Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: SGC-Sub Level 21a - Task Force Blackbird  (Read 1740 times)

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 98
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
Re: SGC-Sub Level 21a - Task Force Blackbird
« Reply #45 on: December 11, 2018, 07:10:30 PM »

Sarah closed her eyes briefly.  This was very bad.  How had things gotten so out of hand?  And so quickly?  She nodded. "I'll head up there now to personally speak with Admiral McRaven and find General O'Neill.  Is there anything else you need before I leave?" she asked.  Running back and forth for her was not going to be fun as it was without adding extra trips.

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 92
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
« Reply #46 on: December 19, 2018, 03:43:50 PM »

"Just get the General and Admiral up to speed. This situation is moving way too fast." Malcolm said. "Oddyssey, this is Agent Barrett. Agent Bristow and I are going as well, please have equipment ready for us too. We need to be back on the ground as fast as possible. I'm ready now."

With that, he was beamed up, followed by the others as soon as they were ready.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 285
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2018, 04:52:20 PM »

"I'm good Sarah, only that when we return, Agent Barrett and I will be sharing an office here. Could you make sure everything is marked 'his' and 'hers' by the time we get back." Syd gave the other woman a cheeky grin then disappeared in the Asgard beam.

>>To Cayman Island>>

Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 98
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #48 on: December 19, 2018, 05:06:10 PM »

Sarah laughed. "I can do that," she told Syd.  And she would too.  Well that was if she could find some time.  She nodded to Malcolm.  "Consider it done."  She turned and headed out, knowing time was short.

<<To Admiral's Office>>

Justin

• Airman First Class
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Justin A new starter.
« Reply #49 on: December 20, 2018, 03:34:10 AM »

Callaghan's faced twisted into a mix of annoyance and confusion. His team had a large amount of kit and surely they wouldn't beam it all up? He was about to say something when he was beamed away.
CHARACTER LIST:
Major Jonathan "Jack" Gallagher, British Army | SG-1 probationary
Major Alexander "Alex" Callaghan, USMC | CO, TF Wolfpack
Lieutenant Commander Sam "Cowboy" Burgin, USN | WIP (off-site)
Captain James Porter | T2K Character RP

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #50 on: February 15, 2019, 06:17:45 PM »

*Encrypted email to Lt McMillan*

From assistant Secretary of Homeworld Security:

Command order #1. CWO5 M Hurley USN, is required to report at 0700 to the CMO USAF Academy Hospital for full physical evaluation. As of now his position is on the basis of the outcome of that examination.

Command order #2. WO1 M Baker RM will be posting into the SGC within the hour. He is to report to Lieutenant C Brownwell in the Paymaster's office in the first instance, then to medical for the usual checks and personal transmitter fitting

Lt Colonel Justine L Chang USMC

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
« Reply #51 on: February 16, 2019, 01:49:01 PM »

{LT. Stephanie McMillan, USN ONI}

While everyone else was off running around, Stephanie had been at work on her computers. Master Sergeant Siler and a group of technicians were all busy setting up everything to make this a proper situation room. A large bank of TVs were going up on one wall, and room was made in the middle of the room for a massive table that the ONI Lieutenant was thrilled to learn was actually a giant touchscreen computer. It meant she could now do briefings there with ease, and frankly, it just looked so freaking cool.

Word was that she would soon get a full staff of intelligence and surveillance experts from across the board, but that would take time. The Air Force would help, though, because her workload was about to hit a point that even she would buckle in a week...

"Oh for...hmm. Hey, Sarge, how do you call people around here? Comms or can I use the PA?" Stephanie asked.

"You can use the PA, ma'am." Siler replied. Stephanie shot him a thumbs up before picking up the phone and punching the keys needed to call that up.

"Attention attention. Colonel McGreggor, Chief Warrant Officer Hurley, please report to Level 21 Situation Room. Again, Colonel McGreggor, Chief Warrant Officer Hurley, please report Level 21 Situation Room. That is all." She hung up the phone.

The good news was that though the SEAL was going, they were getting a top notch SBS operator in his stead. The guy had actually gone to the Falklands and Desert Storm, that was getting rare around here. Vietnam veterans were already a rarity, but now those who had seen combat in the 80s and 90s were starting to retire or move to positions closer to Washington. The new generation were personnel like her, who were of the post-9/11 Global War on Terrorism era.

