Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: SGC-Sub Level 21a - Task Force Blackbird  (Read 3046 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 312
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
SGC-Sub Level 21a - Task Force Blackbird
« on: August 21, 2018, 09:23:12 PM »

Sub Level 21a is a part section of the level 21 Bunker that is part of the Cheyenne Mountain Complex. Originally it was accessed from outside the main entrance along a short road that skirted the Mountain from the main gate. It has now been connected to the base via a long tunnel from level 28 (the gate room) and is in fact five measured levels below that. It had been used for various things over time, the most memorable of those usages was when young Cassandra Fraiser was thought to be a danger to the base and accompanied down into that dark hole by Samantha Cater.

This will now be the base of operations for Task Force Blackbird commanded by Lieutenant Colonel Ben MacGregor SASR1, DSM, MG.

Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
Re: SGC-Sub Level 21a - Task Force Blackbird
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2018, 09:39:27 PM »

Unfortunately Ben wasn't quite quick enough getting to his room with the young base Pay Officer/gate tech/everything Lieutenant waylaying him before he got too far. She did at least allow him to quickly go and change into his more comfortable day dress known as the Disruptive Pattern Combat Uniform. Simple and light. From there she led him down to level 21 and then the adjacent 21a where he'd be setting up his 'office' so to speak.

"Thank you Lieutenant, I think I can manage from here. One thing if you could have a laptop sent down quickly to me I can start doing some visual layouts." He had with him a basic architecture software disk and a few files as well as his hand written notes. Hopefully the Admiral had gotten word to Lieutenant McMillan and she would be joining him soon.

"I'll do that Colonel, and I'll have Master Sergeant Siler bring down a couple of desks for you as well and a cleaning team. See you soon sir." Then she was off again.

@Cipherhornet18

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 111
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2018, 08:30:37 PM »

{Lieutenant Stephanie McMillan, USN ONI}

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Lieutenant McMillan entered, wearing the US Navy's blue digital pattern NWU fatigues, holding a Panasonic Toughbook by its handle in her left hand, and cradling a stack of folders in her right arm.

"Sir. Lieutenant. Lieutenant Stephanie McMillan. I'm your Intel Officer. I've spent nearly all of my time at JFK Special Warfare Center with ONI, Office of Naval Intelligence. Been on the Admiral's planning and intel teams since he moved up to JSOC...and oh...erm...sorry. That came off super badly, like I'm some kind of self-important type." She blinked and looked for a place to set down her things, before offering a hand to Ben, "I'm not defensive, I swear, I just didn't know if the Admiral told you anything about me. I mean, I've jumped up a bit faster than most, so they...damnit, I did it again. I swear, I know what I'm doing." She said, tripping over her words.

Stephanie's background said she was quite obviously competent. In fact, she was a certified genius with a talent for processing information very quickly and presenting some excellent intel reports. While she didn't have an perfectly photographic memory, it came very close. But, there was a reason why NAVSPECWAR wasn't totally sorry she was gone; and this was it. The Admiral had seen her talents past her awkward people skills, taken her under his wing and found her to be a valuable asset that his SEALs in the field would always be grateful for. But he also had worked with her very closely to get her people skills under control, and admittedly, they were better than they had been before.

But even she was now wondering if her new CO would understand like the Admiral, or if she'd at least be allowed to stay with the Admiral's intel teams instead of trying to survive back at JFK Special Warfare Center...

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2018, 06:39:52 PM »

{M/Sergeant Siler} NPC

Ben was just settling to his mental planning sitting on the edge of a crate when he was hit by a mini storm in the shape of a young female Naval Lieutenant. The grin on his face imitated the width of the Harbour Bridge. "Settle down Lieutenant, there ain't nothing wrong in my world with  a little self praise, god knows people in our collective boots will never hear too much about our achievements or abilities from too many other mouths except our own. Besides, I have a sister." He didn't have to illuminate on that, Cate was famous for pushing her own barrow, although nowhere near McKay levels.

He stood to greet her 'officially' taking her hand firmly without too much macho. "No he didn't elaborate too much, I guess he figured knowing you that I'd hear it all anyway." He let her hand go as he sat back down "Ben MacGregor, recently kicked up to Lieutenant Colonel by the way so you could say I'm something of a newb in this territory. Listen, pull up a crate and we can chew the fat for a while since as you can see we're starting from a blank slate for the moment. We do have a task the Admiral asked me to follow up, that being SG-9's mission but until we get a bit of furniture in here there isn't a great deal we can do." As he finished speaking there was a small commotion outside soon followed by the appearance of Master Sergeant Siler and several SF's hauling a couple of tables, fold up chairs and other necessary sundry.

"Where do you want this stuff sir?" Siler asked handing Ben a rather large Dell Latitude XFR, Ben had seen his sister lug one similar around with her. At least with him it could take a decent mishandling.

