 244
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2018, 09:01:16 PM »

Didn't think the Goa'uld would take names from the Greeks, they seemed to be mainly Egyptian. I'll make the change. And yes, I'm all over the map with Trek.  :cools

It's quite surprising where they did get names. Cronus = Greek , Nirrti= Indian, Yu= Chinese, Tanith= Roman, Amaterasu= Japanese and so many more.
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Altzek

• Technical Sergeant
  • Altzek is working their way up.Altzek is working their way up.Altzek is working their way up.
  • No
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2018, 09:08:51 PM »

I think Tanith was Canaanite, Phoenician and Carthaginian, but yeah. Plenty of non-Egyptian snakes.

It's why I have Italic ones from the pre-Roman period. (Mamers being a Sabellic Ares/Mars, Euclus being a reference to Evklúí Patereí, or Pluto/Hades if you want, Mefitis being a mainly original Italic creation that's a mishmash of Artemis/Diana and Persephone/Proserpina).

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • First Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2018, 11:42:30 PM »

Uh, guys. Not here.  :OT

I was considering something like the "Taken" from Destiny, but that's too limited. I'm looking more to the Nephilim from Wing Commander. They're a race that live in a parallel dimension and have an exceptionally genocidal attitude towards any race that could be strong enough to fight them. They will seek to overpower said race and do everything they can to wipe them out utterly from existence, and if they can't, they will retreat and try again.

Problem with the Nephilim exactly as such is that I don't like using insectoid races and biotechnology. So I may make them more machine-like, like the Forerunner Constructs, instead. But highly advanced ones, unable to be controlled by anyone.

So why does Q care? Well, the idea is that this race and the Continuum have had an understanding; the race could sate its needs in its own universe and the Continuum would not interfere. The truce being broken is implied to be something that is less than desirable, as a conflict on that scale would see all life everywhere destroyed in the crossfire.

The race would be using underhanded tactics to circumvent this truce, the Continuum won't break the deal, but they have Q play their game. Bring together "insignificant" beings to fight them.

Shadowlord

• Sin Bin
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • Shadowlord has a powerful will.Shadowlord has a powerful will.Shadowlord has a powerful will.Shadowlord has a powerful will.Shadowlord has a powerful will.Shadowlord has a powerful will.Shadowlord has a powerful will.
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2018, 02:40:34 AM »

So we’re sacrifices to sate the bloodlust of some undesirable Xenos filth. Sounds like something the chaos gods would do. The will of the Emperor will guide us to victory.

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!
  • If the Day does not require an AK then it is Good.
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2018, 06:51:40 AM »

Just to check this wont all just be ship combat will it, like there wil be actual well, for lack of a better word be infantry stuff, I'm not just bringing in SPARTAN's for them to sit on their hands right?

As for Shran, I was thinking maybe he'd be the Captain. The NX-Refit, or Columbia Class, is post Romulan War. If you have a role for him, go ahead, nothing was set in stone. I don't have an Ambassador Class. I thought about it, I like the design even if it's barely seen on screen.

Oh no no, I was jsut thinking about some of the possible ENT Season 5 episodes I had read about. Shran was going to join the NX-01 Crew as I believe a chief of Security. (Or the MACO's I dont know how they were going to be all amalgamated. Its never explained. But I know they were going to add the Rank of Lieutenant Commander and he and Reed were to be the same Rank.) But anyway, No you can Have Shran. the Columbia may have a lack of Canon Crew by the Challanger has none.

All I would say is, when is your Challenger taken from? As I the Columbia has a sort of, troubled lore, with it being destroyed, mothballed or lost in various 'canon' sources with in the Star Trek canon. (Personally I was going to follow the events depicted in the Ships of the Line books, where she is lost at some point in the mid to late 2160's and ends up crashed in the Gamma Quadrant some how and only discovered past the events of DS9.)

Would it be possible to combine technologies from different universes?

So what I am currently interested in.
the Original and Canon UNSC Spartan Fire Team
SPARTAN Green Team Aboard the Damaged and Stolen Covenant Corvette Faithfull Conviction
Taken April 2558
Spartan II, George, Sierra 112. Master Sergeant.
Spartan III, Lucy, Beta 091. Petty Officer First Class.
Spartan III, Tom, Beta 292. Petty Officer First Class.
Spartan IV, Ronald Sykes. Gunnery Sergeant.

NX-02 Columbia. (Refit) Taken from around 2165
(Assuming its fate is as seen in the Ship of the Line book.)
Standard Crew Compliment.  85 Starfleet. 15 MACO's
Captain Hernandaz - Ship Commander
Commander Rivers - Engineering / First Officer
Commander Woodward - Science
Lieutenant Jenkins - Tactical
Lieutenant Tippen - Medical
Ensigh Farnam - Helm
Ensigh Marie - Comms

Troy

• Second Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • Troy is a rising star!Troy is a rising star!Troy is a rising star!Troy is a rising star!Troy is a rising star!Troy is a rising star!
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2018, 08:19:46 AM »

The Challenger would be taken sometime in the 2160s, after the War ended. I'm debating of I should have the Excelsior class rescue some Jem'hadar and Cardassians from the Dominion War era. If we throw Weyoun in as the Borta then it's double Jeffery Combs.

As for Q, describing him as a Chaos god is fairly accurate. .

