Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Welcome To Texas - Character RP  (Read 213 times)

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • First Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
Re: Welcome To Texas - Character RP
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2018, 02:04:55 PM »

{Cpl. Sarah Cohen}

"I can try to have someone send word once we reach the ranch." Jeff offered, before finally the Bronco set off out of town.

"Fred, right? Well, to be perfectly honest, I'm not completely local. Firstly, I'm from Houston, which is the wrong direction a couple hundred miles. Second, I just got into town, I've spent the past several years fighting from the Golan Heights, into Syria, and then pulling ops in Iraq and Iran. I've pulled some Paras out of the thick, Rangers too, plus just about every other SpecOps team in the Middle East that isn't taking orders from the Soviets." Sarah explained casually.

"The Legion and the Nationalist Mexicans are probably the worst problems we have. The Loyalists will shoot you if you make trouble, but tend to leave people alone and focus on peacekeeping. They're losing control by the day, though. The commies, no telling what they're up to, both Mexican and Soviets. None of you look like you'll need to worry about the Hoggs, though." Jeff snorted.

"Excuse me?" Sarah asked.

"Jim Hogg Irregulars. They're from Jim Hogg County but all over the place. Bunch of white trash racists think they're doing the right thing by lynching anyone who even looks Mexican. Not sure how they like Jews...no offense, Corporal." Jeff said, snapping out of his disgust when he realized who was in the truck.

GM NOTE - Cate/Fred - Jim Hogg Irregulars are pretty much people who have blamed all of the current problems on Hispanics, be they American or not. As a result, they tend to be the bane of any Hispanics in the areas they control, but non-Hispanics will find them to be quite helpful. Rumor has it they keep trying to ally with the South Texas Grange with little effect.

"There's a reason why my fatigues are blank, Jeff. Arabs tend to not like us very much, easier if they mistake us for Americans or French." Sarah replied.

"Just mind who you deal with, don't go advertising yourselves unless you know who you're dealing with. Some folks don't want the Army around anymore, some folks are working with the Nationalists as informants, and you can't always tell who is Legion and who isn't these days." Jeff continued.

There aren't many vehicles on the road, noticeably, instead people are either walking, riding horses or even using horses to pull ad-hoc trailers made from vehicle parts. It's also plain to see that just about everyone is armed with at least a pistol of some kind or another, if not also some sort of long gun.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 235
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2018, 07:49:03 PM »

"Thanks I'd appreciate that." Cate told him as the truck began to move. She sat nervously from that moment on, fiddling around with the buttons on her vest much to her own annoyance. She had no reason to be feeling that way, it had become a natural instinct of hers whenever talk moved around to what was happening when it involved the different factions in this war.

"No one is Captain. Rivers is right on that." Cate commented on Porter's lament. "Hell I should be down in sunny Queensland soaking up the warmth or throwing out a line with my old man right now. But it is what it is and we all have to make the best of a crappy situation." She cradled the shotgun as if it were her last hold on reality, at the same time she knew she had to get rid of the damned thing as it had been a liability most recently. As good as it was up close, it was as useful as a preacher without a faith.

The chatter went from one end of the spectrum to the other, Cate was learning much about her enemies of the most recent past. "We had run ins with both. Somehow having great big bloody red crosses painted on our vehicles or on arm bands meant little to either group. If my guess is right, and I can only suppose it is. Hogg's group may have been responsible for the murder of some of the people I worked with recently. There were four of our people, yes they were Hispanic, who had been shot from range and it wasn't from the Mex side either. Then with that lot, they took offense to us needing to recover either dead or wounded from the field, I guess they figured we weren't there to help them." Even though in her time it didn't matter what side you were on, the recovery teams didn't discriminate.

"Point noted. I intend to stay us much under the radar as humanly possible."
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Justin

• Recruit
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Justin A new starter.
« Reply #17 on: Today at 02:41:08 PM »

Port Lavaca, Texas
Captain James Porter

"Right then," Porter said as he took one of the offered cigarettes. He rolled the window down before lighting it with a cheap disposable lighter that he'd bought in 2 packs of 20 before he shipped out to the middle east.

After listening to Jeff about the state of Texas, the Captain was a little dismayed. He had known something had gone on here, but had never realised the extent of it. "So from what you're saying, I take it it might be a good idea to find a change of clothes at some point" he said. His own uniform would give him up as a serviceman almost immediately.
CHARACTER LIST:
Major Jonathan "Jack" Gallagher, British Army | SG-1 probationary
Major Alexander "Alex" Callaghan, USMC | WIP (off-site)
Lieutenant Commander Robert "Cowboy" Burgin, USN | WIP (off-site)
Captain James Porter | T2K Character RP
1st Battalion, 6th Marines | T2K Unit RP
Pages: 1 [2]

lethal-pageant