Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Remembrance Day 2018  (Read 104 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 244
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Remembrance Day 2018
« on: November 09, 2018, 12:39:56 AM »

"Lest We Forget"

Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
Re: Remembrance Day 2018
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2018, 03:31:39 PM »

I have not shed so many tears for a very long while. Thank you sweetheart for posting this, I was truly swept away with so many memories. The Vietnam portion evoked so much in my heart as this was a large portion of my youth. Thank you again.

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!
  • If the Day does not require an AK then it is Good.
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2018, 05:39:36 PM »

I will not be in the parade in Ieper on the 11th thanks to a bum leg. But I will be there and I will be at the last post ceramony for the next 3 days

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2018, 05:46:22 PM »

I have not shed so many tears for a very long while. Thank you sweetheart for posting this, I was truly swept away with so many memories. The Vietnam portion evoked so much in my heart as this was a large portion of my youth. Thank you again.

You're more than welcome Mum. I didn't tell anyone that I was working on it (except Cipher) so getting the reactions I have so far (all of three)  :^ at least lifted my heart to know some people were as moved as I was in making it.

I will not be in the parade in Ieper on the 11th thanks to a bum leg. But I will be there and I will be at the last post ceramony for the next 3 days

and..... :huh
Far Dareis Mai

Troy

• Second Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • Troy is a rising star!Troy is a rising star!Troy is a rising star!Troy is a rising star!Troy is a rising star!Troy is a rising star!
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2018, 06:17:20 PM »

Good job on the video. Here in the States it used to be Armistice Day but has been Veterans Day since 1954.

"

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2018, 06:26:28 PM »

Good job on the video. Here in the States it used to be Armistice Day but has been Veterans Day since 1954.

"

I think here in Australia it used to be called Armistice day as well long ago. I can only remember Remembrance Day though. We have ANZAC day for our veterans, that is April 25th, the anniversary of Gallipoli. On ANZAC day now, you will see not only veteran Aussies marching, but those who have migrated here as well. The US had a large group this year. From WW2 to Afghanistan.

Beautiful video Troy :) and thank you.
Far Dareis Mai

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2018, 06:05:34 AM »

and..... :huh

And... it was a very nice video and I thought I would share what I was doing for rememberence day.
 The video was very nicely made and had a very important point. But I feel I may be desensatized. Not to the point of not caring. But I've gone to about 10 reburials to soldiers from the first world war in as many months. I have a Commonwealth war graves commission cematery with in 100 meters of my home, another about 150 meters away. The Queens Uncle is buried 500 meters away. I hear the last post played under the menin gate every night. I think about the war dead every day.

So whilst it was a lovely video. I had no real reaction apart from thats nice.

Troy

• Second Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • Troy is a rising star!Troy is a rising star!Troy is a rising star!Troy is a rising star!Troy is a rising star!Troy is a rising star!

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2018, 01:55:59 PM »

Though very important, it dose make me think about all the guns that didn't fall silent, you had German forces still 'fighting' in Africa, to some extent till I believe 1920, plus all those people that were killed after 11am on that day and the others on the 12th to around 15th because sides didn't get the memo in time or just didnt know what day it was. Or those men who were wounded on say the 10th of November and died afterwards. Its important to remember that the war didnt really end on the 11th, representatives both just chose that would be the day the open all out war would end.

Khnum

• Major
  • Reputation Power: 85
  • Khnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has Ascended
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2018, 02:39:12 PM »

In memory of the other Italian soldiers, we remember the latter

https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attentati_di_N%C4%81%E1%B9%A3iriya

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!
  • I already lost one captain. I won't lose another
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2018, 08:42:45 PM »

Just saw the videos just now. Sorry. Had work most of the afternoon washing dishes, so it was pretty busy cause of Veterens Day. Really busy for me, but I understand the tradition. So the videos were awesome. While I don't really show emotion very well or display it, I really do respect tradition. So I respect and honor the fallen.

Good videos.
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2018, 09:01:21 PM »

Thank you :)

I did another one yesterday in between exams. Well actually I started it last week and never finished it.

Post updated, I hope you enjoy it as much as I loved making it. I guess many of you, particularly from the US will connect with it. But even those from other countries that were not involved, you will be touched.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 01:18:37 AM by Mim »
Far Dareis Mai

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2018, 06:06:38 PM »

It's been a very long time since I've had reason to cry as much as I did watching this. Thank you Mel for the memories so dear to me.

Khnum

• Major
  • Reputation Power: 85
  • Khnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has Ascended
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2018, 05:38:32 AM »

In fact, as a descendant of a Fascist hierarch although of a very low level, I do not have much to celebrate, rather I am very ashamed of what my family or rather one of the family did ... I do not feel attached to this recurrence, indeed I totally avoid it :^

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2018, 02:57:01 PM »

In fact, as a descendant of a Fascist hierarch although of a very low level, I do not have much to celebrate, rather I am very ashamed of what my family or rather one of the family did ... I do not feel attached to this recurrence, indeed I totally avoid it :^

While that is true of World War 2 Khnum, during World War 1, Italy did fight on the side of the allies and your ancestors had done things back then that should make you very proud of them.   :sam59

Far Dareis Mai