Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: UNS Dreadnought Officer's Wardroom  (Read 338 times)

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
Re: UNS Dreadnought Officer's Wardroom
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2018, 06:36:22 PM »

>>From Hangar Deck>>

"I believe that may have proven most regrettable." The words were an echo in the confines of the elevator contraption. Moderately efficient in Todd's view, although he was more than aware of how much better the transporters of the Ancient city were. There was no comparison. The cat like eyes blinked twice on exiting the device on another level, the light for him was different here, possibly the humans couldn't detect it but he could.

Moving his head slowly from one face to another he saw in that strange gathering of humanity a will of determination. These were not weaklings who would run at the first sight of battle, that included the females he saw there, one of whom he esteemed to be the commander of this vessel, another a warrior and yet another he felt to be one of their healers. And of all things, one he suspected to be the fabled El'Dari he had heard so much of- very strange times indeed. With the mind send he spoke to Rhiase not too kindly. ~Stand by the wall, observe, do not speak until you are required to.~

When Todd finally spoke he chose his words carefully then spoke slowly. "And so it comes to this once again. The Wraith and their sworn enemy must fight together as one to thwart a common foe. I will say this for any of you who may feel this is about my race's survival entirely. A year ago that was all we cared for; but now this!" His hand shot over to point at his protege and the new scars she bore. "You may speak Rhiase, leave nothing out even if they have all heard it before."

There was no longer any doubt as to why they were all here, the Wraith they call Todd had made that quite clear, although Richard himself knew that this reckoning was coming with the Vanir for some time now. They had made that more than obvious three years ago during their first encounter with them.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 09:01:06 PM by Ellen_Ripley »

Teddy

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Teddy is on the verge of being accepted.Teddy is on the verge of being accepted.Teddy is on the verge of being accepted.Teddy is on the verge of being accepted.Teddy is on the verge of being accepted.
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2018, 10:46:05 AM »

McKay

Rodney had snook in and around John as they went to their seats, he was sitting comfortably as Todd spoke and Rhiase came forward,he gave her his best steely stare, but it came across like he was constipated, fortunatly he kept his mouth shut

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 235
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2018, 12:51:13 AM »

For those in this place who had seen Rhiase before, they will make note of a vast change in her. She still carried that over confident look about her like all Wraith, yet the things that marked her different to just a short while ago were more than noticeable. Part of her left hand had been burned away completely, the last two fingers missing; she bore a deep ugly scar running down the left side of her face from the temple to the jaw. Her stance wasn't as near as haughty as before, somehow if you looked deeply into that false confidence there was a real fear underneath. It showed in her hesitation to speak up immediately; for while she may have a few moments ago appeared to banter with Sheppard, it was a complete facade. Rhiase had found something to make her pause in terror. She finally stepped forward.

Standing tensely the words forming in her mouth slowly, it came out piece by piece. "There is...little that I can add to what most of you already know." She sucked in a deep long breath. "All of you are by now well...aware that these Vanir had begun a cloning pr...program. Creating human soldiers to do their blood lust work. One day ago I intercepted what I believed was a small probing force of theirs over the world your people know as Riva. Against Guide's orders I took my ship in deeply thinking it was possible to outplay them....it wasn't. They were waiting for me. Riva was already gone, there was nothing left but scorched earth; as I began to withdraw to engage their sole ship on station, I was attacked by at least eight that I could count. My vessel lasted mere minutes with a small few of my crew being able to escape by either dart or one of our smaller cruisers. I remained behind as the burning remains of my ship was being boarded, I think they needed to prove I was dead." Rhiase stopped there and then. "If not for the coming of Guide I would not be here to tell you this. Sheppard..." She looked directly at him. "...those that I fought taunted me, they said and I know this was meant for you. 'There is nowhere to hide, we will find you wherever you are.' I...I believe they know our two races have formed a coalition to go against them." There was more, much more to be said. "These Vanir never before used any type of fighter craft, they do now. Of course it is beneath the Vanir themselves to pilot them...when Guide moved us away we attacked by swarms of them...it was if the pilots had no mind of their own, it wasn't fearlessness they showed, it was suicidal."

