Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Cartagena Columbia  (Read 725 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 244
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Re: Cartagena Columbia
« Reply #60 on: October 30, 2018, 06:23:04 PM »

<Outside the wire north by west>

The beam in was straight forward, it was a matter of seconds from the SGC to Columbia a fact that never escaped Ben's attention; he still marveled at it no matter how many times he had been moved around by that wonderful method (this made it about the sixth time for him). The position they were placed put them slightly downhill from the warehouse perimeter wire which was a good thing for only the guards in the tower could see them and only if they turned in their direction. The noise from the enemy was such that even now if hosed down the tower with his M249 they'd be unlikely to hear them. He pulled the NVG down over his face, secured his gear and moved forward to the rise at a crouch. From that point he counted two in the tower who were following the events below them. Beyond that Ben counted ten hostiles near the rear of the building, six beyond them near the second tower, although he couldn't make out any guards in that tower. "Okay, as soon as we start our little party we'll either attract those from the main gate, or they simply won't hear us. On my mark, Taer blow the fence, the instant you lob that frag, Hurley and I will eliminate the nearest Tangos."

@SGDelta @DanielRyder
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

SGDelta

• Recruit
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • SGDelta A new starter.
« Reply #61 on: October 31, 2018, 03:58:35 AM »

{CWO5 Michael Hurley, USN}

Taskforce Blackbird appeared among the trees near the lake in a blinding flash of light. The light was an unfortunate side effect of the technology, but it was a trade-off for speed. With any luck the trees and their downhill position, while a tactical disadvantage, would cover their insertion.

Hurley folded his four-tube NVGs down into position, a recent addition to the armoury. Looking through the green tinted lenses was a huge improve on the old two-tube goggles, which had been like walking around with blinders on. The SEAL teams overseas were loving the new tech.

Michael got down on the ground and readied his weapon as the Colonel tasked Captain Amir with blowing a hole through the fence; much quicker than the usual bolter cutter approach. Through his optics he sighted the two sentries in the tower, and rested his finger on the trigger guard. "Ready.". Things were about to get loud.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #62 on: October 31, 2018, 03:24:22 PM »

<Warehouse #1>

Al took a chance to take a very quick look out the door to the right, then ducked back in as quickly. "They're in. Bonnie unlock the door, I'm taking an educated guess the largest force will be by or near the front entrance, we head north towards the back fence. Expect some opposition as we move up, it'll happen quickly. Nealson, make for the corner watch tower, get underneath it and we'll cover you. We need a hole in the fence and quickly. Walker here." Reynolds moved his smaller side pack around, extracting his four fragmentation grenades. "Use these wisely, it'll be much quicker than trying to pick off individuals in a group. On my mark." He counted to ten, listening to the oncoming enemy through the building. "As soon as we're near the fenceline, we'll blow this place on their heads. Bonnie now open it up!" Al stood behind her, weapon ready to do its work.

@sorra @Bluebell722 @Mim

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!
  • I already lost one captain. I won't lose another
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #63 on: October 31, 2018, 08:52:48 PM »

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

From before the walls of the compound, a quick flash of light illuminated the area as three men appeared. Taer was ready with the grenade on hand. Beaming in was an old hat to him. He's done this many times before especially in the Alpha Site. With his rifle behind him, he quickly crouched while pulling down his NVG over his naked crown. Looking through the vision, he noted the area clearly in the night. From there he studied the opposition with one grenade on hand and his finger to prepare the trigger.

The captain responded softly in his gruff middle Eastern accent so that both Ben and Hurley can hear, "Ready."

"Oh yeah, my underarm is good, he thought to himself as his finger on the pin started to itch.

« Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 08:55:34 PM by DanielRyder »
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #64 on: November 01, 2018, 05:00:24 PM »

Bryan was itching to move.  He hadn't being pinned down like this without a plan.  Although it sounded like Al had something up his sleeve.  He quickly moved around as Al called him over, a smile touching his lips. "Nice," he whistled lowly, taking the grenades.  He would certainly use them wisely.  He glanced at Bonnie, waiting for her to open the door.  He had no doubt they were about to be out numbered and maybe outgunned if they weren't careful.   Although he didn't know exactly who they had as backup at the moment.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #65 on: November 01, 2018, 10:44:47 PM »

<Warehouse #1>

"Good to go." Bonnie checked everything one last time, making sure that hard drive was secured and wouldn't jump out of her pocket. Leaning against the exit door she used her heightened hearing, sounds she detected were both north and south but not directly outside. She lifted her weapon at the ready position, inserted the key turning it sharply, the door unlocked with a solid click. Pushing it open a couple of inches she peered out, then enough to get her head out with the NVG's still in place. "Clear!" She exclaimed then darted out taking up a defensive position against the wall of the smaller building opposite.
Far Dareis Mai

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #66 on: November 02, 2018, 01:19:10 AM »

<Outside the wire north by west>

Ben grunted as he went from the prone to the crouch, he brought the SAW up holding it firmly against the side of his stomach. This was going to be dicey yet he was more than confident he was going home to the wife and kids tonight. "Now!" That was all they needed.