"Thanks Siler, anywhere that fits." He told him, taking the laptop to sit on the crate next to him. "Lieutenant, I think a woman's touch is needed here, I'm the worst on the planet when it comes to arranging furniture. Let the boys know where you want the tables." One of the SF's had dragged a vacuum cleaner with him, another a box of cleaning items such as dusters, spray and wipe and the like. "I think I'll do the Sadie the cleaning lady bit." He joked grabbing the Hoover off the airman.

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Major
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2018, 11:05:58 AM »

{LT Stephanie McMillan, USN ONI}

"Um, well, actually, the Admiral wanted me to explain the op going on in Colombia. His concern is that SG Teams aren't used to operating planet-side with the level of support he can bring to the table, which also means they might have trouble coordinating with them. Plus there's a whole bunch of other problems." Stephanie said as she set down the folders and opened up her laptop.

"Uh, let's see, so...okay. The first big problem is that the Colombians are not signatories of the Gate Alliance Treaty. Their government is not briefed at any level about the Stargate Program. SG-9 cannot, under any circumstance, divulge any information about it or they risk triggering a major international incident. And by risk, I mean they will. Trigger. A major international incident." Stephanie explained, but it was clear she was doing this from memory, as her laptop had yet to finish booting up. "The Green Berets, Nightstalkers and "Swicks" that could be sent in as an exfil force are also not cleared. That's minimal risk, worst case, we recruit them all into the Program and beef up SGSOCOM's numbers at the cost of really upsetting some brass at MacDill, but the Admiral has enough clout to make that easier than if one of the previous commanders did the same thing."

"My assessment, sir, is that Ba'al, or whoever is running things in his name, did this intentionally. They know the NID has a vendetta against him for playing them, and this "Trust" bunch aren't as powerful as they used to be. They know if we tried to make a run at them in Colombia, we risk a major international incident. This couldn't be at a worse time with things going to hell in a handbasket in Venezuela. Actually, I'd like to suggest we find out if the IOA can bring in a couple South American powers, ideally Brazil, soon, because we have no one there. I mean, at least in Africa we've got South Africa and Egypt on board, but South America? Not a smart play on their part, sir." Stephanie finished, just as her laptop was finally done booting up.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2018, 02:37:22 AM »

Ben paused before switching the cleaner on. The girl could talk and she'd be tough competition for both Cate and their Mother combined. He took a deep sigh, the place would have to stay like it was until the time was found to make it livable.

With having done all they could Siler asked. "Will that be all sir?"

"Yes thanks Siler. The place needs painting but I guess you could arrange that to be done on the night shift right?"

"We can do that Colonel easily and we'll um, finish straightening the place out while we're at it. It'll be ready for you in the morning. See you sir, Lieutenant." Siler tapped his forehead as he left.

Once they were gone he took up the conversation. "Okay, lets get this out in the open. When we're alone, please for the sake of my sanity call me Ben." He plugged in his own laptop, flipped the heavy lid open powering the thing up with the touch of a button. Of course he had to go through the 'set up' procedure and the identity thing; but he was more than used to doing that now. He placed his thumb on the ID pad as the final step before it gave him the 'welcome' page. All this in about 2 minutes.

He absorbed everything she said then gave his assessment. "We have to leave the politicing to the politicians and the IOA, not a lot you and I can do to bring other nations in on this. But, I can call in a favor, our Aussie ambassador is married to a Brazilian, nice woman by the way. She's the daughter of the former Brazilian Defense minister who by good chance is a buddy of your President Bomana; the wheels turn don't they." He tapped the keys to get access to the SGC mainframe through his wi-fi. Then connected with the Odyssey on Earth orbit. "We'll send a request to Ellis to track nine's movements through their locators so we can get a live update. They can also use the ships satellite imaging to give us a video feed. The best we can hope for is for Reynolds and his team to pull this off on their own, but given that as you said 'whoever' is doing this on Boche's behalf is most likely doing it for a reason. I half suspect, or more rightly wouldn't be surprised if the Trust was involved. Most of the time up until Landry was parachuted into the IOA chair they were clueless in doing anything beyond organizing a chicken raffle." The man was quite scathing of that organization. "Okay then, have those assets on stand-by, I'm going to presume they are on Curacoa by courtesy of our Dutch friends. If not, get them there asap."

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Major
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2018, 02:00:14 AM »

{LT. Stephanie McMillan - USN ONI}

"Well, Brazil is neither here nor there. Anyways, extraction force will be in a holding pattern nearby, who they go in with is all on where they need it. Best best best case is that they can just beam out. The Colombians should leave us alone if thy're quiet about it. But if they poke the hornet's nest, yeah. Different story." Stephanie said.

