Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Player Search - BLACK PMC A MERCENARY STORY  (Read 383 times)

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • First Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
Re: Player Search - BLACK PMC A MERCENARY STORY
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2018, 02:36:24 PM »

Where is this company based at?

And I'm going to leave equipment as a case-by-case situation. In that, I mean I want to see what role people are looking to fill, so we don't have everyone bringing sniper rifles and shotguns or something silly like that.

As for the store's stock, what I'm seeing is this: the base gear is always there, that's the point. The rest will be stuff that gets rotated in and out and I'll randomly generate a list of stuff. Sometimes it'll be older, sometimes newer, I won't get into prototypes or rare one-offs. However what I will do is occasionally toss in a special edition, for cosmetic flair, from a company's lineup or maybe even...let's call it a "hero edition".

For the special edition, the best way to describe it is like how SIG Sauer's 1911 line, the GSR, has its base models but it also has one called the Spartan. Basically, the entire pistol is finished in a bronze color, the grips have a Spartan helmet, and MOLON LABE is engraved in the slide ("Come and take them", reportedly King Leonidas' last words to Xerxes when asked to surrender their weapons, now used in the US by pro-gun veterans). Nearly every company that sells to civilians has something like this, something flashy for a higher price.

The hero edition is more of a "gun cameo", where I throw in something that is a nod to a famous movie, TV show, or even a game. A couple of examples:
-A well worn Beretta 92F configured for left handed use, famously used by an NYPD officer who foiled a terrorist plot in Los Angeles (The nod would be to John McClaine's pistol from Die Hard)
-An excellently rebuilt AMT Hardballer that comes complete with a matching stainless steel finished suppressor, reportedly used by the world's greatest assassin (The nod would be to Agent 47 of Hitman fame)
-A Noveske N4 Diplomat, part of a series built for a group of aging mercenaries who are still considered some of the best men of action. "Christmas" appears to be carved with a knife under the manufacturer's mark on the magwell. (The nod would be to The Expendables).

DeDarkstar

• Stargate Content Moderator
  • Senior Airman
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • DeDarkstar A new starter.
  • "All check. Phasers?"
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2018, 04:27:57 PM »

Base of Operation should be in a "safe" Country like the US, Austria,Switzerland or Japan but if you ask me im more into Switzerland near Bern.

i agree with you the equipment should be selected by situation but just from the own item pool.

In tems for the "Hero Guns" there should be more the possibility to modify your own guns so its just a cosmetic thing. So for the shop we just need the Equipment and Firearms without any special variants. Or in other words everyone have the possibility to personalize his own equipment without buying special stuff from the Shop.

The shop should not have so many items anyway because on some missions you will find something to collect. The main offer of the shop should be modern equipment.

Keep calm and let Carter figure it out !

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!
  • If the Day does not require an AK then it is Good.
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2018, 09:34:56 PM »

From the research I put in to my own PMC rp on here a few years ago. Plus doing an essay on Blackwater and other PMC groups at Uni. If you want realism. It means that in theory the contractors should have to used locally sourced weapons and ammo. As in reality only the most ligit contractors (or ones that operate with in their own... lets say land mass.) That have all the diplomatic ties get to take their own weapons abroad. In which case a shop system could work better with little hints to hero guns from other movies. One thing to take in to account though is again unless completely legit and with full goverment oversight, most PMC's have to abide by a country's civilian gun laws (As I know some places have different rules for law enforcement.) This is why, companies like Black Water at least between like 2003 and 2010 had armouries working in places like Iraq and Afghanistan because they couldn't bring over their own weapons easilly, so often ended up with AK types or assault rifles, late 20th century pistols and a conglomeration of machine-guns (I believe the South Korean FN Minimi knock off was like the coveted machine gun for people running convoys.) Its also why you see contractors in the middle east wearing cheap tactical vests over mid 90's plate carriers alot at this time, as they had to buy things on the ground and wernt always able to bring over all of the gucci gear.

Unless your going for the more styalized approach to PMCs like in the expendables.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2018, 02:00:35 PM by Bowsy 112 »
Pages: 1 [2]