Riva
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 84
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2018, 08:04:49 PM »

Reese tried not to fidget as the two Wraith arrived.  Despite the fact that they had an alliance she was still nervous.  One never knew what could happen.  Her eyes widened though as she listened to Rhiase tell her story.  Just what were these Vanir up to?  And what did they have planned to carry out?  Things certainly weren't looking good.  Of course being just a doctor she didn't understand the whole military position on things so she would just keep quiet.

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 56
  • DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!
  • I already lost one captain. I won't lose another
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2018, 03:58:51 PM »

Kara sat there and listened to the Wraith speak. There was strength in the first one named Todd and slight fear from the second one named Rhiase. From her, she could almost sense that she wasn't all there? She looked human but she is Wraith. It was confusing. Being El'Dari, she kept her composure but the other side of her wanted to attack them. She had to remember that they weren't the enemy. It was the Vanir as she listened to Rhiase speak about them. Not wanting to speak out of turn, she waited till everyone had their thoughts out. Especially the Colonel. Kara looked towards the CO of the Dreadnought expecting her to speak.
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • First Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2018, 12:57:14 PM »

It was Michelle who spoke after making notes in the well worn notepad she had shown McKay earlier. Only part of it had been dedicated to ballistics calculations, she still had some blank pages to make notes on. Jason seemed content to just watch both Wraith closely, not offering anything yet to the conversation.

"If they're making clone troopers, then that means the Vanir's actual numbers are so low they don't want to risk casualties. We saw some of the clones with the Rebel Genii, but I think the assessment was that was, along with the advanced weapons, armor and giant brain, services rendered for an unknown payment." Michelle said. Sheppard glanced over at the SEAL Lieutenant.

"I think I know what the payment was. SG-12 reported finding human prisoners, and I'm pretty sure it's safe to bet that the Vanir needed a good selection of humans to use to make stable clones. Between them and the Genii, they probably got more than enough." Sheppard said.

"So, in that case, we need to find Kamino and shut it down." Michelle replied.

"You know the planet's name already?" Ronon asked.

"No. Kamino was the planet where the clone troopers in Star Wars were created. Figure that if we call it that now, the Vanir won't know what we're targeting, not unless they stole someone's Star Wars prequel trilogy set when they attacked Atlantis." Michelle said. "If that's the case, then, odds are, they might not be using the same hardware they had then either. Not the clone troopers, anyways."

"Rhiase." Sheppard looked at her, "How were the humans that attacked your ship equipped? Last time we encountered them, they wore heavy suits of Ancient origin. These had powerful shields and armor plating."

"The Jangos...erm...tangos we encountered at the Genii base had the usual gear until we got to the core areas, then they wore full body suits that didn't appear overly bulky. Not skintight, they were obviously armored, but close to. Also, they were armed with dual mode assault rifles. Normal assault rifle with a railgun mode. Doctor McKay and I did some checking over that a couple days ago, but nothing more than a cursory glance before we had to change gears." Michelle added.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2018, 06:48:34 PM »

"Whoa! I must have misread something along the way. Are you all saying these clowns are making human clones as in we have a Darth Sidious aka Vanir out there saying he wants this massive army to take over the galaxy?" Lily to was something of a George Lucas fan herself having met the man some few years ago when he addressed an Air Force conference regarding possible future scenarios in the not too distant future. How she wished she could get him to visit the SGC; of course after signing the usual non disclosures.

Rhiase appeared confused by the human's references so she merely dismissed it as something she may learn at a later point. "They were much as you described though not overly advanced as one might think. Our energy based weapons had some effect on them to a degree, although when using our Spear Gun in close quarters if we were able to find a weak spot in their suits; which was directly under the arm pit, we were more successful." That and the Wraith blade many higher warriors carried. "I have this image of them to confirm." She withdrew a device from within her suit, much like a small Ipad though very much Wraith technology, Rhiase tapped it, then held it up for all to see.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 05:09:00 PM by Mim »
Far Dareis Mai

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2018, 09:00:11 PM »

Todd hissed not in displeasure, quite the opposite. "Your estimation of these Vanir I would say is correct. Though they put out many ships against us, for the most part from those we have managed to board they appear to be automated to a great degree with a very small crew running them. They have only very recently thrown fighter craft into battle and those were flown by these clones!" He spat the last out as the greatest insult to his kind.

