Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Atlantis sub level 3-4 basement East Pier-'The kill house'  (Read 489 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 251
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Atlantis sub level 3-4 basement East Pier-'The kill house'
« on: September 03, 2018, 03:17:38 AM »

A secured area set aside for combat exercises as yet unused. It was now going to see some action at last after the dust and cobwebs were cleared away. Set up with rooms, corridors, pop up targets and the best holographic technology available. It was run from a central computer with the training officer being able to throw up any 'incident' on the fly. Ever changing the layout could be randomly ranged at the press of a button. The area is in the basement levels of the East Pier.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 08:48:28 PM by Mim »
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
Re: Atlantis sub level 3-4 basement East Pier-'The kill house'
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2018, 08:48:01 PM »

<<From Security Office>>

Leading the way (Abi had checked the place out earlier), she brought Rob down to their new digs for the next little while. She took him directly to the control room situated on a level overlooking the entire area. There were ten LCD screens in front of them on the control desk and two computer stations to run the entire event; each with a 'game' joystick that allowed them to control pop up targets, open and shut doors, drop smoke bombs and flash bangs on their unsuspecting victims. There were even sprayers located along the walls to simulate everything from water to blood to give that added sense of realism.

"Okay Sunshine." She like most Aussies and Kiwis, gave people their own distinct nick names. "You and I will be running things from here, quite simply we are the nerve center of the computer game. We can throw every manner of curved ball at our subjects you can imagine. Watch screen five." She powered up the system, it was fast running off the city's main ZPM power system. In that room there was a 3D screen image of a Vanir armored soldier standing at a threatening pose, Abi manually tripped the sensors to indicate that some of the Atlantis defenders had entered, suddenly the Vanir was holding a little girl in front of him. "Cute huh?" Now they had to wait for DiNozzo and Kermis. "I'll give Mako a call."

Tapping the desk radio she found the Mako squad bay. "Mako this is Sergeant Lawson, I'm in the Kill House, you can come and check it out any time you like. We're only waiting for some weaponry at the moment."

@sorra @DanielRyder
Far Dareis Mai

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2018, 12:01:53 AM »

{CPO Tom "Ice" Walker} - NPC

"Lawson, this is Chief Walker. I assume you guys want someone to fire it up and let you guys run it? We weren't planning to, but if it's all copacetic with Sheppard, I won't argue."

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 59
  • DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!
  • I already lost one captain. I won't lose another
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2018, 11:42:01 PM »

It wasn't a long wait. It was a short one, a teleport and another short run getting the required weapons for Sergeant Lawson. Both DiNozzo and Kermis carried the small bags of the paintball ammo and the M4s with the Paintball rounds. It would be enough for the training round. It was all for training. There was an air of something that caused Levi to shiver as he lifted the bag.

Approaching the doorway, Alfredo shuffled forward quickly as the door opened with him rushing toward Lawson. Levi scowled at him and growled feeling sweat gathering in his brow. Catching himself, he heaved several breaths and followed him.

Finding her, the team leader DiNozzo spoke while saluting his SO, "Sergeant, here are the weapons you asked for. We gathered enough for the training."

@Mim
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 91
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2018, 07:32:00 PM »

Rob followed Abi.  He had never been down here before and it was pretty interesting.   Lots of computers and what looked like a computer game consol.  He grinned a bit,  well now this could be fun.

He leaned over Abi's shoulder, raising a brow at her name.  "Sunshine?" He asked curiously.  Well, he could get used to that.  He listened to her explanations.  "Hmm this does seem quite interesting.   Looks like there are quite a few options." He was surprised by the scene that played in front of him.  " Wow, that is cool."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2018, 03:07:29 AM »

"Just a minute guys while I answer the Chief." Abi told them, the smile never left her face. To her this was what she loved doing outside of her regular duties. "Chief we're ready for a test run. We have some test weapons ready so we don't shoot up the place too much to start with, M4's with splatter rounds, basically ballistic paint balls. Anytime you're ready to rock. Colonel Sheppard merely told me to get down here, but since I've run these things a quite a few times before I thought I'd help out."

