Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: P4H-51Y Echmon  (Read 2140 times)

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 69
  • Bowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has Ascended
  • If the Day does not require an AK then it is Good.
Re: P4H-51Y Echmon
« Reply #45 on: October 22, 2019, 06:30:45 AM »

SG-12
Major Fred Rivers
Company Sergeant Major Gary Carter
Captain Harly Green
1st Lieutenant Charlotte Summers

"Huh..." Mumbled Fred looking over the field and then making his way towards the cave behind Mitchell and SG-1, at the same time Harly was taking a knee and getting out her tablet and a handheld scanner to collect some data on the crystle. She wondered how these interfaced with subspace and the look of intrigue was clear in her eyes.
"Its worth phoning in some guards for this before we leave. The goa'uld may not have been smart enough to get here first, but they may show up later. Likely with a ship and hundred bastards. he then glanced to the Russian Goa'uld as they spoke.
"Well... At least we can steal their ammunition for once. Worst thing about fighting Jaffa. When you ran out of ammo you had to pick up a staff weapon." He sighed as he turned and slung his rifle in the crook of his arm.
"Well we best get a shift on back to the gate. Could even head of to twelve M see if we can borrow a jumper for a bit of a tactical advantage." He knew the chances wernt high but felt it was worth the suggestion.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 107
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #46 on: October 22, 2019, 07:23:38 PM »

"That was it, thank you Catherine. Any wonder I had difficulty remembering the name of the place you know what I mean? How you people pronounce some of your Earthly words is beyond me, although I do expect the same said of any language that is foreign to someone." A brief moment of suspicion crossed Vala's mind when Larissa made no response to that, surely she would have known the place as well as anyone claiming they came from that land.

Not too long after that, it could well have been an hours trek with the long legged MacGregor taking them around a necessary northern route they came upon the rear entrance to the caves. Vala pondered on the fact that did the Ancient safeguards apply here as well? Obviously since SG7's departure and their discovery those same barriers had been dropped, so the question remained was it as easy now for the Goa'uld to come here or did this Vivienne recognize the difference between good and bad intent? Yes Cam might be taken aback by the fact that Vala did read mission files when it concerned her. "Many years ago if I had found this depository there wouldn't be a stone left after a few hours. Aren't you all glad the old me isn't around any longer?" That impossibly wide grin of hers caught the sunlight on her teeth.

"Cameron wasn't our mission brief specific? We 'were' supposed to mark a suitable base area for the following Engineering teams. Painted pegs in the ground I suppose? That is if we brought paint of course." She for one wasn't in a hurry to rush off to one of Ba'al's holdings. "Daniel?" A little support here she felt. Seeking further back up, she eyeballed the members of all three teams, surely someone here had the sense to follow orders. This was the new Vala.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 326
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2019, 10:35:38 PM »

"No probs Vala. Oh and you've been watching too many street council gangs do their work, this is the 21st century after all, or is it the 22nd?" There were times Cate could act the real ditz when she wanted to. "Flynn, Kylie, Harly to me please." She requested quietly, dropping her all too big Marine sized pack on the ground. From within she retrieved a tripod and a digital mapping device with a wifi USB. "Link your laptops girls, password is 'looksee', and we'll take some purty pictures." The mapping device used by many services these days took the hard work out of surveying, the camera like device with an attached ground mapping radar had the ability to produce a useable 3D image of the terrain both on the surface and sub strata to a depth of six meters. "All in the plan Fred." She told him meaning having a guard team show up of course.

"Cam this won't take more than fifteen, twenty minutes tops, then we can move onto Adrestria's Castle site. Other than that, I'd say we had all eat while we can and do anything else necessary we won't have time for when we do arrive." Meaning taking a pee behind a tree, or catching twenty minutes shut eye.

She had one small issue of her own to contend with, a certain monthly invader. "Will do you have any Tylenol with you?"

@Ellen_Ripley @sorra @Thaddeus @Troy @Impiousimp @Cipherhornet18  @Bowsy 112
« Last Edit: October 23, 2019, 10:38:03 PM by Mim »

Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 106
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #48 on: October 26, 2019, 08:13:21 PM »

Flynn quietly skirted around Larissa.  She still wasn't sure about the whole Goa'uld not wanting to kill them thing and she wasn't about to take any chances.  Although her face lit up when Cate said to get out their lap tops.  Oh she loved working on her computer.  "This should at least be fun," she said, dropping to the ground to retrieve her computer out of her pack.  She soon had the hightech laptop booted up and was working on snycing it with the others.

She glanced up at Cate. 'I have some in the front of my bag," she answered as she typed away.  She never left home without Tylenol.  To her it was a sin as she always seemed prone to headaches.

Cipherhornet18

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 115
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
« Reply #49 on: October 27, 2019, 08:00:07 PM »

"Okay, everyone put the computers away." Cam said, "We are not engineers. We are not going to waste daylight and battery power on that, we have found the site, we have cleared the site. Fred is right, we're calling in another team to do this." Cam explained, with a little frustration in the mission being redirected not once but twice.

