Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Welcome To Texas - Character RP  (Read 2289 times)

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
Re: Welcome To Texas - Character RP
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2018, 12:46:40 AM »

{Cpl. Sarah Cohen}

"I don't like TJ that much, he's a total jerk. Used to run a marina out by Galveston until the war broke out, and since then, he's been here. He does odd jobs for Bill, but I think he's a self-centered know-it-all who talks a lot of smack. But he's been on edge since the kidnapping, and Bill Bob is his nephew. Not sure how well they got along but blood means alot around here." Jeff said as he got into the passenger seat.

"As far as if I trust him, I don't think he'll screw us over. He's a jerk, that's not going to change, but I think he means well enough for now. he doesn't trust you guys because you're outsiders, and he's just always mouthing off to me. Will Coulton is his little buddy, dunno much about him except he's the only one who doesn't get his face ripped off by TJ on a daily basis." Jeff continued with a shrug.

Sarah secured her CAR-15 close at hand before stowing her own pack.

"James, I'd say either take the Uzi or the shotgun with the pistol grip if it were me. But then again, I know the Uzi personally, you might also use one of these other ones...never seen 'em before though." Sarah commented as she headed back to the driver's seat.

"Mexican SMGs, they used to have more of those German ones, the ones SWAT teams use, but started making their own once things kicked off." Jeff replied.

Sarah fired up the Humvee, slowly driving it towards the gate. Right on cue, TJ was in a white Ram 1500 "square body" pickup with a younger man riding shotgun with him. He took the lead, and the impromptu convoy was now on its way to Victoria, along the I-87.

GM Note: During this trip, there may or may not be random encounters. The sourcebook I use has a chart I can roll against to determine what this may or may not be.

As the vehicles approach the remains of a small town that Jeff points out to be Dacosta, there appears to be a group of people making their way up the road, two on horses, and others in a trailer converted to be horse drawn. It is hard to see how many may be in the trailer, but there is a single person driving it. Getting closer, it can be seen that the two on horseback are armed with civilian sporting rifles, but it is not readily seen what the trailer driver is armed with.

The AN/PRC-77 radio in the Humvee crackles to life.

"Let's give these people a berth now. Slow it down." TJ said.

"Look, it's up to you, but if you want to see if they know anything, by all means." Jeff said.

((GM Reference: E,F,G))

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 68
  • Bowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has Ascended
  • If the Day does not require an AK then it is Good.
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2018, 01:49:34 PM »

Fred decided to take the decision away from Porter. Not because he didn't feel like the Captain would make a correct decision, but he had already climbed up in to his position and Fred had yet to climb in, so passed him up the pistol grip shotgun and then slid in going for the rear left hand seat, he didn't mean to hog the prime firing position in the back, but missing his left eye, it made it harder to shoot from his off shoulder, with the barrel of his weapon poking out the window. He then passed the Uzi and the double barrled shotgun up to the front and let Jeff put them where he saw fit. Fred knew loose weapons wernt ideal. but he also knew at least as far as Sarah was concerned as the driver, getting her CAR-15 or side arm out if somebody tried to grab at her through the window or pulled open the door, would be a little tight, so having something to hand on the dashboard could always be helpful. That left Fred and Care with the Shotgun Fred had never seen before. He checked it was loaded before putting it between them and then passed the extra Uzi magazine and a box of shotgun shells up front before passign a box of shells up to Porter. Before he settled in fully he removed his own pistol from his leg holster and tucked it in to his tactical vest. Just for ease of use. Before they started to role he just added.
"Well lets keep an eye on Will and not do anything to p*ss him or his boss off, I dont want to get shot just for shaking the wrong guys hand."

He remained quiet in the back seat watching the scenery and covering the left side of the Humvee when they left the ranch but looked forwards as the radio buzzed to life. He saw the approaching group and took a moment to think. Not wanting to make anything he said sound like an order he waited a few moments to see if anybody spoke up. When nobody did he did. "May be worth pulling up to the left and going slow, that way Porter of You Jeff can have a chat with them, see if they know anything, might be more likely to chat if they hear local lads rather than some foreign voices. And if they are, then we can stop and have a nice little chin wag."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 317
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2018, 12:12:29 AM »

Cate was uncomfortable, her 'seat' in the middle was merely a flat plate in between the two outer seats and since Porter was standing in the gun turret and Fred taking the left, she slipped over to the right hand seat, keeping her rifle between her legs, safety on of course. She peered out the window slightly, a breeze catching her hair, then pulled back in sharply.

