Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: P6G-12M  (Read 1389 times)

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!
  • If the Day does not require an AK then it is Good.
Re: P6G-12M
« Reply #75 on: February 03, 2019, 08:03:26 PM »

A few seconds later though, Gary broke his train of thought.
“Major. We better get a raise for this.” Fred frowned and turned, but he stopped pain shot through his body and he took a moment to stop and when he next moved instead of just turning his torso he moved his whole body.
"What is it?" He asked as he walked over to where Gary stood behind the blast shield. And stopped in his tracks for a moment, plugged in to the console were a pair of ZPM’s still glowing, though one was much brighter than the others. Fred nodded a little.
“How did it survive this long with out power? Atlantis drained three just by running the shields for less time than this has probably been here.” Muttered Gary. Fred was surprised that the Sergeant Major had read reports that were outside his domain so to speak. But he didn’t question why Gary knew it, just incase it had been one of Fred's random thoughts one day to do with power rates or "Do you think the Ancients ever made one of the De Vinci flying machines, you know like the square parachute thing or the cork screw peddle powered helicopter?" So he just played it off with a shrug.
“Shields constantly battered by the sea as opposed to the equivalent of a screen saver for a few thousand years I'd guess.” He then added.
“Plus it had the cities ZPM that was plugged in at the chair room to leach off of for the first few centuries.” It then clicked. “Likely why Harly detected it. As soon as we plugged something in to the main power socket it started to leach off of that.” Gary nodded Fred had been worried he was going to need to use some kind of allegory to describe it, but he wasnt the most tech savvy man out there. He and Gary looked around and all the wires seamed to come to the console they were at, and then one was connected to the wall via a crystal interface. Like an extension lead or one of those timers people used to either save money on the electricity bill or to make your friendly neighbourhood burglar think you were in when it was dark. Gary took hold of it and looked to Fred who nodded and the Sergeant Major gave a tug and the cable fell out, the wall that was the door way suddenly disappeared, clearly the projection needed some kind of power to stay up, and a few of the lights dimmed but kept running clearly the door had some kind of fail safe or was just a shield and hologram projection. A tech team could figure that out later and the lights were likely running of the standard towers power provided by the Naquide generator, which was why the light output now mat hed the lights in the hallway. That caused Fred to turn on his weapon light.
“That did it Major.” Came Harlys voice over the radio.
“Harly, you’ll want to come and see this…” he began but she replied with.
“Just bring me anything interesting you find, I am working on something at the moment.” Fred looked to Gary and shrugged as he bent down and tapped the top of the brighter ZPM, he assumed it had more juice and was fresh with the other one being almost empty, it should be enough to power the room till the research team arrived. Once the ZPM was extracted carfully and in Fred’s hand he looked at it for a moment before noticing the room had gotten darker as the lights on the consoles had dimmed a little more but they were still on.
“Spooky.” Mumbled Gary. Fred nodded.
“yeah lets get back to the others.” He said as he turned and left the room. It didn’t take them long to return and once they did they kept the ZPM hidden, a little surprise couldn’t hurt. Thankfully he did carry bin bags on his plate carrier so it was hidden away and he walked up to Harly’s console she looked up finally and frowned.
“What did you find?” She asked he smiled as he put the bag upside down on the console and whipped the bag off and smiled.
“This.” He said. She lit up for a moment.
“Oh that’s amazing.” But then her eyes glanced back at the screen and she frowned. Fred frowned in response stepping closer and pushing the bin bag back in to his utility pouch.

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 81
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
« Reply #76 on: February 08, 2019, 01:53:01 AM »

>>From P4H-51Y>>

SG-7 stepped through the gate, grateful to see their truck still present.

"Denis, see if any of our rations are in there still." Brian said, and went to his radio, "Sierra Golf Twelve, this is Sierra Golf Seven. We're back, lots of stuff to tell you, but I've got a rather important request from the SGC. Have you heard from Sierra Golf One?" Brian asked.

"Okay, looks like we have half a box still in here. I forgot this one when we unloaded." Denis said and pulled out the individual rations.

"First up, ah..." Denis was cut off by Brian.

"Hard pass from me with anything that has fish." Brian said. Denis chuckled, and tossed him one of the boxes.

"Then that one should do for you." Denis said. Brian looked it over.

"What's a terrine?" Brian asked while Denis picked up the next box.

"It's like a loaf made of meat." Denis replied.

