Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: SGC Payroll office-Level 27  (Read 1228 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 312
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Re: SGC Payroll office-Level 27
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2018, 12:20:00 AM »

"You're welcome Major." Cheryl was about to let him out when he made two more requests. "Yessir, the first is easy. Get yourself down to the Blackbird bunker and see Lieutenant Stephanie McMillan, she'll be able to help you set up an area down there for your team, there is plenty of space as you can imagine, that place formerly held the warhead assembly room for our nukes." Then she looked up, then down again. "Seeing the Admiral might be a squeeze right now as he's locked in a conference. But I think by the time you see Steph, he should be free. Was there anything else?"

Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Justin

• Airman First Class
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Justin A new starter.
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2018, 04:47:05 PM »

"Right, thanks. That should be about it then" Callaghan said as he committed the instructions to his mind. Having everything sorted, he nodded to the Lieutenant. "Good afternoon, Lieutenant" he said before turning around and leaving the room again.

>>Blackbird bunker>>
CHARACTER LIST:
Major Jonathan "Jack" Gallagher, British Army | SG-1 probationary
Major Alexander "Alex" Callaghan, USMC | CO, TF Wolfpack - INACTIVE

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2018, 07:33:46 PM »

"Afternoon Major and come back anytime you like, even if its just to chat." Throwing out hints like confetti, well you blame her alone down here in this little hole.

Thaddeus

• Technical Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Thaddeus Thumb turning green.Thaddeus Thumb turning green.
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2019, 11:50:54 AM »

A new set of orders had come in, that he was being assigned to the SGC. He had heard a fair bit of low-level rumblings, rumors about some sort of gate that lead to other worlds.

Mike had placed it aside in replacement of getting his current task done and dusted first; reporting to the payroll office. Mike cut a taller figure among those who passed him, wearing his MTPs with his patches on display and the green beret with the SBS cap badge on top of his head. Though, it was clear as day that Baker had been through the ringer; his three fingers on his left hand were a couple of digits shorter after he had tangoed with an IED.

No one would have pegged the older man for having just been called off a training exercise a few hours before and told to report to the Payroll office to meet with a Lt. Brownwell.

Mike rounded the corner, greeted with the two SFs standing on guard. His pace only slowed upon reaching the guards. "Warrant Officer Mike Baker. I was instructed to report to a Lieutenant Brownwell." He said, his body slightly turning to face the senior of the two SFs, managing to catch himself and using the American pronunciation of the LT. rank.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 04:59:48 PM by Thaddeus »

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2019, 04:50:31 PM »

{S/Sgt Jason Clarke USAF} NPC

Double checking the rank insignia, Jason wasn't about to make the newbie mistake some of his junior NCO's had made so often with overseas personnel. He instantly recognised the Royal Marines cap badge and with that he now knew at a glance the comparisons between ranks. He filed that away in his memory for use at another time when he would be conducting training sessions for newly joined SF's to the SGC. "A moment please Mister Baker." He said using the correct title, at least he was certain it was. Jason pressed the wall intercom. "Lieutenant, I have a Warrant Officer Baker here to see you."

Cheryl had spent the day finishing up late pay records for the Atlantis mission before moving onto the fleet ships. It was a large task but not one she wasn't up to finishing in time this evening before she went home for the day. A slight distraction was nothing in her schedule at this point in time. She pressed the door release before standing to open the second interior door. "Send him in Sergeant I've been expecting him." She replied.

"You can go in now sir." The door lock clicked before Jason opened it outwards.

Thaddeus

• Technical Sergeant
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2019, 03:12:14 AM »

Mike did not mind waiting, there was a virtue in patience after all in the world. That, and the fact that he would not be able to do much until he had been given the go ahead to enter the office itself.

He relaxed into the stand-at-ease position simply out of years and habit as the Staff Sergeant informed the lieutenant about his arrival. He had been mildly impressed that they had managed to get the ranks right, though that was a comment for another day.

Upon being instructed to go in, Mike gave the Staff Sergeant a nod of his head and entered the room.