So it was, a well choreographed dance as Ben stood with his knees bent moving forward in that strange walk Special Forces had adapted. With short bursts he swept his weapon left to right with four of the enemy going down quickly. Hurley had the immediate task of taking out the tower guards, Taer to blow the fence; they had to work as one single entity, like a machine on remote control.
Far Dareis Mai

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #67 on: November 02, 2018, 04:22:08 PM »

At that moment Ben said it, Taer quickly on reflex pulled the pin and spun the grenade toward his mark. With only five seconds on the timer, it exploded the fence. Dropping to his other knee, Taer in sequence pulled his rifle out and checked making sure it was on

When the grenade exploded against the bottom of the fence, it tore a man sized hole in the wire and bringing down one of the supports. It ripped apart the floor above the supports that got taken down and pulled down one of the enemy who was just way too close. Taer smirked at his destruction capability.

Checking to see if his NVG's was secured, he stood to the side of Ben while moving his weapon forward and moved in lockstep with him. "Party time." He chuckled.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 09:50:00 PM by DanielRyder »
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Character List

Bluebell722

• Senior Master Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Bluebell722 hides in shadows.
« Reply #68 on: November 02, 2018, 11:10:43 PM »

<Warehouse #1>

Jon listened to Reynolds's orders, acknowledged them, and moved to position to head for the northwest corner guardpost along the fence once they were outside. He had a frag grenade, he had his lucky charm, and he was ready to do some damage. SG-9 was his team. He readied his weapon and waited.

As soon as Heckman called the clear, he bolted for his target, lucky charm up shielding him till he had to return fire.

[/color]

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #69 on: November 05, 2018, 08:35:41 PM »

<Warehouse #1>

Al was next out, weapon lifted and ready. As he crossed that invisible line that went from the darkness of the building into the lights of the compound and back into the dark again he felt the ripple through the ground of an explosion. That definitely wasn't them and he knew by instinct it was a grenade thrown some distance off; either someone else has joined the party, or the SGC has sent the cavalry.

Moving past Jon and Bonnie, he waved Walker on then kept moving forward until the first of the guards were visible, those nearest to their objective the north eastern guard tower. Reynolds leaned slightly to the right and fired once then ducked back to the wall, with his head turning to the left to catch the sight of several other guards going down near the western side of the fence. "Come on people, we've a bus to catch!" He called over his radio to the rest of the team some thirty meters behind him.

@sorra

SGDelta

• Recruit
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • SGDelta A new starter.
« Reply #70 on: November 06, 2018, 04:52:18 AM »

{CWO5 Michael Hurley, USN}

On the colonel's order, the thunder started.

The SEAL officer peered through his optics up at the two occupants of the guard tower. Admiral McRaven had not given them clear rules of engagement, so TF Blackbird was making it up as they went. Through the green haze of his NVGs he could see that the guards were both wearing identical beanies, pulled down just a little too far over their foreheads. Based on the old SG-1 reports he had read, that was a tell-tale signs they were Jaffa.

While the Geneva Convention did not cover alien lifeforms, Hurley nonetheless waited for hostile intent before engaging. He did not have the wait long. Seconds after MacGregor opened fire the two tower guards spun in his direction and brought up their weapons.

Hurley double tapped the first guard before he could get his weapon up, and dropped the second shortly after he opened fire. "Tower clear!"

Captain Amir's grenade ripped apart the wire fence encircling the compound, giving them an entry point. Hurley clambered to his feet, slowed fractionally by his bad knees. He fell in behind MacGregor, covering down the western side of the building as the SAS officer's squad weapon cut through the enemy ranks.

A hostile emerged from a doorway down the side of the building and opened fire. Hurley paused for a moment, sighted down the weapon, and opened fire. The hostile ducked back into the building, pulling the door shut behind him.

