Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19

Author Topic: P6G-12M  (Read 8205 times)

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 106
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
Re: P6G-12M
« Reply #255 on: September 19, 2019, 07:58:08 PM »

Cold, Al hated the cold. Something from past experiences had fused that into his brain like a bad stain on a carpet you could never remove. Then he had to laugh at his own folly, how could they possibly forget what they came for when one of them was no more than two hundred feet in front of them, yes partially hidden by the trees yet you still couldn't miss it.

He lifted his fist before taking a single step. "Hold up people we're forgetting something." Lowering his hand, Al pointed in the general direction of the Ancient ship. "We won't have to walk after all. Heckman, go do your thing and get that Jumper fired up. Major Gallagher, who on your team has the gene we need to fly the other ship once we locate it?" All they needed was a show of hands, it all came down to that.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 321
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #256 on: September 22, 2019, 07:59:41 PM »

When Reynolds spoke one didn't need to be poked in the ribs to get a move on. Besides, there was nothing more enjoyable than for a lowly airman to be put in a position where she was going to be effectively 'captain' of a ship. Granted Bonnie's promotion to Sergeant had come through, she simply hadn't had the time to see the Admiral in the last little while to have said promotion to be officiated.

"Self inflicted injury Bry, that's what I can get charged with if I neglect to eat and end up starving to rag and bones." She laughed, getting the mood light for what might be a dull all too straight forward mission. With the woman couldn't but help to feel justified in being two tenths of a smarty pants to the CO. "No one is getting within an inch of the rations Captain unless I've eyeballed them and the rations first; how's that?" Then she leaned into her pack, tilted forward slightly giving the Colonel a quick salute. "On it sir."

Moving swiftly but not so much the others couldn’t keep up with her, Bonnie reached the tree line where the Jumper had been left from 22’s last mission and sure enough the Engineers had been there. It was easy to tell how she discerned that small fact, there were some greasy rags left laying about, ends from cut wires and a few odd things like that. They had been told during the briefing that the two Jumpers being recovered today had received the hyper drive upgrades; very handy if limited in being they could only jump a certain number of light years, much less than the fleet ships, stop for ten minutes or so to let the unit cool down before jumping again.  It was hodge podge of course and eventually a permanent fix would be had, but better than no hyper drive at all.

Before the others were all in place, Bonnie stowed her gear near the inner bulkhead leading to the cockpit before moving into the pilot’s seat. Since the trip was going to be extremely short, it didn’t matter who sat where. Three seats left in front and the bench seats in back. First come first served at this point. Settled in she placed her hands on the control panel, the various crystal powered interfaces lit up with a hum. She turned in her seat to call out. “We’re on, ready to go.”

@sorra @Veteran52 @Cipherhornet18 @DanielRyder @Ellen_Ripley

Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 105
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #257 on: September 23, 2019, 08:44:39 PM »

Perfect.  No more walking,  that sounded good to Bryan.  He laughed a bit.  "Okay okay.  We don't need you turning to skin and bones," he agreed.  "So I definitely don't touch your rations."

He turned to jog after her as they headed for the Jumper.  This would be so much better then walking in the cold.  He stepped inside and took one of the front seats close to Bonnie.  "Just don't wreck us," he teased Bonnie.

Veteran52

• Technical Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 20
  • Veteran52 might someday be a gardener.Veteran52 might someday be a gardener.Veteran52 might someday be a gardener.Veteran52 might someday be a gardener.
« Reply #258 on: September 24, 2019, 02:29:07 PM »

<<To JUmper>>
Lt. Donovan was up with a quick step and moved effortlessly towards the jumper,backpack and weapons secured.He stood outside,near the ramp,awaiting his C.O's arrival.It would be good to not have to 'hoof it' back to the old city.He noted the improvements that had been completed by the Engineers and grinned"Im going to make it part of my job to learn more about these jumpers" he thought to himself.

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 77
  • DanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has Ascended
  • Before building something great, you destroy it
« Reply #259 on: September 26, 2019, 07:18:16 PM »

Guy, who obviously read the bios of new people before each mission, raised his hand and replied, "If there is a problem that we can't resolve even with the ancient gene, I can always use my computer. I have that usb that allows me to interface with ancient tech. He finished it with a singular pat on his backback and looked around the group. Shivering slightly, the sergeant quickly turned his head toward the captain's throat being cleared.

Clearing his throat, Taer spoke, "So, anyways," the captain sighed as Bonnie rushed forward into the jumper without much of an excuse me, coming through, he shook his head and rolled his eyes. Motioning with his hand forward, he replied, "Lets get out of this cold, people. I, for one, do not want to get caught freezing my butt off while being under fire,"

Keeping his rifle close, he checked his surroundings before moving forward into the cockpit of the Jumper and took his place in the front. Tapping Bonnie on the shoulder, the captain shook his head, "Couldn't wait to get started, couldn't you? Next time, I call shotgun on the pilot seat." Stowing his gear in the back, he returned to take his seat on the co-pilot side. Placing his hands together, he cracked his fingers and watched the HUD display.
Play Your Heart Out...

Character List

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 115
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
« Reply #260 on: October 02, 2019, 01:32:32 PM »

Jim fell into the column before then looking around at the mention of the Ancient gene. He raised his off-hand as they were heading into the Jumper.