Abi spun the chair around. "Drop those weapons outside the control door guys. Mako can pick them up when they get here. I'll be putting you both through this first chance we get so watch and learn when the action starts." With that unwavering grin she looked at Rob. "Doncha love it when women do things like that to you?" She teased him. "And yeah, this is top notch cool, right up there with 'Wing Commder' on X-box"
Far Dareis Mai

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2018, 02:37:19 AM »

"Whoa whoa whoa. Eighty Six the paintball guns, Sarge. Has to be Intars, Zats or Stunners because the holograms don't react to physical projectiles. Don't ask me why, but energy weapons get a reaction the holograms and computers recognize. One of the scientists said it has something to do with Ancient tech, so y'know, they know more than us and whatnot. We're coming down there, give us a few minutes."
[/i]

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 59
  • DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!
  • I already lost one captain. I won't lose another
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2018, 06:00:02 PM »

The Sergeant saluted her and returned to the corner to place the paintball weapons aside. He motioned Levi to do the same and noticed his confused frown. The team leader inquired, "You got something on your mind, Corporal?"

"Huh?" Levi spoke placing the weapons in the same spot and responded, "Oh. Did you see that hologram earlier?"

Alf turned toward Abi's direction looking for where the 3D hologram was earlier and asked, "Yeah? Maybe?"

Levi processed and replied thoughtfully with a whisper, "We're using paintball? If we're fighting holograms, paintball is useless. Why couldn't we just use the energy weapons or the intars? They are more effective."

Alf looked at the pile of paintball weapons and turned his attention back to the training area. After a few moments of considering what he said, the sergeant exhaled and snapped at him in a hushed tone, "Why didn't you say anything?"

Levi shrugged, "I didn't think of it till we got here with the weapons. Should we-"

Alf sighed shaking his head, "No. Not yet. She looks busy. Maybe I'll mention it when she doesn't look busy."
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2018, 10:50:31 PM »

She knew that. "Understood Chief. I merely wanted to test the system in 'light' mode first to make sure everything is working correctly. We should do one dummy run at least with the paintball rounds then we should be good to go. See you when you get here."
Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2018, 04:12:16 PM »

Rob was in heaven.  Next to being with his horse this was what he loved to do. He was  itching to get his fingers on the controls.  "Well must say I'm not used to nicknames" he answered.   That would take getting used to.  He grinned a bit.  "This is so awesome. "

Bluebell722

• Senior Master Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Bluebell722 hides in shadows.
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2018, 09:26:22 PM »

<<From Quarters>>

Evan had heard that the new kill room was going up, that the new Security Officer was going full tilt. It'd be good, to have this kind of training facility on site, get new personnel better acquainted with dangers inherent to Pegasus, maybe even get some civilians decently gate-rated as well, or at least put them through some stress inoculation before they went through the gate.

He headed for the basement of the East Pier, poked his head into the kill room.

"Ladies, gentlemen, how's it coming?"

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Captain
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2018, 12:10:24 PM »

{PO1 Jon "Voodoo" Nash} - NPC
{PO1 Kyle "Midas" Hendrix} - NPC
{PO1 Dan "Deuce" Collins} - NPC
{PO1 Mike "Wolf" Acosta} - NPC

>From Mako Squad Bay>

The SEALs of Mako, minus their CO, arrived in their full gear, though it was desert camo to match their fatigues, since none of them wanted to waste time changing. Voodoo and Deuce had short barrel shotguns strapped to their packs, but all of the SEALs had rifles that weren't quite the norm.

If anything, it looked like the lovechild of an M4 and a P90, with the familiar shape of the M4, though without a magazine in the magwell, and instead had the distinctive P90's magazine slotted flush on the top of the rifle, taking up part of the upper receiver's rail. It was the AR-57, a relatively new weapon coming from a small company in Tacoma, Washington, intended to merge the AR-15 and P90 into one platform, and Mako was putting that to the test.

"Morning, folks. Chief Petty Officer Walker, but I go by Ice. That bearded loudmouth is Petty Officer Nash, Voodoo. Our doc, Petty Officer Hendrix but we call him Midas. Then we've got Petty Officer Collins, Deuce, and our recent addition with the transfer of Trigger, Petty Officer Acosta, Wolf." Ice said, handling the introductions, "Lieutenant Hanley, Gambler, our CO, is busy elsewhere."

