Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Atlantis sub level 3-4 basement East Pier-'The kill house'  (Read 281 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 234
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Re: Atlantis sub level 3-4 basement East Pier-'The kill house'
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2018, 03:18:22 AM »

"I have to ask as its within my jurisdiction has this all been signed of according to the base's OH&S? Not that I don't want to have a crack at it myself full steam, but I was under the impression I was supposed to check things out beforehand. So just to humor me, give me five minutes so that at least Major Lorne, the Lieutenant and I can do a dummy run with gear we brought for the static targets."

@Bluebell722 @sorra 
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Bluebell722

• Master Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Bluebell722 hides in shadows.
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2018, 11:21:45 PM »

Evan offered Lawson a brief but reassuring smile.

"I'm not here to get in your hair. Never did like CO's who micronomanage. I just wanted to come along and see how things are going, maybe observe a couple of runs." He stepped into the room fully, went to tuck his hands into his pockets and lean against the wall.

Then he reflected on that old adage, about XOs and COs starting to resemble each other like dogs and their owners, and he straightened up. He liked Sheppard all right, but it wouldn't do anyone any good to go thinking Evan was his pet.

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 56
  • DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!
  • I already lost one captain. I won't lose another
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2018, 06:26:51 PM »

Alf and Levi stood at attention when Lorne entered. Everyone was here in the Kill House. Alf knew they were ready for the exercise, but understood if their bosses had to do this first round just to be sure everything was running perfectly. It never hurts. Taking his cue, the sergeant spoke up with a question, "If we do this, are we going to be in different groups or on the same team?" DiNozzo wanted to be sure he was on the right track with everyone.

Levi looked around at the weapon systems. He was fascinated by the tech aspect of it. This training would serve as a starting point for training to get better at his aim.
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 84
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2018, 07:29:57 PM »

Rob kept quiet.  As he wasn't actually stationed at Atlantis he really didn't have any say in what was going.  Although he was curious to see just what would happen in this little "game".  There were lots of options to throw at the ones inside and he wanted to see how everyone would handle it.

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • First Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2018, 11:34:30 PM »

{CPO Tom "Ice" Walker} - NPC
{PO1 Jon "Voodoo" Nash} - NPC
{PO1 Kyle "Midas" Hendrix} - NPC
{PO1 Dan "Deuce" Collins} - NPC
{PO1 Mike "Wolf" Acosta} - NPC

"The hell she talking about? Sarge, you mean that pile of IOA paperwork we all got the day before yesterday and yesterday?" Voodoo asked.

"Everything's been signed off on, if that's what you mean." Midas chimed in.

"Yeah, we got the static popups too, figured when we worked our way to the folks who don't know which way to point a gun, we'd need to go easy on them." Wolf said.

"Tech wizards said that you can set the difficulty up as well on the holograms, One through Ten. Honestly, this is probably the best kill-house we've got, even if you count Dam Creek. Plus it means no one has to play OPFOR, which is good because pretty sure you'd all make us sit by ourselves at lunch time for picking on all of you." Ice said with a crack of a smile.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2018, 12:20:40 AM »

"If it only goes to ten then I'll do it with my eyes closed." The woman wasn't boasting at all. As a member of the Army Police Military Corps she was required to go through much the same rigorous training as the Commando regiments as far as 'kill houses' were concerned. That very establishment back at her home base in Sydney, Holsworthy Barracks, was considered as being one of the ten best in the world; Abi had been through it so often and with so many different configurations it had become second nature to her.

So she thought the best way to do it. "Chief, we'll do one run on the statics, just so we know fully the system is flawless. My team, that is DiNozzo myself and Kermis will go through from start to end with the Lieutenant here running the system; Major Lorne can play God." Meaning he could stand at the double glazed window with his arms folded as Majors so often do. She gave him a quick bare faced grin to show she wasn't dangerous. "The moment we come through that exit door while there is still smoke in the sections we'll switch to the big Mama and your team will go. Just for the hell of it, I'll be up here to throw some left curved balls at you." In softball terms, that basically amounted to cheating.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 02:58:32 AM by Mim »
Far Dareis Mai

Bluebell722

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2018, 12:09:53 AM »

Evan knew what Lawson was going for, so he ambled over to the window that would overlook the kill room.

