Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Stargate Command Lvl 21- Psychology Unit  (Read 344 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 285
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Stargate Command Lvl 21- Psychology Unit
« on: August 16, 2018, 11:54:23 PM »

The permanent office of Doctor Annie Horowitz, the SGC lead Psychologist. It is located right opposite the main doors of the primary Medical wing, spacious and comfortable with three rooms. Annie's main office, her consultation room and the waiting room. The most striking thing you will see here is a large portrait of her former mentor Doctor Sidney Freedman, himself a Korean War veteran. Below that on a shelf is an uncapped ten year old bottle of Jack Daniels.

Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
Re: Stargate Command Lvl 21- Psychology Unit
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2018, 11:57:58 PM »

They had been back two days now. But time was fluid when you're crossing the vastness of the Galaxies, so in effect Cate had lost a day by the time she did what she had to do. Still in the grand scheme of things it mattered little. Cate had touched base briefly with her team, then home to her Mother, dropped in to see Sam and the babies, played a round of pool with Jack O'Neill (She let the old guy win), then drew up the gumption to come back to see Annie on some unfinished business. "Knock, knock." She said at the door post. "Can I see you for a moment Annie?"

@Bluebell722
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 04:18:20 PM by Mim »

Bluebell722

• Senior Master Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Bluebell722 hides in shadows.
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2018, 12:30:16 AM »

Annie looked up, smiled. "Please, do come in, take all the time you need." She gestured to the seat opposite.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2018, 03:18:08 AM »

Taking a moment to breathe in deeply, Cate walked over slowly to the chair before sitting down. She had to put this in as delicate way as she possibly could. "You know I've been left thinking over something that is troubling me and I realized last night just what is was. You have some demons of your own Annie left unresolved and I guess you would know better than anyone else what that can do to you over time if you don't take care of it." Cate tapped her own head. "I've had my share as you know, so I guess you can tell me to zip it, or I can help you get rid of it once and for all. What do you say?" She was now talking as a friend and not a former patient, that was an important distinction to make.

Bluebell722

• Senior Master Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2018, 09:11:02 PM »

Annie studied her for a long moment. "Do you know what the difference between a demon and a mental illness is? Daily functioning. Yes, I do have demons. Should I banish them? Yes. But healing is not a destination - it is a journey. And if there's one thing I have learned in my many trips around the while of change, it is that I must make the journey in my own way, and in my own time."

She knew the offer was kindly meant, and while she appreciated Cate's ability to see into someone's mind and someone's past, she knew that memory was subjective and imperfect, and that what Cate saw - or thought she saw - was not actually what happened, let alone what Annie saw herself, and what Annie had to do was not excise portions of her past but learn to integrate them healthily into her present.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2018, 02:54:33 AM »

She knew somehow that might have been the answer Annie would give her, Cate merely wanted to try at the very least. "Well at least you have it altogether Annie, that is far more than I can say about a lot of people who have been in your position. As for knowing the difference, I do, very well in fact. A little case of been there done that. There was a time when I finally got my life back after my little holiday in Pyongyang some years ago, that I was really starting to challenge myself, asking myself on a daily basis just how far had they pushed me to total insanity. They didn't and I survived, although as you might expect there are scars in here." She placed a finger on her temple.

Bluebell722

• Senior Master Sergeant
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2018, 09:02:27 PM »

Annie nodded. "We old soldiers know there's no shame in having a few scars. Proof that we survived, hm?" She eyed Cate. "Do I have it 'all together'? Probably not. But then no one days. I have it together more often than not, and when I feel like I don't, well, I do have coping skills. One of the most important skills any of us can have is knowing when to ask for help. Should I need help, I promise I'll ask."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2018, 12:47:26 AM »

That of course summed it up for the two of them, it was something both women had in common, a shared similarity of psychological hang up that most likely would go to their respective graves with them. One learned to cope and in doing so one became all the stronger for it. "I'll hold you to that Annie, oh and I'll do the same likewise if on any given day the weight of things is more than I can bare." Cate pushed her chair back, stood, then gave Annie a warm squeeze of the shoulder. "We'll see each other again soon when and if Mike decides he needs a hand, take care Annie." She left musing on many things, then it dawned on her that her team was floating around aimlessly somewhere.

>>In Search of SG4>>