In the darkness, SG-3 could be seen emerging from the rear of the compound. "Friendlies coming out, ten o'clock."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #71 on: November 06, 2018, 06:13:34 PM »

<Warehouse #1>

Tap and run, tap and run. Ben ducked twice as his instincts took over when his team moved forward; they were quick despite the opposition, who by now had could see were made up of local mercenaries and the odd Jaffa here and there. So far he hadn't passed any Goa'uld weapons being used by them, but that didn't mean there wasn't any present. He looked up as Hurley called clear, seeing those two slump lifted his spirits, the old man had put a good man on the team.

Even as he moved the thought occurred to him the bodies of the Jaffa will need to be recovered before anyone else arrived. "Taer!" Check right." He shouted as Ben saw a group far off near the front end of the compound start to move in their direction, they were about 250 to 300 meters away so for him to waste ammo from his SAW would be, a waste. But Ben didn't hesitate pulling a frag and lobbing in their direction, and while the distance was daunting, it had the effect of making them pause when it did go off about 80 meters from where he stood. "Frak it!" He yelled squeezing his trigger in short bursts at those nearest to him, and that cleared all but those nearest the second guard tower directly opposite them. He saw one go down from a burst of fire from between the buildings, at the same time hearing Hurley's warning and a radio call. "Sierra Golf Niner, the cavalry have arrived, we're on your 9 o'clock." Then Ben moved to the door that had just been closed, he tried it and found it locked. He looked back to his team. "C4?" Why not he thought but as his eyes moved forward, there was a huge industrial sized roller door just up ahead and it was open and....he heard more carnage from inside. Bugger the small door, that bloke has bolted. Ben moved forward using his left arm to signal Hurley and Taer to move up to him, all the while keeping an eye on those remaining near the north east corner of the compound. Ben pulled another frag, his idea was for all three of them to throw a grenade at the same time, spreading out the explosive effect in the near entrance of that end of the warehouse.

(Please check the map every now and then.)
Far Dareis Mai

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #72 on: November 06, 2018, 11:12:56 PM »

Ben's shout woke him as Taer's face turned professional and serious. Checking his right, he pointed and fired several bursts at the group. He lowered the weapon slightly watching the group scatter as a grenade was lobbed in their general direction. "Nice," Taer muttered. It had been awhile since he'd been in this firefight since leaving Earth for the Alpha Site. While it was no so nice being back home for him, it still had a few nice perks.

The captain remembered that he had some tags on him so he could tag the Jaffa or any such weapons they encounter. Stepping up behind them, Taer spoke acknowledging both Ben and Hurley, "On your six,"

Taer had ducked into a slight crouch following his team toward the door and stepped in quickly behind both men guarding their rear. Seeing that Ben was thinking as he pulled out a grenade, but the captain wasn't sure exactly.

Character List

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #73 on: November 07, 2018, 05:01:30 PM »

<Warehouse #1>

Bryan kept a close eye on their surroundings.  This did not seem right at all.  They still weren't 100 percent sure what was going on here, but his gut said it wasn't bad.  He watched as his team moved forward, nodding as Reynolds motioned him forward.

He darted out, staying low while planning his rifle.  He caught movement to his right out of the corner of his eye.  Bryan spun, rifle up and ready.  It took two heartbeats to know this was not a friendly as he silently squeezed the trigger on his rifle.  The Jaffa or who he assumed was a Jaffa fell without being able to do any damage to his team.  He breathed a quick breath as he hurried up to where Reynolds waited.  "A bus huh? Sounds great right about now."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #74 on: November 08, 2018, 12:37:04 AM »

<Warehouse #1>

Bonnie was last, it was her job to guard the rear and she took that job extremely seriously. As each member of the team moved past her to stand with the Colonel, she edged forward slowly, watching both the door the just left and the front southern end of the warehouse. She silently prayed that those trying to get in from the front hadn't cottoned onto the fact their quarry had already left. They would soon enough.

Satisfied no one was on their six she moved up quickly to stand just to the left of Bryan, Jon and Albert, from her position she went to one knee using her small size to advantage and her better than your average eyes to the best effect. Immediately her sight was drawn to the north eastern tower, there were two hostiles in the looking right down on them with one tracking a heavy MG, not in their direction, but straight ahead to the west. Her rifle was lined up, she didn't even need the NVG's for this as she sighted through the scope; squeezing the trigger twice one shot after the other with practiced ease. Both men just vanished behind their ineffective little wall. All that was left were four men starting to edge back towards the fence as they sensed more than anything their number was up.

Bonnie recognised the voice, or more correctly the accent. "Sierra Golf Niner copy. four tangos at your one o'clock sir." Bang! Now there were only three.

@SGDelta 
Far Dareis Mai
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6