"You know if its a family maybe I could speak to them, my Aussie drawl can disappear before you can blink." Then of course the natural choice would be Sarah, so she shrugged as the choice wasn't hers to make. "Sarah could do a better job of it though, I tend to get rather p*ssed off when I see starving kids and women. So perhaps I'm better off staying pat. Fred..." She said. "..got any gum?" Cate had packets of the stuff, but it was all in her pack.

Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Major
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2018, 02:15:58 PM »

{Cpl. Sarah Cohen}

Sarah slowed down to give them room to approach without spooking the people near them. They do seem to get a little nervous with an armed Humvee slowing down near them, but the man driving the trailer wagon, an older male, tips his hat once in a gesture of greeting. The horses are manned by a boy and a girl, late teens or early 20s, who only watch but seem to be wary of what may or may not happen.

"Look, would one of you just talk to these people. We're probably scaring them, so either say something or I'm moving us on."

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Bowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has Ascended
« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2018, 02:55:47 PM »

Fred sighed. He'd deal with TJ later if he threw a hissy.
"Stop the car." He said as he adjusted his M16 in to a firm position, once the Humvee had stopped he opened his door and lent forwards a little awkwardly to crab the sawn off shotgun he had passed up before. Not that he felt he needed it but he felt he would look a little less like a regular soldier with something like that. He then climbed out and quickly holstered his pistol and approached slowly towards the cart and men on horse back, after a few steps he waved his free hand in the air to get their attention. "Alright?" he shouted to them as he tucked the shotgun under his arm and pulled out a cigar but not his lighter.
"Any you lads got a lighter?" He asked as he approached the nearest man on horse back. He decided to lie a little as he nodded over his shoulder to Porter. Not really looking to see if he was smoking "Moron dropped mine off the bloody roof about forty minuets ago and didnt bother to tell me till now." He sighed as he looked up to the boy he was closest to but then to the older man, assuming he was in charge. "Where you guys leaving anyway? Nothing bad I hope?" He said with a hint of genuine concern. They looked a little like people who had been evicted from their home.

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Major
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2018, 06:21:50 PM »

{Cpl. Sarah Cohen}

Since the civilians weren't stopping, Sarah slowed just enough to let Fred talk out the window.

"Sorry, pardner, ain't got a light, and we're runnin' short on matches right now." The older man said.

"We're just trying to get further north. Don't know what you folks heard, but there's been some uprisings out by the refugee camps out Kennedy and Alice ways. Folks that way, they get jumped for just about anythin' they got. Food, water, medicine, guns." The man explained. "Plus, there's somethin' big goin' on down by Brownsville. Word is, Mexican Army and some crime boss, they's allies for somethin' big. Trust me pardner, just as sure as y'all shouldn't drink the water in Kingsville, y'all don't want to be around when they play their hand."

"Jesus. This day just keeps getting better and better." Sarah muttered.

"If I was you, I'd keep goin' until you hit Oklahoma. Or at least Dallas. We're goin' to try and stop for supplies in Victoria, and then keep ridin' on." The man concluded.

"Probably all the more we're going to get from him. We best keep driving on."

Their little convoy continued on up I-87 up to the edge of Victoria. Past the I-59 overpass that crossed over the I-87 was the remains of a truckstop converted into a checkpoint. Draped up over the sign was a large Texas flag. TJ's truck stopped at the checkpoint, pulling in. Sarah followed his lead. TJ parked and got out, and was greeted by several people. Two of them headed up to the Humvee.

"Howdy. You guys must be the ones Texas Bill sent down. Well, I saw TJ and Will Coulton, but I'll let him chat up JP." The woman says with a smile. "Mary Vicente, but folks 'round these parts just call me Vic. As if you didn't recognize him, my partner here is Steve Austin." She adds with a widening smile at that.

GM Note: Vic's point is that her partner, Steve, is the former wrestler known as "Stone Cold". Any fans of WWF wrestling would recognize him almost immediately.