She pulled up the Task Force Stalker potential candidate roster, it was a good one. Multinational, it would be easier to sell to the IOA this way, and a good mix at that. If Colonel McGreggor approved it, she could get all of them here in the space of 24 hours, as Admiral McRaven had already sent out the requests to earmark them, with the usual kicking and screaming involved with the parent units. It was a good thing, it meant that they were good and their parent units would not part easily with them. She was surprised two of them would be technically from law enforcement units, though Stephanie was thoroughly confused by what exactly Italy classified the Carabinieri, since they had a lot of units that erred more on "Military" than "Police"...

This stuff with Ba'al was really going to keep her busy though. Already the NID was sending a team to clean up the stuff in Colombia, but there were a lot of eyes on Venezuela right now. ELINT chatter from nearly foreign intelligence service was abuzz with the news of the terrorist bombing in Caracas, and even her ONI feeds were flying about that one. The news outlets were reporting on that right now, even the American ones were taking a break from playing partisan politic games, though Stephanie preferred not to even look at those outlets.

Thaddeus

• Staff Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • Thaddeus Thumb turning green.Thaddeus Thumb turning green.
« Reply #52 on: February 16, 2019, 04:34:18 PM »

{CW5 Michael Hurley}

Hurley had glanced up at the sudden PA announcement. He raised a brow at it but hadn't thought twice to question the directive. He spared a glance at McGreggor before nodding, heading down to Level 21. Questions began to run through the older man's head, wondering what they needed him for but had hid it behind a stoic exterior. He would be finding out shortly.

Being called to the Situation Room was somewhat of a double-edged sword; they could be getting deployed, that there was a crisis or they simply were going in for another debrief.

Upon his arrival to the door, he straightened up some as he knocked on the door.

Justin

• Airman First Class
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Justin A new starter.
« Reply #53 on: February 16, 2019, 05:44:20 PM »

>>Medical Area>>

Callaghan was right on Hurley's heels, and entered after him within seconds. Having gone here straight from the medical area. He was still sweaty, and had a bit of dust on him. He could shower when he was set free, though.

"Afternoon," he said to no one in particular before extending his hand to Hurley. "Callaghan, nice to meet you."
CHARACTER LIST:
Major Jonathan "Jack" Gallagher, British Army | SG-1 probationary
Major Alexander "Alex" Callaghan, USMC | CO, TF Wolfpack
Lieutenant Commander Sam "Cowboy" Burgin, USN | WIP (off-site)
Captain James Porter | T2K Character RP

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2019, 04:05:04 PM »

<<From Med Bay>>

"No need to shout Lieutenant." Ben said rather laconically as he and Hurley passed that invisible line between the SGC regular areas and the TF designated cordon. It was actually a flaming big blast door three feet thick between level 21 and 21a sub level. So in practicality it was more than an invisible line; it was gaining the rooms themselves where the divisions became blurred.

With his gear having been sent down by the Apollo to the armory, all Ben carried now was himself and that khaki bandage around his left arm, with the appropriate grin to go with it. "We are in fact on our way down when you called to hand in our report, although your announcement sounded more urgent...we came through reasonably well I can safely say didn't we Mister Hurley?" He noticed the Marine Major had joined them. "MacGregor." Ben said with the softer edge of his baritone.

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • DanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has Ascended
  • I already lost one captain. I won't lose another
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #55 on: February 17, 2019, 08:17:17 PM »

After doing one quick shower, a quick protein meal, and a quick run, Taer casually walked among the corridor. Curious as to trying to figure out where he should be at the moment, the captain decided to get down to the bunker. Recruited to join the Blackbird, Taer had no idea when he'll be back to the Alpha Site. This might be a permanent assignment for him.

Seeing several officers enter the room, Taer hastened his speed and knocked on the door. Seeing Ben, he inquired, "Colonel. Felt like I needed to report to the bunker, so I'm here to report in. If my services are required."
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

Thaddeus

• Staff Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • Thaddeus Thumb turning green.Thaddeus Thumb turning green.
« Reply #56 on: February 18, 2019, 02:59:01 AM »

{CW5 Hurley}

Hurley had allowed a small smirk to creep onto his features at the comment made by the Colonel. "Safer than I thought we'd be." Of course that was excluding the sudden need to empty the bowels. Though it was not too long before they were joined by another presence, another man from a different TF from the looks of it. Hurley extended out his own hand to meet with Callaghan's. "Hurley, good to meet you too."

