Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Clone!Jack O'Neill - back to high school? Really?  (Read 160 times)

Bluebell722

• Master Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Bluebell722 hides in shadows.
Re: Clone!Jack O'Neill - back to high school? Really?
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2018, 10:42:40 PM »

I actually do really like the notion of Jack going off and getting a fishing boat and finally getting the retirement he never had. He was retired at the START of SG-1, and he deserves a break. He is also much smarter than people give him credit for, and maybe without the military culture's demand of machismo from him, he could indulge in being a nerd.

That being said, would it be difficult for him to walk away, knowing what he knows about the wider universe?

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 227
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2018, 03:01:53 AM »

That being said, would it be difficult for him to walk away, knowing what he knows about the wider universe?

Hell yes. I think he'd settle into a routine of doing diddly squat but knowing the man and the boy he couldn't sit still long and we'd soon find him back wanting to get a piece of the action again.
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

MissCobra1018

• Airman
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • MissCobra1018 A new starter.
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2018, 07:51:52 AM »

I think we have a history of various incarnations of Jack living a simpler life ("2010", "Moebius"), and he tends to be ok with that until they come to him in need. He always resists but ends up joining the good fight in the end.

So no I don't think it would be that difficult for him to walk away and enjoy a life mostly of fishing, perhaps, but I do think he would jump right back in if they ever asked. In fact, maybe some part of him would choose a life of fishing instead of a larger responsibility, like being a cop, because he would want to be available if ever needed?  Hmm
"There is really only one thing we can ever truly control: whether we are good or evil." - Oma Desala

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 227
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2018, 11:59:59 PM »

Here's a thought. We all know how much Jack loved BBQing, I wonder if Jnr might have ever appeared in one of those TV show BBQ cook offs?  :yes: Or even had his own show?
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go
Pages: 1 [2]

lethal-pageant