Steve just tips the brim of his ballcap in greeting.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2018, 07:21:15 PM »

Finally a chance to stretch her legs from the cramped Humvee Cate slipped out the left side door before standing beside the vehicle with her palms flat against the bodywork, doing a few hamstring stretches. That did everything she needed including relaxing her nerves as well as easing some tension. Following Sarah she stood casually with her arms by her side. "Pleased to meet you both. We are, this is Sarah Cohen, I'm Cate MacGregor. The two still in the Humvee are Fred Rivers and James Porter. We've been sent on a search for a pair of kids, Texas Bill's daughter and son in law to be exact; I guess you would know them so any leads would be helpful and gratefully appreciated. You could well assume we're running on a clock as they have a lot of hours in front of us."

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2018, 06:52:07 AM »

Fred sat in the car for the rest of the journey. Thinking. He wasn't to sure about where any of the locations stated really were, and Nobody who knew anything about the area spoke up so he pushed those to the back of his mind. As they went along he searched his vest and found some old gum, random sticks wrapped in foil from an MRE packet, he didnt dare look for a date as he held out the few sticks he had to Cate. "Here." He said before looking out the window once again, when they stopped he didnt get our tight away. But when Cate spoke he decided to do the same. Mostly to do some damage control, if needed, things were a little lawless right now, so it wouldnt be impossible for this to be some kind of trap. Though he did look to the man with a small frown before nodding to him. "You mean like the wrestler?" He didnt watch wrestling but in the army you heard all sorts of random bits of information. He looked back to Mary as he pulled his rifle out the car and slung it over his shoulder.
"Whats with the road stop?"

Justin

• Senior Airman
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Justin A new starter.
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2018, 07:10:19 AM »

Captain James Porter

Porter, perched in the gunner's seat just kept looking around to make sure there were no threats. He had the M60 pointed into the air to make sure that if he somehow had an accidental discharge, it would in all likelihood fly off into the bush.

At one point, he was used as a conversation starter. Porter just smiled and shrugged. Some time later, they came upon a checkpoint. Two folks dressed in deputy's uniforms. "Howdy" the Captain said from his position on top.
CHARACTER LIST:
Major Jonathan "Jack" Gallagher, British Army | SG-1 probationary
Major Alexander "Alex" Callaghan, USMC | CO, TF Wolfpack - INACTIVE

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Major
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2018, 03:01:00 PM »

{Cpl. Sarah Cohen}

"Yeah. Some of us got drafted, the rest of us ended up going our separate ways after TV started going down. Thought about just banding together and going around, helpin' folk, but well, not all of us were acting that we had big egos. Plus LA was the focus of the initial Mexican push, couldn't stay there, y'know?" Steve said with a shrug.

"Yeah, Bill and I are in constant contact. Steve said old lady McCreary saw a truck hauling in here like a bat outta hell around 3 in the morning. But, well, I wish that was our only problem." Vic said.

"How so?" Sarah asked.

"Legion. They're looking to take over. Right now, law and order is supposed to be handled by the Mexicans, but they stood up a militia of locals to do it. That's what me and Steve are. Which, by the by, the only reason I'm here right now is checkin' you in. If anyone asks." Vic glanced around. "We're supposed to stay out of the fight between the Legion and Grange, but you can already tell folks are taking sides. General rule of thumb; north side of town is Legion, south side is Grange, the Mexicans are in the middle, but don't let them fool you none. They've got maybe 20 guys tops, they just happen to have the heaviest hardware to show off with. No tanks, but they got wheeled APCs with 20-mils, plus heavy machine guns, grenade launchers and the like."

"They've got less bite than a toothless dog, but don't push 'em if you can help it." Steve adds with a snort.

"So who calls the shots around here?" Sarah asked.

"City council under the guidance of our Mexican peacekeepers. Colonel Juan Talavera's the CO of the unit here..."

"If you call drinking bathtub tequila and taking bribes being CO..." Steve rolls his eyes.

"Steve, c'mon now. We can't hang around, so let's skip the commentary." Vic says, "The Grange follows Walt Grisham, old timer 'round these parts. Hell, he knows the Kingslys personally, but he's pushing 80. He second in command is JP Olivera, younger guy, he's a local too, used to be a Sheriff's Deputy and City Councilman, bit of a hot head. The Legion...they answer to a guy named Roger Kirkpatrick. He used to be a Green Beret, or so he claims. He's why they're so organized, though, so I guess he knows something. Grange is set up the community center up the road, Legion's HQ is high school on the eastern edge of town. Mexican Army has the University campus in the center of town."