"Hey, so instead of popping paintballs at stuff that'll just zap you, we should probably walk you all through it. We had help getting the holograms set up properly, but the rest of this was pretty much our idea and keeping some local carpenters in buisness for now until whenever we leave. If ever." Voodoo said. Midas reached into a pouch on his tactical vest and pulled out a remote, which disengaged the holograms.

"With some help from the Medical staff, we've tweaked these guys. They will shoot back with reduced power stun blasts. One or two will either make a limb feel like it fell asleep or knock the wind out of you, but the most anyone can take is five before they're out cold. We needed to simulate injuries and normal stun blasts are all or nothing. The real world tends to be a bit more grey about these things." Midas explained, "Also, all observers and medical staff have these remote kill switches, plus we've got kill switches set up all around the place. If there's an injury, we need to be able to respond without getting shot at."

"As of yet, we can't fully simulate grenades. The best we can do is flashbangs, and what happens is the computer registers it going off and forces a delay in the hologram response time." Ice continued.

"Think of it like lag in a video game. It's close enough for the moment, but we want a more realistic response later on down the road. Plus, there's no Intar style grenade yet, so we may need to come up with training grenades specific to this setup. Work in progress."

"I think before we get going, it might be best to do a tour of whats in here. We set up for multiple engagement environments, including multi-level. Turned one of the stairwells into a fast rope and rappelling section. Voodoo got creative with a blowtorch and it didn't involve anyone going to the burn ward this time." Ice said.

"...never going to let me live that down, are you?"

"No. And if I had known you found that thing, I'd have taken it from you, you hamfisted ape."

"Nothing but love from you, Doc." Voodoo rolled his eyes.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2018, 08:06:45 PM »

The voice was familiar, even though Abi hadn't hear it in person she had seen and heard him many times during her training at the Alpha site on the many file videos the candidates were shown. So she knew immediately she had screwed up; having been on Atlantis two days and she never even took a minute to introduce herself to her boss. Not that she intended to avoid him, things just got in the way from the moment she set foot in the city. She spun around in her chair standing immediately. "Major Lorne I am so sorry. I should have checked in with you much earlier, its been like a whirlwind since I arrived. Other than that sir, we're doing good. We're just about to fire up the system fully."

As she was about to sit down again, Mako sans their CO arrived. Abi grinned broadly at the collection of veterans. "G'day Chief. I guess you know me by name. In case you forget, its Abi, Able or Psycho, take your pick. I have done a quick computer simulation, there wasn't anything outstanding that could be considered a flaw. I thought though just to test responses that it might be safer to do a test run first, that's why I ordered the splat rounds. (Aussie speak for soft paint rounds) You know like we send a couple of guys down and see how they fare against the pop ups first." She didn't exactly wink at them, but she wasn't far off doing so. Her thoughts being sending someone untested into the arena just for the hell of it. Frankly she wouldn't mind going through it herself, maybe take Rob with her. Her eyes kind of rolled in his direction.
Far Dareis Mai

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Captain
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2018, 11:48:53 PM »

{PO1 Jon "Voodoo" Nash} - NPC
{PO1 Kyle "Midas" Hendrix} - NPC
{PO1 Dan "Deuce" Collins} - NPC
{PO1 Mike "Wolf" Acosta} - NPC

Ice led the way through the killhouse, "Yeah, but not super informative. C'mon."

"We did the first part 12 by 12 rooms, but the doors and windows are able to be randomized, so you have plenty of variations to set these up as. You can also play with the lighting and Deuce suggested running speakers in here to play random ambient noises." Ice explained, before opening the door to the stairwell. There were still stairs and now tie-offs for rappelling rope. The railing had been modified with a blowtorch to meet that use.

"You can rope from here or go down the stairs. Or just skip up here and start on the next level. Down there, we have areas set up to simulate the interior of a ship. Hallways, crew quarters, bridge, and reactor room." Ice explained, and turned to the others, "So, do you want to take a stab at this or you want us to? We can get you guys set up with real guns."

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2018, 07:15:01 PM »

Rob spun in his chair.  He didn't know many of these people.  Had heard a few of the names, but had never met them.  Of course being a ship kind of made it hard to meet new people.  He nodded a hello to all of them, listening to how the "game" would work.  It sounded quite interesting. 

"Must say I have never seen anything like this before.  I feel like a kid in a candy store," he admitted.  He was itching to give things a try.
Pages: [1] 2 3