"What are we doing, exactly?" Daniel asked.

"We are going to head back to the gate and call it in. Then we're going to verify that we're going after this castle that Adrestia described. But everyone getting all eager to play architect instead is not why we drug out three teams here, none of which has "Engineering" in their job description." Cam replied, turning and leading the way back to the gate.

"I suppose if SG-4 would rather stay behind and design this new base instead, who are we to stop them?" Adrestia commented.

"And you're not calling the shots. You or...other you." Daniel said, moving to follow Cam.

"Cate, that's your call, but you're going to convince the Admiral to let you stay." Cam said, "SG-1, we're on the move and that's not up for debate kids."

Impiousimp

• Sin Bin
  • Technical Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Impiousimp is looked down upon.
« Reply #50 on: October 27, 2019, 08:27:56 PM »

Alright, she was getting a little bit of command whiplash here.  Obviously she knew better than to disregard a direct order from a superior, and she wanted to get her mits on these crystals just as much as any engineer would, this wasn't exactly their mission OP was it?   Then there was keeping her mouth shut in regards to asking Cam whether or not she can keep one for a table lamp, instead she just grinned to herself and moved to Cate to retrieve her laptop from her pack, then glanced back to Cam and shrugged.  Welp.

On the other hand, she adjusted her hat over her eyes.  "If there's a threat here we'll get caught with our pants down milling around here and stringing up the ZPMs that still work like Christmas lights.    We'd need an excavation unit at the very least and they won't be able to come here if there's a doomsday machine or something.   Also any time we spend here we lose out on any element of surprise.  I'm not a tactical genius but with all due respect that should be obvious to everyone."

And given she had been distracted from earlier conversations she glanced at Adrestia and gave a slight shrug.  Could talk about that later, might, who knows.   

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 69
  • Bowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has AscendedBowsy 112 Has Ascended
  • If the Day does not require an AK then it is Good.
« Reply #51 on: October 27, 2019, 08:33:02 PM »

SG-12
Major Fred Rivers
Company Sergeant Major Gary Carter
Captain Harly Green
1st Lieutenant Charlotte Summers

"Right. SG twelve, Shift your arse. Gary got that flag?" His Sergeant Major nodded and patted the outer pocket of his pack, a mixture of a joke and a useful tool, Gary carried a small Union flag on a pole. Mostly they had just used it to mark camps or buildings they had set up shop in when allowed to stay in a village. Because unlike the SGC Insignia it meant very little to those not from earth.
"Good stick it roughly where that village should be, the place may not be real but its not located in a flooding area, and its not a million miles from the gate, so the Engineers that come through can at least start there and play snow white and the seven dwarfs in their own time." He turned and had actully started walking back towards the gate already. SG-12 following close behind Cam.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2019, 08:58:06 PM »

Normally Cate might take a fairly relaxed attitude when it came to orders. Normally. At this very moment she was conflicted between duty to the SGC and the Admiral, or more rightly the orders issued by Maria and Cam's anxiousness to get on with the second appended part of the mission to this Castle site Adrestria informed them about. A dilemma she needed to extricate herself from and with all the speed she could muster. So she formed a solution in her mind even as Cam spoke. "Cam, I'm going to get this done. I can make a work around in the program to speed up the process and using just two laptops since the Lieutenant here seems to be shy of work." Threats be buggered, if this was all they were going to do then why didn't they just gate to wherever it was that was so urgently needed to check out in the first instance. It felt like one great big waste of time to her. Fred's chipping in didn't help either. She felt a mood coming on, not that anyone would know and she wasn't about to put it on display either. "We'll meet you at the gate before you dial out." She added. That meant once she and Flynn were done, SG4 were going to be tying on their sprinting shoes. "Thanks." She mumbled to her team Geek for the Tylenol, popping that down quickly with a sip of water. If William came up with another, she'd hang onto that for later, she knew her own body and she knew what to expect.

"William, DJ I know this is going to bore the stuffing out of you. Just keep a sharp eye out for bears or whatever." The boys were good at that and she knew her and Flynn's back would be covered. "Okay Flynn, camera is set, our laptops are talking to one another. I'm executing the program in 3 times speed. Yes I know I could either blow up the mapping device or our CPU's, we don't have much choice."

@sorra @Thaddeus @Troy
« Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 09:41:13 PM by Mim »

Troy

• Second Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 37
  • Troy has a powerful will.Troy has a powerful will.Troy has a powerful will.Troy has a powerful will.Troy has a powerful will.Troy has a powerful will.Troy has a powerful will.
« Reply #53 on: October 28, 2019, 09:20:23 PM »

Not being of the engineering mindset, and still not fully sure of their mission, William let the others debate the next steps. The seemingly abandoned city certainly was an important find, and he felt they should spend more time exploring. Especially with there being no sign of enemy resistance.