"...that's a claim anyone could make. But even Special Forces can desert for their own ends..." Sarah shrugged.

"Yeah. Alright, we gotta get going before someone gets wise. First things first; you're gonna need a place to stay that's safe. There's a trailer park up the way, Wayside Mobile Home Village. 5710, it's a white double-wide with green trim, used to be my daddy's. Key is under the large lava rock in the side garden, can't miss it. Got some food and beds in there. I'll stop by every night at 8 after we get off, so if you need to meet, best time to do it. Only come by the militia HQ, which is the Victoria County Sheriff's Office, if it's an emergency."

"Alright, your boys that came through here, don't know much about them, except they came tearin' in here the night Bill's kids got snatched up. There's a Ford dealership that's now a Legion scrap yard, north central part of town. I saw a vehicle that seemed like it matched the description. Black Silverado, Texas plates, last three numbers 581. If they haven't tore it apart yet, might have some clues. Those boys were in an awful hurry to get gone, so they probably left something to tell you where to go." Steve added.

"Friend of mine said a couple of guys were trying to get passes from the Colonel's office at City Hall, which is the old Philips-Sale House...typical Mexican army, moved into a historic mansion...anyways, but they were tryin' to get passes to get through Beeville, which is the Mexican Army's main HQ. They were pretty loud about it, too. You could ask there, or...if you can brave it into Legion territory to the northeast, there's an old nightclub turned back into a bar, the Two Step. Used to be nice until the Legion got it, but the Colonel's aide, a Captain Gonzales, frequents it." Vic concluded. "I'll leave you to it. C'mon Steve."

The two militia officers make their way up to a pair of horses hitched up near the gas station and ride off northwest ward.

"Sounds like we've got a bit to look around at. Might want to split up, tackle this in a smaller group. No sense in riling up the Legion." Jeff suggested as TJ and Will walked up.

"Alright. Me and Will are gonna go talk to the head honcho here, see what we can find. JP told me about the situation, y'all better not kick off a war here, y'here me? So help me, I'll leave you to fight on your own if you do." TJ warned.

"I think we all know how to handle ourselves, okay? This is peaceful compared to Damascus or Basrah." Sarah retorted.

"Watch your mouth, missy." TJ said and left for his truck. Will just glared at the group before following his boss. Sarah muttered something in Hebrew before looking to the others.

"Okay. Two of us can go check out the junkyard, two of us go to the bar. Jeff, you should probably hang out at the safehouse for now, hold down the fort. TJ does have a point, we need to avoid causing trouble. We don't know what kind of firepower the Legion has, and if they've got a Green Beret leading them, this is playing to their strengths; arming locals to rise up and fight." Sarah said.

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2018, 03:45:51 PM »

Fred shrugged as he lent back. "You know Corporal. If you want to shoot him in the back. I'll tell everybody it was the enemy" He said nodding towards TJ after he was out of ear shot.
"Me or Cate should go to the club. if we bump in to that Captain our rank may throw him of kilter a little, especially if he has had some to drink. And it might be worth keeping the American Soldier away from the Mexican one. Though somebody who knows better spanish than, Can I have some Orange Juice? may be worth having when we go to the night club." He looked up to the Captain. "No offence mate." He said as he got comfy. "With that thought, who knows about cars? I know nothing about them, so I may be useless at the junk heap, unless its got some trains in it."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2018, 07:29:52 PM »

Cate sighed deeply as the words spilled from her mouth. "La última vez que fui a un bar en una misión como esta, terminé trabajando como stripper para protegerme." It was good enough for most native speakers, she had a lot of experience using her skills over the last few months. "Basically I can do bars and idiots. Sarah would you come with? Oh and Fred, one oh one on cars, four wheels, an engine, seats and a steering wheel. After that they're all much the same. If a vehicle is partially stripped you should still be able to check out the make by the manufacturers plate on the firewall. Jeff I can only agree with Sarah on that point mate."