"Past that, I got nothing else."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2018, 08:56:10 PM »

"Well I guess then its wait and see, I don't know Reynolds well having only met him once, yet I am aware from his record his fairly straight up and less prone to errors in judgement. I'm not entirely sure, can the Odyssey pick up warm bodies other than our own people?" He thought it was possible, he was just unsure.

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Major
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2018, 10:56:57 AM »

{LT. Stephanie McMillan, USN ONI}

"Are you asking if there is a risk to beaming out the wrong people? Given the experience we have with Asgard beaming technology now, the possibility is pretty slim. The real problem is, well, it's not exactly hard to miss." Stephanie turned to pull up a case file from the NID on Ba'al to her laptop.

"The thing that I'm worried about is, well, Ba'al knows our tech better than anyone, he's studied us. He'll see SG-9 coming a mile away, that much I'd say are gambling odds. He might have beaming jammers in place and he might even have friends in the local PD or army barracks. Frankly, the Admiral would have rather sent in a Tier One unit, like Delta or DEVGRU, but as you can see, that option isn't open to him. Not without pulling the SEALs off of Atlantis." Stephanie explained, "Task Force Mako is our prototype. We have a few more earmarked; us, Atlas, Grizzly, Hades and Firewall. And we're still trying to form them. Plus, well, we have no command staff. It was supposed to be the Bullfrog himself...erm, SEAL. Bullfrog is a term given to the longest serving SEAL still active. Anyways, yeah, as you can see, we're still a startup, as it were."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2018, 11:07:25 PM »

"Wrong turn of phrase sorry." Ben apologized. "I meant can the Oddy when doing the ground mapping, other than picking out where our people are, pick out body signatures of hostiles, or anyone else really. I know our 401's can so I'm presuming the starships have the same capability."

He had to think about that and knew Stephanie was right. But surely they would have thought of that before sending SG-niner in. Hopefully they did. "Was this discussed before sending them in? I would have assumed that was the most logical thing on the agenda wasn't it?" He knew SG-9's record, while only under Reynolds six months they had done some hairy stuff, least of all going against a friggin half ascended alien thing right in the middle of DC. That was legendary SG team history. Then he remembered a file some time back. "The old b*stard had used that trick before, didn't Colonel Carter and Bill Lee come up with a counter measure to that fitted to the Daedalus? That would have been copied over to the other 304's wouldn't it?" So far he was feeling downright awkward with a much junior staffer, he was asking all the newb questions instead of the other way around.

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Major
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2018, 05:25:41 PM »

{LT. Stephanie McMillan - USN ONI}

"I'm not sure what was or what wasn't discussed, so I have no clue. Hopefully we're not one step behind Ba'al this time, but the casefiles I've read all say he tends to throw a wrench into the works. What we have might work, might not work. Hard to say. The hope is that we tag him before he's ready for us." Stephanie replied, letting out a breath.

"The biggest problem is that we're only starting to dig here. No telling how far this particular rabbit hole goes. And I don't think Ba'al is going to use the methods we think he is." Stephanie took a breath, meaning she was about to go into rapid fire mode.

"Okay, bear with me, but how long has Ba'al been on Earth? About 2005 NID says, but I'd venture to say earlier maybe. Just guessing there. Anyways, if he's been on Earth for AT LEAST six years, he knows that Earth is not a unified front, and who's the lead of the Stargate Program; his mortal enemy? Good 'ol US of A. Now, what's been going on while this program has been merrily trotting off through the Stargate? That's right, the Global War on Terror. Not to mention our political issues with the usual candidates. We have plenty of enemies at home. I mean, Ba'al ran that group within the NID...The Trust. What's his next step? He needs allies, why not look to all the people who chant Death To America all the time? He can either tell them the truth, and seduce them with the prospect of a Jaffa Jihad or whatever...or he tells them some crap they want to hear. Same effect either way." Stephanie finally took a breath.

"Sir. Ben. I think we're going to see an upswing in terrorism very soon, both as a smokescreen and for Ba'al to make his play against us. What his play is, I'm not sure. But an upswing in terrorism means more global deployments. More global deployments means they're going to need more operators. And who's been stealing operators from nearly every country that has troops in the Global War on Terror? They'll sack the Alpha Site, halt ship production, put the kaibosh on SGSOCOM, and probably demand we start releasing people from off-world ops to these deployments. Ba'al doesn't have to fight 2011 SGC, he has to fight 1999 SGC."