Though the PA had made it clear that it was simply requested the two of them; MacGregor and Hurley, it seemed that the others seemed all too interested to report themselves in.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #57 on: February 18, 2019, 09:40:11 PM »

He had almost forgotten but not quite. "Captain Amir, glad you did come by as a matter of fact. Since we need a team and two can be quite annoying to one another..." He tilted his head in Hurley's direction, the man would know exactly what he meant. Two blokes in a trench for even a week could get on one another's nerves, while three gave same balance and four made the ideal number. "...and since you acquitted yourself quite well back their in Colombia, consider yourself a permanent member of TF Blackbird."
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 07:21:51 PM by Mim »

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Captain
« Reply #58 on: February 19, 2019, 11:53:34 PM »

{LT Stephanie McMillan, USN ONI}

"I haven't been able to link a realtime feed of the base and everyone's subderm transmitters. Should be next week, though." Stephanie replied to Ben's quip. And it was not clear if she was kidding or not.

"I've got marching orders for our Chief Warrant Officer here, guess he's due at the Academy Hospital yesterday for a physical. Came from way up the chain, too, so no room to argue it. No offense, but you might want to get there di di mau before someone really gets impatient." Stephanie said, "We're getting an SBS Warrant Officer, so like...well, you probably know then, Commonwealth ranks are pretty similar. Especially the really batty Air Force ones. Like, wow, talk about a mouthful, just a lot to say when addressing someone, and...sorry." She cut herself off.

"I'm sending you the personnel files for Task Force Stalker, we should activate it ASAP. Wolfpack, led by Major Callaghan here, is another one of our teams. You, sir, are going to have to either fill out your roster more or stop going on field ops and getting shot up, because, hate to be blunt, but Blackbird's training and intelligence gathering. I can't do all of that myself, sir. And that goes for anyone else on the roster." Stephanie started yet another rapid fire string with some steel behind her tone this time. "The NID and CIA apprehended the SVR operative, and...oh. And now the Russians know we have her. Looks like ELINT from Moscow to Langely is picking up. So now the Admiral will get a nastygram from them now. Oh, and the NID will have to clean up the other site, but they're working with the Fleet to just beam it all out before things get too dicey, but I can't say how effective that'll be. And, in other news, Ba'al is back in town, going to be President of Venezuela, I guess. Turns out that the intel on Colombia was about as stale as loaf of month old bread." Stephanie was just spouting things as they came to her.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #59 on: February 20, 2019, 10:31:21 PM »

Ben cocked his head to one side, his beard parted wide with the accompanying grin. "Well I have to admit Lieutenant that will be handy for you, that or you attach a prisoner's ankle bracelet on all of his." Sometimes Ben felt that wouldn't be such a bad idea.

On hearing the news concerning Mutt, Ben wasn't overly surprised or perhaps he just didn't show it. He said to Stephanie. "How far up? I mean it can happen from time to time, it's happened to some of my men back in the day." He was referring to people being suddenly pulled away from the line in Afghanistan because they had been hiding injuries that really should have seen them sent home.

"All I can say Mutt is good luck with those people down at the Academy and hopefully we'll see you back here soon." Ben shook the man's hand firmly. "If I don't get to tell you, it was a pleasure working with you Mutt, you made yourself proud out there." He would get a citation, Ben was going to make sure of that.

"SBS? Damn that's a good call in any man's language. As for the ranks Steph, try some of the former Eastern Europeans, that will make your head swim, Chief Staff Ensign Flagbearer, or in their language Torzshazlos or something like that. Basically a Master Sergeant. Now why couldn't they have just said that?" There were many others but that was good enough.

"It makes me think somewhere along the lines one or more of our TF units might have to be combined. We're giving ourselves far too many areas of concern with individual teams, it's only a suggestion now, something to consider. I'll go over the files as soon as I can, which means after I clean up and come back in a less odoriferous state." Even he could smell himself. "Oh that, well it wasn't from the Tangos, not directly. It was their fence, what was left of it after Heckman and SG9 blew a hole in it. Caught my should running through, it was dark after all and man that reinforced steel mesh is sharp at the jagged edges." His wife was going to get a laugh out of it. "I'll take the rest into consideration when we can find more suitable players to get in here with us, we don't want hasbeens, or people who just think they can make the grade. Until then we may be on point from time to time but I will lighten your load Lieutenant when and where I can...." Ba'al again. How many lives does this alley cat have he wondered. "...don't know the man personally but I've heard a lot about him. He doesn't exactly play ball does he? Pardon the pun." There were so many groups on the case, he was getting dizzy from thinking about the poor sod who had to do all the administrative work for this project. "NID, CIA, SVR, they're all the same, I don't trust any of them to do the work they should and that comes from having someone close to you who was thoroughly screwed by them." It sounded bitter and it was. "Colombia could have gone better, we should have kept our eyes open much earlier in the piece."

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

lethal-pageant