"I've got the ATA, passed gene therapy. But uh, never got around to the course on how to use these things. Kind of had other stuff to deal with at the time, scheduling conflicts and whatever" Jim said, looking inside, "...hmm. Reminds me of a Phrog. Doesn't have an allergy to staying airborne like an Osprey, I hope."

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #261 on: October 04, 2019, 05:38:10 PM »

Al took a seat in back, no point in crowding the front area for the first short trip. "Captain Taer, I did give Heckman an order didn't I?" He said with slight amusement. Kids, all wanting to play with the toys. Now that everyone was in, he activated the rear door closure.

Listening to what was needed, he had to quickly rearrange things as they were. Leaning forward with his head in the cockpit opening he gave his mind. "Walker, move up here with me lad, Jim, best you slip in next to Heckman, she can give you the 101 on the fly, I don't think there is too much to it."

"Donovan, here son." He patted the cushion of the seat next to him.

Veteran52

• Technical Sergeant
  • Veteran52 might someday be a gardener.Veteran52 might someday be a gardener.Veteran52 might someday be a gardener.Veteran52 might someday be a gardener.
« Reply #262 on: October 07, 2019, 02:53:30 PM »

Lt.Donovan heard the Colonel and promptly moved up to the seat next to him.This reminded him of his dad,whenever the family would go on a week-end jaunt. With a slight grin,"Thank you Sir,I have to admit an increasing level of interest in the operation and maintenance of these jumpers.Its something I would like to become more familiar with them.

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #263 on: October 08, 2019, 06:47:00 PM »

Bryan glanced over as Al spoke up.  "Yes sir."  He quickly got up and switched seats.  "Keep her straight,  Bonnie," he smiled before sitting down back by Al.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 321
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #264 on: October 09, 2019, 12:01:06 AM »

"Sorry Cap, you know as the Colonel said just following orders." Bonnie grinned cheerfully, it was a wonderful thing for a non com to stick it to the officers, even if that officer was a part of your team; it still felt good. "Besides sir, you can't just jump in the seat and take off. While yeah its fairly basic, it does take some delicate thinking." As opposed to delicate handling, the mind did all that.

So Bryan was up and the new Colonel guy was riding shot got. Bonnie could deal with that easily, that could always start up a conversation in Spanish. "I will, well as best as my thought patterns can and you know how erratic they can be." She told Bry as he left.

"So Colonel, no XP eh? You're in good hands sir, I've logged a whole ten hours on these things." Which wasn't bad considering the rare opportunities one gets in flying a Jumper. "Not including training which was six hours, but I'm sure you won't need that for the basics."

Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #265 on: October 10, 2019, 04:45:52 PM »

"So long as Bonnie doesn't fly like she drives I'm okay with her up front." Al quipped as he settled in for what might be all of around two or three minutes flight time, if that.

He took a sideways glance at Donovan. "So you have some mechanical skills son?" He asked, whether or not that translated to Ancient technology or not was another thing. "I'm quite sure there is a rather long cue of geeks back at the SGC waiting to get their hands on these things; I don't think we really know enough about them do we?" He leaned forward a little. "Jim the only pilot I can think of who'd let one of these things fall out of the sky would be Rodney McKay."

Veteran52

• Technical Sergeant
« Reply #266 on: October 11, 2019, 04:01:38 PM »

<Jumper>
Lt. Donovan registered the Colonels question"Well Sir,I do have a bit of my Dads "shade tree mechanics" skills, but I am a bit rusty. But I am really interested in the overall concept of the origins of this alien tech. But Im glad that our techs and engineers have been able to adapt our tech to these jumpers,so that we can utilize them.If we could fully understand everything about them,we could,perhaps,link this knowledge to other uses. He grinned,But,yes,I am a bit of a geek.

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #267 on: October 15, 2019, 10:31:42 AM »

Bryan groaned before laughing a bit.  "That's what worries me," he teased Bonnie as he settled in for the short trip.  He raised a brow at Al.  "Just don't try to snag her keys.  She will attack," he chuckled.

He truly did Cate for Bonnie.  They just teased each other.   "That's pretty cool to have the gene," he said to Jim.   "These things seem quite interesting. "

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 77
  • DanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has Ascended
  • Before building something great, you destroy it
« Reply #268 on: October 18, 2019, 01:07:14 AM »

Captain Taer Amir, SG9 XO

Heckman, keep us flying steady, huh?" Taer sighed nodding at Bonnie at the pilot controls. He nodded at Jim before backing into the rear cockpit. Glancing at the viewscreen, Taer spoke, "We should probably get going."

Taking his seat, he checked his weapons and listened to the small conversation forming in the back. The captain responded, "I have the gene Colonel, but havent had a chance to fly the Jumper. Maybe later?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2019, 01:25:42 AM by DanielRyder »
Play Your Heart Out...

Character List

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 115
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
« Reply #269 on: October 18, 2019, 01:25:49 AM »

Jim stowed his rifle and took a seat, adjusting his ballcap to sit further up.

"Look, maybe this isn't the best time to get in a driving lesson, yeah?" Jim suggested, "We got more than enough people to fly this thing, let's just get the job done and we can do the rest later. I don't mean to cut you guys off or anything, but kind of feel like we're just getting sidetracked, y'know?" Jim spoke in an even voice, not admonishing.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19