Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Welcome To Texas - Character RP  (Read 2076 times)

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • Bowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has Ascended
  • If the Day does not require an AK then it is Good.
Re: Welcome To Texas - Character RP
« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2019, 03:05:12 PM »

Fred shook his head at Cate's comment. His point had been he had no idea what a Black Silverado was, For all he knew Black was its name not its colour. But it appeared him and Porter were off to the Scrap yard. Fred hung back. He made a show of looking casual, as he stood by the door, his rifles grip in his off hand, he had done it to look less threatening, but it also served to allow him to draw his pistol if need be. He wasnt quite sure if somebody was going to burst out a door and try and rob them. Plus Porters local sound may serve them in better stead than his own. thankfully with no visible unit markings. He just looked like an older Special Forces Or Private Military operator with an eyepatch.

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 111
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2019, 03:44:34 PM »

{GM}

The old man looked up at the two men who came into his office with a tired and somewhat annoyed expression.

"Y'all don't look like you got anythin' to buy with. Don't take paper, got enough kindlin'." The old man said, his tone matching his expression.

From behind, the door opens up and a man with a camo jacket over his t-shirt and jeans walks in. He has a 1911-style pistol in a thigh holster, a heavily cut down M231 PFW that looks to be also customized, and a customized AR-10 Carbine.

His jacket most notably bears the arrowhead insignia of US Special Forces Groups, aka the Green Berets. The vibe he gives off, it's clear he isn't just wearing that for looks, the way he carries himself and scans the room reinforces that he may very well be the genuine article.

He takes a moment to size up James and Fred before putting on a smile and extending a hand. When he speaks, his accent clearly is not Texan, nor does he try to put one on. It sounds more neutral or Midwest than anything.

"Haven't seen you two in town before. Roger Kirkpatrick, a pleasure. I'm a local rep for the city council, but I like to walk the streets, get to know everyone." He says. He's obviously got the same vibe off of Fred and James. He's the leader of the local Texian Legion group in Victoria, the source of all of the Grange's woes here. But as far as the two men in this room go, he is not explicitly a friend or foe yet. But this works both ways...

The old man behind the counter seems to regard him with a slightly but all the more positive wave than how he's regarded James and Fred. Given the scrap yard is in Legion territory, the old man is likely more amicable to anything with Kirkpatrick's approval...

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 312
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2019, 07:13:11 PM »

Not one to start anything on unknown territory, Cate went along with the charade happily, handing over her weapon. The receipt she stuffed in her inside pocket, deep, she wasn't about to lose that. Once Sarah and herself were fully inside she guided the other woman to wall whereby they could casually scan the place without looking too obvious. After just two minutes Cate saw what she thought might be their target; sitting alone with his booze and personal stink with that Mex tri-color shouting out loudly who he was, or at least what he was. "We'd better get some drinks, there's an empty booth one up behind that bloke, can you see him?" All Cate did was lower then lift her head in the direction she needed Sarah to look. "Once we're seated and we can see him more clearly and our surroundings, we'll figure out our best approach. So do you want to grab the table or the drinks?"

Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Bowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has Ascended
« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2019, 09:45:47 PM »

Fred looked to the new guy. Roger. He looked to be an alright sort of man, but really Fred had no way to know. But he would have to talk sooner or later, and sooner seamed better, didn't need to look like he was hiding anything. Even if he planned to.
"Fred Rivers." He said holding out a hand.
"Lost British Major. This here is Captain Porter. Lost American Captain. We're looking for a car so we can get back in touch with our. Well. His Boss. I'm just tagging along. Not much to do for an SBS major all on his lonesome" He nodded to Porter when he said His. he was still new to the American military and didn't want to pretend he knew anything. "We got a lift in to town now we're on our own, have to make our own way." He hoped that Roger would appreciate that, the special forces talent of improvising. "So we were just going to ask if we could have a butchers around the..." He didn't know what to call it so just shrugged as he said. "Merchandise." He was trying to come up with a way to bring up the car model with out sounding like he was fishing for something specific, as Cate's little 101 on cars had not helped him.

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 111
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
« Reply #49 on: February 03, 2019, 02:41:15 PM »

{Cpl. Sarah Cohen}

"Get the drinks. But given how far gone that bottle looks, we might not want to drag our feet here. Otherwise, we're going to need more than just a cup of coffee or two to get anything useful out of him." Sarah said, and went over to the booth near his.

