Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Characters awaiting approval  (Read 132 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 235
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Characters awaiting approval
« on: July 31, 2018, 01:27:02 AM »

Post your initial character bio here, when approved it will be moved to the correct area.
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 56
  • DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!
  • I already lost one captain. I won't lose another
    • Inkitt.com
Re: Characters awaiting approval
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2018, 11:22:50 PM »

Image: See Attachment Below

Played By: DanielRyder

img 400x400

[BASIC STATS]

Full Name: Alexandria Isidora Maheras
           Alias: Artemis

Age/ Birthday: 32 (07/31/68)

Nationality: Greek

Rank, Title or Position: Sergeant, Hellenic Armed Forces for UN Peacekeeper

Height: 5'9"

Build: Athletic, well-built

Related Skills: Marksman, Basic survival skills, Basic first aid, Reconnaissance, Basic understanding of the Constellations (Basically she navigates by the stars and the moons)

Languages: Fluent in Greek and Persian, Understands and speaks English. Basic understanding of Arabic.

Unrelated Skills:

Credentials:

[DETAILED STATS]

Appearance:

Personality:

Hobbies/Interests:

Field/Work Experience:   

She enlisted right out of High School in 1985 when she was seventeen and went to the Academy for the military with her brother, Kratos. After graduating from boot camp, she became a part of the United Nations Peacekeeping force where she provided her skills and assistance wherever conflict was in the Middle East. In the Peacekeeping forces, she served in the military as a scout, combat medic and a marksmen. She didn’t have much combat experience under her belt, but she saw a lot of fights and became involved in several conflicts between late 1988 and 2000.

As a part of the UN Peacekeeping forces, she had been around and gained a basic understanding of several languages including Arabic and English. Because Greek was her main language growing up, she learned both Persian and English along the way. She picked up some Arabic dialects during her travels across the Middle East.

Personal History:
Much of her past is shrouded in mystery by necessity. Born in Delphi, Greece, Alexandria lived on the mountains where most of her fitness training revolved around running, hiking and general workout. She grew up with two brothers who she sparred with daily. Her parents were military. Her father was a combat fighter pilot who taught her to fly while her mother was a combat medic who taught her healing. She was named Artemis for her marksmen skill in Archery.

Being very Religious in her household, she grew up as a Christian Orthodox. Due to her frequent visits to the temple of Delphi, her belief grew to where she believed in more than one Gods. Her friends called her Artemis because of her skill in Archery and the constellations as well as her steadfast belief in right and wrong. She would protect others like her mother did as a combat medic during the war.

She frequently visits the ancient temple of Delphi. During her visits, she would occasionally camp out under the stars with her brothers. Her older brother taught both her younger brother and her the stars and how to survive in the wilderness. As she grew up, so did her strength as she grew stronger with longer endurance. She was a fit, well-built athlete by her late teens.

Her parents were nearly nonexistent in her life as they were almost always deployed. She saw her mother more than her father because of her medical position as a Surgeon in a Hospital near Athens. In short, she grew up with her brothers. When her older brother graduated from the air force academy, he joined with their father. As Alexandria finished school, she joined the military academy with her younger brother and both studied medicines, so they could serve in the Red Cross.

Relationships:
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 11:38:29 PM by DanielRyder »
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 235
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2018, 12:29:18 AM »

Please use the correct template and if you are going to have a Combat medic, add the relevant skills.

A Medic provides safe patient care from a controlled environment (health facility) or in the field through to independent routine and emergency medical management in the absence of a nurse or doctor.

This encompasses advanced first aid, prehospital emergency care, advanced life support, evacuation of casualties, resuscitation, hospital treatment and skilled nursing care for sick and wounded. They must be able to cope with conventional/unconventional injuries and illnesses in a variety of situations both controlled or austere working independently and effectively under Defence emergency conditions for prolonged periods.

All combat units include a medical element consisting of members of the RAAMC so that healthcare and emergency medical care is available to soldiers from the point of injury in battle back through to medical treatment facilities as their condition demands.

Medics work in five broad fields:

Professional practice
    Critical reasoning
    Clinical practice/patient care
    Health administration and
    Team work and leadership

A combat medic trains in a large variety of medical education and not just for combat situations. They learn how to properly attend to injured, ill, and wounded soldiers. They learn how to place an IV, how to properly and safely transport injured and wounded soldiers, and how to properly document medical records. They train to at least an EMT basic level. They are nurses, providers, and life savers.

Their responsibilities are to provide trauma first-aid care on the battlefield and in a troop medical clinic. They are also tasked with providing continuing medical care in the absence of a physician, including care for disease and battle injuries. The combat medic is assigned to each specific unit and will serve with them in all combat actions. They must know how to properly and accurately fire a weapon and qualify with their weapon just the same as combat soldiers (Side arm only). Their duties include assisting with outpatient and inpatient care and treatment. They will prepare blood samples for lab testing and prepare operating rooms, supplies, and equipment for surgery.

Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2018, 12:44:42 AM »

Ive updated it. Still got some areas to fill out, so I'll do it in the morning.

