Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Possible sick leave  (Read 276 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 249
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Possible sick leave
« on: August 10, 2018, 09:23:39 PM »

Hi everyone,

I've been able to let Cipher know at this point. My Lupus has flared up again severely, this time in my legs making it almost impossible to walk let alone think. When they ask how is your pain from 1-10, I will say 20, it is that bad.

So if I disappear for a few days you'll know why and since Mum has to use my computer, she won't go to my place when I'm not so if this happens she'll be absent as well.

Melanie.
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Sci

• Chief Master Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • Sci Thumb turning green.Sci Thumb turning green.
Re: Possible sick leave
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2018, 10:38:21 PM »

So sorry to hear this, Mel. I hope they can get you some relief soon so that you can be back to your old sassy self! <HUGS>

Love ya!

SithLordOfSnark

• Airman
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • SithLordOfSnark A new starter.
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2018, 12:31:08 AM »

Hope it gets better for you, Mel.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 84
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2018, 05:58:49 PM »

Mel went back to her GP on Saturday, since they had the results from her previous hospital visit back in July her doctor found she has an infection of cellulitis. She is on anti-biotics as of now and she is doing quite well. I expect her to be back to normal within a day or so. She may be able to be here later today. Thank you all for your concern and thoughts.
@Sci @SithLordOfSnark

Sci

• Chief Master Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2018, 07:57:38 PM »

Thanks for the update, Maz. I'm not glad that it's an infection, however, I am glad it is something that can be handled with a relatively simple treatment.

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 91
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2018, 07:58:59 PM »

Oh dear.  Take care Mel!

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 84
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2018, 08:18:33 PM »

Until we can pin point the cause, Mel has been 'ordered' to stay away from gardening.  :fp That is going to be a hard ask I'm afraid.

Sci

• Chief Master Sergeant
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2018, 08:28:29 PM »

Oh my! Too bad she isn't more like me in that respect - I'm not a fan of gardening - veggie or flower.  *o

Hubby tends to the veggie garden (I usually wash and deliver extra produce we don't eat) and I don't really have a flower garden - yet! Unless, of course, you count the hillside where we are ''trying'' to establish some ground-covering perennials (without much luck). I don't have the balance to do the hillside or the ability to stay bent over that long so he was weeding that. Until we had the landscaper in - he was supposed to have killed the weeds before mulching it - needless to say - it did NOT work!!

Bluebell722

• Senior Master Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Bluebell722 hides in shadows.
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2018, 11:00:38 PM »

So sorry to hear about this! Hope you get better soon, for your sake. We'll be here when you're ready.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 249
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2018, 11:45:15 PM »

not 100%, maybe 75% but that is a heck of a lot better than I was last week, especially Saturday. My legs are still sore but I can feel they have improved. Thanks everyone so much for your beautiful thoughts, I think they helped :)

Um gardening? well not for a bit anyway. Gotta figure out where the infection came from  :look
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 59
  • DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!
  • I already lost one captain. I won't lose another
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2018, 01:26:33 AM »

Ahh. Sorry Mel. Please feel better...
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

Veteran52

• Staff Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Veteran52 is working their way up.Veteran52 is working their way up.Veteran52 is working their way up.
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2018, 01:28:28 PM »

Hey Mel,
I just read about your Lupus flaring up.  Im really sorry to hear about this.  Im sending prayers for you to get better!  While I don't know much about LUPUS, except for what I seen here, I do know about the Cellulitis.  Its not fun, but I believe that you have shown your strength and you will get better soon.  Ive had cellulitis for many years, related to my diabetes.  Having to wrap my legs with multiple layes of bandages/wraps to help keep the swelling down.  Just know that WE are all pulling for you and that you have a great support team there, with your family.  Get better!!  Mark

MissCobra1018

• Airman
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • MissCobra1018 A new starter.
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2018, 03:38:10 PM »

Oh no! So sorry, this sounds awful. Hope you get back to 100% soon!
"There is really only one thing we can ever truly control: whether we are good or evil." - Oma Desala

Khnum

• Major
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • Khnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has Ascended
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2018, 04:57:49 AM »

As a chronic immunodepress I can understand what is going on to Mel ... I can not do anything and I regret it, I can only wish her to get back in force for the umpteenth time :^

Altzek

• Technical Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 19
  • Altzek is working their way up.Altzek is working their way up.Altzek is working their way up.
  • No
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2018, 12:41:30 PM »

Sorry to hear that. Hope you get well soon.
Pages: [1] 2

lethal-pageant