Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Hello World!  (Read 93 times)

MissCobra1018

• Airman
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • MissCobra1018 A new starter.
Hello World!
« on: July 11, 2018, 04:28:42 PM »

Hi! I'm new here. Obvi. But I'm also very new to forums just in general, and honestly it's a little overwhelming! I heard of this site from Mim (anyone surprised? 😉) on Stargate Command and I wanted to try another forum so here I am. I came for discussion mainly, I've never done RP and not sure about it? 🙄

A bit about me - I'm a 31 yr old new mother (baby is almost a year old now 😱), I live in the US and I'm a huge Stargate fan! Other favorites of mine are Firefly, Star Trek (Voyager is my fav out of those), Harry Potter, LOTR, and generally most things sci-fi and fantasy (more so sci-fi).

Looking forward to figuring this place out and meeting fellow fans and talkin' all nerdy 😊
"There is really only one thing we can ever truly control: whether we are good or evil." - Oma Desala

Troy

• Second Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Troy is a rising star!Troy is a rising star!Troy is a rising star!Troy is a rising star!Troy is a rising star!Troy is a rising star!
Re: Hello World!
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2018, 04:37:13 PM »

Welcome. Voyager was my entry in to the Trek world.

We mainly do RP but feel free to jump into the conversations or start your own.  :wr

Teddy

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Teddy is on the verge of being accepted.Teddy is on the verge of being accepted.Teddy is on the verge of being accepted.Teddy is on the verge of being accepted.Teddy is on the verge of being accepted.
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2018, 04:45:03 PM »

Welcome, and if you find a thread that hasn't been used for a while  and you wish to post, go ahead, we like to resurrect dead things,   >:D   enjoy your  time with us, post away  :D

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 228
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2018, 05:07:50 PM »

Hi! I'm new here. Obvi. But I'm also very new to forums just in general, and honestly it's a little overwhelming! I heard of this site from Mim (anyone surprised? 😉) on Stargate Command and I wanted to try another forum so here I am. I came for discussion mainly, I've never done RP and not sure about it? 🙄

Official welcome!  :wr :sam59 ..erm nope  :lol I do a lot of that especially lately. We do actually have a lot of SG related pages, a lot of them. Its been something of a passion for me going on nearly 10 years now and this site is the culmination of that. I just want to make a happy place for all SG fans :) So I am so glad you came. Oh and we share more than SG in common, I have my own little SG cherub as well, Olivia, she's almost 2 now <3 As for the RP, well that is merely our fun time :D

A bit about me - I'm a 31 yr old new mother (baby is almost a year old now 😱), I live in the US and I'm a huge Stargate fan! Other favorites of mine are Firefly, Star Trek (Voyager is my fav out of those), Harry Potter, LOTR, and generally most things sci-fi and fantasy (more so sci-fi).

Looking forward to figuring this place out and meeting fellow fans and talkin' all nerdy 😊
we're all nerds  :yes: if you need any help at any time just ask :)
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

MissCobra1018

• Airman
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • MissCobra1018 A new starter.
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2018, 06:37:52 PM »

Thanks, all  :)
Welcome. Voyager was my entry in to the Trek world.

We mainly do RP but feel free to jump into the conversations or start your own.  :wr

Voyager - sigh - it is everything to me  <3  I think I'll start with the convos and I'm *somewhat* open to RP maybe in a while, probably a long while, though.

Welcome, and if you find a thread that hasn't been used for a while  and you wish to post, go ahead, we like to resurrect dead things,   >:D   enjoy your  time with us, post away  :D

Sounds good! That would be one of my main concerns   :cools

@Mim aww cherub Olivia!  <3 My little Cady will be there SO soon! And I'm afraid I may bug you a lot! :lol  Starting now - is it better/preferred to quote people or use @ and their name? i.e. pros and cons, for me and them  :huh  (and did I even use the @ correctly??)

"There is really only one thing we can ever truly control: whether we are good or evil." - Oma Desala

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 228
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2018, 06:48:18 PM »

It doesn't really matter. Using the @ gets peoples attention if you need to, or you can quote especially if you want to highlight something someone has said. And yes you did use it correctly, got my attention.

Also I should point out how easy it is to subscribe to a post or thread. When you are writing your post, beneath you will see 'attachments and other options' open that before you hit 'post' and check 2 boxes. 'Return to topic' and 'notify me of replies' :D easy.
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 78
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2018, 08:39:13 PM »

@MissCobra1018 Hello to you and welcome to our site :)

Yes, my daughter does have a habit of gathering in the strays and the lonely Stargaters from wherever she can find or rescue them from.