Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: MJ7-98U  (Read 44 times)

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • First Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
MJ7-98U
« on: November 06, 2018, 07:31:30 PM »

With some quick checking in the Atlantis database, MJ7-98U was discovered to be one of the sites listed by the restored Doctor Elizabeth Weir, after she was restored from subspace into a FRAN body, back in 2008. A hidden human settlement that was technologically close to Earth, it was recently found by the Vanir and attacked.

A temperate world for the most part, the Stargate is in a dry riverbed near an industrial site and small village.

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • First Lieutenant
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
Re: MJ7-98U
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2018, 08:18:04 PM »

The group stepped through the gate, where the MALP was waiting after it had been sent through. It almost looked like the gate itself was only recently unearthed in the dry riverbed. Michelle moved up a bit further than the rest, sweeping her MP7 around before lowering it.

"Looks clear, but this'd be a hell of a place to get into a shootout." Michelle commented.

"Yeah. Looks like the factory is up that way. Might be a drain pipe or something we can climb up, otherwise, we just have to hope there's a slope for us to climb up from this riverbed." Sheppard replied. "Let's go."

"Yes, hopefully. I'd rather not go climbing through some sewage pipe or pipe they pumped chemicals into this river..." Rodney commented.

"You don't know that." Ronon replied.

"And you don't know that it isn't that, okay?"

"What did I just say?" Sheppard asked, annoyed. "Look, let's just change the subject. Hanley, where are you from?"

"Me? Oh, okay. I'm from Las Vegas, Nevada. Good 'ol Sin City, as it were. I'm not a fan of it, though, growing up there removed the varnish that mot people see it as." Michelle replied. "I guess since I basically learned about all of you in orientation, it's only fair you can ask about me."

"Fair enough. Teyla, you want to start?" Sheppard asked as they made their way up the riverbed.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 244
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2018, 11:56:22 PM »

After emerging through the gate Teyla shrugged off that old and all too familiar chilled feeling as if it didn't matter anymore. She was more than used to it after what seemed like a lifetime of gate travel. "A strange world isn't it?" She said aloud, echoing her thoughts.

Catching up to the team she walked through the riverbed, every now and then breathing in using her awareness to detect not only Wraith but smells that were out of place. She could detect age, and of course the smell of rotting vegetation but not much else. "I feel nothing, its as if these people just packed their things and left in a hurry. Look here." She bent to pick up a child's shoe. "They came down from there John, to your right a little ahead of us." Her brown slender finger pointed the way.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 07:49:46 PM by Mim »
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • First Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2018, 04:35:22 PM »

"I'll bet they used the Stargate, too. Probably knew it was here the whole time, must've buried it at some point." Michelle pointed out as they rounded the bend to see a gentle slope of sand and rock leading up to concrete, suggesting a boat launch perhaps.

"Clearly if they eluded Wraith this long. But Elizabeth's data said this place was technologically close to Earth's. Not seeing that quite yet." McKay commented.

"They're not going to advertise it in the bottom of a dried up riverbed." Sheppard commented as they headed up the slope. The factory site appeared to be fairly large, walled off with concrete walls topped with barbed wire, with metal gates for personal and vehicle entry. Power lines also ran up to and through it. That site was to the right, and a paved road ran from it to the launch they stood, and continued on to the village to their left.

The village had several structures, with a white church standing at the base of the hill the village sat on. Power lines also ran to the village as well.

"Call it like a Chernobyl/Pripyat set up?" Michelle commented.

"That's clearly not a nuclear power plant." Rodney replied.

"No, like the village is where the workers lived, probably." Michelle shook her head.

"Teyla, take Michelle and Rodney, check out the village. We're looking for examples of weapons, but anything that might help with the Vanir, that's also important. And if we have any leads on where these folks ended up fleeing to, that'd be good too." Sheppard said, "C'mon, Chewie." He started heading for the factory.

"Alright." Ronon said, "See you guys later." He set off after Sheppard.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 244
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2018, 11:24:32 PM »

She nodded understanding, it was nothing out of the ordinary for the team. "Be careful John, Ronon." Teyla said to them as they left.

After a moment or two, she hefted her gear with the G36 slung across her chest to lead her companions up out of the river bed and into the village. "I suppose tactically with me leading, Rodney you'd feel safer in the middle won't you. Michelle, you have good eyes so your expertise in the rear we'll do fine. Perhaps once we're in more open area we can spread out a little." As she led them onward Teyla took the opportunity to talk, albeit quietly. "I've heard talk of 'Los Vegas' many times. Some back at Atlantis call it the city of Gold, so I suppose from your description Michelle its more of a facade than anything else."

Starting up the slope Teyla noticed how muddy it was, with the angle quite steep. There were few solid footprints, more a slide as it were as if most of those coming this way had no other choice but to go with it. There were a lot of small hardy shrubs and low hanging branches, so pulling themselves up wasn't going to be too difficult. With a very low sigh she pushed the rifle under her arm to free up both hands, climbing the slope by grabbing a branch either side until she reached the top. She turned. "Climb with caution, it is very slippery."
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • First Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2018, 09:07:04 PM »

They were now on the road to take them into the village, which now looked like it was a wreck.

"Yeah. I mean, it's fine if you're visiting as a tourist. Plenty to see and all that, but yeah, the people who stay throw their lives away gambling. Most of them, that is." Michelle commented.

"It's too noisy and bright for me. And there are faster ways to throw away thousands of dollars than rigged games." McKay added with a scoff.

"Plus, it's all only really concentrated on the Strip. You've got some other sights on Freemont too, but otherwise, it's same as usual. But there's more outside the city, like Lake Havasu or Mount Charleston." Michelle continued, "...looks like this place saw a bit of a riot...or fighting."

"They probably panicked when they had to evacuate." Rodney pointed out.

lethal-pageant