He was interested in seeing how it went. The entire concept reminded him of the Training Room for the X-Men, from days of comic books past. So much of what had seemed science fiction to him when he was a child was now reality.

What most people on Earth didn't know probably wouldn't blow their minds nearly as much as the IOA was afraid of. After, people had been dreaming up aliens and spaceships and interstellar travel for a long, long time.

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 56
  • DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!
  • I already lost one captain. I won't lose another
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2018, 11:50:08 AM »

His questioned was answered when both Levi and himself stood with Sergeant Lawson. Alf gave his best grunt expression as he checked his weapon to make sure the safeties were off. It was a test run against a possible incursion by whatever enemies that might run into them. It might be the Wraith, or the Vanir. Or something else. He wasn't sure, only that his orders were to obey and shoot. Like a good little soldier.

"Ready Ma'am," Alf sighed. Levi looked at his friend and gave him a quick nudge. Alf cleared his throat and stood to attention.
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2018, 07:52:46 PM »

Rob was curious to see how this "game" would work.  "Good luck down there guys," he said flashing Abi a quick smile.  He would sit back and let the others control this system.  He wasn't stationed at Atlantis,  but he was very curious to see how they worked to protect this city.  That and he was a bit of a computer geek at times.

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • First Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2018, 01:16:50 PM »

{CPO Tom "Ice" Walker} - NPC
{PO1 Jon "Voodoo" Nash} - NPC
{PO1 Kyle "Midas" Hendrix} - NPC
{PO1 Dan "Deuce" Collins} - NPC
{PO1 Mike "Wolf" Acosta} - NPC

"Sarge, we don't do things halfway around here. Everything is 100%, our names are on the paperwork, not yours. So, first things first, lose the paintball guns. All of you." Ice said, and removed his AR-57 to hand it over. "Voodoo, run 'em through it."

"Alright folks, this here's the AR-57, the lovechild of the P90 and M4. Casings fall out the magwell, charging handle is on the right side but bolt release works the same as it did before on the left. Mag release is a bit tricky." Voodoo demonstrated on his own weapon, pulling back the release with his right hand and pulled a new magazine free from his webbing with his left. The process was about as involved as the P90 overall.

"Recoil is almost one for one the same as the M4, these things are ridiculously easy to keep on target when burst firing. We're trying these out for if we need to go off world but we're not loading for bear." Voodoo concluded, before AR-57s and their Intar loaded magazines were handed off to the security personnel. All of the AR-57s were configured the same way, with a Micro T1 red dot sight and a Magpul AFG angled foregrip mounted on the bottom. The paintball guns were collected and set aside to be returned to the armory.

"We'll configure for 5 rooms total, ending at the stairwell door. If a door has a red light next to it, it's not part of the course. You lose points for that unless you're going to follow it up with a breaching charge on a wall, and I don't see anyone here with breaching charges. Doc Midas is on standby for anyone here who gets KO'd." Ice explained, which was also why he was the only one who didn't hand over his weapon, since there were 4 on Abby's team and 5 SEALs.

"Clock starts when you guys cross the threshold into the killhouse, so don't go in unless you're ready to rock. Sometimes we'll grade on time, other times we'll keep the times for comparison. We'll have a scoreboard set up for team and individual times." Ice said, "Get yourselves squared away and ready to enter. Buzzer indicates the killhouse is hot and ready to be entered."

Ice and the rest of Mako headed up to the control room with Major Lorne, with Deuce taking over the controls. Ice sat down in front of the camera displays and opened up a white binder with blank paper to be used for notes. Voodoo and Wolf went to watch over the balcony that looked over everything, while Midas remained down by the door just in case.

"Alright, 5 rooms. Computer has given us these options." Deuce said to Ice, who glanced over his shoulder to look at the options. The randomly generated order laid paths to end at the stairwell and require the breach and clearing of 5 rooms on the way. Some were sequential, some were not.