It was similar to his days having to report to his training team back in Foundation, going through the drills in order for it to stick; there had been all too many times when he had forgotten his number or fumbled over his words. For now, Mike would play it by ear as his eyes scanned the office briefly before settling on the LT.'s face. "Lieutenant." He greeted.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2019, 11:49:40 PM »

"Come in please Mister Baker." Cheryl's hand indicated a vacant chair opposite her own at her table come desk. Back tracking she took her own seat so she could comfortably do what she had to do. "I'm Lieutenant Cheryl Brownwell, Paymaster for the SGC and Personnel Officer. My duties include not only your pay, but taking care of your personal files, allocating accommodation and personnel welfare. The first order of business will be the standard next of kin forms. I see you've already signed the non disclosure agreement so that saves us a lot of time." She opened a drawer on her right side pulling out a plastic coated ID card on a chain. "This is yours, it has all your information on it we sourced from the MoD as well as your entry codes with the bar code swipe for the areas you are cleared for so far. Other sections will be automatically added to that as time goes by." A few keystrokes on her computer as she brought up more information for him. "Your room is 303 on level 25 and if you require it Mister Baker I can help you with something in Colorado Springs if you need it. Any questions so far?" Cheryl was on most days a pleasant girl and easy to deal with. Today wasn't one of those days as she heard on the grape vine that her father was going to drop by the SGC within the week on his way to Ramstein AB in Germany for an inspection tour. She felt no matter how hard she tried she could never get away from his interference in her life.

Thaddeus

• Technical Sergeant
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2019, 12:27:22 PM »

Mike did not be needed to be told twice when it came to the gesture that indicated that he should take a seat. He pulled it out and sat, his back straight as he leaned into the back rest as he listened to what the lieutenant had to say about the matter and her role of being here. That was when the mention of the next of kin forms had popped up; an old friend, at this point. However, it had been more recently when he had been taking more caution on certain aspects in his life, knowing that he had his children and wife to provide for.

He rubbed at his knee, a small smile on the corners of his lips. "That old chestnut." Mike was old enough to have learned his lesson of how important those forms were back in '02, but being that he was still around; there had always been a part that hated having to go through them.

Mike took the plastic card that the lieutenant was handing over, looking over it as he listened to what areas he was and wasn't allowed to access and how it would automatically be updated with time. Technology was certainly a mysterious beast, and he was only really getting to grips with the bloody GPS - though he understood the need to upgrade to something that seemed more secure. He put the ID card around his neck as he waited for everything else to be explained to him. "I appreciate everything you've said, lieutenant. One question: I presume that I'll be doing all the next of kin forms here and not at the medical bay, which is my next stop."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2019, 07:47:47 PM »

"Thank you...." Cheryl softened for a moment, someone had truly turned her sour mood around for the time being. "...we don't often get told we're doing our job properly so I appreciate your appreciation Mister Baker." While it didn't quite sound right, her statement did get the message across in her own way. "Yes that one. We've tried as best as we can to slim down the paperwork, it's been a big job over the last year or so but I think we're getting there. From here, no, all the administration is done as far as you're concerned. Make your way up to level 21, out of the elevator turn right and down that passageway until you come to the sign SGC Medical Section. Turn left and you'll be at the Nurses station, Lieutenant Colonel Sutton will take care of you." She glanced down at her laptop screen bringing up Med Bay. "Yes you won't have to look for her, she's there now. Good luck and feel free to come see me if you need anything." Cheryl pressed the door release, a click sounded it unlocking.

Thaddeus

• Technical Sergeant
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2019, 03:56:29 AM »

Mike nodded, noting the fact that those working behind the scene got less of the appreciation than most. He had seen it as he progressed through the ranks, and though when he was a young whippersnapper Mike hadn't paid all that much attention to how important things were behind the scenes; the effort put into getting them deployed or sorting out their basic accommodations. "Wouldn't be able to do much otherwise without the support structure." Mike replied.

He was, however, surprised at the lack of paperwork that needed to be done. Here he had been preparing himself for at least an hours worth, but it had all been done. Mike reckoned it was due to the improving technological advances of computers taking over written forms, even if it had been the case for quite some time.

Med bay was his next stop. Mike filed away the directions for another time, should he need them in the near future as he stood up, extending out a hand for his thanks. "Thank you, lieutenant." With that, he proceeded out the same door he had came in.

>> Med Bay >>

Pages: 1 [2]