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • First Lieutenant
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2018, 02:22:22 PM »

Sheppard glanced at Michelle again, nodding slightly in approval. It wasn't often someone impressed Todd on their first meeting, even if she was being unconventional about it. That was a good sign.

"Okay. So that's good news at least, we can work with that." Michelle said, scribbling down some notes.

"Reese, Carrie. I want you two to start on something. Run every test you two can conjure up, invent a few if you have to. Look for anything that gives us clues about these clones that could tell us anything. Get with Keller and whoever else you need to in order to make this happen." Sheppard said.

"We should also look for what sets apart a clone from one of us in some way. I hate to drop this particular bomb in the room, but we need to set up countermeasures for a clone of one of us being used as a spy." Michelle added with a tone that was clear the SEAL was not happy about that idea.

"That's just creepy, disturbing and paranoid nightmare fuel." Jason said, "Way to think outside of the box, Gambler. Could've bit us in the six later on." The Master Chief added with a thumbs up in approval.

"Like when the Replicators made those copies of us? But wouldn't they try to do what those did?" Ronon asked. Those...things...had been utterly convinced they were him, Sheppard, McKay and Teyla...

"I'm sure the Vanir will program any clones of us to follow their orders, even if they have to convince those clones they're the real deal and we're the clone. Either way, it'll be bad. Yeah, Doctors, add that into your work. Look for anything that can be added to our scanners to tell the two apart, and make sure you forward that to Todd." Sheppard looked over at Todd, "Can't discount the possibility they'll try it on you guys as well."

"How do we find Kamino and shut it down?" Ronon asked.

"One step at a time, big guy. Plus, how do we know they don't just have cloning labs all over the galaxy here? Like instead of One Big Factory, they have a bunch of small ones?" Jason asked.

"Honestly, Master Chief, we don't. But right now, we're low on intel and options, so there aren't too many variables in play, we just don't know which ones are and are not, so we're imagining all of them are. Common reflex in this situation." Michelle replied.

"So. We need to find intel on the cloning facilities, then figure out how to shut those down, regardless of how many. We also need to hit anything important to the Vanir along the way. Rodney, did you and Jackson find anything else in Janus' Bat Cave that might be of interest to them? Something they might be able to build to turn against us like the Attero Device?" Sheppard asked.

@sorra @NG @Teddy

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 84
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2018, 07:57:59 PM »

Clones?  Replicators?  Oh this wasn't good at all.  Especially if they were attacking now.  She nodded in answer to Sheppard.  "As many tests as we can," she promised, looking over at Carrie. "Ready for a long night?" she asked the other woman.  She wouldn't sleep until they got to the bottom of this.

Teddy

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Teddy is on the verge of being accepted.Teddy is on the verge of being accepted.Teddy is on the verge of being accepted.Teddy is on the verge of being accepted.Teddy is on the verge of being accepted.
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2018, 11:03:30 AM »

McKay

He was watching the people across the table, moving his head from one to the other, then John mentioned his name, he glanced at him as if coming out of a daydream

"No, well, I don't know, we still don't know what half the stuff is, let alone how it works and after the Attero device I would think twice about trying to use any of it, and don't forget, we altered the shield harmonics so they can't get back through...hopefully, so we have a medium of protection if they decide to drop in and cut a hole in the floor and roof, that and we have moved all of it, hopefully they won't activate, as you know the Attero device activated because of my ancient gene"  McKay's thought seem to shift as he remembered the conversation across from him but a few minutes ago "How can we be sure we are who we think we are?" He clicked his fingers  "We could check if some of us were real, they wouldn't be able to replicate the ancient gene"
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 11:05:20 AM by Teddy »

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2018, 03:29:02 PM »

She never took her eyes off Rhiase from the moment she entered the room even if Todd was the more intimidating one of the two. And even if she normally was a very compassionate doctor, Carrie didn’t feel any empathy at all for this ‘woman’ as she told them her story… and that was an odd feeling. Forgiving her for what she’d done to her friend wasn’t even on the map.