As the discussion carried on, Vala brought up marking the boundary lines for a follow-up team to use. Why that required multiple teams, William didn't know unless the Brass was expecting resistance.

"Will do you have any Tylenol with you?"

Reaching into the smaller med-pack, William tossed over a round bottle.
"Pretty sure every medic is required by tradition to carry over the counter pain killers. It'll cure whatever ails ya."

The decision was made for SG-4 to remain behind and make some scans, he was placed on sentry duty. Taking up position on the northern end of the compound, he acknowledged the command.

"Bears or whatever. Gotcha."

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #54 on: October 29, 2019, 07:15:28 PM »

For once as much as Vala admired Cam, she was feeling anxious about him. Something had changed and she guessed it might be caused by conflicts between the teams, yet right now he didn't seem himself, that old laid back easy as you please Cam Mitchell. But who was she to say, lately she'd felt like a fifth wheel in the team. Daniel never barely spoke to her, it was as if she was just an accessory to have around. Shrugging she said, "I'll see you make it there SG4 even if I have to hold my foot in the door. But don't take longer than you need, we all know Ba'al and we know that the possibility exists that he to may well know about this place by now." Spinning on her heel, Vala wasn't but a few meters behind the rest of her team.

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 106
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #55 on: November 03, 2019, 05:55:13 PM »

Flynn glanced up from her laptop.  Oh dear.  How had this suddenly changed?  Well, she wouldn't worry about it now.  Cate wanted everything set up.  She waved a hand to Vala to let her know thank you and they would be there before starting to type quickly.  A grin touched her lips as she looked up. "Locked and ready, Commander," she told Cate.  "Think we can high tail it out of here now."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #56 on: November 04, 2019, 06:41:45 PM »

Relief and record time to boot. "Right then let's pack it in, Cam will be pleased when we show up way before he's expecting us." Cate figured it'd take the other group at least 40 minutes to reach the gate. They had spent 11 minutes after she checked her watch and with a good forced march slash jog SG-4 could well catch up.

Another 3 minutes packing everything away and they were done. Cate put the digital images onto a USB then in a small weatherproof back, attached a tracking locator to it before putting that under some rocks. "They'll find it, I told Major Coffman before we left so he'll be expecting it." With that done the team set off for the Stargate, a walk soon turned into a brisk jog when it was all down hill.

@Ellen_Ripley @Thaddeus

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #57 on: November 05, 2019, 09:40:11 PM »

GM Post

While the team waited for the Stargate to be dialed, a dark cloud like substance bore down on them from the trees nearby, as it drew closer the very loud sound similar to that of bees was as clear as a bell. It was a swarm. The darkness enveloped all those standing near and around the gate, when it passed, Daniel Jackson, Larissa and Kylie lay unconscious on the ground.

Thaddeus

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Technical Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 17
  • Thaddeus is working their way up.Thaddeus is working their way up.Thaddeus is working their way up.
« Reply #58 on: November 09, 2019, 06:26:09 AM »

DJ took a knee once they had come to a halt. His eyes were on his surroundings, largely ignoring what Catherine had to do - he much rather focus on their safety than the work that the didn't concern him. It was boring, as much of their job was, but DJ was happy enough to have not been benched and had been placed on the team.

It hadn't taken too long before the commander called for them to pack up and get moving. They moved at quite a pace, and with his short legs, more energy was spent trying to keep up than most as they finally headed towards the stargate at a quicker jog, allowing him to open up his stride as they headed down hill.

Once they got there, something started happening as the gate was being dialed in.

"Swarm!" DJ braced himself, having warned the others. However, miraculously, it seemed that they had been left untouched aside from three - who were all unconcious on the ground. "Commander, I think we might need medical assistance once we get through the gate. I can carry one through if the others can?"

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #59 on: November 10, 2019, 09:26:14 PM »

One could say he'd seen it all, the truth was as much as Cam liked to think he had, there were always new surprises. Bugs! He hated bugs. After checking Daniel, Kylie and the Russian slash Goa'uld, determining they were not only unconscious, they were most likely poisoned or infected badly or both. "Vala, Rivers, either you, or anyone seen anything like these things before?" They were much like a large, very large horsefly, about the length of Cam's foot. He watched with relief as they moved far to the north while at the same time SG4 showed up. "About time." He mumbled.

"No I haven't Cameron." Vala replied shaking her head. "It was winter when I was last here. Well not me exactly but you know what I mean."

"Yeah I do. Cate!" Raising his voice slightly he called to her. "Took your time, nonetheless you're here. I take it you saw what happened?" He now had the job of weighing up what to do. All of them go back to the SGC then head to this other address of Adrestria's, or dial up the SGC to call the medical team out here. The second option felt the wisest choice.

@Bowsy 112 @Mim
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

lethal-pageant