"Well, this all sounds good then. Venison terrine, bean, sausauge and duck casserole...never had duck but can't be far off from chicken. Creole pork with rice and pineapple. Nicely done, Sergeant." Brian said as he pulled his knife out to cut open the box.

"Next up, we have option 2. Salmon paste with salmon, rice and vegetables and lamb stew." Denis said. Astrid raised her hand.

"Ooh. Right here." Astrid said, and got the box tossed to her.

"Got enough ration with your salmon?" Brian asked.

"Your loss, more fish for me." Astrid replied with a grin.

"Next up is forest terrine, stewed pork and potatoes, sausage and sauerkraut. We also have...well, I'm keeping that one. So, that leaves that and this one with sardines, lamb stew with beans and chicken and vegtables." Denis concluded.

"I'll take the one with lamb." Nikolai said, taking the box. Denis handed the last one over to Stan.

SG-7 gathered around in a loose circle next to their vehicle, sitting down and letting one of their entrees heat up while they picked through the other parts of their rations while they waited on SG-12's response.

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!
« Reply #77 on: February 08, 2019, 08:59:39 AM »

Major Fred Rivers
Sergeant Major Gary Carter
Captain Harly Green
1st Lieutenant Charlotte Summers

Fred stood behind Harly as she looked back to her computer, pulling up a gate address on the computer.
"It makes no sense." She mumbled as Fred looked over her shoulder the Gate Address was Earths, almost, one symbol was off.
"it dosnt match anything in the SGC Database..." She added mumbling. Fred was about to reply when he heard Captain Coffin over his radio, he took hold of the mic and pushed the talk button.
"Nice to hear from you again, we got up to a bit of fun ourselves." Almost as if on que he felt his ribs hurt again but managed to hide the grimace he made from his team. "Haven't heard from Colonel Mitchell and his team since they left. We'll make our way back to the gate ASAP, Captain Green's just found something of interest in the database here. But we'll start packing up." He turned to Gary and gave a nod. "Sergeant Major start packing up our gear, leave the generator here though I am sure the SGC will send a research team here ASAP so we can leave it here to keep the things we found in that lab on." Gary nodded as he started to pick up all of his gear again He looked to Charlotte and nodded before he looked to Harly. "Captain, time to down load it all and get going." She nodded.
"Yeah I can cross examine the address with the gate map on my tablet." She said as she pushed a few buttons and a loading bar appeared on her tablet as the infomation was passed over.
"I'll go see if a Jumper is available. if we have to go after SG one it cant hurt to have some support." Charlotte smiled.
"Yeah, be careful seeing as you crashed one already." Fred rolled his eyes as he bound up the stairs to the jumper bay and walked in to the unmarked Jumper, sitting at the controls he touched the console and it slowly activated. Once it was powered up he took a moment to scan the system with his mind, and found it was fine, a little slow as it was warming up, but still, unlike the first one it wasn't damaged. he was sure he'd get a bollocking for crashing the 2nd Jumper. But seeing as it took the rail gun to kill one it seamed like a good choice. Slowly he took the jumper off as the rest of his team made their way down the spire to their truck and began to load up. Fred threw the Jumper in low towards the gate, still carefully, still not sure it wouldn't drop out the sky at any moment, and still not confident in his own flying skills, he saw SG-7 and gave them a wave through the front window as he landed the ship by where SG-1 had left their own truck. Once again he stood and his ribs hurt, he swallowed the pain and straightened his back as he picked up his rifle and opened the rear hatch walking out to see Coffin and his team as he sling his rifle.
"Find anything good on your Adventure Captain?" He asked as he glanced up to the tower, hoping to see the rest of his team comming via their truck, though he was also sure that Harly was fussing over the little details and he had a few minuets before they would arrive.

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
« Reply #78 on: February 08, 2019, 04:18:15 PM »

"Well, sir," Brian said, standing up, "Turns out P4H-51Y has a mine that might let us make our own ZPMs at some point. Gonna let the scientists take a whack at that."

"But General O'Neill asked if we had heard from SG-1, because according to him, they missed at least two check ins now. Sounds like we might get roped into an SAR op...assuming you guys are fit, that is." Brian continued. He wasn't going to bring more light to it than that, but he could tell there were some injuries of some kind going on. It came from being in a profession treating those who felt admitting to an injury was a sign of weakness. The irony was not lost on him that he was technically one of those in the latter category too.

