Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Multiverse Incident - Venus  (Read 42 times)

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • First Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 54
  • Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
Multiverse Incident - Venus
« on: July 13, 2018, 11:00:37 PM »

{Q - GM/Narrator}

NARRATION

"Ah, Venus. Considered by humans to be a bright star in their night time sky, some thought it possibly to even be a twin to Earth. And of course, they were wrong, but what do you expect? They're humans!"

Q laughs for a moment.

"Well, the humans in this universe, bolstered by the powers given to them by the Continuum's insane and stupid little pet project, teraformed Venus. Turned it into a lush jungle paradise where their primitive learning institutions could...ugh...flourish. More like stagnate, if you ask me. Blah blah blah, they got what was coming to them centuries ago, blah blah blah, they didn't all die because they're humans and humans are harder to kill than roaches sometimes, blah blah blah, and the threat we seek...welllllll let's just say that it's not that far away."

"The planet, in its current state, has begun to reclaim the land from the humans. There's still a city that's next to a sinkhole, frankly that was the best thing to happen to that dreary place since the initial slaughter. The wilds are either more jungle or they're starting to die off into cinders because, surprise surprise, you need technology to keep a planet known for being a toxic gashouse from reverting to its natural state. Oh, in a few centuries Venus will be right back to being a wasteland of desolation and noxious fumes, but for now, let's just see what awaits us, shall we?"

A mischievous grin crosses Q's face before disappearing once more.

END NARRATION

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • First Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 54
  • Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
Re: Multiverse Incident - Venus
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2018, 12:47:58 AM »

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

{LtCmdr. Allyson McMillan}
<CIC, SSV Ticonderoga>

"We're coming out of FTL, Commander. Running silent." Helm Officer Lieutenant Anne-Laure Berge reported from the cockpit at the nose of the Ticonderoga.

"Conducting scans. Interesting. Venus appears to have been teraformed. Detecting evidence of settlements centered mainly around the Aphrodite Terra continent. Low intensity energy signals all around the area. Largest settlement is on the edge of Aphrodite, and there is wilderness and a mining complex." Allyson's AI, Dee, reported. While she was on the ship, the AI appeared as a bright green spherical hologram and used the ship's audio broadcast systems to speak out loud. Dee spoke with a male voice, and tended to be a bit on the clipped side in his terms of speech.

"Interesting indeed. Where are we picking up energy signals from?" Allyson asked as she leaned against the railing overlooking the system map that was displaying holographic readouts of Venus and the Aphrodite continent.

"I am detecting them scattered all around the remains of a city, as well as what I think is a mining complex. The area almost appears strip mined."

"Yeah. Well, is it safe to set down on?" Allyson asked.

"That is a loaded question, but the atmosphere is breathable. We should coordinate our efforts, but I will prepare the shuttle. Who do you want on the mission?" Dee asked.

"Dreog, Tinker, and Suki." Allyson said, and then stepped down from the map area and over to her terminal, linking up to comms, "Ticonderoga to Allied Fleet. We're establishing orbit, no hostile contacts detected. We're picking up energy signatures scattered all around the Aphrodite continent. I was going to head on down to the remains of that settlement, anyone got anything they want to suggest?"

Down below, the AI helpfully had already assembled Allyson's ground team. First up was Thax Dreog, a Krogan who formerly did freelance operations for his rich uncle on Illium before joining MAC-I. He was actually fairly even tempered for a Krogan, but never once shied away from a fight. Tinker was the nickname of a Geth platform that was assigned to the Ticonderoga, and had been a valuable asset for them ever since. Staff Lieutenant Suki Vasquez was an N7 rated biotic commando who was very quiet spoken but extremely effective at her job. She was also brilliant with many subjects, making her the closest thing the Ticonderoga had to a science officer.

Troy

• Second Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Troy is on the verge of being accepted.Troy is on the verge of being accepted.Troy is on the verge of being accepted.Troy is on the verge of being accepted.Troy is on the verge of being accepted.
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2018, 01:43:37 PM »

Andromeda   

With no one else signalling their intent to scope out Venus, Dylan gave the order for Becca to pilot Andromeda to the second planet. Once ensuring they were at a safe distance, the massive starship jumped to slipstream. A few short minutes later they dropped out in the vicinity of Venus.
   On the viewscreen the command crew looked out at a planet slightly smaller than Earth, but with the familiar blue/green hue that suggested a habitable world.
“If that’s any indication, it will make things easier. Becca bring us in closer. Rommie, launch some sensor probes. Let’s see what’s really out there.”

“Aye Captain. Launching probes.”

As the ship moved closer, Dylan activated the internal comm system.
“Hunt to Green Team. We have arrived at Venus. You’re welcome to come to the Command Center and have a look.”

Once she had enough sensor data, Andromeda gave the condensed results of her scans.
“The planet shows signs of terraforming to make it habitable for Humans. No sign of life, but there are low signals emanating from the surface. I estimate it will no longer have a breathable atmosphere in 75 years time and in less than 300 years you won’t even be able to tell it had been terraformed.”

While Andromeda was still speaking the hail from the Ticonderoga came through.
“...anything they want to suggest?”

“Seems like a viable plan to me. Rommie, tell them we’ll send a team of our own to meet them.”