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Major
« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2018, 01:12:19 PM »

{GM POST}

Splitting off, both groups will see that Vic's assessment of the situation is pretty clearly the tip of the iceberg. Once moving into Victoria itself, by the time one hits US-59T, the presence of Grange-aligned forces off. Grange troops appear to wear cowboy style attire and have largely civilian style weapons, it is rare to see anyone with an M16A2 or even M16-EZ. A few pickups are seen but none are armored or armed. Most of them are roving patrols on horseback.

The center of Victoria appears to be a sort of DMZ, but there are very few Mexican troops visible, more militia wearing former County Sheriff Department uniforms like Vic and Steve. They have a mix of civilian, US Military and Mexican military weapons, but only patrol in pairs on horseback.

This changes once crossing further north at Airline Road, where the streets are patrolled by men mostly armed with military hardware and wearing at least one type of US woodland fatigues, either jacket or pants. Though some are armed with civilian rifles, the majority are seen armed with either M16A2s or CAR-15s. But they all wear armbands identifying them as members of the Texian Legion. Also, there are numerous pickup trucks with Texian Legion markings or flags that are either patrolling around or watching intersections that have been apparently reinforced with more steel plates, covers fitted over the windows, and either M60 or M2 machine guns mounted on turrets in the back. And some of these even sport shields over the front of the turrets.

The scrapyard is located on the northeast corner of Navarro and Mockingbird, and why becomes clear; not only is it the site of a Ford & Lincoln dealership, but the area also had a GMC dealership and several auto parts stores nearby. Across the street is an apartment complex that has been heavily fortified, and a Texian Legion flag flies over it. The lots are filled with the remains of vehicles, which begins to shed light on the source of the materials used on the Legion technicals. It appears that the main building of the former Ford dealership is the new main office for this scrap yard.

Inside, the front desk is manned by an old man who doesn't seem to take notice of the new arrivals past a grunted greeting while he reads an old magazine. However, he also seems to be the only one to talk to if one wants any information regarding what is being kept inside this place's iron fences.

The Two Step is located on US-59T itself, north of Sam Houston Drive, which is also where the DMZ ends and Legion territory begins going northeast. If not for a sign out front, it'd be hard to find, being a simple white square building across the remains of a truck stop. On top of several working vehicles being parked outside of it, there is also a place to hitch up horses near the door.

Inside, there's very little natural light getting in, instead mostly being lit by lanterns strategically placed around the bar to give enough light to navigate but not enough to see people clearly. The bar is being tended by a middle aged couple, the husband armed with a pair of revolvers in a brown leather belt, and the wife appears to have a sawed off shotgun in her own hip holster. There are plenty of people already drinking at the bar or at the tables set up on the location's former dance floor, but in the furthest corner is the only man in full fatigues, hunched over and a bottle of tequila on the table. And while they appear to be US style woodland fatigues, the tricolor of the Mexican flag is clear on one of the shoulders.

Justin

• Senior Airman
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Justin A new starter.
« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2019, 09:23:33 AM »

Captain James Porter

"None taken, sir"
Porter replied to the Major. "But you're right. I guess I'll be better off in the scrapyard" he added. He then put his rifle on the Humvee's roof while he climbed on top of it. Taking hold of the M16, he then slid off onto the ground. Not much later, he and his companion were off.

As they entered the scrapyard office, the Captain took the lead. "Howdy" he said in response to the old man's grunted greeting. "Me 'n my friend here are looking for a ride and were told you were the man to see"

CHARACTER LIST:
Major Jonathan "Jack" Gallagher, British Army | SG-1 probationary
Major Alexander "Alex" Callaghan, USMC | CO, TF Wolfpack - INACTIVE

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Major
« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2019, 02:48:00 PM »

{Cpl. Sarah Cohen}

The darkness of the bar was pretty stark to the clear and sunny day outside. Likely it made people disinclined to leave until night, and if they were here, then might as well drink until the sun went down. Or at least that was Sarah's view on why it was in such a state.

"Hey, no long guns ladies. Gonna have to check those with me, you'll get 'em back as you leave." The woman said, holding out her hand. Her other was resting on the grip of her sawed-off shotgun.

"Sure. No troubles." Sarah replied, slowly and deliberately unslinging her CAR-15 and flipping the safety on before handing it over. The woman tied a tag to the front sight with a number, and then handed Sarah a piece of paper with the same number on it. The whole thing seemed like an absurd parody of a coat check, and yet, with the stack of rifles behind the bar, it clearly was as accepted now.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4