"As much as I do not wish to abandon this site after all the prep work that went into it, we cannot ignore the very real danger present. P98-T8R could very well have become a base to an enemy force." Stan added.

"Orders were to link up with you, and then I guess we report back in and go from there. We turn this and -41Y over to the eggheads to pour over." Brian said. "Plus, I got the crap kicked out of me by one really angry critter back there, I'd rather not push my luck with two Ancient guardians in one day."

"We still have the Spear of Courage. That should solve that problem." Astrid commented.

"That was attuned to that defense system, my dear. Much like the sword at Avalon or Camelot was to their respective black knights. And I do not have Doctor Jackson's level of understanding of the Ancients to be guessing names of dragons." Stan replied.

"...remember when bullets and explosives used to solve our problems?" Denis asked. "And if they didn't work, you used more and bigger until it did?"

"Those were simpler times, my simple friend." Nikolai grunted.

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #79 on: February 08, 2019, 04:43:39 PM »

Major Fred Rivers
Captain Harly Green

Fred nodded as he listened to Coffin's report. He then mentioned being fit and Fred took a moment to think about it. He felt fine, mostly, it was just every now and then his ribs hurt or his bottom two fingers on his left hand. He could work with that he was sure. He'd worked with a staff blast in the back, why not this.
"We're fit and able, ribs hurt a little, I, sort of crashed a puddle jumper in to an Ancient robot." He shrugged "Some sort of mad scientist booby trap to his secret lair. It was that or drag the rail gun up all those stairs, after... I had... Sort of destroyed the stairs." He shrugged a little as he walked over to the DHD and started putting in the earth address, he was aware they wernt the only stairs up the tower, but still.
"Harly found another gate address, says it cant be real its too close to Earths and isnt in our datebase but we can check that out after we sort out SG One." They could hear SG-12's truck in the back ground, Fred felt no point in waiting for them to arrive before dialling. As Fred hit the second to last Panel he glanced over to Dennis and Nikolai's conversation. He remembered when the SGC had been like that for him, that ended when the Ori came alone and it felt like the Galaxy had yet to recover properly from that. Once the gate opened he took hold of his Mic and spoke.
"SGC this is Sierra Golf One Two, Just hooked up with Sierra Golf Seven, no sign of Colonel Mitchell and his team. But We did recover a Zed P M. And its likely worth sending a Science team here." He then remembered his comment about the stairs
"And an Engineering team with a ladder wouldn't go amiss either. But we found a Puddle Jumper here and we can go after Sierra Golf one if the Admiral gives us the all clear." he glanced to Coffin assuming he wasnt over stepping by Volunteering SG-7 for a SAR job.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 266
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #80 on: February 10, 2019, 03:40:13 PM »

*Radio*

"Major Rivers we've just heard from SG-7 a moment ago. The Admiral and General O'Neill  is here, wait one."
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Captain
« Reply #81 on: February 12, 2019, 12:53:29 PM »

"Major Rivers, this is Admiral McRaven. I need you and Captain Coffin to rally your teams and come on home right now. We've got two more teams inbound right now and they're probably getting a busy signal. We'll deal with your camp when we send a follow-up team."

"Well, you heard the man, team." Brian said, standing up. Denis passed the empty box around that the rations had come in to use for garbage before popping it into the back.

"Not a whole lot we're gonna do here anyway, sir. If we have to do an SAR, we're probably not properly equipped, and we're running pretty hard. We're 2 out of 25 teams. 24 minus SG-1, but still. We'll get someone on the case while we stand down." Brian added to Fred.

As soon as they were all ready, SG-7 went through the gate back to Earth.

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #82 on: February 12, 2019, 01:44:48 PM »

Major Fred Rivers
Captain Harly Green

Fred was a little disappointed to not be sent after SG-1 immediately, likely because he already knew as soon as they went for their post off world check up they would discover what he was beginning to suspect were some lightly fractured ribs and fingers and he'd be side lined for at least a few days, likely more.  he glanced to Coffin and nodded the Captain had a point, there were other teams.
"Yeah." He said as his team showed up and he waved them off to dismount. Harly cradling the ZPM as if it were a baby. "For a while it felt like the SGC only had three teams to its name." He shrugged, wincing again thanks to his ribs. Once SG-7 were through the gate SG-12 followed pretty quickly. Leaving the Jumpers and Trucks behind.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

lethal-pageant