Credentials...I guess private pilot license, but that's small compared to the other stuff. She's a scout, but maybe certified to fix down vehicles? She doesnt have a lot of credentials, so cross that out?

Trying to keep it simple...
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Character List

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • First Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2018, 08:36:30 PM »

I'm sorry, but I need to reject this on several reasons.

1 - There were no UN peacekeeping missions for Greece to participate in. The closest anything would happen to that would be any operations pulled on Cyprus. Once the war started, the UN ceased to exist figuratively and then quite literally.

2 - Greece and Italy left NATO at the start of hostilities in Germany, and used it as an excuse to try and kick Turkey's teeth in. This has lasted until Greece's government collapsed into scattered city-state military juntas. As such, your character reaching Texas is outright impossible.

3 - The worship of ancient Greek deities thing is really out of touch with modern Greece, which is predominately an Eastern Orthodox nation. I feel like this would be as insulting to a modern Greek as suggesting a modern Egyptian still worships Ra and Anubis.

In short, while I know it's hard to write for a character when you don't have the complete history, this is just outright impossible to even try saving.

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2018, 08:47:44 PM »

Hey. Never say never  :P >(

I can still fix it. Im pretty good with bios. I'll figure something out. I just saw your recent post about where the rp is set, so my mind was kinda not in the right place. Or to say. Whatever that saying goes...

I need to research I guess. Starting by reading the new posts and re reading what the plot is about. My mistake in creating this bio is not following along with your idea of a different setting because I used the most current basic setting of what our world was set on which isn't where the rp was set. This rp is technically "Fallout", like some happened that created a complete post apocalyptic nightmare or something. Sorry. I overthink things...

*ahem*

I have a new option that popped up in mind, but won't say anything more till I get the actual bio out.

Character List

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • First Lieutenant
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2018, 08:50:06 PM »

It might be better if you do tell me what you're planning so I can catch things before I have to outright reject it again.

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2018, 08:55:41 PM »

Oh fine  >(  She has Greek Origins  but lives in America. So, her family lives in America. At least, simple I think? Somewhere near the Texan/Mexican border, so she has some Spanish skills. At least. I think I should probably make her not foreign. Since I have no clue as to what being a foreigner feels like. I can imagine, but no, American born but with some Greek ancestry and she might have a Religion. Maybe not?

Character List

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • First Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2018, 09:24:18 PM »

The crowbar'ing in of Spanish is a bit meta. I spent most of my life in Arizona and I retained German far better than I did Spanish. The most I know of Spanish is basic greeting and curse words. Also, I'm not allowing anyone to be from South Texas without good reason because that's even more meta. Houston is about as far as I'm willing to allow for the character-scale RP.

The Greek angle really makes no sense to me but I'm not a cop, do whatever there, just if that's an excuse to crowbar in worshiping gods like this is Battlestar Galactica, then absolutely not. I mean, go ask one of our Italians if they still worship the Roman pantheon, it's that outlandish and a little insulting from where I sit. Otherwise, her religious beliefs are her own and I really see it as irrelevant in this case. Cohen's only comes up because she's Israeli, but even then, that's not what defines her character only.

Then the questions are

1 - By 1996, was she 18? If older, then what did she do prior to the war breaking out? Remember that prior to the war breaking out, rules still were in place prohibiting females serving combat roles in the US Armed Forces. These rules, I'll say, were tossed out by 1997 and females were included as being able for the National Draft Service by 1998. So prior to 1997, she cannot have served in a combat unit except in the Air Force as a pilot for fighters or bombers.

2 - What theater was she in prior to getting to Texas? Europe, Middle East or was she still in the United States, since units stopped being shipped out by 1999. If you cant decide on that, then pick a unit she was with and that'll narrow it down. I will say this, and this goes for everyone - don't pick something you don't know and if you're not knowledgeable about the military, picking something like Delta Force or the Rangers might not be the best idea since they're not taking draftees/conscripts into those units who have no idea what is going. Going National Guard might be a better fit for someone who is not as in the know.

3 - Figuring out a role would be nice. And I'll say this now, I'm not super keen on taking another medical type, with Cohen being IAF Paraescue and I guess Cate is trying to do that too.

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2018, 10:42:56 PM »

Oh I got her role straightened out. I've updated it to remove the medical thing entirely, so she's a scout and marksmen. I mean, if we need another scout, it doesnt hurt to have one in handy.

As for the rest of the questions, I'll figure out something by then.  :yes:

Character List

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • First Lieutenant
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2018, 01:16:14 AM »

"Scout" isn't really a profession in the modern armed forces, not with technology the way it is. The closest being are like Cavalry Scouts, but they're still attached to Cavalry units, which today are mechanized. Recon is otherwise handled just giving the job to a small team in a unit or by Special Forces in some cases.

Marksman is fine, I suppose, there is still the use of a Squad Designated Marksman. This, I should point out, is not the same as a sniper. Marksmen are typically issued rifles that are just a bit more accurate and better suited for slightly longer ranged shooting than regular riflemen weapons. A sniper, on the other hand, is a dedicated role outside of a squad and are typically Special Forces and few and far between.