Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: T2K  (Read 832 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 252
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Re: T2K
« Reply #60 on: October 08, 2018, 12:06:16 AM »

Thank you. That is exactly what we needed.  :sam59
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 56
  • Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!
  • If the Day does not require an AK then it is Good.
« Reply #61 on: October 11, 2018, 03:06:21 PM »

Quick question, is Justin still involved in this? So I can figure out weather or not I can post or not?

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
« Reply #62 on: October 11, 2018, 08:51:09 PM »

Thats up to him.

Justin

• Airman
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Justin A new starter.
« Reply #63 on: October 18, 2018, 04:33:14 PM »

Apologies for the delay on this. I've had a bit of a long week and quite frankly didn't really have time to do much. Will be making a post for this tomorrow.
CHARACTER LIST:
Major Jonathan "Jack" Gallagher, British Army | SG-1 probationary
Major Alexander "Alex" Callaghan, USMC | CO, TF Wolfpack
Lieutenant Commander Sam "Cowboy" Burgin, USN | WIP (off-site)
Captain James Porter | T2K Character RP

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #64 on: October 18, 2018, 04:46:43 PM »

*Yay*  :yes:
Far Dareis Mai

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
« Reply #65 on: November 06, 2018, 10:56:08 PM »

This is important, so please read it.

The general idea is that this is like a long RPG adventure. But obviously, the Final Boss is not a dragon or ogre. In this case, it's a large battle. It's going to go down like a Saving Private Ryan style fight against a force from Soviet Division Cuba. The main force is 230 soldiers strong with several APCs, IFVs and other vehicles.

You're not leveling up magic spells or getting a death destruction sword of devastation, so then how are you going to win this fight? Your choices will, as I've repeatedly stated, have an effect. While it will have an effect on the large scale picture, you might be thinking, "Man, I really can't be bothered to care about your unseen political machinations, Cipher. Is there anything more tangible to this?"

Yes. Yes there is. Who you work with, make allies with and make enemies of, these will come into play. The first show of this is going to be in Victoria, what you do there will be the first to have an effect on things, including the final battle of this adventure. Now, not every place will be the same case, and as was said in FarCry 5, "Sometimes the best thing you can do is walk away..."

As the GM, I'm typically inclined to play things close to the vest, but I'll give hints now and then, including if you're going into a major encounter or not. But I am trying to keep you guys on a general direction, so going off on your own or completely off the rails is not something I'll entertain. When I say "off on your own", I don't mean that you guys can't split up to solve a problem or what have you; I mean like just saying, "Sod it, I'm going to just grab my gear and go become a raider" or "I'm going to just hitchhike my way to Houston", stuff like that.

Now, on the survival element, I don't want to derail the story to have you guys forage for food and water. I kind of want to have like interludes doing stuff like that or camping, but not have that the main focus of things. The reason being that while that is a core element of the game, it's like the post-apocalypse economics; I'm not interested in these side things taking focus because some people do get hung up on small details. I've seen plenty of times on this site where we get completely derailed over some small detail that has suddenly become the most important thing in the world.

The general rule of thumb is going to be that I'll be the final judge on if it's important, if it's not then it is not something to hang up on.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #66 on: November 06, 2018, 11:56:20 PM »

:sam59 :sam37 R & U  :yes:
Far Dareis Mai
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

lethal-pageant