"There's also another possibility, that he blows our cover to countries who we haven't let in. You think the Iranians would be thrilled to hear about this? Syria? North Korea? And that's not covering the countries we are allied with but haven't told. And then the general public." Stephanie concluded, finally slowing back down.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2018, 11:17:02 PM »

Ben's head went up and down in total agreement with her assessment but there was something that was bugging him completely though for the moment he couldn't put his finger on what that was. "The whole thing sounds to me like something planned for quite a while, it makes me wonder if this isn't a ploy to really get something going internationally. But you know Stephanie I've got this itch at the back of my head about something I recall reading back at the A-site not too long ago regarding Baalsy and the remaining System Lords. Trouble is so much has happened on my plate this last few months I think my brain was deep frozen with the Winter back there."

He pushed back in his  chair leaning back to close his eyes for a second; then he shot bolt upright. "What was that chicks name? The newly minted Goa'uld we were dealing with a little while ago?"

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Major
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2018, 11:50:09 PM »

{LT Stephanie McMillan - USN ONI}

"Allienna. Daughter of Morrigan, and I believe the data said she's related to Ba'al as well. Drew our forces into an engagement with Borg remnants, the El'Dari bailed us out of that one. Well, had to, our fleet got thrashed on maneuvers by another Borg remnant force. Admiral's pretty Papa Oscar'd about that one, doesn't like being bailed out." Stephanie replied, continuing on despite not being asked to brief him about it.

"I'd rule her out on the grounds that weakening us isn't her interests. Colonel Mitchell's AAR indicated that she could barely drag the support out of any of the other System Lords there. Khnum's rep was fairly amicable, but Sobek and Euclus were about as ready to cut a deal with the Borg as they were to help. She's short on allies." Stephanie continued, "Plus, she has a debt to pay to the Jaffa for costing them their flagship in the fighting. If she defaults on that one, you can bet she's going to have a war on her hands with them. No, I'd say she's likely as in the dark as we are, and if anything, the outcomes I've outlined would do her far more harm than good."

"If anything, I'd say none of the other System Lords either know he's still alive or what his play is. They got a lot out of him supposedly or not supposedly keeling over, it'd be like if Anubis...eh...no. More like it'd be like if Apophis rolled back into town. That means they give up control and power, and you'd sooner get a Goa'uld to go back into whatever pond they swam up. Plus, well, none of them have learned how to play the game like Ba'al, they play the same way they have since, well, Abydios." Stephanie cracked a smirk, "They're lucky we don't see them as a threat anymore, or we'd drop the hammer on them in a righteous hurry and put 'em on the endangered species list."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2018, 05:17:28 PM »

"You're a bottler Steph." Ben said with his huge grin making a part in his bearded face as it all came back to him. "This Allienna was made responsible for metering out punishment to both Ba'al and Morrigan for their part in trying to bring the System Lords down as a collective. The information relayed back to us by the Tok'ra and their spies was that Ba'al and Morrgian were banished to Olympus the former home of Ares; there to serve out virtual house arrest for however long the other Lordies feel is just. I'm surprised the didn't just execute him but I think they have the same problem as we do, we dropped the ball on his cloning scheme completely. That or somewhere along the way we were beguiled into thinking the old codger would go peacefully once we de-Goa'ulded him. Seems we were wrong on that score as well." He drummed his fingers on the table for all too long, then he looked up. "We need to know exactly his status. Whether we contact this Allienna directly or go through the Tok'ra is irrelevant, we need to know if he is under lock and key or not."

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Major
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2018, 02:05:06 PM »

{LT Stephanie McMillan - USN ONI}

"Thank you, I think? I'm sorry, I spent most of my time Stateside. But I mean, how you want to follow that up is up to you. I wouldn't rule out directly asking her in this case because it's not in her best interests to lie to us. If she did lie, I'd say she'll do it out of that usual level of pride and arrogance that the Goa'uld are famous for, not wanting to admit she goofed."

"I'd assume he's already out and about by now, though. She likely had her attention fully aimed at the Borg when those yay-hoos came knocking. But in all honesty, sir, we're going to need a team tasked to hunting him as well, and I don't think it should be on SG-9. Colonel Reynolds has a good file, but he's running a team who are all extremely junior to him, a couple of E-3s and I think one O-2. Most SG Teams on average are O-3s or O-4s and senior enlisted. Plus, outside of Colonel Reynolds' experience with NID, none of his people are Special Forces rated on any level." Stephanie said.

"We have several people earmarked from all over the world. If you want, I can put together a short list for a team to put together for this, file it under Task Force Stalker. That team is earmarked to rotate around the Fleet, so we can easily spring them to this operation. We have plans for Task Forces as right now to be assigned to each area. Alpha Site has Task Force Grizzly, SGC gets us, plus Atlas and Firewall, Atlantis has Mako, and once the Gamma Site gets rolling, they'll get Task Force Hades. None of these teams are formalized, just the concepts and AOs. But ah, yeah, so Stalker, I can put together the short list while you run this all by the Admiral." Stephanie offered.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6