He had a pistol on him, though it was a revolver of some kind instead of the H&K P7M13 that the Mexican Army used as standard issue. He seemed to give no notice of anyone around him, just staring at the bottle of tequila that he was taking hardy pulls straight out of.

==========================================================
{GM}

"You're really way out on your own, Major. Can't say the last time I've laid eyes on a Brit, feels like a lifetime ago." Kirkpatrick replied.

"Well, not sure what you're hoping to trade with, Major. Not much use for paper money, and Ol Tom here doesn't trade weapons for scrap anymore." Kirkpatrick explained, "But, maybe I got a proposal for you two, and seeing as how I've got some buisness here, why don't you two come with me and we'll both get what we want."

"Jerry ain't done with yer truck yet, Roger." Tom grumbled from his spot.

"I know, Tom, I know. I needed to talk with Neil and Jeff, they got some ideas on a side project." Kirkpatrick replied with a smile, "I'll take these two guys around, not hurting anything to look. They're going to mind their manners, so don't worry about that."

"Whatever. Just don't take all day back there, got lots to do." Tom grumbled in response before going back to his magazine.

Roger shook his head and chuckled before leading the way to the heavy metal door over a worn sign that read "PARTS & SERVICE CENTER".

"Won't take more than 10 minutes of anyone's time, I promise. I got a lot to do today too." Kirkpatrick said. As he opened the door, three Legion men stepped through the door, not saying anything or doing anything too intimidating. One watched the street behind them, the other two eyed Fred and James for a moment.

"I'll be a few, gonna talk to Major Rivers and Captain Porter here while I go check in on a side project." Kirkpatrick said to them. "Don't mind my boys, they're just keeping an eye on me. Hate having bodyguards but that's the price of leadership, isn't it?"

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #50 on: February 03, 2019, 03:08:45 PM »

Fred nodded to Kirkpatrick. "Trust me. I know I am an alien here." He said with ha small shrug
"And we have stuff to trade, just, not on us. Didnt like the idea of walking around with anything worth pinching on us. Though... rather do a trade of services than goods, bearly got a pot to p*ss in so might as well not trade it for some wheels if we can help it" He added as he slowly followed the man but stopped as Legion soldiers came through the door, though he didnt do anything stupid, it was more the sudden presence that got him. He was in a situation where he had no idea who would shoot at him. so it wasnt to out of character, plus with only one eye he could always just act like they snuck up on his bad side. Fred slid past them though as they followed Roger.
"Wouldnt know about leadership like this. I'm normally the body guard. But I'll take your word for it." he added it wasnt often British Special Forces got protection from others, unless it was Ireland and they had the regular army watching their backs whilst they went to kick some teeth in. 
"So what sort of proposal are you thinking of. We're only here because some guys down the street told us that you has a quality vehicle come in a little while ago and we need wheels to last." He mostly just planned to look over the car and gather what info he could act like an interested buyer, say 'I'll be back with the money' and never come back, but he had to hope that Porter knew what make and model they were looking for, Fred only had a name, and had no idea what that name correlated to physically. He then decided to add ,playing up the foreigner aspect in the hopes it would make any suspicions Roger had seam less, well suspicious. "So... You boys are Legion right?" He began. "What are the Legion?" He added On top of the fact he was playing dumb, any intelligence was good intelligence. If it was something he had heard before at least this time it was from the horses mouth. 

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 312
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #51 on: February 05, 2019, 07:05:50 PM »

Feeling totally creeped out Cate obliged easily. It wasn't as if she hadn't been in worse places before this in her rather up and down career; no it was purely from the aspect that with 99% of her jobs in the past (that part of her life she tends to put in the garbage files) she knew who was the enemy and who was the foe. Here, with life so upside down you had no idea. To be safe she ordered two light beers, or whatever passed for that nowadays (possibly dishwater with added fizz and artificial flavors).

''Here you go, I think we're as safe as we can be with these.'' she slid the cans across the table while eyeing off their suspect. ''You know I think he looks pliable enough to talk to, given as you said the amount of booze he's consumed.'' Cate took a quick sip of the bitter ale, wanting to spit it out, it went down reluctantly. ''Shall we flip for it?''

Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]