Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Picard is back!  (Read 100 times)

Troy

• Second Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • Troy is a rising star!Troy is a rising star!Troy is a rising star!Troy is a rising star!Troy is a rising star!Troy is a rising star!
Picard is back!
« on: August 04, 2018, 08:26:19 PM »

We are officially getting more Jean-Luc Picard! :yes: :yes:  :D :D

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • First Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
Re: Picard is back!
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2018, 08:59:22 PM »

It's got me wondering, to be honest. Will something happen with ST Discover? Is he going to appear in STO (as much as I'd like that, it'd be a waste of his talents, and this is too high key to be that)? Or do we have something new coming?

Either way, it's good to have him back.

Troy

• Second Lieutenant
  • Troy is a rising star!Troy is a rising star!Troy is a rising star!Troy is a rising star!Troy is a rising star!Troy is a rising star!
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2018, 09:39:26 PM »

It's a new show. There's a point in his speech that Sir Patrick Stewart says it will be Picard 20 years later than Nemesis.

The new series will be spearheaded by Star Trek: Discovery showrunner Alex Kurtzman, and “tell the story of the next chapter of Picard’s life.” No further details, such as a timetable for release, have been announced.

“With overwhelming joy, it’s a privilege to welcome Sir Patrick Stewart back to the Star Trek fold,” Kurtzman said in a statement. “For over 20 years, fans have hoped for the return of Captain Jean-Luc Picard and that day is finally here. We can’t wait to forge new ground, surprise people, and honor generations both new and old.”
« Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 09:43:06 PM by Troy »

MissCobra1018

• Airman
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • MissCobra1018 A new starter.
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2018, 01:46:16 PM »

This is exciting news! I'm disappointed to hear it's going to also be on CBS All Access. I didn't get it for Discovery...I wonder if I got it now/when this new show comes out, can you watch Discovery from the beginning or do the episodes go away after a while? I wonder if it'd be worth it for two Star Trek shows...
"There is really only one thing we can ever truly control: whether we are good or evil." - Oma Desala

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • First Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2018, 01:51:39 PM »

It's happening all over. I mean, until I bought the DVDs, I couldn't watch SW: Rebels because I didn't have Disney's streaming service or cable TV to watch it. Everyone is hell bent on keeping "their" material on their streaming service.

I still missed a good chunk of the Grand Tour because I don't have Amazon Prime...

Mooseman

• Recruit
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Mooseman A new starter.
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2018, 09:31:23 AM »

I’m glad that Star Trek storyline is finally moving forward again. The last time it did was in the Nemesis movie in 2002. Everything thing since then were prequels.

I’m also disappointed about it being CBS streaming. I already subscribe to 3 services, I’m not going to add another for 1 show.

Teddy

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Teddy is on the verge of being accepted.Teddy is on the verge of being accepted.Teddy is on the verge of being accepted.Teddy is on the verge of being accepted.Teddy is on the verge of being accepted.
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2018, 12:38:34 PM »

I think of all the Captains, Ben Sisko and Jean Luc are the best ones, and it will be good to see Jean Luc back

MissCobra1018

• Airman
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2018, 01:35:20 PM »

@Cipherhornet18 @Mooseman
Yes, I subscribe to two services, but constantly wondering if I should switch or add some. I have some friends who don't have cable and just subscribe to a few services, I think like 5 or something. I wonder if I should try that? Cable is so darn expensive. But that would be so confusing and complicated. Then there are instances like this where there's a show I really want to watch but it's on a service I don't have. Ugh it's so frustrating.

Like I said, it wasn't worth it for Discovery, but we'll see if it's worth it for 2 Trek shows. Or should I just buy the DVDs? Will DVDs be available for these shows? And I don't like the idea of buying DVDs of shows I have never seen...

And it is exciting to have the story move forward! I haven't been a fan of the prequels, really. My family loves them, but Kirk is my least favorite Captain and aren't they in a different timeline? That frustrates me because in my mind that makes none of it "matter" to the Star Trek universe.
"There is really only one thing we can ever truly control: whether we are good or evil." - Oma Desala

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 235
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2018, 09:57:21 PM »

So here is the important question :D

Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Troy

• Second Lieutenant
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2018, 10:31:17 PM »

I have a feeling Discovery will remain on CBS for a while. Season 1 will be released on DVD/blu ray in early November for those in the US and Canada. International release is not yet known.

If nothing else you can wait until Disco season 2 is over and binge both seasons on the free trial.

I'm not renewing my subscription until season 2 starts.

That would be cool if Stargate came back. Not sure how it would happen but thankfully that's not my worry

MissCobra1018

• Airman
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2018, 04:36:11 PM »

So here is the important question :D

Yes very important. It would be so "out of this world!" if we had new Star Trek and new Stargate material at the same time!  :yes:

@Troy if the entire first and second season are available at the same time after season 2, that would definitely make it worth it. I can binge like it's my job  :yes:  :lol

lethal-pageant