Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: MacDill AFB, Tampa, Florida  (Read 450 times)

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 83
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
Re: MacDill AFB, Tampa, Florida
« Reply #45 on: August 10, 2018, 06:18:07 PM »

<Ramey AFB Puerto Rico>

Bryan glanced at Bonnie.  He had a feeling she was purposely walking slow for him which he was grateful for.  He couldn't imagine what she had to deal with on a daily basis.  He planned on being there for her every step of the way from now on.  He laughed a bit. "Okay, no prepackaged food," he grinned, his blue eyes dancing.    "PX first," he agreed.

Bryan side stepped quickly as they continued their short walk to the PX. "Yes, people are idiots.  Thought you had learned that already," he teased, bumping her shoulder.  Although it did seem like people were getting worse.  Or maybe he was getting more judgmental as he got older.  Oh wouldn't his family get a kick out of that?

They soon reached the PX and Bryan stepped inside.  "Alright, shall we see what we can find so we can get some food?" he asked, starting to look around at all the supplies.  He knew the others were counting on them to get everything that was needed.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2018, 07:39:58 PM »

"No that's true of course." Albert pulled back from laughing because in reality the younger version was sounding more and more like the older Jack from years ago as each day progressed. When you thought about it, there was no reason why not unless he forced a change upon himself.

"I had to ask, given the circumstances I think you'd do the same. So now we're on the same page let's get this thing going. While you were away I already had spoken to the Green Beret commander and they'll be in Grenada waiting for our call should we need them. Let's hope we don't." He looked at his watch. "We'll give the kids another twenty five minutes."

Bluebell722

• Master Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Bluebell722 hides in shadows.
« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2018, 11:06:55 PM »

<Ramey AFB Puerto Rico>

"Twenty-five minutes sounds more than fair, sir." Jon eyed Reynolds and added, "If I say sir too much, let me know. It's - I need to remind myself, sometimes, around the people I know and remember from back when they called me 'sir.'"

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 234
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #48 on: August 14, 2018, 09:25:13 PM »

<Ramey AFB Puerto Rico>

"Yeah I need to remember my own lessons don't I?" She laughed.

The PX was far bigger than the last time she was here, more now like a mini supermarket slash department store. They had everything here from clothing to food and even hardware store items. Not that she was after a set of spanners or anything right now. The two of them wandered up and down the aisles, Bonnie picking up enough energy bars and packets of mixed nuts and dried fruit to feed and army almost. "We can get something decent elsewhere Bry, there is a good base civvy cafe not far from here." Being mindful of the time she hurried them both along, finally settling on four base plaques, one for each of them; they always looked nice on your wall at home. There was a huge photo of a MC-130 Herc which of course she couldn't take with them; Bonnie paid for it and had them send it home. For Bryan personally, she bought him a bottle of Yves St Laurent Kouros after shave, his and her favorite. He never saw her buy it either, that she'd save for later. "Okay I'm done." She said after paying the check out girl. "Food next and man we had better be quick Bryan, like the fastest burgers in town to go I think."
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #49 on: August 15, 2018, 10:14:47 AM »

Bryan laughed.  "We all need reminders from time to time."

The blue eyed blonde was shocked by how much was in the PX.  He grabbed a few granola bars and managed to snag a couple of Bonnie's favorite chocolate bars.   He then followed Bonnie, helping to get the rest of the supplies for the team.  He wandered off briefly, enjoying a few of the simpler things.  He found a goofy little fidget spinner that looked like a wrench to keep his hands occupied when they weren't on duty.  To his shock he managed to find a perfect replica of Bonnie's car.  All it would need was some tweaking in color and that he could manage without an issue.  He quickly paid for his things before following Bonnie.

"Yeah definitely short on time, " he groaned.   He followed Bonnie to the little cafe she had mentioned where they managed to get two burgers and drinks to go.  Thankfully the cafe seemed to be used to having to make meals quickly,  Bryan grabbed the bags before hurrying beside her as they headed back to the others.  They were cutting it close.  "Ha, made it," he grinned at Bonnie.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #50 on: August 15, 2018, 07:20:22 PM »

Al stood to stretch his legs, something he knew he'd be doing more often as the years caught up with him. In a small way he felt a little envy with Nealson having had his life up to a reasonable age, then thrust back to his youth. Yes Albert Reynolds could well do that himself.

Glancing across the Airfield he could see Heckman and Walker in the distance outside the Burger joint, he turned back to Jon. "They're on the way, tell the pilot to start the wind up Lieutenant, oh and you have my word on it, I will let you know, don't doubt that." He returned to his seat.

Bluebell722

• Master Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Bluebell722 hides in shadows.
« Reply #51 on: August 16, 2018, 12:35:39 AM »

<Ramey AFB Puerto Rico>

"Yes, sir," Jon said, not without a trace of irony.

He headed back into the CH-53 and climbed aboard, dusting breadcrumbs off his hands as he went. He made his way up to the pilot seat.

"Colonel Reynolds says to start the wind-up."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 234
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #52 on: August 16, 2018, 02:04:48 AM »

<Ramey AFB Puerto Rico>

As soon as the burger was in Bonnie's hand she started eating and walking, a decent pace it'd be for Bryan to boot. "You're lucky Bucko you passed in the top five of your basic....yeah I've seen your file." She grinned widely setting them on course directly for the chopper. All the things she had were stuffed in bags, when the two of the went up the ramp the big blades were already turning. "Wow, I thought we were running fine, but really sir." She checked her watch, they still had ten minutes, the old man was cheating on them. "Anyway I have pressies for everyone. Ramey AFB wall plaques." She handed one each to all of them, stuffing her own and the after shave (that would be later at the right time) into her pack.

Back into her seat, Bonnie pulled the straps on, the coms set and kept up her grinning around the burger she was about to finish. A loud slurp from the juice wouldn't have made any difference at all.

<<To Cartagena Columbia >>
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #53 on: August 16, 2018, 03:35:32 PM »

<Ramey AFB Puerto Rico>

Bryan's eyes widened in surprise.  "How did you...Never mind.   What does that have to do with being lucky?" He asked, taking a big bite of his burger as they hurried back to the craft.  He laughed a bit.  "Good thing we didn't take any longer then, " he commented as he found his seat, putting his bag under his feet.  "Nice.   Thanks Bonnie."  He geared up himself before starting to eat again.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

lethal-pageant