Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Babylon 5 - Your favourite Ships ?  (Read 81 times)

DeDarkstar

• Stargate Content Moderator
  • Senior Airman
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • DeDarkstar A new starter.
  • "All check. Phasers?"
Babylon 5 - Your favourite Ships ?
« on: August 22, 2018, 01:13:45 PM »

"...It was the year of War!..."

What are your favourite Spaceships in Babylon 5? - here comes my Top 3 with an explanation why its my favourite  :)

(1) - Earth Alliance SA 32A Thunderbolt

The successor of the very successful SA 23E Starfury. It is the newest Fighter of the Earth Alliance and feature the practical Vector enginges and can turn almost instantly in every direction. furthermore it is the first Earth fighter that features new wings and is capable of atmospheric flight.

It first appearance was in the Civil War of the Humans where Earth Alliance uses two Thunderbolts tp bombard a facility on Mars.

The Thunderbolt is the almost best designed fighter ever used in Sci Fi history. (Even the F302 is no match for it)

the very usefull vectozr particle thrust engines

(2) - White Star cruiser

The first ship of the Interstellar Alliance with the purpose to fight the Shadows. Its hybridization of Mimbari and Vorlon technology makes it become a very dangerous weapons.

This Cruiser is small, manouverable and can open up its own hyperspace window. Its stronges moment was the battle of Corriana VI where a large fleet of white star cruiser provoked the Vorlon and Shadows to fight each other.

In the main battle a the white stars along with Ships of the other younger races fights against the two sophisticated races.

(3) - Earth Alliance Omega Class Destroyer

A Symbol of power of the Earth Alliance. Compared to other races it is not high develeoped but it features a reliable and strong design. It carries many Starfury (later Thunderbolts) fighters.

The most striking feature is the rotation module in the middle of the ship that generates gravity.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 06:21:07 AM by DeDarkstar »

Keep calm and let Carter figure it out !

Teddy

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Teddy is on the verge of being accepted.Teddy is on the verge of being accepted.Teddy is on the verge of being accepted.Teddy is on the verge of being accepted.Teddy is on the verge of being accepted.
Re: Babylon 5 - Your favourite Ships ?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2018, 03:23:56 PM »

I got to go with the white star, it is the only one I like, the ships  in B5 were not that interesting to me

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 252
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Re: Babylon 5 - Your favourite Ships ?
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2018, 05:03:27 PM »

One of the things I loved about the human ships of B5 was the sheer mechanical/industrialness of them. Unlike many Sci-fi shows they gave us that look we could easily recognise as being human made. Its one of the reasons I don't really gel very well with Star Trek ships, they just don't give me that human impression. Its why I love the SG 304's and to a lesser extent the Galactica. That is why I have always adored this ship, it could have easily been from B5

Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go