He paused to think of who should go.
“Tyr, take Trance and Rev Bem with you. Snag Brauk on your way to the shuttlebay, he’s been itching for a chance to get planetside. Oh and Rommie, I want you with them also. Take the Paelun.”

He was going to address the visitors when another hail came in, this time from the Shenzhou.
“This is Captain Georgiou. A landing party is being assembled and will meet you on the surface. We stand ready to provide any other assistance as needed.”

After acknowledging the hail, Dylan returned his attention to the Green team.
“Master Sergeant, if you wish to go down to the surface be my guest. There’s room on the Paelun or we can loan you a different shuttle. If need be, I can assign a shuttle pilot.”

USS Shenzhou

She still wasn’t sure what to make of the whole situation, but that hadn’t stopped her before and wasn’t going to stop her now. At the request of the Enterprise, her crew provided engineering support to the Challenger. She had read about the NX Enterprise while at the Academy and was aware of the current Enterprise under the command of Captain Pike. The letter B at the end of the ship’s registry number suggested there had been another one between Pike’s Enterprise and that under the command of a Demora Sulu.

Now they found themselves tasked with aiding in the investigation of Venus. Supposedly there were some clues on the surface about the still unknown threat they were facing.

As the Shenzhou dropped out of warp, Phillipa examined the planet filling her viewscreen. While  parts of it were habitable in her era, much of the planet remained uninhabitable.
“Detmer, take us into optimal scanning range. Mr Saru, let me know when you have something.”

It didn’t take long for the Kelpian to start receiving data. He relayed the important data to the viewscreen as he spoke.
“As you can tell, the planet has been terraformed into an M class world. However, it is slowly reverting back to an N class. There are several indications of having been inhabited in the near past. A large portion of the planet is jungle like, and has begun to reclaim the settlements. There appears to be the remnants of a large settlement in the middle of Aphrodite Terra. A sinkhole is threatening to swallow it up.”

With the Ticonderoga sending a team to that location and the Andromeda following suite, Phillipa saw no reason not to do the same.
“Commanders Burnam and Saru, assemble a small landing party and join the others. Take a shuttle, I don’t want to risk you getting stuck if we can’t get a transporter lock.”

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • Bowsy 112 has great potential!Bowsy 112 has great potential!Bowsy 112 has great potential!Bowsy 112 has great potential!Bowsy 112 has great potential!Bowsy 112 has great potential!Bowsy 112 has great potential!Bowsy 112 has great potential!Bowsy 112 has great potential!
  • If the Day does not require an AK then it is Good.
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2018, 02:19:17 PM »

SPARTAN CORPS Green Team (Taken 2558)
SPARTAN II Sierra 112. Master Sergeant  George.
SPARTAN III Beta 091. Petty Officer First Class. Lucy
SPARTAN III Beta 292. Petty Officer First Class. Tom
SPARTAN IV Ronald Sykes. Gunnery Sergeant
UNSC ONI Artificial Inteligence. Alexis.

The rest of Green Team hung back But George stepped forwards.
"Sir." He said as he looked to the view screen at the other two ships that had joined them. He had to admit they didnt look like much, but then again not a lot did, especially seeing as the Corvette they had arrived in was one of the smallest and weakest covenant ships and it dwarfed most of the things here. He looked to Hunt.
"Sir, I would suggest we contact the other landing teams, find out where they intend to go, And see weather everybody wants to go to the same location or if we want to fan out." He added with a shrug.
"Safety in numbers, Depending on if you trust those numbers." He looked back to the view screen.
"We'll take the offered lift sir. We can provide security for your team or we can act as a second team and preform our own Recon, Though I would ask." He nodded to Lucy, who reached behind her and unhooked some kind of container from the back of her belt then approached them.
"I dont know if you have Artificial Intelligence Rampancy where you are from." He looked to the android to explain.
"In our Universe AI only last 7 years before they become so, smart they start to tare themselves apart through over thinking, essentially, but, I was reading some of your publicly accessible files." He turned to the Android, and then looked to the representation of the woman on the screen, he understood they were the same person but also different, it was just a little hard to remember that when things normally worked differently to him.
"And I am under the impression that your Andromada Interface AI is more than seven years old." He added. Lucy handed him a container that seamed to hold some kind of chip in isolation.
"We have an AI here, Sif, she was the AI for a battleship, however the ship was disabled and the crew abandoned ship, tough her crew never enacted the Cole protocol and she was left behind." He looked to the chip in the container in his hands.
"She should have deleted herself, though she didnt, we dont know why and were in the process of recovering her, to return her to the Office of Naval Inteligence where they could make sure she hadn't been investigated by the Covenant." He then looked to hunt and held it out.
"Can you, remove her rampancy?" he asked.
"I dont mean to ask a huge thing of you sir, but she would be a great help. Even if its just to the ship that's using the Corvette we rode in on to rearm its of she could work as a assistant aboard the central space station and help co-ordinate all these ships. She is an Asset we could all benifit from and there is no sense in keeping her locked up if she can be repaired by your technology." He then added.
"But if you dont want to or cant we will carry her to the surface with us and continue recon weather you want us to head out on our own task or if you would like us to join your insertion team as a security element."

lethal-pageant