Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Sheppard aka Captain Kirk  (Read 371 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 312
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Sheppard aka Captain Kirk
« on: July 17, 2018, 04:33:02 PM »

Been thinking on this after doing a re-watch. So who do you think might have in the end been good old Shep's lifetime love? I mean like it wasn't as if he was short on passion was it?  :lol

there were others  *:

Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Bluebell722

• Senior Master Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Bluebell722 hides in shadows.
Re: Sheppard aka Captain Kirk
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2018, 12:47:41 AM »

I was just having this discussion with friends earlier tonight. As much as the writers kept throwing women at John, I never really felt the chemistry with most of them. Not Chaya. Not Teer. Not Larrin. Not Mara. The one time he kissed Teyla was just awful and super not okay. And the time he kissed Elizabeth was also super not okay (it was really Thela kissing Phoebus anyway).

I felt like the writers tried hard to make him all Kirk-like but Joe wasn’t super having it.

If I had to pick someone, I’d go with Chaya, if only because what romantic moments he had with her weren’t under emotional distress (abandonment issues with Teer) or other creepiness when his own ability to consent was dubious (turning into a bug, Thelan in his body; the time Mara just took off her clothes in his room was pretty wrong - had the gender roles been reversed that super wouldn’t have been okay; Larrin was Stockholm syndrome waiting to happen).

Let’s be real - Shep’s bromance was Rodney. He convinced a guy to sacrifice himself to a Wraith for Rodney.

They’re going to live on Atlantis forever like Holmes and Watson. Cranky friends saving the day.

Mooseman

• Recruit
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Mooseman A new starter.
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2019, 10:28:07 PM »

I’m going to with Larrin.
I do acknowledge that my extreme crush on Jill Wagner may be influencing my choice.

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 74
  • DanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has Ascended
  • Before building something great, you destroy it
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2019, 11:23:58 PM »

Agreed! On that bromance part between Sheppard and McKay @Bluebell722

:D
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 11:36:06 PM by DanielRyder »
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 111
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2019, 11:24:14 PM »

Yeah, I'm agreeing with Moose. I really disagree with pretty much everything you said, Blue. I think there might have been something like Jack and Sam with Sheppard and Weir, and I don't think things with Teyla were going to happen, especially since she went her own way anyways.

I don't see how things with Larrin was Stockholm Syndrome when later on, one of the other Travelers suggests she was still "talking about him". There's nothing at all wrong with things turning from enemies into lovers if it's done well, I just feel like nothing ever managed to go anywhere. And if Ronon has Amelia and Rodney has Jennifer, then why is it suddenly so wrong Sheppard has someone, especially after he ruined his last marriage and has since changed with time in the Pegasus Galaxy?

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 74
  • DanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has Ascended
  • Before building something great, you destroy it
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2019, 11:35:32 PM »

Ahh well, relationships are pretty much overrated with TV shows. It's fun, but its also a bit weird. But its what makes character development happen. Sheppard is a bit like Kirk. A little bit. I mean, the first time I heard McKay call him Kirk because of his small relationship with Chaya. It is the only relationship I see him with her. I dunno. Just thought there was something there. A small connection. Might be cause Chaya was an Ancient. Also pretty. Disappointed that she only existed for that one episode...

Please don't hate on me *ducks out*  :look

:mwahaha
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 11:37:14 PM by DanielRyder »
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List