"Option two on the top row there, Deuce." Ice said. It would cycle them starting with one room in the middle, before directing the team to clear two rooms back to back on the furthest right side, proceed to the furthest left to clear another, and then finally one last one that would put them right at the stairwell door.

"Alright, we'll set for Difficulty Level 5?" Deuce offered with a grin.

"No, 3. I don't know her or her team from anyone else, and it's easy to say you think you can start at hard mode, but a hell of a lot harder to prove it. No hostages, just shoot and scoot. Don't kill any lights, they don't have NVGs or taclights." Ice explained, glancing at Major Lorne, "Not to cut you out of the loop or anything, sir, it's just that we've configured all of this so we know it best. Deuce and I will run a familiarization course for you, Colonel Sheppard and the other team leads soon. Someone is going to have to run it for us, after all."

"Alright, we are set up. Let's see what they can do." Deuce said after configuring everything and double clicked the START button on the screen. A buzzer sounded loudly once for a second to indicate the range was hot. The doors leading into the area now had a red light active over them, and posted signs indicated that if the light was on, the killhouse was active.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2018, 01:04:53 AM »

The thought never really occurred to Abby that she was dealing with people who were by and large far more professional than those she had been accustomed to dealing with in the past. Drongos was the name she gave them, that unique word used to describe the slow of mind by both Kiwis and Aussies. But then that past was regular Army and the people Stargate Command sent to Atlantis were far from ordinary. She felt like face palming herself. "Well now Chief you've hurt my feelings." She said cheekily, but took it with good grace. "Alright then..." She took the offered weapon, felt the weight and balance of it and that in itself gave her reason to smile, especially when she listened to its description.

"...you heard the man. Take up your weapons boys, Lieutenant Henschel would you like to accompany Sergeant DiNozzo, Corporal Kermis and I into the pit?" She picked up a helmet from a nearby table, fastened that in place then cinched up her vest. "Major I trust to you our life as it were, if anything goes awry, that big red button is the 'end' game switch."

@sorra @DanielRyder @Bluebell722
Far Dareis Mai

Bluebell722

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2018, 02:41:29 PM »

Evan nodded. "Big red button. The one you're always not supposed to press in movies. Roger that." And then he added, because he'd hung around Sheppard for too many years now, "Where is that again?"

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2018, 01:08:46 PM »

Rob raised a surprised brow before grinning a bit.  "If the offer is there I am certainly not going to pass it up.  I'm curious to see just how this works.  It sounds quite amazing." Listening to the others talk about it only made him more curious.  It certainly seemed like they had covered all bases.  Rob found a helmet and grabbed it up, securing it in place. 

He actually had to laugh a bit at the thought of the big red button.  The button that everyone always wanted to push but was never allowed to.  He just prayed that it would be the same this time and Major Lorne wouldn't have to hit the "kill" switch.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2018, 05:50:26 PM »

*Radio*

"Sergeant Lawson this is Control. I need you to get down to the cells and check on what is happening with that Genii clone prisoner, the SF's seem to be having some serious issues with him. Once you find out, please call Master Chief Hunter on the Dreadnought. Over."

Half way out the door to begin the clock countdown Abby stopped when her radio went off loud and clear. She listened closely, there was no need to reply. Taking her helmet off she swore under her breath. "Okay I have an urgent call in the cells. Chief can you take over my team or one of your people. We still need to run this and I'll be back as soon as I can." She looked at Rob. "We'll take a rain check on the next dance bud, see you soon." As she went back into the control room she tapped Lorne. "You may need to come with me sir, there is a small problem down in the cells with the Genii clone." She couldn't wait though, as she headed out the back door.

<<To Brig>>

@sorra @Bluebell722
Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2018, 04:50:33 PM »

Rob was at a loss for words.  He had been hanging around cause he had enjoyed getting to know Abby.  Now though he understood the point of having more pressing matters. "Sure.  I'll have to head back to the Dread soon, but maybe I'll catch you before I leave."  One never knew.
Pages: 1 [2] 3

lethal-pageant