Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Fringe  (Read 42 times)

MissCobra1018

• Recruit
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • MissCobra1018 A new starter.
Fringe
« on: August 06, 2018, 04:24:36 PM »

I loved this show, one of the few I watched on live TV as it came out. I thought it was some of the best sci-fi (sci-fi horror kindof) since Star Trek/Stargate. Not a huge fan of the last season but I loved the rest of it.

Anyone else here Fringe fans? What was your favorite aspect of the show? Favorite character?
"There is really only one thing we can ever truly control: whether we are good or evil." - Oma Desala

Troy

• Second Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • Troy is on the verge of being accepted.Troy is on the verge of being accepted.Troy is on the verge of being accepted.Troy is on the verge of being accepted.Troy is on the verge of being accepted.
Re: Fringe
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2018, 04:36:01 PM »

I watched some of it. Haven't seen the full series. I'll eventually get around to watching the whole thing.

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 51
  • DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.
  • I already lost one captain. I won't lose another
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2018, 05:31:14 PM »

Saw that TV show twice. Seasons 1-5. I believe its 5 seasons. That's how much I liked it. But its been so long since I last saw the show, so I might think about binge watching it again. Anna Torv was pretty awesome as the main character and she's pretty good in her role. Good actor. As is other actors as well.

Decent show to watch. Like X-files, only better. No offence, but the quote "The truth is out there" by Fox Mulder gets tiring  :P  >(  :sam10
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

MissCobra1018

• Recruit
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2018, 05:46:40 PM »

Anna Torv was really spectacular. She had some challenging scenes. I think my favorite, however, was Walter. And I loved the Walter vs. Walternate storylines.

I didn't ever watch X-Files, not sure why really. But I did imagine Fringe was very similar. It's been awhile since I've seen it, too. I'm currently trying to watch a bunch of shows I've never seen before, though, so rewatches are being pushed aside for a while.
"There is really only one thing we can ever truly control: whether we are good or evil." - Oma Desala

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 51
  • DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.
  • I already lost one captain. I won't lose another
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2018, 05:52:14 PM »

Oh you should watch the X-Files. Although it is 9 seasons long, its pretty fun to watch it to pass the time. Should warn you though. Some episodes can be pretty scary, but the show itself is good.
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2018, 04:33:22 AM »

Oh yeah!
Love that series! Got the DVDs at home and think I've seen it about two or three times? Some ep's more than others too...

Favorite char? Well *hrmm* have a look at what actor I've chosen to in the RP-section for my char Mike ;)

Then again, I really love the entire cast. They're good in their interaction with each other, how they portray their char's, char development over the seasons...
And how Anna Torv and John Noble manage to do those subtile changes in their char's when doing their alternate version! It's Olivia and Walter alright, but then they're not. Great acting!
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 04:34:57 AM by NG »

Khnum

• Major
  • Reputation Power: 78
  • Khnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has Ascended
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2018, 11:43:14 AM »

Fringe ... I've seen a few episodes and no one in a row, so I can not give an opinion about this series

Teddy

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Teddy is on the verge of being accepted.Teddy is on the verge of being accepted.Teddy is on the verge of being accepted.Teddy is on the verge of being accepted.Teddy is on the verge of being accepted.
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2018, 12:32:26 PM »

I liked it, and I was fond of Walter, all the actors were good in their roles and it was interesting.
Do watch X Files, great series, as well as Warehouse 13 my personal favourite

I loved the episode where Olivia's car shows up, then near the end she comes flying thro the windscreen, totally unexpected.   I did like Alt Olivia as well.

MissCobra1018

• Recruit
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2018, 01:25:54 PM »

Oh you should watch the X-Files. Although it is 9 seasons long, its pretty fun to watch it to pass the time. Should warn you though. Some episodes can be pretty scary, but the show itself is good.

Oh I'm not concerned about scary, haha. Is it scarier than Fringe? How about Sleepy Hollow (tv show)? I'm less into horror/thrillers now than I used to be, but I still enjoy a good scare now and then  :)

And how Anna Torv and John Noble manage to do those subtile changes in their char's when doing their alternate version! It's Olivia and Walter alright, but then they're not. Great acting!

Yes, that was the best part about Fringe, the alternate universe dynamic. They did such a great job portraying their characters differently. In a lot of shows the actors may have to do something similar once in a while, for a short time, but these guys had to do it regularly for episodes at a time! They did such a great job. Oh and I loved the dirigibles. haha

Do watch X Files, great series, as well as Warehouse 13 my personal favourite

I like Warehouse 13, too! Only seen it once all the way through. Such a different atmosphere to that show, though. Funny and lighthearted, and very fast paced. I like both, but I think I prefer the kinda darker more serious atmosphere, and slower pace of Fringe. I think Stargate is a balance in between. Not dark, but not super funny and lighthearted either. And a good paced show, in my opinion. Sorry, I guess getting a bit  :OT   Haha not sure the etiquette here yet

Teddy

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Teddy is on the verge of being accepted.Teddy is on the verge of being accepted.Teddy is on the verge of being accepted.Teddy is on the verge of being accepted.Teddy is on the verge of being accepted.
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2018, 02:57:26 PM »

Do not worry too much, we all do it, so long as we do not go too far from the subject we are ok.

Khnum

• Major
  • Reputation Power: 78
  • Khnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has Ascended
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2018, 05:31:34 AM »

In Italy Fringe did not get so much success so much that they relegated him in the late evening up to remove it directly :argh!

This is why I have never seen it all or anyway in sufficient number of episodes to make a judgment