Carrie remained quiet for a while, shook her head towards Reese, giving her a small smile, “Lack of sleep isn’t going to help the matter,” then turned towards the others.
“Ok. I’m not geneticist like Carson, so I’m not even going to *pretend to be a pro at this but- as far as I know to make a clone you only need a few cells to start with and Dr Keller I think pretty much dumbed it down with the telomeres when Carson came back so I’m going to skip that lecture since I’m sure you’re all up to date with how those works. As for all of us in here, I know for a fact that we all have blood samples, some older that others, at the SGC, meaning we’ve all got controls to match with swab tests if necessary. Now,”
She turned to Sheppard and McKay, “As I said, making a clone, only takes a couple of cells, but you even if you do that, you don’t get our subQ-transmitters in the same package, so my question back to you guys, is if it’s possible to modify the LSD’s to not only track people, but also track or at least detect our transmitters?”
Before either of them had a chance to answer though, she quickly added, “Oh, and since you guys ran around in that bunker, I’ve got one clone in the morgue, one in the brig… and an ‘original’ in the Atlantis brig... Should be suffice to start with if needed.”

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2018, 06:37:13 PM »

"Doctor Svensson is right. While I am not a medical or even a science expert, I have read enough on the subject we are faced with. For example, my last blood test showed I have arthritis and a particular gene that will trigger it severely at times. My inflammation markers were rather high and that was six months ago. They won't copy that at all, so that is one point. The other is the easy one, our personal locators and I am sure you Rodney could find a solution to that as a natural progression of the life signs detector. Thank you Doctor Svensson." Richard nodded to her his gratitude. "Or perhaps Rodney we should place Doctor Zelenka in charge of that task?"

He then glanced over at Colonel Sheppard. "Since we have an El'Dari representative here, and we know from our own experiences with the Asgard that these people tend to occupy worlds inhabited by them since time immemorial, might they not have in their data bases some records to indicate a possible search area? Miss Kara?" He added.

"I'm sure they are working on it Ssssheppard." Todd said with a little sarcasm. "Whether or not they're successful is another thing altogether. Our gene codes are unique, with each tribe of Wraith belonging to the Queen who spawned them. No two families of Wraith are the same." He looked in surprise at Carrie when she mentioned the clones. "The live one, have you checked on him recently? We've taken a few of them and they don't appear to live long with some kind of built in self destruct if captured."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2018, 02:15:57 AM »

Having listened to the discussion, which to her surprise was rather tame; Lily called it as she saw it. "Right then we have a lot to do in very a short time. I would like to suggest that we make our first moves immediately by sending out one of our escorts on a long range recon, gather any evidence they can. Todd, Rhiase, can either of you suggest at least one known location you believe these Vanir may be using for cover?"

"The Tallellinian Sector, we engaged them there some six months ago. They fled although we have not returned in that time. They are creatures of habit, they might have thought we lost interest in that sphere." That was all she could give them.
Far Dareis Mai

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • First Lieutenant
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2018, 03:17:20 PM »

"You guys do what you have to, but I'm pretty sure you're right, Carrie." Sheppard said, before his expression changed when Todd made his statement.

"Master Chief, call Atlantis, find out what's going on with the prisoner." Sheppard said, looking right at Jason.

"Roger that, sir. Excuse me, folks." Jason said, making his way out of the room at a brisk pace to make the call.

"We need to run some recon on that area, then. We need to know as much we can, and if in the process, we find Kamino, so be it." Sheppard said. Michelle started to look like she wanted to say something but was torn on it. Her blue eyes kept darting from him to Todd, then to Woolsey and then Rhiase.

"...okay. Alright, this isn't going to be super popular here. We've been testing our counter to the Vanir suit shields, and it seems the reverse is true than with the clones; energy weapons work better against those shields. I'm not sure if the lack of effectiveness is because of the Wraith using non-lethal only weapons, but either way, in a strategic sense, that will be a liability, and that's only magnified in a tactical situation." Michelle said, looking more to Todd than anyone.

"Unless you guys have any other weapons, I'm about to suggest something that sounds absolutely insane, but...well, if it's one thing DEVGRU is good at, it's helping those help themselves." Michelle looked to Woolsey and Sheppard, "I'd like to suggest that if the Wraith do not have more effective personal weapons, we consider the possibility we are going to have to arm them. Personally, I'd say we get them some low-maintenance stuff, like AKs or old school battle rifles, since P90s and ARs would require more training."

"That's a bad idea and you know it, Sheppard." Ronon warned.

"Ultimately, it isn't my call to make." Sheppard replied to both of them, looking to Todd and Woolsey.
Pages: 1 [2] 3

lethal-pageant