Altzek

• Technical Sergeant
  • No
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2018, 08:34:22 AM »

Freelancer's intro states that the sleeper ships were launched sometime in the 23rd century while the game takes place eight centuries after the arrival of the American sleepership (the first one to arrive) in the game's star cluster. Assuming a trip of anywhere between 10 and 100 years, this should put the game's starting year at somewhere in the 31st-32nd century.
Yeah, that's far in the future.

By the way I've just realized another thing, happens when you play too much Disco and not much vanilla:
the caps in vanilla have no shield, presumably to make their destruction easier during the campaign (you only meet them in the missions, never during free play). Does this mean I start with no shields even though there's basically absolutely no reason except replicating a gameplay exploit, or do I get to keep shields at least?

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • First Lieutenant
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2018, 11:45:15 AM »

Shadow: I think Q would actually be touched for the briefest of seconds being called a god  :lol

Bowsy: As for combining techs, it'd have to happen after the game starts and I'd like to see what you had in mind, but I don't see why not.

Also, I was rather conspicuously quiet about ground personnel because given the ships so far, it seemed silly to limit it. Everyone's going to have their favorites to write, the rest are expendables.

Troy: You reminded me of a point - actor/actress limitations don't exist here. So Cap'n Mal could meet Gunny Buck, Michael Criton could run into Cam Mitchell, and so on. Personally, I think that would result in some rather interesting story ramifications.

Altzek: The tech level you go in with is based from whatever point you wish to choose as that source's starting time, so if the shields came out later, I really can't see a compelling reason why they wouldn't have them. Just start it off on their end around when they'd be available and I'd say there won't be any arguments.

All: While I am moving this weekend, nothing is set in stone. I'll chime in as I can, but my goal is to be moved in no later than Monday. By Monday, we'll set off. What that means is that you can change whatever you need to on your end until I make the announcement that final selections are due.

Given how much we have going into ST, I might reconsider some of my choices, and I'm having second thoughts about using BSG on my end (the game I was playing stopped after the initial Cylon strikes at Scorpio). My ST was coming from my Captains in Star Trek Online, which is 2410, and so that would create a fair bit of confusion, especially with what Troy and Bowsy are planning (not to mention we'd already have violations of the Temporal Prime Directive).

Altzek

• Technical Sergeant
  • No
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2018, 12:09:47 PM »

Altzek: The tech level you go in with is based from whatever point you wish to choose as that source's starting time, so if the shields came out later, I really can't see a compelling reason why they wouldn't have them. Just start it off on their end around when they'd be available and I'd say there won't be any arguments.

Again, the caps ingame have no shields because, I assumed, they were thought to ease the playing difficulty for players who could only use snubs and freighters, and shooting down a battleship with nothing but three or four heavy fighters is one hell of an effort already without its shields, but I always assumed that they were meant to have them in the game's lore. It isn't a question of WHEN in the game's lore they become a thing (there's only one game and the campaign depicts events spanning no more than a year), my assumption is that they were always there in the first place, we didn't see them merely for gameplay reasons.

Anyway, I think I've lost interest.

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • First Lieutenant
« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2018, 12:29:21 PM »

I'm sorry, I'm dealing with a setting I have no information on here.

I get what you're saying, and if they're supposed to be there, they're supposed to be there. If they are 100% said to be not there, then that's what it would have to be. Ambiguity doesn't help on their part.

My attempt there was that you were suggesting they came out as a refit later on, not speculation on if it was an oversight of the game's creators themselves.

But if you'd prefer to sit this one out, that's fine as well. Either way, I still will apologize for any misunderstandings here.

Altzek

• Technical Sergeant
  • No
« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2018, 12:36:39 PM »

No misunderstanding, the fault is mine for picking a semi-obscure game and setting and expecting you to know about it as much as you do with more widespread ones like Battlestar Galactica, Stargate or Star Trek.

I mean, I could point you to an .iso of the game, but finishing the campaign takes 20-30ish hours and at least 30-40 more are needed to explore the whole place and read all the lore between bar rumors, infocards and everything else and you have your life so yeah, I'd rather not push you.

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • First Lieutenant
« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2018, 12:48:43 PM »

Fair enough. I understand, I'd be in the same boat if I expected people to know a ton about Wing Commander (and to be honest, I forgot so much despite that being my first time in a Forum RPG back in 2006...)

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!
  • If the Day does not require an AK then it is Good.
« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2018, 01:28:49 PM »

Bowsy: As for combining techs, it'd have to happen after the game starts and I'd like to see what you had in mind, but I don't see why not.

Also, I was rather conspicuously quiet about ground personnel because given the ships so far, it seemed silly to limit it. Everyone's going to have their favorites to write, the rest are expendables.

Given how much we have going into ST, I might reconsider some of my choices, and I'm having second thoughts about using BSG on my end (the game I was playing stopped after the initial Cylon strikes at Scorpio). My ST was coming from my Captains in Star Trek Online, which is 2410, and so that would create a fair bit of confusion, especially with what Troy and Bowsy are planning (not to mention we'd already have violations of the Temporal Prime Directive).

Well I was more thinking, Star Trek Ships with Covenant Weapons, or maybe a Slip-Space Drive fitted to a ship with out a FTL drive.

As for the Time Line issues, maybe it could just be Q took ships he could, I mean its Q, he probably wouldnt notice the different levels in tech between the 22nd Century and the 25th Century?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14

lethal-pageant